VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Talkeetna Travel Answers

change location

Talkeetna flightseeing

by sjlm1 Online Now Apr 23, 2004 at 5:59 PM

There are several glacier pilot operations in Talkeetna. Have you had a particularly wonderful experience with any of them? Which trip flying around Denali and landing on a glacier do you recommend? Any other information about those trips?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • jjkent's Profile Photo

Re: Talkeetna flightseeing

by jjkent Online Now Apr 30, 2004 at 2:01 PM

I did a Talkeetna Air Taxi flightseeing tour last summer with my mom. We took the "South Face McKinley" tour ($135 pp) with the glacier landing (an extra60 pp). We both enjoyed it a lot, there is a lot to see. The entire flight took about 1.5 hours. You can spend a little more money and see more of Mount McKinley. Whatever trip you decide on, I would recommend doing a glacier landing! It is interesting to see it from up close. And the plane lands/takes off on skids - that was a first for me! Talkeetna Air Taxi website is http://www.talkeetnaair.com/ Have fun! Jason

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • HappieCamper's Profile Photo

Re: Talkeetna flightseeing

by HappieCamper Online Now May 6, 2004 at 5:09 AM

K2 gave us a wonderful flight around Mt McKinley, and landed us on a glacier. They're out of Talkeetna. We chose them because they had been highly recommended by people who had taken the flight, and also by a campground operator. You can check out some images from the flight at happiecamper.com/html/mt_mck... I have other pictures of our trip into Denali here: happiecamper.com/html/denali... They were taken on the 13 hour bus tour to Kantishna (if memory serves me).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines