change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Vegetarian Food options & Logistics

Krabi Nov 11, 2016 at 1:40 AM

Hi All,

I am visiting krabi for the first time with my wife in December. I had a few questions regarding food and local travel.We will be staying at a hotel at tubkaek.

1) Bus, Taxi options which would be more convenient from tubakaek to ao nang/krabi town. We would also like to know if bus/taxi for return journey from ao nang to tubkaek would be available even late at night?

2) Can I hire scooter for local travel and would i need an international drivers license for the same(traveling from India)

3) Vegetarian food options in krabi town and ao nang including street food.

4) Apart from 4 island tour and railay beach any other must visit places?

Cheers!!

more
    • Package Transfer Phuket Airport +Ferry Phi Phi + Transfer to Karon

Phuket Nov 23, 2016 at 4:11 AM

We will arrive at Phuket Airport at 8:10 a.m. We will need a transfer to go from the airport to Rassada Pier + ferry tickets to Phi Phi tound trip + transfer the following day from Rassada Pier to Karon.
      We have seen the prices at http://www.phuketferry.com/ but it can be risky to take them on-line in advance because if the flight is delayed.... so is it easy to find any agency at the airport to contract this package? and it can be more expensive taking everything at the airport or is better buying the tickets separately? What would you recommend us?
      Thanks.

more
    • In need of Trainers

Ko Tao Nov 18, 2016 at 10:55 PM

If anyone knows where I can buy some trainers I would love to hear where.
      Thanks

more
    • Snorkeling

Thailand Nov 8, 2016 at 10:09 AM

Hi im staying at the Regent Beach hotel Cha am in january and love snorkeling but have read the water is very murky there and the only good snorkeling is to take a trip to one of the islands 3 hours away is there no where nearer as i don't one to take trips every other day thanks.

more
    • What can i do to make Turkish airline to refund my unused tickets

Thailand Nov 14, 2016 at 11:02 PM

Is there anybody who had issues with the Turkish airline and their services?
      On the 5th of August. I and my wife purchased Turkish airline flight tickets via Expedia to travel from Bangkok to Istanbul and then to Tel Aviv to return on the 15th of August from Tel Aviv to Istanbul then Bangkok
      We missed the first flight from Bangkok to Istanbul and I received a message from Expedia that Turkish airline canceled all of my 8 tickets, including tickets for the 15th of August.
      Then I and my wife purchased a new ticket on the Turkish airline website on the 6th of August to the same destination (Bangkok to Istanbul and then to Tel Aviv) in order to return on the 15th of August from Tel Aviv to Istanbul and then to Bangkok, with a total of 8 tickets.
      We used the tickets to fly from Bangkok to Istanbul but personal urgent circumstances forced on us in Istanbul airport to buy returning tickets from Istanbul to Bangkok.
      So we used only 2 tickets this time, we didn't use the remaining 6 tickets, out of the 16 tickets purchased from Turkish airline I only used two.
      to Turkish airline to refund my unused tickets. The First time I received an unintelligible reply and the second time, which is one month I wrote ago, I sent Turkish airline another message but until now I didn't receive any message.
      I wrote also to Expedia,you notice it,but this is the next story....
      So how do you think I can resolve this issue?... Any advice?

more
    • Where is this market place?

Bangkok Nov 6, 2016 at 2:51 AM

I am looking for the location of a food market in or near Bangkok that is set up on a railway track & when the train comes the vendors just move their wares out of the way while it passes.
      Thankyou.

more
    • superpug's Profile Photo

Help with Bangkok itinerary

Thailand Nov 21, 2016 at 3:04 AM

I'm travelling to Thailand in March and have a bit of spare time in Bangkok. I'm already planning a day trip to Ayutthaya, is there a similar trip that can be done in a day? Would it be worth flying to Chiang Mai just for two nights? Any advice would be really appreciated!

more
    • One or two days in Sukhothai? (Thailand trip March 19th to April 3)

by gurmsingh Online Now Mar 13, 2016 at 7:59 AM

Hello. Have received such good advice from here. My trip is getting closer. Briefly, repeating my trip plan. I arrive on Mar 19 in BKK. Checking out of BKK on 23. Had plans to stay one day in Sukhothai before heading to Chiang Mai. In Chiang Mai from 24th and checking out on 29th. After this I had plans to do couple of days at beach and one day in BKK before flying back.

Is one day enough in Sukhothai? Basically part of the day on 23 and part on 24th. Or should I adjust and take one day out of Chiang Mai as I have allocated 5 days in CM.

As always, any other recommendations on adjustments to my plan would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks to everyone in advance!

Gurm

12 Answers Mar 14, 2016 at 10:15 AM
    • Direct bus from Sukhothai to Ayutthaya

by BoonB Online Now Jun 15, 2015 at 5:51 AM

Is there any direct bus from Sukhothai to Ayutthaya?

1 Answer Jun 15, 2015 at 12:29 PM
    • Hotel Suggestions?

by cl3150 Online Now Dec 6, 2008 at 5:29 AM

I will be in Sukhothai in late January, and would like to get suggestions for a nice, well-located hotel. Looking on the Internet, I have seen nice reviews for the Thanaburi Resort, the Ruean, and the Pailyn. However, I don't know if these are good places or not. I'd appreciate some feedback on these three plus any others that would be recommended.

Thanks.

