Tasmania

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Is it a good time to go Tasmania in April 2017

by MNBHong Online Now Sep 14, 2016 at 12:15 AM

Is my first time going to Tasmania, is April a good time ? Or any suggested month? What is the attraction during the period of April? 4 Senior Member travelling, no hiking or tough activities

13 Answers Sep 16, 2016 at 5:45 AM
    • carolondon's Profile Photo

Hire a campervan in Melbourne or Tassy?

by carolondon Online Now Apr 18, 2016 at 5:00 PM

Hi, I am planning to travel to Tasmania next summer for a fortnight self-drive trip with my husband. I wondered, does anyone have any experience with campervan hire? Am I better off to fly from Perth to Melbourne and hire the camper there to take over on the ferry, or fly Perth to Hobart and hire the camper in Tasmania? I just wondered, with high volume of customers in Melbourne, if my range of choices/prices would be better? Thanks in advance. Caro.

5 Answers Apr 20, 2016 at 4:33 AM
    • Transport

by JacobDutch Online Now Nov 10, 2015 at 11:10 PM

Hi everyone I have a question about public transportation in Tasmania. Is it possible to travel by bus, because I dont have a driverslicense. Or is it to hard to travel on the island with a bus?

Thank you

3 Answers Nov 11, 2015 at 1:48 AM
    • tent safety

by ntulett Online Now Oct 20, 2015 at 5:36 AM

Has anyone ever tented in Tasmania, I would like to know if it is safe enough to camp in a tent? ie from animals, weather etc.What do people recommend? Thanks

3 Answers Oct 22, 2015 at 7:36 PM
    • wise23girl's Profile Photo

Name of a Bakery

by wise23girl Online Now Jul 24, 2015 at 4:23 AM

My friends are visiting Tasmania in a couple of weeks and have had no success in discovering the name of the bakery that Princess Mary of Denmark visits inTasmania.
      Virtual Tourist will help said I....so my friends do not let me down....can anyone tell me please?

2 Answers Jul 24, 2015 at 6:56 AM
    • Spirit of Tasmania

by Anthony-Peters Online Now Mar 19, 2015 at 9:34 PM

has any one used "Travel with a Cause" to book trip to Tasmania

2 Answers Mar 21, 2015 at 4:52 AM
    • Jeevz000's Profile Photo

Driving with a small car?

by Jeevz000 Online Now Feb 24, 2015 at 2:45 AM

Hi ! ill be driving to Tasmania via melb , on a Suzuki swift 1.2L hatchback. From what I gathered the roads are pretty steepy in Tasmania? Will a small 1200 cc Suzuki be able to take the pressure of driving round the island? ill be staying 10 days .. driving from Devonport -- bicheon -- Swansea -- Hobart -- cradle mountain -- Devonport. And is gps navigation important ? Do advise and thanks in advance!
      cheers

8 Answers Feb 28, 2015 at 3:41 AM
    • Tasmania by foot/Anyone on Tasmania on 3rd - 4th Oct 2014?

by themask Online Now Oct 11, 2014 at 8:23 AM

I am fascinated by Tasmania, eversince I watched a movie filmed in Tasmania. Since, I am in Sydney, I decided to visit Tasmania on the end of my trip. My worry is, since I dont drive, will it still possible to navigate Tasmania tourist spots by public transport? I know it almost impossible but at least I will cover some places.

3 Answers Oct 11, 2014 at 6:12 PM
    • Booking tours through Global Journeys

by MamaLan Online Now May 6, 2014 at 5:20 AM

Has anyone booked a coach tour through Global Journeys? Their prices are so much better than booking with AAT Kings directly that they seem too good to be true.

2 Answers May 6, 2014 at 7:34 PM
    • Trip suggestions/tips/things to see & do in Tasmania for 22 days during December2013 & January2014

by dtatim Online Now Dec 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Trip Suggestions/tips/ advice/ things to see & do for the following itinerary will be much appreciated:

I am not really keen to visit a zoo/animal park, adventure rides/adrenaline challenges, hiking/(bush)walking too long (i.e. greater than 10-12 km return) trails.
      I do enjoy nature, bit of museum visits, visiting historic sites & learning/cultural centres, gentle hiking,(bush)walking upto 10km, visiting small towns & cities, wineries, eateries, beaches, short climbs, scenic drives.

