VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Tacoma Travel Answers

change location
exSlacker's Profile Photo

Any Interest in a Tacoma VT Members' Gathering?

by exSlacker Online Now Aug 21, 2007 at 9:31 AM

My name is Tim Duggan...and my wife Amy, daughter Calynn (10 mos.) and I are new to Tacoma...we just moved here a couple of months ago from Austin, TX and are living near PLU/Proctor. I'm VERY excited about being here in the Pacific Northwest.

I grew up in Indiana near Chicago and then went to school and lived in Nashville for 14 years. However, Amy grew up in the Seattle area...so we have a lot of friends in the Seattle area. I'm also playing on a soccer team in Seattle...so I'm meeting even MORE people in Seattle. I'm loving Tacoma and our neighborhood, but I don't really know many people here.

Due to a scheduling conflict, I missed a big VT gathering in Austin and I was SO bummed. I'm always up for meeting a big group of diverse, open-minded travelers! I was thinking that having a VT gathering here in Tacoma would be lots of fun AND a great way for me to meet interesting people here in my new home. I'm hoping to gauge interest here. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • davidmg's Profile Photo

Re: Any Interest in a Tacoma VT Members' Gathering?

by davidmg Online Now Aug 21, 2007 at 10:29 AM

Welcome to the Pacific Northwest! I am in the Seattle area. If you do plan something, please post the date and I'll see if I can make it.

Thanks.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • joiwatani's Profile Photo

by joiwatani Online Now Aug 21, 2007 at 10:50 AM

Count me in! Just email me the time and the place...

• exSlacker's Profile Photo

by exSlacker Online Now Aug 21, 2007 at 11:38 AM

I'm glad to see 2 quick responses....I'm going to leave this up for a while and see how many more replies we get before acting.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines