Travel Answers
Tavernelle in Val di Pesa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Best romantic country area in Tuscany?

Tuscany Jul 14, 2016 at 2:32 AM

Dears,

I am planning to visit Tuscany for 2 days this September with my partner. I am wondering about the best place preferably a countryside overlooking the sea where we can have rent a small villa for a quite and private time while still being able to get to the town center, enjoy good food, and mingle with the locals.
      Thank you!

more
    • Booking for beach necessary?

Castiglioncello Jul 2, 2016 at 1:39 PM

I'm going to Castiglioncello tomorrow for the day and was wondering if I will be able to use the beaches as I am not staying at a hotel or have made any bookings.

more
    • Swimming Pools

Montecatini Terme Jul 16, 2016 at 2:02 PM

Are there any swimming pools in Montecatini?

more
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Best place for traditional food and wine

Tuscany Jun 29, 2016 at 11:04 AM

I am hoping to visit Tuscany in October and I am looking for a traditional town or village where I can relax and try some traditional food and wine. I don't plan to drive so I will rely on trains and buses. I have heard that Greve and Montefioralle are excellent places for food and especially wine, and they get good reports in this forum. They seem to be beside each other, only about 1km apart. Greve seems to be a good choice to stay in, as it has a bus to Florence and has a reasonable selection of accommodation.

Is Greve/Montefioralle the best choice for a traditional day or two in Tuscany? Or are there any better options?

more
    • letsgo247's Profile Photo

Where to stay in Tuscany

Tuscany Jul 10, 2016 at 1:07 PM

In 2017, 5 of us will be staying in Cinque Terre for 5-7 nights and then want to move on to the Tuscany area. We will have a car, if needed, and would like to be assessable to Florence, Pisa and the small town/rural experiences of the area. We expect to rent a 3BR apartment/villa. A coastal town is fine but I fear that we'll wish we had stayed somewhere inland. Any suggestions and THANKS??

more
    • A day in Florence - what to see or do to have best experience

Florence Jul 1, 2016 at 5:39 AM

Hi, I will be staying in Rome with my hubby for 4 nights in last week of july & have already booked train tickets to visit Florence in a day (early morning till late evening).

As this is our first time to Italy, please advise what should we see or do or try? Both of us are good with walking. Food, shopping and history are our interests.

Thank you for your help!

more
    • CRUISERMAN's Profile Photo

GETTING AROUND

San Gimignano Jul 16, 2016 at 7:27 AM

Hi, we will be visiting Italy in October and not being seasoned travelers I would like to find out whether there are taxi/cabs operating around San Gimignano. We are staying about 3 kilometers out of the center in a self catering apartment. We are taking the train from Rome to Florence, then bus to San Gimignano on the 4 October. Our idea is to do a guided bus tour to Pisa on one day from San Gimignano and therefore do not want to hire a car in Florence to leave it standing. All advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

more