change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• zone_de_guerre's Profile Photo

Arriving late in Tbilisi

by zone_de_guerre Online Now Sep 19, 2016 at 5:58 AM

Hi all I arrive at 3am in Tbilisi in December so its going to be freezing! Does anyone know of any accommodation that I could check into that early in the morning? I have booked accommodation but despite repeated attempts at e mailing and calling I have had no success in getting an answer as no one responds!

2 Answers Oct 8, 2016 at 10:16 PM
    • Chabad and Great synagogue

by travelbugr Online Now Jun 8, 2016 at 1:08 PM

Still looking for hotel in short walking distance to Chabad and the great synagogue.Will be there in 2 weeks from today

4 Answers Jun 10, 2016 at 1:48 PM
    • good hotel in walking distance of Chabad and Great synagogue

by travelbugr Online Now May 29, 2016 at 1:01 PM

Any recommendation for a good hotel in Old Town in walking distance of Great synagogue and Chabad would be appreciated as don't travel on the Sabbath and hard for me to walk far

1 Answer Jun 1, 2016 at 7:47 PM
    • Braheem's Profile Photo

Advice on 10 Days Itinerary for Georgia in Middle May 2016

by Braheem Online Now Apr 29, 2016 at 10:49 AM

Hello Every one,
      I hope you can advise me on my trip to Georgia around Middle of May 2016. The tentative Itenerary is:
      Day 1: Tbilisi
      Day 2: Tbilisi – Kazbegi -Tbilisi
      Day 3: Tbilisi-Gori - borjomi-kharagauli national park
      Day 4: borjomi-kharagauli national park
      Day 5: borjomi-kharagauli national park – Kutaisi – martvilis- Okatse canyon- Kutaisi
      Day 6: Kutaisi - Batumi Mestia
      Day 7: Batumi
      Day 8 : Batumi – Kutaisi
      Day 9: Kutaisi – Mestia(Flight)
      Day 10: Mestia – Tbilisi (Flight)
      Do you think this is good? Do I need to delete some places? Is Batumi Worth it?
      Thank you in advance :)

2 Answers Apr 30, 2016 at 2:42 AM
    • car rental Georgia

by janwillemd Online Now Feb 26, 2016 at 7:12 AM

Does anyone have experience with car rental and car rental companies in Georgia? Especially in Tbilisi? Any companies that you recommend?

• Tblisi stamps for collectors

by SteenP Online Now Feb 13, 2016 at 9:31 AM

Dear all...

Going to TBS for the first time in May.
      Collecting stamps is my hobby..
      Do you know where to find shops or markets
      for this ?

Best regards
      Steen , Denmark

4 Answers Apr 28, 2016 at 4:41 AM
    • Relocating to Georgia

by nooradannish Online Now Nov 18, 2015 at 4:34 AM

Hello All,

My husband and I are planing on relocating to Georgia possibly, I do however have lots of questions running through my mind, especially about my two dogs, who happen to be Pit bulls, In terms of pet service, what is it like for pet dogs living in Georgia ?

Another question I have, instead of renting, we are planing on buying a home, i know cost ranges differ , but a rough approximate for an ordinary home ?

Last but not least, considering my pets, what is the best location ? I am also a professional dog walker, so if I decide to continue my profession in Georgia, is it a good idea or bad ?

• Ally_lulu's Profile Photo

GAY night life

by Ally_lulu Online Now Oct 20, 2015 at 12:40 AM

hi my friend is travelling to Georgia anyone knows if there is open GAY BAR in T'bilisi, Georgia?

thanks Mucho

2 Answers Oct 20, 2015 at 4:14 AM
    • Annali-Floris's Profile Photo

Road from Sighnaghi to Kazbegi

by Annali-Floris Online Now Oct 7, 2015 at 6:09 AM

Hi everybody,

We plan to be in Georgia in June next year.

We'll rent a car, drive from Tbilisi first to Mtsketha, to Sighnaghi, to Kazbegi, to Gori, etc.

Is there a passable road between Sighnaghi and Kazbegi via Kvareli and Akhmeta without first going back via Tbilisi?

Please help.

2 Answers Oct 14, 2015 at 1:55 PM
    • hooiluangoh's Profile Photo

T'bilisi cafe and fruit in season

by hooiluangoh Online Now Sep 2, 2015 at 6:30 AM

Are cafes popular in T'bilisi? What fruit are in season in September in Georgia?

