change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 5 Day Photography Road Trip from Vegas to Denver

Arizona Sep 23, 2016 at 8:23 PM

Dear Friends,
      Needed some suggestions on a "quick" 5 day “Photography” road trip from Vegas to Denver during the Nov Thanksgiving weekend. 3 of us will be reaching Las Vegas on Tue night around 11 PM and have a return flight from Denver on Sun evening at around 8 PM.

I have listed down some key places which I would like to visit, all open to change though (in the order from Vegas to Denver)

• Death Valley
      • Coral Pink Sand Dunes Park
      • Paria Canyon
      • Horseshoe Bend
      • Monument Valley
      • Shiprock, NM
      • Arches National Park
      • Aspen (Maroon Bells)

My primary interest is Photography (Nature, Wildlife, Sunrise/Sunsets, Star trails, Milky Way etc). Please let me know the most scenic routes to take from Vegas to Denver and what places/parks can I cover for Day and Night Photography.

Note: I have been to Zion, Bryce, Lake Powell, Antelope Canyon earlier, so not too keen to see them again, but wouldn’t mind including them if it takes me through a really awesome scenic byway or dark night skies. Also, I don’t mind hectic driving schedules if that helps me get good shots. I do understand looking at my plan that it involves almost 250 miles of driving every day.

• Phoenix nightlife

Phoenix Oct 12, 2016 at 6:27 AM

Hi everyone, I'm looking for somewhere that has a really good nightlife that isn't mainstream e.g. (Las Vegas, Miami etc). Does Phoenix have a good nightlife?
      Many thanks

• TerriD0718's Profile Photo

The edge and dangers

by TerriD0718 Online Now Jun 11, 2013 at 8:50 AM

My daughter and her friend are wanting to hike to Supai. They are novice hikers, but do quite a bit of jogging. What is the best way they can train for this hike. and How dangerous is this? They do not want to hire a guide. How long does the hike take? and What is a switchback? It seems there is a cliff along the edge? (is that BOTH edges?) and how deep is the ravine there? Is October too cool at night? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

5 Answers Jun 12, 2013 at 12:56 PM
    • Bring a wagon?

by chasebadkids Online Now Mar 19, 2007 at 2:13 PM

Hey fellow hikers, Ive been two supai twice now both times hiking / backapcking in the whole way, this year I was planing on trying to be the first out of my church to ever bring a wagon down there instead of a backpack, does anyone who's familiar with the trail think that this is possible, why or why not? what considerations do I need to make sure of. Thanks for oyur time

2 Answers Mar 7, 2008 at 9:06 AM