VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Supai

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Arizona/Utha in Fall

Arizona Jan 29, 2017 at 9:49 AM

Hi :)

I need some advice for travel. I want to go to Las Vegas this fall and then drive by car to Grand Canyon and etc.
      My plan looks like this:

First Day - Pick up the Car, drive to Hoover Dam and then to Tusayan

Second Day - Visit Grand Canyon. We are not really "hiking people", so everything that takes more thatn 2hrs round trip is probably to much.But as i seen on then internet, most places are pretty accesible by car or shuttle.

Third Day - Drive to Page, visit the Slot Canyons arount 11 AM (tours start then). and visit Horseshoe Bend in the afternoon

Fourth Day - Drive from Page to Bryce Canyon (about 3hrs). Anything nice to see on the way there?

Fifth Day - Visit Bryce Canyon

Sixt Day - Drive to Springdale for Zion NP (about 2hrs). Anything nice to see on the way there?

Seventh Day - Zion NP (visit The Narrows)
      Eight Day - Zion NP - What should we do too?
      Ninnth Day - Spend morning in Zion then drive back to Vegas, Anything nice to see on the way there?

What do you think, is it a good plan? Should we spend less/more at a specific place? We have read that roads in this area are usually straight and not crowded, so driving shouln't be a hussle.

Any help is appreciated

more
    • TerriD0718's Profile Photo

The edge and dangers

by TerriD0718 Online Now Jun 11, 2013 at 8:50 AM

My daughter and her friend are wanting to hike to Supai. They are novice hikers, but do quite a bit of jogging. What is the best way they can train for this hike. and How dangerous is this? They do not want to hire a guide. How long does the hike take? and What is a switchback? It seems there is a cliff along the edge? (is that BOTH edges?) and how deep is the ravine there? Is October too cool at night? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

5 Answers Jun 12, 2013 at 12:56 PM
    • Bring a wagon?

by chasebadkids Online Now Mar 19, 2007 at 2:13 PM

Hey fellow hikers, Ive been two supai twice now both times hiking / backapcking in the whole way, this year I was planing on trying to be the first out of my church to ever bring a wagon down there instead of a backpack, does anyone who's familiar with the trail think that this is possible, why or why not? what considerations do I need to make sure of. Thanks for oyur time

2 Answers Mar 7, 2008 at 9:06 AM