VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Stuttgart Travel Answers

change location

Going soon

by Lynlyt Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 6:03 AM

What the most convenient motel near Porsche museum and 911 factory?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • margsch's Profile Photo

Re: Going soon

by margsch Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 8:25 AM

The Porsche museum is at Zuffenhausen, catch the S6 direction Leonberg or Weil der Stadt. It is only a 10 minute ride from the main station in the centre of Stuttgart. The Sbahn platforms are underneath the main station, you will see signs.

There is a Hotel within the station called the Intercity Hotel and for the convenience I would consider staying there. I have read good reviews and it is reasonably priced around $100 - $140 per night for a double room.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • margsch's Profile Photo

by margsch Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 11:50 AM

the stop where you get off the sbahn is called Neuwirtshaus (Porscheplatz)

• abalada's Profile Photo

by abalada Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 12:14 PM

> What the most convenient motel near Porsche museum and 911 factory?

Sounds to me rather like OP will drive. Or collect a new car.

Using

https://www.hrs.com/

you can give as destination "Stuttgart-Neuwirtshaus". This will list all available hotels by distance from there.

Motels US style are a rare sight in Germany. There is a "motel one" in Stuttgart-Feuerbach some 2,3 km away from Neuwirtshaus. This is however just the name of a (upscale) budget hotel chain. At the Feurbach one they have a parking garage for EUR 6 per day (this is good rate). At the motel one at Stuttgart-Hauptbahnhof (main train station) they don't even offer own parking (so far for the "motel" in their name).

motel-one.com/en/hotels/stut...

• Christine_D's Profile Photo

by Christine_D Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 1:10 PM

As far as I remember, there is a 3* hotel very close to the museum, called achat-hotels.com/hotels/Stut... . I slept in ACHAT hotels, the standard is ok for 3 stars. You can almost compare it to a Motel.

• Re: Going soon

by bigtyke Online Now Mar 31, 2013 at 1:54 PM

We stayed at the Achat Comfort Stuttgart in Dec. 2011. 76 euro for two. Decent standard room.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines