VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Takayama Travel Answers

change location
FreeCloud's Profile Photo

How many days in Takayama (Gifu ken)?

by FreeCloud Online Now Apr 16, 2006 at 5:19 PM

We would like to see the Oct.9/10 festival - IF I can book a hotel, so far it seems all hotels are fully booked! :(

Q1: How many days would it take to see the festival (2 days) and tour the small town?
Q2: Is there any other day trip one can take from Takayama? E.g., is there any bus tour taking us to "Historic Villages of Shirakawa-go or Gokayama", going by ourselves seem to be rather time consuming (need multiple transfers)?
Q3: Any suggestion on booking a hotel for the time?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • gogonicetrip's Profile Photo

RE: How many days in Takayama (Gifu ken)?

by gogonicetrip Online Now Apr 21, 2006 at 5:47 AM

Q1 There is a city-bus which runs in Takayama city, you can use one-day free pass (550 yen) or two-day free pass(960 yen).

Q2 So far, I can’t find English bus tour from Takayama to Shirakawago.
    But there is a high way bus from Takayama to Shirakawago with 2 hour journey time and from Shirakawago to Gokayama with 50 minute journey time.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • missykirra's Profile Photo

RE: How many days in Takayama (Gifu ken)?

by missykirra Online Now Apr 25, 2006 at 3:22 AM

Hi, I am going to Japan - Takayama in June and have booked at a place called Ryokan Seiryu - you can find their details here http://www.jpinn.com/ it is relatively priced. Enjoy the festival, would love to see it, Japanese festivals are amazing. I cant help on the bus tours but will post some details on my return if you are still interested.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines