Takapuna

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• adventures and day trips

Methven Apr 18, 2016 at 6:40 AM

hello I am travelling to methven in july to go skiing for a week, I am a keen snowboarder and skier and I am wondering what is best for this mountain?
      also I would like to do some adventure day trips to surrounding places of the area, I am on a budget though. can you recommend any places that I can go to? I am in my early 20s :)

more
    • Information

New Zealand Apr 25, 2016 at 12:14 AM

Hi I will be getting a campervan for 3 weeks in May.Landing in Auckland and leave Christchurch.looking for an itinerary of places to view in that time.Thanks

more
    • gapiffy's Profile Photo

itinerary help

New Zealand Apr 16, 2016 at 9:51 PM

my husband and i are thinking of a weeks holiday in new zealand by ourselves in july...to then be joined by our 8 adult kids who will fly into christchurch and out again after one week-- i would love some ideas about where to go for both the first week for 2 and the 2nd week for the 10 of us--- we can road trip -- will hire 2 cars and happy to move around but maybe it would be better given the size of our group to stay in a couple of places for 2 or 3 nights ?-- haven't made any plans yet so whatever you guys can suggest will be helpful-- thanks!!

more
    • North Island - ~Bay of Plenty & Bay of Islands

New Zealand Apr 24, 2016 at 8:43 AM

Trying to see if we can afford to visit NZ so want to make as much use of our time as possible. Will hire a car. Propose to fly to Wellington and visit the Tongariro National Park. By visiting the Bay of Plenty and the Bay of Islands it adds approx. 1000 KM return - and possibly 3 nights accommodation - in blunt terms is the extra 1000 KM worth it

To save time and money we are considering taking flying between North & South Island - rather than the Picton Ferry. By flying we do not incur any extra drop off charges for the rental car as we would pick the car up at Wellington and drop off at ferry terminal. If we picked a rental car up at Picton and dropped it off at Christchurch airport I presume that there would be a hefty drop off fee given that Google maps makes the distance 338KM. So although the flight might appear more expensive overall it could be cheaper to fly. Again - is taking the Picton ferry worth the extra costing?

Sorry for the blunt questions, but this is a trip of a lifetime - any help much appreciated.

more