• How to get from Sukhothai to Ayuthaya?

by OlegOleg Online Now Aug 5, 2008 at 6:10 AM

Hi!
      Need to get to Ayuthaya from Sukhothai. If it possible to get there on bus, or the only way is the train from Phitsanulok? Does anybody know buses timetable from Sukhothai or may be any link?
      Hope for your help......

2 Answers Aug 6, 2008 at 6:38 AM
    • TaniaBeard's Profile Photo

Sukhothai in a day?!?

by TaniaBeard Online Now Mar 31, 2008 at 11:49 PM

I was wondering if this itinerary sounds feasible in one day?

Bus from Chiang Mai to Sukhothai (what is the earliest bus time?)I understand the trip takes 3 hours?
      Tranfer to old city (from where, how & how long does it take?)
      Hire bicyle & ride around ruins
      Transfer back to Sukhothai (from where & how?)
      Transfer by bus to Phitsanulok (from where & how long will this take?)

We want to go from Sukhothai to Phitsanulok to catch the early morning train to Ayuthaya. Does the above sound like the best way or is there a better way to get from Sukhothai to Ayuthaya?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Tania

4 Answers Jan 15, 2010 at 9:01 AM
    • Ayutthaya-Sukhotay by bus?

by bpatti Online Now Jan 25, 2008 at 10:52 AM

Hi everybody

are there bus companies going from Ayutthaya to Sukhotay, any advice on names or schedules or fares?

Thanks

1 Answer Jan 25, 2008 at 6:41 PM
    • Bus departing Sukhothai to Chiang Mai?

by mell2008 Online Now Jan 2, 2008 at 3:31 PM

Hi - We are travelling to sukhothai in March 2008 and would like to go to ChaingMai after. Would anyone know are there buses leaving Sukhothai daily to chaing mai? How long? How much? do we need to book? Thank you

2 Answers Jan 2, 2008 at 6:56 PM
    • pecaspat's Profile Photo

Help with my Thailand itinerary!

by pecaspat Online Now Mar 29, 2007 at 1:49 PM

Well...again, I need help from everyone that can help me. I', being to be disparate because I can't decide my itinerary! I have 7 days to visit Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Ayuthaya and Sukhothai. For me is being pretty difficult organise the days and I don't know if maybe I should avoid one of the cities? For me is hard to decide not visit Ayuthaya, Sukhothai or Chiang Mai : (

Can anybody recommend me what to do?

I will really appreciate any help!

Thanks to all in advance!

4 Answers Dec 3, 2007 at 2:39 AM
    • amytoh's Profile Photo

Ratchathani Hotel

by amytoh Online Now Oct 13, 2006 at 6:28 PM

Anyone heard of this hotel? Is it ok to stay here? Said to be in the city centre and near to night market. Any other alternative suggestions - must be budget, ie. below 1000B, clean, with attached hot shower, near night market. TQ.

7 Answers Feb 1, 2007 at 6:57 AM
    • How Much Time to Cycle Sukhothai?

by Prachinburi Online Now Mar 27, 2006 at 10:38 AM

My girlfriend and I would like to visit Sukhothai Historical Park, but we're not sure how much time we should plan on spending there. We'd like to tour the park on bicycle at a leisurely pace. Is there enough to see that we could easily spend a full day doing this, or would it be better to plan on only half a day?

Also, I've seen conflicting information about the park's hours of operation. I've seen 0800-1600, and I've also seen 0600-1800. Anyone know which is correct?

Thanks!

4 Answers Dec 3, 2007 at 2:30 AM
    • Sukhothai with a 3 year old

by aliciareeve Online Now Mar 14, 2005 at 4:14 PM

WE will be visiting Sukathai in July 2005, I understand the best way to view the park is a hiring a bike. Can any one tell me if they have seen any hire bikes with seats for children?
      If not can any one suggest another way to get a good over view of the park in one day with a toddler. Would we see much by walking, with the wee one in her back pack.

2 Answers Apr 2, 2005 at 12:56 PM
    • i-s-a's Profile Photo

need some info for sukhothai

by i-s-a Online Now Feb 27, 2005 at 10:29 PM

Dear fellow VTers,

Just wonder how safe it is for a single female to travel to Sukhothai? I plan to take the night trip from Bangkok...which do you think is better train or bus? Is one whole day enough to see/appreciate the place? Could you please recommend a good guesthouse near the parks?

Lastly, if you think visiting Sukhothai for a day is not a good idea...please suggest a one day activity outside Bangkok for me to try. I've seen most of Bangkok, Ayutthaya and Chiangmai in the past.

Thanks a lot,
      Isa

5 Answers Feb 28, 2005 at 9:52 PM
    • Accomodation

by macaquinha Online Now Dec 22, 2004 at 7:33 AM

Are there many guesthouses over there?? And what are the prices? (looking for smth budged)

3 Answers Dec 23, 2004 at 6:15 AM
    • Sevsa's Profile Photo

From Vientiane to Sukhothai

by Sevsa Online Now Sep 9, 2004 at 8:39 AM

I'm coming from Vientiane, Laos going to Sukhothai, Thailand and I was wondering what the best way to do this by land. My guess is to take transport over the border to Nong Khai and then to take the train or bus to Khon Kaen. However I haven't been able to find any info about buses between Khon Kaen and Sukhothai. Anyone know about this or a better way to go between these two places? Thanks

4 Answers Sep 10, 2004 at 7:12 PM
    • drjlim's Profile Photo

How do I get there?

by drjlim Online Now Oct 30, 2002 at 11:40 PM

How do I get there from BKK? How many hours should I spare to visit this place?

3 Answers Jan 7, 2005 at 12:44 AM