A)Day 1, 2 &3: In & around Hobart & day trips from Hobart.

B)Day 4: Bruny Island but can’t take my 2 wheel drive to Bruny because of many unsealed roads.

C)Day 5: Port Arthur

D) Day 6: Bronte Park Village, around Derwent Bridge Area

E) Day 7: Strahan

F) Day 8 & 9: Tullah(visit attractions like Cradle Mountain, Leven Canyon & Mole Creek Caves?? with Tullah as base)

G) Day 10: Stanley (not planning to take the Arthur River Cruise)

H) Day 11: Devonport & on the way see Burnie

I) Day 12: George Town

J) Day 13 & 14: St Helens, Bay of fire

K) Day 15 & 16: Coles Bay, Freycinet Peninsula

L) Day 17: Bicheno
      Any possibility to see Ross,Cambeltown, EvanDale on route during this time?

M) Day 18: Deloraine

N) Day 19,20, 21 & half of Day22: In & around Launceston & day trips from Launceston

Thanks for your suggestions/tips/ advice.

4 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 4:21 PM
    • travelling with kids

by sabrinapearson Online Now Nov 10, 2013 at 3:50 AM

things to do and see in southern or southeast Tasmania November 2013 whilst on holidays travelling with 2 and 5 year olds

2 Answers Nov 11, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    • Transport Launceston to Bridport

by Chocolate2234 Online Now Oct 18, 2013 at 8:25 PM

How do I get from Launceston Airport to Bridport to catch the boat to Flinders Island? Thanks

1 Answer Oct 22, 2013 at 7:54 PM
    • dyah.ES's Profile Photo

Strahan vs Mount wilderness

by dyah.ES Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Hi,
      We plan to drive around Tasmania startiong from Hobart. One of the itinerary suggested by travel agent is stay 1 night in Strahan and 2 nights Mount Wilderness ( ? not sure the name, somewhe around the park)
      My husband think maybe better 2 days in Strahan instead, but I browsed about those places looks like more to do in Mount Wilderness.
      Anyone has any experiences? We'll travel around X'mast
      Big thanks as always

4 Answers Aug 1, 2013 at 5:20 PM
    • Travel company

by summa Online Now Jul 16, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Thinking of booking Spirit of Tasmania through Travel With A Cause Inc, are they a reliable company?

Thankyou....Carol

1 Answer Jul 16, 2013 at 7:39 PM
    • seblak's Profile Photo

3 days suggestions for tasmania

by seblak Online Now Nov 5, 2012 at 11:44 PM

We have only 3 days in tasmania. What should we prioritise and do?

And my sister may stay longer. What do you suggest to her : stay longer in tasmania or go to new zealand ?

6 Answers Nov 9, 2012 at 11:32 PM
    • Christmas 2011 in Tasmania

by Albafir Online Now Jun 7, 2011 at 1:02 PM

Hi, I will be travelling by myself to Tasmania, arriving Hobart Monday 19 December, hired a car until Wednesday 28th December. I would love to stay in a nice small hostel (where your not a room number) over Christmas, anywhere on the island (beach/mountain-don't care as long as the owners are nice and everyone will have a nice lunch together etc etc). Would like any suggestions, thank you.
      PS - have read members top 10 suggestions for places to visit (very informative)and will be including a few on my list of things to see and do.
      Cheers, John.

2 Answers Nov 20, 2011 at 7:23 AM
    • Abalone Farm

by janetlee Online Now Feb 7, 2010 at 5:25 AM

Is there abalone farm open to be visited by a tourist? My family wish to visit an abalone farm very much. Much grateful if any VT members can give me advice.

2 Answers Feb 8, 2010 at 6:34 AM
    • North west tasmania

by danvalmac Online Now Jul 6, 2008 at 6:57 PM

Hi everyone,
      My husband and I are going to tasmania for 1 week from 20th July. We have rented a little cottage on 5 acres at Penguin. While we are there we plan to have a look at cradle mountain, queenstown and strahan. Any tips on where to eat, what to see, must do"s would be appreciated.

4 Answers Jan 6, 2010 at 12:48 PM