change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• fridz's Profile Photo

first time in Taiwan

Taiwan Nov 28, 2016 at 6:53 AM

Hi guys! I would like to ask you for any suggestion of hotel - near city centre, near mtr and shopping areas/night market? And any advice for the must see/try there in taiwan.... We're family of 4 adults and will be staying for 4days... Thanks much

more
    • Eva Air and credit card?

Taiwan Dec 1, 2016 at 7:34 AM

Hi all, I'm a little worried because I just took a flight ticket from taipei to paris with Eva Air and it was writen that I need to show the credit card when checking in. Since I used the credit card of my mom who is in fr thats not gonna be possible. Someone know if they really ask it? if yes is there a way to avoid issues? thanks!

more
    • Eva Air and credit card?

Taiwan Dec 1, 2016 at 7:34 AM

Hi all, I'm a little worried because I just took a flight ticket from taipei to paris with Eva Air and it was writen that I need to show the credit card when checking in. Since I used the credit card of my mom who is in fr thats not gonna be possible. Someone know if they really ask it? if yes is there a way to avoid issues? thanks!

3 Answers Dec 1, 2016 at 10:03 AM
    • fridz's Profile Photo

first time in Taiwan

Taiwan Nov 28, 2016 at 6:53 AM

Hi guys! I would like to ask you for any suggestion of hotel - near city centre, near mtr and shopping areas/night market? And any advice for the must see/try there in taiwan.... We're family of 4 adults and will be staying for 4days... Thanks much

3 Answers Dec 1, 2016 at 4:14 AM
    • davidjo's Profile Photo

CHINESE/ENGLISH TRANSLATION PLEASE

Lu-kang Oct 15, 2016 at 8:00 PM

While waiting for my good friend to reply, i thought someone else may be able to help me. This photo was taken at the entrance of Lukang Folk Arts Museum but i have forgotten who the statue is of. Please inform me if the Chinese characters is the fellow's name.
      Thanks in advance
      David

7 Answers Oct 16, 2016 at 6:50 PM
    • Aust St George Visa debit card in Taiwan

Taiwan Oct 6, 2016 at 6:49 PM

Hi everyone, my name is John. I am a newbie.
      1) are there any past/present Aussie travellers that have used their St George Visa debit on ATMs in Taiwan?
      2) which bank ATM accepts the card?
      3) what is the maximum withdrawal in NTD, in one go can I withdraw?

Thank you all.
      John

3 Answers Oct 7, 2016 at 4:59 PM
    • Moving to Teach English

Kaohsiung Oct 2, 2016 at 10:07 AM

Hi all, I just had some questions about living in Kaohsiung:

1) Where is the best district to live in if you want to be near a lot of activities (indoor and outdoor, but still need it to be affordable?

2) Are there any recommendations for schools in the area?

3) What are some fun places to hang out at night? Any ex-pat bars that tickle your fancy?

4) What the deal with visas? I've heard that it's better to arrive in Taiwan and then find a job (better pay/location/etc.), but as I want to get there in November, I'm worried there won't be anyone hiring. If I did just fly to Taiwan, is there any way to get a visa where I don't need to leave the country in order to come back in with a working visa?

Thanks for all the help ahead of time! Much gratitude!

With warmth,
      Hailey

3 Answers Oct 2, 2016 at 4:47 PM

need a Chinese tarnslator

Lu-kang Sep 22, 2016 at 3:02 AM

Please tell me the name of this shop which i visited recently but lost my notes. Is it Cheng Yu Chen ? Thanks in advance

14 Answers Sep 25, 2016 at 8:07 PM

a few questions

Taiwan Aug 14, 2016 at 4:04 PM

1 I will be bringing cash $ us and $ aus. Best places to change money ?
      2 My flight arrives after midnite and i hope to get train after 6 am to Hualien. Any buses to station in the moiddle of the night?
      3. When using the internet at guest houses to enter password for websites are they in Chinese characters or English
      4 Anyone want to meet in Taipei on 9th or 10th September ?

Thanks in advance

9 Answers Aug 17, 2016 at 5:42 AM
    • Sightseeing Taiper, Taitung & Hualien

Taipei Jul 26, 2016 at 3:27 AM

Hello! I'm having a hard time figuring out our Taipei Trip due to limited time. I will be traveling with my relatives (senior aunt & uncles) from Sept 10-17
      We are flying to Taipei on Sept 10th, and we'll be arriving about noon. My relatives would like to visit Taitung (2nights) & Hualien (overnight).
      Traveling from Taipei to Taitung by train is pretty long and a waste of time. So here are my options:

Option 1
      Sept 10-12 Taipei
      Sept 12 fly to Taitung from Songsan Airport.
      Sept 12-14 Taitung
      Sept 14 train to Hualien (i dont know which train yet)
      Sept 14-15 Overnight in Hualien
      Sept 15 train from Hualien to Taipei
      Sept 15-17 Taipei

Option 2:
      Sept 10 Arrive Taipei, fly to Taitung
      Sept 10-13 Taitung
      Sept 13 train to Hualien
      Sept 13-14 Hualien overnight
      Sept 14 Train to Taipei
      Sept 14-17 Taipei

What do you think? Any recommendations? As much as possible, since i will be with 3 seniors, I want to avoid switching trains and too much walking.
      I checked domestic airlines, only Transasia fly from Hualien to Taipei & Mandarin fly from Taipei to Taitung. Are these the only local airlines available?
      As for express train, a lot say that we have to book train tickets in advance, is it really necessary? Cant we just walk in and purchase tickets at the station? Is September a peak season?

Thank you so much! Cant wait to read your comments/recommendations. :)

Cheers!

3 Answers Jul 27, 2016 at 11:53 PM
    • kellychenisback's Profile Photo

HSR or TRA?

Taitung Jul 7, 2016 at 11:59 AM

I intend to visit Nantou from Taipei so I am taking the HSR there. But if I wish to travel north towards Taitung, is it more economical to take theh TRA or the HSR? The TRA and HSR are in the same location?

2 Answers Jul 7, 2016 at 7:11 PM
    • Lantern festival in Taipei and Yanshui District

Taiwan May 31, 2016 at 7:28 AM

Hi everybody,

I'm planing my first trip to Taiwan next year for the lantern festival and wanted to see to the Yanshui District Beehive festival. My idea was to take the high speed train from Taipei, where I would stay for the rest of the trip. Does anyone have some experience, hint or tips for a trip like this (except the obvious regarding clothing, earplug etc).

What is most important IMO:

• how to get around Tainan/Yanshui District to actually get to the places where the 'walls' are placed, as traffic seems to be shut down during the holidays ?
      • is the train a good option, or are there better ones ?
      • what's the best times of day to be there ?
      • can you recommend a hotel around there (or could you even go back the same day)?
      • when are the festivals in Taipei itself and could you even see the Beehive and the traditionals in one trip ?

1 Answer Jun 1, 2016 at 7:37 PM
    • rgenn's Profile Photo

Best guide for combination of walking hiking and cities

Taiwan May 24, 2016 at 10:18 PM

I will be in Taiwan in November for 3-4 weeks and need a guide for the national parks and hiking, walking areas and for the cities. Recommendations?

4 Answers Sep 4, 2016 at 12:19 AM
    • Where is the wifi

Taiwan May 17, 2016 at 8:56 PM

I will be making a round trip with a few mates to Taiwan, Japan then Korea. Is it easy to find free wifi there on the go? It will be a kinda spontaneous trip and we plan on leaving the city to expore with GPS. I don't want to get SIM cards as I mainly communicate through twitter or skype anyway. Would it be safer to rent routers with unlimited wifi we can split. There are so many router rental sites to choose from in each country, anyone has good recommendations in terms of coverage/ price? Or better yet, somewhere i can settle all at once in Aussie? Haha thanks!

1 Answer Jun 17, 2016 at 7:51 PM
    • 5 days tour

Chung-hsing Apr 16, 2016 at 6:28 AM

our group 20 persons would like tour hualien, taichung and kaohung. Please help

4 Answers Jun 17, 2016 at 7:56 PM
    • Shifen, Jiufen, Miaokou NM

Taipei Apr 14, 2016 at 7:46 AM

Intended to go Taipei this coming Setember and would like to ask if anyone could help me with the itinerary below: Jiufen, Shifen, Miaokou Night Market.

Full details on how to get to these places. Would appreciate if could jot down step by step. Thank you very much.

6 Answers Jun 17, 2016 at 7:54 PM
    • Hualien-Taitung-Kenting-Kaohsiung

Taiwan Apr 13, 2016 at 9:16 PM

I plan on driving from Hualien to Kaohsiung. Looking at the map, I should take Highway 11 for a scenic drive from Hualien to Taitung, then Highway 11 merges into Highway 9, but approaching Pingtung, Highway 9 goes inland so I'm wondering which route do you recommend for the rest of the way?

Thanks!

2 Answers Apr 14, 2016 at 5:39 PM
    • Going to Wulai from Taoyuan (Daxi District)

Taiwan Apr 9, 2016 at 10:58 PM

How easy is it to go from Wulai from Taoyuan (Daxi District) vs. Taipei (let's say, the main station) to Wulai?

Thanks!

2 Answers Apr 13, 2016 at 9:12 PM
    • Taoyuan travel

Taiwan Apr 9, 2016 at 10:19 PM

I will be visiting Taoyuan and would like some feedback on my itinerary as well as advice on transportation options.

I will first stay in Taoyuan district (桃園區) to visit Mt.Hutou (虎頭山) and Sanxia (三峽). Then I will stay in Daxi district (大溪區) to visit Daxi Old Street (大溪老街), Leofoo Village (六福村), and 桃源仙谷 (no idea what the English name is, but it's this place - www.tysv.com.tw).

How is public transportation to each of these places? Or should I just hire a cab or uber?

Thanks!

6 Answers Apr 10, 2016 at 10:22 AM
    • Things to do/places to go in Zhongli

Taiwan Feb 18, 2016 at 1:02 AM

Hi, I'm visiting a friend in Zhongli for one week at the end of March. Trouble is, she's very busy and can't be my guide and I can't speak Chinese! Are there any parks, museums, arts venues or general places of interest to explore? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!!

• Transport from sun moon lake to Tai chung

T'ai-chung Feb 17, 2016 at 8:04 AM

Hi there,
      Is there a ferry trip from sun moon lake to tai chung?

6 Answers Feb 23, 2016 at 6:20 PM
    • Suggestions on travel route?

Taiwan Jan 11, 2016 at 4:40 PM

My friend and I are planning a 2-week graduation trip to Taiwan in March. We've been to Taipei previously, and would like to explore other regions of Taiwan this time round. However, we're unsure of the route we should take and which regions are more popular? Any suggestions??? :-)

P.S.: We hope to input Yilan as one of the destinations, and would like to stay in Taipei for about 3 days before the end of our trip. Oh, and our flight is to Taipei!

Thanks so much in advance!!!!

3 Answers Feb 5, 2016 at 2:08 PM
    • Unexpected trip to Taiwan

Taiwan Jan 4, 2016 at 5:26 AM

We have been unexpectedly invited to Taiwan for Chinese New Year. We will be staying with friends in Hsinchu and Boashan Township. I know nothing about either place but have been asked to think of places we would like to visit and things to do. Please can people help with advice.
      I know about Japanese culture and places etc but Taiwanese is completely new to me.
      What should we be aware of re cultural mistakes etc? Should we bring lots of little gifts for everyone we meet or visit?
      The main family yes I understand that.
      Advice is needed and much appreciated.
      We are late 60's and early 70's and like many western women I am over weight and suffer from arthritis but love to walk but not long hikes.
      Thanks everyone.

2 Answers Jan 4, 2016 at 8:22 PM
    • Shifen, Jiufen and Keelung MiaoKou Night Market

Taipei Dec 17, 2015 at 2:59 AM

would like to went to shifen, jiufen and keelung miaokou night market by public transport. How do I get there and back from ximending if I started my trip at 8am? How should my itinerary be for the day?

15 Answers Dec 23, 2015 at 6:29 PM
    • Hoverboard/ self balancing -2wheel- board/ oxboard

Taipei Nov 10, 2015 at 12:57 PM

Hi there! I was wondering if the self balancing electric (2 wheel) scooters/ mini Segway without steering wheel, are also a hype in Taiwan (Taipei). And if so, would anyone know where they can be bought? I have search on the internet for weeks now, but came up empty handed. Maybe they go by (yet) another name?

3 Answers Dec 26, 2015 at 7:39 AM
    • CHOCOLATECALIENTE's Profile Photo

Tai Chi in Park?

Taipei Nov 8, 2015 at 3:23 PM

I'll soon be in Taipei for a few days! I'd love to take Tai Chi classes possibly out in a park or somewhere. Does anyone know any Tai Chi classes that I can join in Taipei? Thanks!

• Tidak's Profile Photo

hotel, hostel cheap

Taiwan Nov 1, 2015 at 4:41 AM

hello, does any one know hotel, or hostel chepa below 1000 dollar taiwan near taoyuan city? tq

1 Answer Nov 1, 2015 at 9:27 AM
    • From chung cheng university to chiayi bus station

Chiayi Aug 15, 2015 at 12:50 AM

Hello, I am a student and I'm planning to go to Chiayi bus station from CCU. How much is it and how long will it take to get there? Thank you

• Holiday 20 days around Taiwan

Taiwan Aug 4, 2015 at 10:03 PM

We want to make a private tour for 20 days around Taiwan. We want to know if it's possible making this Tour travelling by train and car (of a combination of both). If yes, does anyone know a travelagency who can arrange this for us.
      Warm regards,
      Han & Monique

2 Answers Sep 16, 2015 at 1:45 AM
    • Fushoushan

Taiwan Aug 3, 2015 at 10:24 PM

When is the best time to view a carpet of violet cosmos?

2 Answers Sep 28, 2015 at 1:29 AM
    • Skeena63's Profile Photo

Chinese New Year

Taiwan Jul 19, 2015 at 8:53 AM

We are going back to beautiful Taiwan again! This time we are going to be in Taipei for the Chinese New Year ( February 2016)
      Any suggestions to what might be fun to see or do? We will be getting around using the MRT so any activities near any of the stations would be fantastic.

4 Answers Dec 26, 2015 at 7:42 AM
    • Transportation tips!

Taiwan Jul 19, 2015 at 8:24 AM

I am flying into Kaohsiung, but want to visit Taipei part of my week long trip. Best way would be via train? And is it better to purchase a train ticket online prior to arrival, or would it be fine to get it at the station the day off? I ask because I am not sure what day/time I will try to go to Taipei.

Also, if there are any suggestions for tourist activities in Kaohsiung and Taipei, I would greatly appreciate it! It is my first time traveling to Taiwan and I am open to seeing/doing many things in both places! TIA! :)

2 Answers Jul 19, 2015 at 4:25 PM