change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Manchester discount card

Manchester Jul 21, 2016 at 3:47 AM

Hi,
      Is theMANCHESTERcard.com discount card worth buying?
      Tommy

more
    • 15 hour transit/ stopover?

London Jul 3, 2016 at 2:57 PM

Hi all!
      I am soon to be travelling to Mauritius with my 2 small children from London.
      We have a 15 hour transit.
      My daughter has learning disabilities, she will be using her pushchair.
      I was wanting to know about assistance at Dubai and what I can arrange prior to travel. Any advice gratefully received.

more
    • stealthboi's Profile Photo

transportation (liverpool to manchester)

Manchester Jun 27, 2016 at 1:33 AM

hello all

i'll be coming in from liverpool and i really want to visit both old trafford stadium and etihad stadium. may i know the nearest station for the 2 stadiums? how do i go about it? i understand i can buy the tickets from thetrainline.com.

please advise

more
    • alectrevor's Profile Photo

Around Wiltshire area

England Jul 17, 2016 at 2:42 AM

I would like your ideas of where to use has a base to stay and visit other places by bus ( mainly ) or train. Which is best connected? - My places i wish to visit are, Swindon, Didcot rail centre, Salisbury, Amesbury, Devizes, Marlborough , and Winchester. I would stay 4 or 5 nights, would two bases be any good ? Would not go to all places Thanks.

more
    • this weekend

Goathland Jul 1, 2016 at 1:55 PM

What is happening this weekend in gothland

more
    • meeson's Profile Photo

friends visa

London Jun 25, 2016 at 3:57 AM

Hi vt,ers
      I thought I would ask you guys before I research this as I know some of you will know. I have a friend from Saudi Arabia who is studying at Dublin University. Does he need a visa to come to London in the next 2 months. Saudi Arabia apparently has a deal with Ireland, something to do with not needing insurance but he is not sure about London. Any help would be more than welcome
      Thanks guys

more
    • Transportation from Southampton to Heathrow

London Jul 8, 2016 at 6:45 AM

How can I get from the port Southampton to the airport Heathrow?

more
    • Deciding between 2 hotels in London

London Jul 1, 2016 at 3:53 AM

I need advice in choosing between two hotels (London house hotel in Bayswater) and (Bladford near madame tussauds). The first is less expensive, slightly larger room, better rated, but I hear the location is crowded. The bladford is nice, but more expensive, but the location seems nicer than bayswater. Any ideas/advice? thank you!

more
    • Local transport to Ferry Terminal?

Poole Jun 24, 2016 at 10:18 AM

I need to select a hotel near the Ferry and the catch a transport to the Ferry terminal to Cherbourg at 8:30 AM. HOW do I do this and get there by 7:30 AM??????

more
    • English Teaching Courses in Asia

London Jul 16, 2016 at 12:11 PM

In which country in Asia can I follow a world class English teaching course? I'd like a 4 - 6 week intensive course. Which one is the best value for money?

more
    • Place for dinner and drinks

London Jul 15, 2016 at 2:43 AM

Hi,
      Was wondering if there is any good place for dinner and drink around London eye? Taking team out tonight (5 of us), would like to be able to chat and connect with them while we drink. Budget £200. Thanks.

more
    • accomodation east london

London Jul 6, 2016 at 11:23 PM

clean dwelling,for Mum Dad and young daughter air bnb etc reasonably priced in east London
      thank you Robert

more
    • 4 hour transit in Heathrow on our way to US. Arrival T#5 and departure T#3. Do we need UK Visa?

Heathrow Jun 27, 2016 at 10:53 AM

My wife and I would like to travel to New York on the 18th July 2016 and back on the 9th August 2016. We have selected the American Airlines (operated by British Airways) which. We understood that we will have a stopover (transit) at Heathrow Airport for less than 4 hours both ways. We have 1 year Multiple entry Visa to the USA. I have also 6 months re-entry visa to the UK, however my wife has not got UK Visa. The arrival terminal is 5 and the departure terminal to US is 3.
      Do we need to go through passport control or there is a bus within the transit area for flight connection? Would you also please confirm whether UK Visa is a must or as it is only a short duration transit no need for UK Visa.

more
    • Best Hotel to Stay in London?

London Yesterday

Hi I will be visiting London in month of August! So please guide me the best hotel to stay in Cheers!

more
    • Transit without visa UK

Heathrow Jul 19, 2016 at 4:45 PM

I landed in Canada from india on 31st May,2016 via london.I had a stopover of 14 hours and I was given Transit without visa for 24 hours landside for overnight stay,since I was having entry visa to Canada.Now that I am moving back to India with same stopover of 14 hours at London.But this time its morning and my flight will depart at 20.45 in evening from London .My PR card had been applied but same is not reached as yet.My question is will I be able to get Transit without visa for staying in nearby hotel,as I am travelling with kids ?Secondly,my departing terminal is T4,where hotel heathrow is connected via covered walkway,Can we go to this hotel straightway or need to cross Immigration as well ?Pl.advise.
      My ticket is one single ticket from Canada to india with stopover at London.

more
    • Accessing Terminal 2 from Terminal 3

Heathrow Jul 14, 2016 at 11:33 PM

I am new to VT and apologize if similar posts show up. I think my previous questions have not posted due to my email not being verified so I am trying again.

