VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Sunken Meadow State Park

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• bardenny's Profile Photo

April trip - Tips /Advice

Brooklyn Jan 25, 2017 at 3:00 PM

Just looking for any tips/advice on my forthcoming trip to NY. Am staying in Brooklyn as want to be near the Barclay Centre and staying in the Best Western Plus Prospect Park Hotel (unless anyone can recommend somewhere else) . will be there at the beginning of April, dont have a high budget so looking for bargains (arent we all). Things like best way to get around, to get from Brooklyn to NYC, restaurants/cafes to visit, only there 5 nights so want to try and do as much as possible. Also why is the site closing down?

more
    • Dymphna1's Profile Photo

subway access

New York City Feb 3, 2017 at 7:55 AM

Is it easier to catch the subway from John F Kennedy or LGA? thanks (typed out JFK for enough words to get it in the system.

more
    • grave stones on hiking trail

by jazzman77 Online Now Dec 22, 2010 at 3:14 PM

hi all

my son and his friend were hiking the other day at sunken meadow when they came upon a beautiful grave stone with edward a washburn born 1819, what is it doing on this trail, did they own part of this area or something, we would like to know any info that anybody could give us, since we are indeed very interested in why they are where they are on the trail he took a picture maybe he can try to upload it if needed or just for anyone else to see, since its pretty cool when your not expecting to see something like this when your hiking on this trail

thanks justjazz77

2 Answers Apr 10, 2011 at 12:08 PM
    • Barbeque Pits

by DavidLindsay Online Now Jul 25, 2008 at 10:01 AM

Hi,

I plan to visit Sunken Meadow Park in the very near future. My family and i plan to bring food items there to barbrque. We are a bit apprehensive because we don't know if they we have barbeque pits/ grills available. Anyone know for sure? If so, are they reasonably dispered around the picnic area?

1 Answer Jul 26, 2008 at 6:14 AM