Switzerland

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Comments/feedback on my 2 days Appenzell area trip

Switzerland Nov 7, 2016 at 4:39 AM

Will be going to Switzerland for 10 days next year in Feb and basically we have planned everything except the last couple of days in Appenzell and would like to ask for your suggestion

At first, we were going to Ebenalp for the cable car, hike and the restaurant but now we will cancel it because even it is available to go the cablecar, its really no point going up since alot of things are closed such as the restaurant and the covered full of snow, so I guess we will come again during summer next time!

So therefore, we decided to go to Santis for a night + cable car. Then the next day Honhen Kasten for the cable car + revolving that turns 360 degrees restaurant. Here is the itinerary and please feel free to give me any comments or suggestion!

Day 8 - Zermatt to St. Mortiz (Glacier Express). Will arrive at 4:30pm, I dunno what excursion we should do, given it will get dark at around 6:30pm anyway. If you can give suggestion what we can do after our arrival to St. Mortiz would be appreciated!

Day 9 - 7am depart from St Mortiz train station. Arrive Säntis location (requires 5 1/2 hour travel by train/bus). Check-in @ the Santis Hotel around 12:30pm. Then go for cable car (which is basically just next to the hotel), enjoy the mountain nearby, do snowshoeing and fun activities for the rest of the day. Dinner at the hotel/enjoy facility at hotel (walking in the snow outside, spa in the hotel etc)

Day 10 - Checkout hotel in morning. Head to Honher Kasten for cable car + for lunch @ the revolving 360 degree restaurant. After that, stay around for 1 hour or so. Around late afternoon, go to Appenzell town and walk for couple of hours till dark & shop closed till 6:30pm. Then head back to Zurich at night before taking the flight back in the next day!

Let me know what you think and its doable!

Thank you in advance!

more
    • Zurich area getaway

Zürich Dec 3, 2016 at 1:13 PM

Hi Everyone

My husband and I will this year spend Christmas in Zurich. After Christmas we would like to spend 2-3 days near Zurich enjoying the beautiful Swiss nature, before departing from Zurich airport on December 29.

We are looking for something in the mountain where we can enjoy the picturesque landscape and the snow. We don't ski but we would like to be able to go for some walks and enjoy the nature.
      We are therefore looking for some advise of which areas we should look for and might even a hotel recommendation?
      We would prefer a nice small hotel in the nature, maybe even with a spa where we can relax.
      Our budget is somewhere around CHF 150-300 per night.

/Janet

more
    • Zurich on Christmas Eve

Zürich Nov 28, 2016 at 8:04 AM

Hi, just posted this in the Lucerne forum, but since we are spending Christmas Eve in Zurich I thought it should be posted in Zurich's forum. Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

I am a mom traveling with my three kids, ages 17, 19 and 20. The plan is to take a train from Munich on Wednesday, December 21, arriving in Lucerne at 6 pm. We have a tentative hotel reservation at Hotels Des Alps, but can still cancel with no penalty if anyone had a better suggestion.
      I am slightly overwhelmed at the various options of things to do, and really want this to be an unforgettable experience for the kids. I keep looking at various tours from Viator and other companies to Mt Titlus and Mt Pilatus, but it is still not clear to me which of those two would be more enjoyable for my teen/adult kids.
      We need to end up in Zurich and spend the night there on the night of December 24, Christmas Eve, so that I can take a 7am flight out of Zurich to Barcelona on Christmas morning.

So here are my questions:
      1. Is Hotel Des Alpes in Lucerne a decent hotel in a good location to use as a base for a two days?
      Just thinking one day trip to either Mt. Titlus or Mt. Pilatus, and the other day spent exploring old town in Lucerne.
      Would love suggestions for a restaurant in Lucerne for a nice dinner.

2. What trip from Lucerne would be a better experience, Mt Pilatus or Mt Titlus?
      Should we book a tour with a company or just figure out how to get there on our own? We would do this on either Thursday 12/22 or Friday 12/23 so I am assuming the restaurants and other attractions at the top would not be closed.

3. On the morning of Christmas Eve we will take a train from Lucerne to Zurich. So with just one day in Zurich, can anyone suggest what area to stay in and what to do...as in is there a good guided tour of Zurich that would last a few hours, or are we better off just picking a nice hotel in a walkable area and exploring that on our own. Are most of the shops and restaurants closed on Christmas Eve? I would actually like to stay in a nice hotel since it is Christmas Eve, and would love restaurant suggestions for a very nice Christmas Eve dinner in Zurich. So I would love hotel and restaurant and things to do in one day, please.

I know this a lot to ask but it is getting close and I need help and need to get these thing booked.
      Thank you very much!

more
    • Lucerne and Zurich from December 21 to 25

Lucerne Nov 28, 2016 at 8:00 AM

I am a mom traveling with my three kids, ages 17, 19 and 20. The plan is to take a train from Munich on Wednesday, December 21, arriving in Lucerne at 6 pm. We have a tentative hotel reservation at Hotels Des Alps, but can still cancel with no penalty if anyone had a better suggestion.
      I am slightly overwhelmed at the various options of things to do, and really want this to be an unforgettable experience for the kids. I keep looking at various tours from Viator and other companies to Mt Titlus and Mt Pilatus, but it is still not clear to me which of those two would be more enjoyable for my teen/adult kids.
      We need to end up in Zurich and spend the night there on the night of December 24, Christmas Eve, so that I can take a 7am flight out of Zurich to Barcelona on Christmas morning.

1. Is Hotel Des Alpes in Lucerne a decent hotel in a good location to use as a base for a two days?
      Just thinking one day trip to either Mt. Titlus or Mt. Pilatus, and the other day spent exploring old town in Lucerne.

2. What trip from Lucerne would be a better experience, Mt Pilatus or Mt Titlus?
      Should we book a tour with a company or just figure out how to get there on our own? We would do this on either Thursday 12/22 or Friday 12/23 so I am assuming the restaurants and other attractions at the top would not be closed.

3. On the morning of Christmas Eve we will take a train from Lucerne to Zurich. So with just one day in Zurich, can anyone suggest what area to stay in and what to do...as in is there a good guided tour of Zurich that would last a few hours, or are we better off just picking a nice hotel in a walkable area and exploring that on our own. Are most of the shops and restaurants closed on Christmas Eve? I would actually like to stay in a nice hotel since it is Christmas Eve, and would love restaurant suggestions for a very nice Christmas Eve dinner in Zurich. So I would love hotel and restaurant and things to do in one day, please.

I know this a lot to ask but it is getting close and I need help and need to get these thing booked.
      Thank you very much!

more
    • Christmas Eve Mass, Dinner, Hotel in Zurich

Zürich Yesterday

Thank you for those who had advice about Christmas Eve in Zurich.
      So just a few more questions...

1. I can't seem to find info online about a mass on Christmas Eve. We are Catholic and only speak English, but would be fine attending any denomination church service on Christmas Eve that is not in English. Perhaps some singing, or a midnight mass, I just need help finding any info.

2. We arrive at 11 am in Zurich, by train from Lucerne. Will be flying out of Zurich at 7 am on Christmas morning.
      I want Christmas Eve to feel like the most special day of our trip, and therefore this is not a budget day. So I have looked at many hotels, and have narrowed it down to
      Hotel St. Gotthard,
      Hotel Arlene Bein Hauptbahnhof,
      Hotel Bristol,
      Zurich Marriott and
      Dolder Grand.

Any input or suggestions about which to choose for one night would be appreciated.

3. I am wondering if all of the shops and restaurants on the shopping streets and old town will be closed since Christmas Eve is a day for families to be together at home?