2 Answers Sep 30, 2015 at 11:15 AM
    • Foreigners need registration in Georgia ?

by iitpp0 Online Now Aug 27, 2015 at 10:55 AM

To Russia and Belarus, Foreigners need registration 3-5 days after entering into the country. but for Georgia ? Staying and renting for 2-3 months, any concerns for registration ? For Georgian citizen and resident, yes need registration, but for foreigners, non-resident seem not mention in the law of Georgia on the legal status of Aliens and stateless persons, any ideas ?

1 Answer Aug 28, 2015 at 12:34 AM
    • VidER's Profile Photo

Driving Vacation in Georgia and Turkey?

by VidER Online Now Aug 25, 2015 at 2:33 PM

Hi all.

I enjoy driving through scenic road, photography, and food. I was planning a 6 days trip in October where I start from Tbilisi Georgia and drive to Batumi then on the shores of the Black Sea to Turkish cities such as Ayder, Uzongol, and Trabzone.

My questions are:

1- is such a trip safe?
      2- do you suggest any cities to include in the trip?
      3- will they allow me to take a rental car from Georgia to Turkey?
      4- will the weather in October suit such a trip?

2 Answers Apr 28, 2016 at 5:05 AM
    • Visiting T'bilisi, which area to stay ?

by A.G Online Now Aug 21, 2015 at 4:33 AM

Hi All,

My wife and me want to go and visit Georgia for the first time. To be honest it’s a black box for us, but after an initial research, we have found Tbilisi is a good choice since it’s the capital of Georgia and is considered as an old town. Our preference is for a quite area/romantic. Seeing different cultures, building, green areas and mountains.

We are flying from Dubai; hence air ticket is quit expensive. Only one airline with direct route!

We are travelling in 20th September and for four or five days, expecting a baby in January hence wanted to ask for a hotel close to the Metro with a budget around USD 100 per day. Any hotel recommendation?

Also what area you would recommend to stay at? What people usually do there at Georgia?

3 Answers Sep 12, 2015 at 2:56 AM
    • annesophia's Profile Photo

Finally - booked for Tbilisi on Dec 2-5, 2015

by annesophia Online Now Aug 12, 2015 at 4:51 AM

hi! any one please help me decide on which hotel to book for the city area (Tbilisi) ... i've seen alot in and i've noticed that the city is just enough to see for 2 days ... given that the city hotel i would chose will be in the centre ... i havent book the hotel for Dec 3-5 BUT Dec 2-3 is already booked in Gudauri area ... will there be any snow on this date? thanks for any responce i could get ...

2 Answers Aug 12, 2015 at 6:58 AM
    • Are Mastercard, Visa Card widely accepted ?

by iitpp0 Online Now Jul 24, 2015 at 11:51 AM

Are Mastercard, Visa Card widely accepted in Supermarkets, Shops, Train Station, Central Bus Station etc ?

6 Answers Aug 8, 2015 at 7:48 AM
    • Cool-123's Profile Photo

Visa application

by Cool-123 Online Now Jun 8, 2015 at 6:11 AM

I need to apply the visa at the airport and will arrive there at 2:30am on 16 Jul. So, is the office still open after mid night? Is it easy to do it? What document do I need to prepare? Any photo requires? Thanks.

1 Answer Jun 8, 2015 at 8:53 AM
    • Kath08's Profile Photo

Im going to tbilisi this dec

by Kath08 Online Now Jun 7, 2015 at 1:35 PM

Hi!! Could anyone help me figure out if "hotel at metro" is far from all the tourist spots/ place in tbilisi? I do need your opinion guys.. Thanks alot

6 Answers Jun 10, 2015 at 11:18 PM
    • robertopele's Profile Photo

Tbilisi Sightseeing

by robertopele Online Now May 7, 2015 at 8:14 AM

What are the best places to visit in Tbilisi in two days?

2 Answers May 13, 2015 at 10:18 AM
    • visas to Tbilisi Georgia for Us Citizen

by NathalieF Online Now May 6, 2015 at 4:32 PM

So i am looking to study abroad in Tbilisi and I know i will have to have a visa because i will be staying more than 90 days
      I called the georgian consulate here in the united states and they said I will have to come fore an interview in Washington dc is this true?
      I basically just want to know if anyone else has acquired a visa to go to georgia from the United States, and if you did what was the process you had to undergo

3 Answers May 6, 2015 at 7:42 PM
    • what to wear

by NathalieF Online Now Apr 12, 2015 at 2:46 PM

what should a woman wear in tbilisi that would be considered appropriate. 

7 Answers Apr 15, 2015 at 8:27 AM
    • HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

From Tbilisi (GE) to Baku (AZ) by public transport in two days

by HORSCHECK Online Now Aug 30, 2014 at 2:11 AM

Which other options do I have to travel from Tbilisi (GE) to Baku (AZ) than the night train? I am looking for a trip by bus, marshrutka or train or a mixture of all these.

In theory I have two days for the trip, so would prefer to stay somewhere interesting in Azerbaijan on the trip. I have read something about the border post at Krasny Most (Red Bridge) between Georgia and Azerbaijan. Still for me it looks like the bus trip from there to Baku is still too long.

Any advice is very much appreciated.

• Outdoor equipment

by kovacevic Online Now Jun 9, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Hi, is there any shop with outdoor equipment? Did you find any ?
      Please send me your opinion about goods that can be found there?
      I am interested in at first place.
      Thanks in advance

2 Answers Jul 2, 2014 at 2:09 PM
    • Any Tbilisi recommendations for gay travelers?

by paestum71 Online Now May 2, 2014 at 1:55 AM

Hi, I'm a gay man in my mid-30s, traveling to Tbilisi soon. I was wondering if there are any gay-friendly/mixed bars in Tbilisi to have a drink. Thanks!

5 Answers May 24, 2014 at 1:01 AM
    • girl frind

by gmggmg Online Now Apr 29, 2014 at 10:42 AM

in Tbilisi can I get girl friend with me to my hotel?

6 Answers May 2, 2014 at 5:53 AM
    • annesophia's Profile Photo

WEATHER by 1st week of Dec 2013

by annesophia Online Now Nov 4, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Can anyone tell me exactly what to expect on this date end of Nov to first week of Dec at T'bilisi?
      What would the weather be like? will there be snow at that time?
      Is the place be more of same like in Turkey?
      Which place should i go for visit? not much interested in bars.
      Can anyone suggest about the 3-star hotel called Penthouse Hotel in District of Aviabari?
      Thank you - Thank you for your replies!

4 Answers Dec 18, 2013 at 4:15 PM
    • asiaminor's Profile Photo

Moving to Tbilisi

by asiaminor Online Now Aug 3, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Hey fellow VT's;

A friend is moving to Tbilisi for a year in september 2013 and he couldn't find any decent information about housing (prices per month and conditions) Heating systems in the apartments and the general living cost. Any information will help much.

Thanks in advance

5 Answers Jul 15, 2015 at 10:48 AM
    • littlebush's Profile Photo

Kazbegi hiking

by littlebush Online Now Jul 31, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Hi, I'm heading to Kazbegi for a few days in August. I would love to do some hiking but I will be travelling light.
      A few questions:
      1) Will the weather be warm enough to not need anything to warm (maybe a simple long sleeve top) even if walking 'fairly high'(i say 'fairly high' as i am not experienced at anything higher than 2500m but am used to doing many hikes)
      2) Are routes clearly marked or should i bring a OS hiking map?
      3) Should i bring other proper walking gear, like proper boots, or are walking shoes adequate

Sorry questions may seen a bit amateur but am trying to travel light.

Thanks Dave

2 Answers Aug 5, 2013 at 1:25 PM
    • mohammedewad's Profile Photo

visit Tbilisi 1st time

by mohammedewad Online Now Jun 16, 2013 at 5:57 AM

Hi! I'm coming to Tbilisi with my friend on june 20th (2013) for a 10-day-trip. I would like to get to know someone local who could possibly show us around and have some nice time with! :) It's always nice to get to know new people around the globe! :)

1 Answer Nov 9, 2013 at 4:36 AM
    • Terje1966's Profile Photo

transport to kazbek area and back.

by Terje1966 Online Now Apr 4, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Any suggestions? Bus, taxi? Rates and awailabillity.
      Dose Anne know ifølge Youngstorget have to walk å Long way to see Therese Kazbek summit?
      How secure is the area ?

6 Answers Apr 14, 2013 at 8:11 AM
    • Young people life in tbilisi

by DeLaSofia Online Now May 27, 2012 at 11:23 AM

So, im going this summer in tbilisi with my daughter to meet our relatives. Last time we had lots of things to do in the city, but now she is grown and in teenage. im a bit worried, that she will get bored. What could underage teenager do in tbilisi?