My wife and I will be flying British Airways arriving terminal 3 and leaving terminal 5. We have a 6 hour layover in Heathrow and would like to access the United Club Lounge located in terminal 2.

It is my understanding in reading other posts that you can only have access to the terminal you are leaving from. However, I have also read something about terminals 2 and 3 being connected by a walkway. Does this mean that if we fly into terminal 3 we could have access to terminal 2 even through we are not flying out of there? Or is there a security check point between terminal 3 and the United Club Lounge we would be trying to get to in terminal 2.

Thanks so much!

more
    • What is the nearest YHA or backpackers to Canada Water tube ??

London Jul 4, 2016 at 3:28 AM

What is the nearest YHA or backpackers to Canada Water tube ??
      thanks

more
    • Cher29's Profile Photo

Travelling to Manchester- How to get there and what not to miss?

Manchester Jul 17, 2016 at 3:16 AM

So we will be going to Manchester from the 1-5 August. Here are a few questions. Thanks in advance for you answers! (P.s. I'm 20 years old and my brother's 17 years old. We will be travelling with our parents.)

- We need to travel from Manchester Airport to Manchester Piccadilly Station. We were considering using the Northern Railway. We are four adults with four large suitcases and four small hand luggages. Is it possible to carry these with us on the train?

- We will be staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton (near the Piccadilly station). What are some things that are not to miss in the centre? Like good restaurants and so forth.

- We will be renting a car, so it is possible to go further. We were planning in going Trafford Centre and Chester Zoo. Any other must visit places?

- We were thinking of stopping at Delamere and Blackemere Moss. Is that a good idea?

Thank you for reading and looking forward for you answers :)

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Considering a first time stay in Paddington station area vs. Gloucester Road underground area

London Yesterday

We have often stayed by Gloucester Road underground stop and this time considering Paddington as different area to visit and to use one of the Heathrow trains from Paddington station to LHR. We have a relatively early flight, 10:00 am departure from terminal 3 and thought this might be easier than a hotel directly at the airport the night before or a taxi from Gloucester Road underground area. We didn’t consider the Tube with the luggage and the travel time it would take. Gloucester area is nice, can that be said of Paddington station area too, considering the pubs, restaurants, sights, people, etc. All comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Also, thanks to all that answered my June posting.

more
    • vghunnur's Profile Photo

London pass

London Jul 4, 2016 at 5:20 AM

How useful or value for money is 'The London Pass'?

more
    • Best time to visit London

London Jun 29, 2016 at 4:56 AM

What is the best time and cheapest way (Direct or connecting flight) from New Delhi, India to London.

more
    • Cost of accommodations

London Jul 8, 2016 at 1:07 PM

Three women hoping to find triple room in London hotel in late September. How much should we expect to pay for a nice, not luxury, room in a central location? Thanks!

more
    • oRi_5's Profile Photo

Place to stay

London Jun 30, 2016 at 5:47 AM

Hi.
      I'm looking for some advice on the best place to stay - not necessarily in London but not sure where to post. We are looking into a holiday where we fly to Stansted and then we will be spending a day in Legoland, a day in Chessington and a visit to the Natural History Museum for sure...other days are not planned yet. We will be travelling with a 4 and 2 yr old. We would find it easier to stay in an apartment rather than a hotel as it's easier with kids... but not sure which would be the best area to look which would be the most accessible to all the different locations as there is some travelling distance to all obviously. Also, if it would be possible to get around via public transport or best to rent a car?

We would be travelling in October.

Thanks!

more
    • Query regarding Baggage and Change of terminal(Single Ticket)

Heathrow Jul 14, 2016 at 2:52 PM

Hi, I am an Indian student travelling to USA this August. There is a layover of 4 hours 15 minutes at Heathrow. Arrival at Terminal 4 and Departure from Terminal 3.

My airline (Jet Airways) from India to LHR told me that ''your baggage will be through checked in till final destination.

However in London there is change of terminal and airline so will be asked to identify your baggage on the arrival in London and then you need to hand over your baggage to American airline counter to board onward flight with them.''

I have to also move from Terminal 4 to Terminal 3. I am a bit confused about what is to be done? (if it is checked through till last, then what do I have to do) If I have to carry my luggage, then will I have to pass through Immigration? Can someone please explain in some more details what exactly is required to be done on my part?

I have checked (in fact mailed them too but with no definitive answer but only to go to this link) with the GOV.UK site [https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa]about requiring a transit visa. I think I am exempt as I am carrying an F1 Visa for USA. (Whether I answer Yes or No at the Border Control, in both there is an exemption mentioned if US Visa is available.)

I have managed to reach this link[heathrow.com/flight-connecti...] which to some extent tries to clear things out but I am not so certain yet...

Thanks in advance! :)

more
    • Best place to meet and take someone for the first time

London Jul 11, 2016 at 2:26 AM

Hi, I am meeting someone at the airport and then we are going to spend some time together, being a Londoner I have this pressure to show her some good time..I prefer to relax and chill yet have a quality time. Is there any nice iconic bar or restaurant which might be unusual for a first date?

more