4. What restaurant would have a very nice dinner on Christmas Eve?

With just one short day in Zurich, and trying to fit in a nice dinner and mass, and a little walking around town shopping, I am having a very hard time narrowing down where to stay and to have dinner on Christmas Eve.

Thank you for suggestions in advance!

more
    • things to do

Lucerne Yesterday

Can anyone give me a travel trip like what things to do in Luzern?

- Recommend restaurants

- Nice budget hotel

- Etc.

more
    • Hwy12HighValley's Profile Photo

Train to Zermatt

Geneva Nov 26, 2016 at 9:11 AM

I am taking the train from the Geneva to Zermatt. The Switzerland train website indicates that luggage needs to be dropped off at the Geneva, Switzerland train station the night before. Am I reading that correctly?

more
    • Contact a souvenir shop

Zermatt Nov 11, 2016 at 9:56 AM

How can I get in touch with Hanny's Boutique? I am trying to buy a silver matterhorn charm.

more
    • Things to do Interlaken and Lucerne

Switzerland Nov 6, 2016 at 10:58 AM

Planning to visit interlaken and lucerne from nov 18 to nov 25 with my 2 year old daughter and wife.Please suggest me with good itenary.

more
    • Day trip from Thun to Zermatt

Zermatt Nov 6, 2016 at 11:00 AM

Hi Weather appears okay for a day trip tomorrow Monday 7th nov to Zermatt. We are from Australia and can someone please advise how best we can utilise our day. We are intending to have an early train from Thun.
      Thanks IJ

more
    • Christmas Eve Mass, Dinner, Hotel in Zurich

Zürich Yesterday

Thank you for those who had advice about Christmas Eve in Zurich.
      So just a few more questions...

1. I can't seem to find info online about a mass on Christmas Eve. We are Catholic and only speak English, but would be fine attending any denomination church service on Christmas Eve that is not in English. Perhaps some singing, or a midnight mass, I just need help finding any info.

2. We arrive at 11 am in Zurich, by train from Lucerne. Will be flying out of Zurich at 7 am on Christmas morning.
      I want Christmas Eve to feel like the most special day of our trip, and therefore this is not a budget day. So I have looked at many hotels, and have narrowed it down to
      Hotel St. Gotthard,
      Hotel Arlene Bein Hauptbahnhof,
      Hotel Bristol,
      Zurich Marriott and
      Dolder Grand.

Any input or suggestions about which to choose for one night would be appreciated.

3. I am wondering if all of the shops and restaurants on the shopping streets and old town will be closed since Christmas Eve is a day for families to be together at home?

4. What restaurant would have a very nice dinner on Christmas Eve?

With just one short day in Zurich, and trying to fit in a nice dinner and mass, and a little walking around town shopping, I am having a very hard time narrowing down where to stay and to have dinner on Christmas Eve.

Thank you for suggestions in advance!

3 Answers 15 hours ago
    • things to do

Lucerne Yesterday

Can anyone give me a travel trip like what things to do in Luzern?

- Recommend restaurants

- Nice budget hotel

- Etc.

3 Answers Yesterday
    • Zurich area getaway

Zürich Dec 3, 2016 at 1:13 PM

Hi Everyone

My husband and I will this year spend Christmas in Zurich. After Christmas we would like to spend 2-3 days near Zurich enjoying the beautiful Swiss nature, before departing from Zurich airport on December 29.

We are looking for something in the mountain where we can enjoy the picturesque landscape and the snow. We don't ski but we would like to be able to go for some walks and enjoy the nature.
      We are therefore looking for some advise of which areas we should look for and might even a hotel recommendation?
      We would prefer a nice small hotel in the nature, maybe even with a spa where we can relax.
      Our budget is somewhere around CHF 150-300 per night.

/Janet

2 Answers Dec 3, 2016 at 9:23 PM
    • Zurich on Christmas Eve

Zürich Nov 28, 2016 at 8:04 AM

Hi, just posted this in the Lucerne forum, but since we are spending Christmas Eve in Zurich I thought it should be posted in Zurich's forum. Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

Thank you very much!

2 Answers Nov 28, 2016 at 3:01 PM
    • Lucerne and Zurich from December 21 to 25

Lucerne Nov 28, 2016 at 8:00 AM

Thank you very much!

2 Answers Nov 28, 2016 at 8:17 PM
    • Hwy12HighValley's Profile Photo

Train to Zermatt

Geneva Nov 26, 2016 at 9:11 AM

I am taking the train from the Geneva to Zermatt. The Switzerland train website indicates that luggage needs to be dropped off at the Geneva, Switzerland train station the night before. Am I reading that correctly?

3 Answers Nov 26, 2016 at 7:18 PM
    • Contact a souvenir shop

Zermatt Nov 11, 2016 at 9:56 AM

How can I get in touch with Hanny's Boutique? I am trying to buy a silver matterhorn charm.

2 Answers Nov 13, 2016 at 5:47 AM
    • Comments/feedback on my 2 days Appenzell area trip

Switzerland Nov 7, 2016 at 4:39 AM

Will be going to Switzerland for 10 days next year in Feb and basically we have planned everything except the last couple of days in Appenzell and would like to ask for your suggestion

At first, we were going to Ebenalp for the cable car, hike and the restaurant but now we will cancel it because even it is available to go the cablecar, its really no point going up since alot of things are closed such as the restaurant and the covered full of snow, so I guess we will come again during summer next time!

So therefore, we decided to go to Santis for a night + cable car. Then the next day Honhen Kasten for the cable car + revolving that turns 360 degrees restaurant. Here is the itinerary and please feel free to give me any comments or suggestion!

Day 8 - Zermatt to St. Mortiz (Glacier Express). Will arrive at 4:30pm, I dunno what excursion we should do, given it will get dark at around 6:30pm anyway. If you can give suggestion what we can do after our arrival to St. Mortiz would be appreciated!

Day 9 - 7am depart from St Mortiz train station. Arrive Säntis location (requires 5 1/2 hour travel by train/bus). Check-in @ the Santis Hotel around 12:30pm. Then go for cable car (which is basically just next to the hotel), enjoy the mountain nearby, do snowshoeing and fun activities for the rest of the day. Dinner at the hotel/enjoy facility at hotel (walking in the snow outside, spa in the hotel etc)

Day 10 - Checkout hotel in morning. Head to Honher Kasten for cable car + for lunch @ the revolving 360 degree restaurant. After that, stay around for 1 hour or so. Around late afternoon, go to Appenzell town and walk for couple of hours till dark & shop closed till 6:30pm. Then head back to Zurich at night before taking the flight back in the next day!

Let me know what you think and its doable!

Thank you in advance!

• Day trip from Thun to Zermatt

Zermatt Nov 6, 2016 at 11:00 AM

Hi Weather appears okay for a day trip tomorrow Monday 7th nov to Zermatt. We are from Australia and can someone please advise how best we can utilise our day. We are intending to have an early train from Thun.
      Thanks IJ

10 Answers Nov 11, 2016 at 5:15 AM
    • Things to do Interlaken and Lucerne

Switzerland Nov 6, 2016 at 10:58 AM

Planning to visit interlaken and lucerne from nov 18 to nov 25 with my 2 year old daughter and wife.Please suggest me with good itenary.

3 Answers Nov 7, 2016 at 12:06 AM
    • Day trips from Thun

Thun Nov 4, 2016 at 3:02 AM

We are Australian and have a four day swiss pass left to use and a half price swiss pass. We are staying in

Thun for three weeks and are keen for suggestions of day trips that would give best value using the
      swiss pass and other trips for using the half price pass.

We have so far been to Jungrau and cruised Thun Lake and seen the light show at the Bern Parliament.
      Thanks Ian

3 Answers Nov 7, 2016 at 12:05 AM
    • St Moritz train travel and accomodation

Switzerland Oct 25, 2016 at 3:49 AM

We are a couple of Australians who will be in Salzburg for two days and have booked a rail ticket for the 28th Oct that is not refundable to Thun via Munich, Zurich and Bern for Euro138 for both of us (1st class).
      It has now been suggested to us that we travel from Salzburg to St Moritz via Landeck and overnight in St Moritz and the next day travel to Thun via Andermatt.
      We were wondering if the suggestion should be considered and we waste the existing ticket. I tried to look at fares from Salzburg on 28th October to St Moritz on the sbb website but it was saying it was too close to travel date to quote price?
      We have lots of time to stay in Thun so don't know if St Moritz is something worth seeing from Thun later during our stay.
      If the St Moritz overnight trip is best done on the way to Thun any suggestions of hotels in St Moritz that are close to station.
      Any suggestions or help with trips from Thun as day or overnight would be appreciated.

2 Answers Oct 25, 2016 at 6:16 AM
    • alstjohn's Profile Photo

Train between Zurich and Berne

Switzerland Oct 22, 2016 at 1:50 PM

I am arriving on a flight at 8 pm on a tuesday in Zurich (next month). How long will it take me to me to get to
      Berne from the Airport should i decide to head for Berne that night? i have swiss rail travel pass.
      thank you for any help.

1 Answer Oct 22, 2016 at 2:19 PM
    • Mt Titlis Maintenance

Lucerne Oct 18, 2016 at 8:21 PM

May i know the maintenance period for 2016?

2 Answers Oct 18, 2016 at 9:57 PM
    • MarijaStojicevic's Profile Photo

Chaplin's world

Vevey Oct 8, 2016 at 5:33 PM

Has anyone been yet at the Museum Chaplin's world and at his house Manoir de Ban? Because I want to go there and I need an advice how to get it, where to stay (2 nights perhaps and no so much expansive hotel for me and my family), then how it looks like and the other advices as travel guide

4 Answers Oct 9, 2016 at 4:45 AM
    • alstjohn's Profile Photo

use Zurich or Bern as base city to explore?

Zürich Oct 2, 2016 at 10:35 AM

Visiting switzerland for first time. Would really like to see Lucern, Interlaken area and Bern /Zurich?  will be in the country for 5 days before flying out of Zurich to  visit Sevilla. thanks

12 Answers Oct 18, 2016 at 3:58 AM
    • Rail pass Vilshofen to Vienna to Salbzurg to Thun and day trips from Thun

Switzerland Sep 10, 2016 at 5:21 PM

Is there a rail pass that would be available for the above journeys

1 Answer Sep 11, 2016 at 4:30 AM
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

What is the guess on the cost of a taxi from the airport to Schaffhausen.

Zürich Sep 10, 2016 at 6:06 AM

What is the guess on the cost of a taxi from the airport to Schaffhausen and how long would it take? Normally I would take the train (I think it is the S Bahn) but there are time considerations. Thanks a lot, Chuck

4 Answers Oct 21, 2016 at 3:16 AM
    • dragonflylt's Profile Photo

Train Travel - 1 night at St Morritz

Switzerland Aug 29, 2016 at 2:09 PM

Dear Travelers, I am looking for recommendations on hotels near St Morritz train station, we are taking the glacier express and need to overnight at St Morritz..I am looking at around 150.00 for the night, Thank you for your feedback

1 Answer Aug 29, 2016 at 3:15 PM
    • public transportation in Geneva to Versoix

Geneva Aug 29, 2016 at 7:58 AM

I will be in Geneva for a week , My office is located at Versoix. Whether the Transport Card provided by my hotel can be used for train travel from gare de cornavin to versoix

2 Answers Aug 29, 2016 at 9:58 AM
    • Packing for Switzerland

Switzerland Aug 28, 2016 at 9:10 AM

Hi
      We are a couple travelling to Switzerland in the last week of September.We are from India. I am confused about what type of clothing I should pack. What type of outerwear is suggested to wear while visiting Mt.titlis and Jungfraujoch

6 Answers Aug 29, 2016 at 3:06 AM
    • visiting switzerland

Switzerland Aug 28, 2016 at 2:52 AM

Hi,
      we (me & my wife) want to visit Switzerland from 15th September till 24th September, we would be traveling from Holland.we would be traveling by our own car
      I want to know everything from accommodation to site seeing, and to do things, as i have heard everything is expensive there, also from where to convert the currency.
      regards.

11 Answers Aug 28, 2016 at 3:18 PM
    • SWISS PASS

Switzerland Aug 24, 2016 at 12:38 AM

Hello!
      I need a help from you about SWISS PASS for 15 days
      Why it's different prices?
      swiss-pass.ch/swiss-pass/?gc...

swissholidayco.com/excursion...

Kind regards

3 Answers Aug 25, 2016 at 8:45 AM
    • Pass for family, visiting BO for 6 days

Switzerland Aug 21, 2016 at 9:37 AM

Hello. If someone knowledgeable can review and advice on the right travel pass for the destinations below, it will be of great help. In addition I have a couple more questions listed below. Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

Family configuration: husband, wife, 2 children (12-15 years old) and 1 youth 18 years old.
      Duration: Aug 26- Sep 1

Below are the destinations and modes of transpo:
      1. Train from Zurich airport to Bern (one-way)
      2. Lauterbrunnen. to Wengen (train) ;
      3. Wengen to Kl Scheidegg (train) ;
      4. Grindelwald Grund – Maennlichen (Gondola) ;
      5. Maennlichen to Wengen (cable car)
      6. Train from Lauterbrunnen station to Interlaken Ost for Brienz;
      7. Train from Interlaken Ost to Brienz.
      8. Steam train from Brienz station to Rothorn (return journey)
      9. Train from Lauterbrunnen to Grindelwald ;
      10. First gondola to the First ski resort;
      11. Ride the “First Flieger”
      12. Train from Lauterbrunnen to Bern and back
      13. Brunig Panoramic Expressway between Interlaken and Lucerne (one way)
      14. Train from Lucerne to Zurich (one way)

QUESTIONS:
      1. Is REGIONAL BO PASS , the most economical option, or you would advice HALF-FARE PASS ?
      2. With REGIONAL BO PASS or HALF-FARE PASS, do I have to buy STP ?
      3. For 12-16 years old, do I have to buy JUNIOR TRAVEL CARD or SWISS FAMILY CARD? And do I pay any sum towards that purchase?
      4. For 18 year old, do I buy Swiss Youth Pass, or just the REGIONAL BO PASS?

Kind regards

5 Answers Aug 29, 2016 at 5:50 AM
    • petelegg's Profile Photo

Travel from Zurich to Zermatt

Zermatt Jul 29, 2016 at 12:58 PM

Hi, Can you help please. I have booked an apartment in Zermatt at end of April for my wifes 60th birthday and our wedding anniversary. We have never been to Switzerland before so some things I'm not sure of.
      I've not booked the flights yet but thought we would go to Zurich as apparantely there is a very scenic railway journey from there.
      Q1 Is the railway station near the airport? Q2 How often do they run? Q3 What as a couple can we expect to pay for a return ticket? Q4 Does it go direct to Zermatt or do we have to change? Q5 Do we buy this ticket in advance or can we just pay at the station? Q6 Looking at the map our apartment is 500 yards approx from the station in Zermatt. Do we walk from there and if so how will we find our apartment? staying at the Haus Roc.

Sorry about all the questions and sorry if some sound stupid but just a little nervous that something might go wrong.

Many thanks (-:

9 Answers Aug 1, 2016 at 7:32 AM
    • Paris to Interlaken - Train arriving at 12 am midnight.

Interlaken Jul 28, 2016 at 2:34 PM

Hi - My wife and myself , we are arriving in Interlaken from Paris .. Train arrives in Interlaken OST . Wondering if it is safe to walk to a near by hotel /stay at midnight ..

If so , any places one could suggest . My travel would be in 2nd weekend of August.

We just need a place to stay overnight and wouldn't want to splurge on any luxury .. Cause we would be packing in the morning , travel around and catch a evening train to lucerne.

In one day , any places one could suggest to see ? I heard the ride to Gimmewald is amazing .

8 Answers Aug 17, 2016 at 12:51 AM
    • Oldies' / sixties music for dancing - club

Lausanne Jul 23, 2016 at 7:17 PM

Hello,

Is there any place around which you can dance with music of the sixties / oldies?

thanks,

Avi

• Car Rental vs Public Transportation

Switzerland Jul 21, 2016 at 5:17 AM

Greetings

Is renting car for 6-7 days more economical than public transpo, taking into account we are a family of 5, and will start our trip from Zurich airport and go straight to Bern, followed by Interlaken, Lucerne and back in Zurich (to catch the flight out)?

If renting car is advisable, what is a good choice (value for money)?

Thanks

4 Answers Jul 22, 2016 at 4:13 AM
    • Planning Interlaken

Switzerland Jul 21, 2016 at 5:10 AM

Greetings . We are family of 5 (3 teen age children and 2 adults), looking to visit Switzerland.

I have set aside 4.5 days inclusive of checkin and checkout. Is it more then sufficient or just enough for the following plan?

PLAN:

1. Up and down to the Brienzer Rothorn by steam train (is this a day long trip, and what is the associated cost?)
      2. Take cabin ride from Grindelwald to Mannlichen and walk to Kleine Scheideck (is this a day long trip, and what is the associated cost?)
      3. Murren-Allmendhubel cableway. Depart from Northwestern edge of Murren. At the destination enjoy the panoramic view of lauterbrunnen.
      4. Wengen: Trummelbach Falls.
      5. Baregg-stieregg walk: highly recommended. 1 hour walk but set aside 1 day

a. How doable is this plan?
      b. Anything worthy missing?
      c. Do you suggest to take something out, if it's less attractive or similar to an existing attraction?
      d. What costs should we factor in for the above suggestions?
      e. For each listed attraction, is it a day long activity or less?

Thanks

3 Answers Jul 24, 2016 at 9:18 PM
    • Planning BERN

Bern Jul 21, 2016 at 4:31 AM

Greetings . We are family of 5 (3 teen age children and 2 adults), looking to visit Switzerland. Pressed on time, do you think one a half day is sufficient to see the highlights of Bern? We have the following plan in place. 1. How doable is this plan? 2. Anything worthy missing? 3. Do you suggest to take something out? 4.Should we factor in any cost for the below suggestions? PLAN: Most scenic WALKS: a. along the banks of the Aare through the English gardens b. Popular Streets: Spitalgasse, Marktgasse, Kramgasse, Gerechtikkeitsgasse c. Major Square: Theatreplatz, Kornhausplatz, Ogre Fountain , Rathausplatz d. Major Bridge: Kirchenfeldbrucke, Kornhausbrucke, Lorainebrucke e. Most panoramic attraction atop Mount Gurten. f. Most obvious place to start walk: from Bahnhofplatz, down the Spitalgasse, under the prison tower, into the Marketgasse, and then on by way of the clock tower and the Kramgasse. From the end of the street, by the Nydeggbrucke (bridge, which gives a really good view down on to the roofs of the old town) either go over the bridge to the bear pit, or turn back through the Junkerngasse, turn let and come back via Rathausgasse. g. Rosengarten

1 Answer Jul 21, 2016 at 5:33 AM