change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• kathymof's Profile Photo

First time in Stockholm - what area to stay in

Stockholm Nov 11, 2016 at 1:13 PM

Hi. I am planning a one week trip to Stockholm and would like your help in choosing an area to stay in. I plan to rent an apartment. I would like for it to be near good transportation and/or to be within walking distance of major tourist destinations/attractions such as museums, historical sites, interesting neighborhoods, architecture, that kind of thing. It appears there is lots to see and do so I am assuming I can keep busy for a week - is this correct?

more
    • kathymof's Profile Photo

First time in Stockholm - what area to stay in

Stockholm Nov 11, 2016 at 1:13 PM

Hi. I am planning a one week trip to Stockholm and would like your help in choosing an area to stay in. I plan to rent an apartment. I would like for it to be near good transportation and/or to be within walking distance of major tourist destinations/attractions such as museums, historical sites, interesting neighborhoods, architecture, that kind of thing. It appears there is lots to see and do so I am assuming I can keep busy for a week - is this correct?

1 Answer Nov 11, 2016 at 1:55 PM
    • Stockholm during November

Stockholm Oct 19, 2016 at 8:44 PM

Hi, I am planning to come Stockholm during mid of Nov to mid Dec. I am confused whether to take family or not, mainly because of weather. I have 3yr old son. Kindly suggest is it good to bring family that time. Will we be able to roam around for sight seeing...? Thanks.

6 Answers Oct 31, 2016 at 11:16 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Price of taxi for 7 people from Atlanda to Stockholm centre?

Stockholm Oct 6, 2016 at 1:38 AM

We are 7 people landing to Arlanda tomorrow aroun 19 o´clock, and I started to check out the prices for getting to the centre. Looks like the taxi might even be the cheapest choise for so many people. And wouldn´t hurt that I think it would take us to hotel, not 1,5km away from hotel like bus and train. But the price I found was 520kr for trip. It didn´t say if there is extra price for bigger taxi. My swedish isn´t so good, so can any of you locals tell if it is much more expensive to take a big taxi?

8 Answers Oct 13, 2016 at 4:56 AM
    • Photography store

Vaxholm Sep 16, 2016 at 12:50 AM

Hi, we have forgot the batery of the camera. We are going to vaxholm and grinda. Is over there a electronic shop, or a big department or something where I can buy a battery?
      Thanks

3 Answers Sep 18, 2016 at 11:44 PM
    • JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Suggestions for best julbord in Stockholm

Stockholm Sep 6, 2016 at 6:01 PM

I would appreciate any tips on the best 'julbord' (authentic Christmas smorgasbord) in Stockholm for December 2016.
      Thanks!

5 Answers Sep 13, 2016 at 12:13 PM
    • ElioK's Profile Photo

Night life in Stockholm in September

Stockholm Aug 26, 2016 at 2:28 PM

My and my friend are visiting Stockholm for one night on Thursday sept 22, I was told to stay in Ostermalm for the night life, I already booked a hotel in Normalm HTL Kungsgatan but I still can cancel for free if you guys think I should stay in Ostermalm. any recommendations of hotels to stay? how is the weather in sept ? any cool lounges to have an early drinks and meet pretty girls, the best club for Thursday night and any cool bars, also would like to try some local Swedish restaurants, I appreciate all input.

2 Answers Sep 13, 2016 at 12:18 PM
    • abbasathar's Profile Photo

Sightseeing in Stockholm

Stockholm Aug 22, 2016 at 12:57 AM

We, two mid age adults, shall be putting up in Hotel Ibis Styles Jarva, Solan, Stockholm for 3 days in early next month. Please advice nearest point to catch the Hop on Hop off Bus from there for Sightseeing. Also the most convenient way to reach there too. Apart from booking the 2 day Stockholm Pass is it advisable to also buy the local transport card?
      Regards,

2 Answers Sep 2, 2016 at 5:55 AM
    • abbasathar's Profile Photo

Sightseeing from Hotel Ibis Styles Jarva, Stockholm

Stockholm Aug 22, 2016 at 12:41 AM

We (Two Adults) shall be putting up in Hotel Ibis Styles Jarva, Solan, Stockholm for 3 days in early next month. Please advice nearest point to catch the Hop on Hop off Bus for sightseeing. Also cheapest way to get there. We may go for the 2 day Stockholm pass.
      Any idea whether a local transport card will help in addition?

Regards,

1 Answer Sep 13, 2016 at 12:10 PM

Festive accommodation

Stockholm Aug 19, 2016 at 4:56 PM

Hope to be in Stockholm in December. Would appreciate any advice on which hotels in Stockholm traditionally put on a festive show in the run-up to Christmas. Places that have Christmas packages, Christmas trees on the premises, fairy-tale decorations, proximity to Christmas markets, nice views etc.
      Thanks!

1 Answer Sep 2, 2016 at 5:57 AM

Ferry options in December Stockholm to St Petersburg via Tallinn

Stockholm Aug 14, 2016 at 7:10 PM

Hi, in the process of planning a trip to St Petersburg flying into Stockholm, spending a few days around Christmas and then heading to Tallinn for a few days before arriving in St Petersburg.
      Would appreciate advice on ferry options from Stockholm to Tallinn, specifically around Christmas... Better ferry companies, will they run at that time?
      Same for Tallinn to St Petersburg, or would train be better.
      Thanks!

4 Answers Aug 16, 2016 at 1:05 AM
    • Air port to city center

Stockholm Aug 10, 2016 at 7:44 AM

Looks like the train is most economical and efficient from Arlanda. Any thoughts?

3 Answers Aug 10, 2016 at 1:48 PM
    • Stockholm City Hall

Stockholm Aug 7, 2016 at 4:31 AM

Where is the Stockholm City Hall?

7 Answers Aug 7, 2016 at 12:19 PM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Large group of people visiting a festival

Stockholm Jul 4, 2016 at 11:02 AM

There is maybe 10 or even 20 people of us visiting Stockholm beer festival at begining of October. It seems to take place at place called Nacka strand. The closest hotel seems to be Park in Radisson, but many of us would like to stay cheap. Most people would like us to stay together anyway. How can I make sure we wont stay in very hard place to get. Of course Gamla stan would be nice, or nearby, but it wont get any cheaper at there. I might contact hotel and ask for group pricesm if I would just know good location. Not too hard to get to festival.

6 Answers Jul 5, 2016 at 2:03 AM
    • lanef's Profile Photo

Airport > Hotel.

Stockholm Jun 9, 2016 at 8:38 PM

Is that the best option:
      Airport Coach to City Terminal next to Central Station. Taxi from Central Station to hotel Crystal Plaza Hotel, Birger Jarlsgatan 35, 11145 Stockholm, Sweden. Will touch down at 8h55 on the 10th of July.

3 Answers Jun 20, 2016 at 1:26 AM
    • lanef's Profile Photo

Australian dollars?

Stockholm Jun 6, 2016 at 11:57 PM

I will be in Stockholm in July, are there money changers where you can easily change Australian dollar notes for Krona or you have to go to a bank?

5 Answers Jun 9, 2016 at 4:22 AM
    • Homanded's Profile Photo

Traveling onwards

Stockholm May 23, 2016 at 3:18 PM

Ed and I plan on visiting Stockholm this summer and will be continuing on to Copenhagen and then Amsterdam.
      I'm looking and getting quite confused about booking rail vs flights.

I've looked at booking my flights between Tallinn and Stockholm on SAS.
      I've never flown them before - some input on them would be helpful. Good? Bad? I take it they're a basic no frills carrier such as our Easy Jet or Jet Blue.
      Pricing was cheap at around $65.00/pp including 1 checked in bag and 1 small carry on.

I've figured out that flight time between Stockholm and Copenhagen is relatively cheap and much quicker on paper.
      By the time you figure in arrival pre-check in time, security, etc., figures out to be about the same as rail.
      I'm getting a price of $67.00 one way between the two points on June 20th on Scandinavian Rail with a train travel duration of 04hr 21mins...does this sound correct?
      Am I looking in the right place? best website for booking direct? I know to stay away from RailEurope.com.
      Same applies for travel between Copenhagen and Amsterdam on June 22nd.

Finally, as I will be taking train between Sweden & Denmark then on to the Netherlands, on to Belgium and finally to France, would an Eurorail pass be more economical and to my benefit?

Thanks in advance,
      Homer (and Ed)

2 Answers May 24, 2016 at 5:03 AM
    • lanef's Profile Photo

To get local currency in Stockholm

Stockholm Apr 11, 2016 at 9:07 AM

Will it make it easier to withdraw Krona from atms in Stockholm if you have a travel card with euros on it? As I will visit Helsinki before Stockholm, I will have a travel card with euros.Thanks

6 Answers Apr 13, 2016 at 12:20 AM
    • Best way to reach Stockholm from Bromma airport

Stockholm Mar 30, 2016 at 8:06 AM

Hi, the question is actually in the titel). We are arriving Monday evening and need to get to Östermalm. Maybe somebody knows the most comfortable and cheapest way? Other tips on places to eat that won't empty my wallet completely)) are also welcome. Thank you all!

4 Answers Jun 6, 2016 at 3:38 AM
    • sylv2's Profile Photo

Stockholm to Helsinki Ferry

Stockholm Feb 6, 2016 at 11:37 PM

We are an active couple in our fifties so we like the shows and some dancing but wouldn't describe ourselves as 'party people'. We would like a niceish cabin without going over the top and a nice dinner setting with good food (obviously!) We have no objection to children but would probably like to dine in a more adult setting.
      I have done so much research on the two ferries that do this overnight trip. I think I'm over doing it. In the end i like the Silja Symphony boat better with its promenade but I like the dinner option better on the Viking cruise! :/
      What I like about the dinner option on Viking is the Food Garden option with a window view. This looks a bit more up market with round tables and table cloths. Also I like the idea of buffet for starters and dessert and ala carte for mains. The fact drinks are not included is fine. We are not big drinkers so are happy to purchase a couple of wines.
      The cabin selections on the Viking are more limited on the upper end. We don't want a suite but like a deluxe type room with sea view. On the Viking the options are the suite which is very expensive and next is the LXB Seaside Premium 12 square metres. Which would be ok.
      On the Silja the Deluxe seaside is 14sq and looks a bit more roomy and better appointed. There are limited photos.
      Don't even get me started on what dining time to choose! ha ha Some say early and be on deck for sunset and that best island views are 3 hours into cruise. I thought exiting the harbour would be good to see too. A 5 o'clock seating for dinner is as soon as you arrive and seems too rushed for us.
      I am presuming you can't request a room mid ship (in case of bad weather as I'm not a great sailor) or any room for that matter. Seems like that is pot luck. Unlike cruise ships where they charge more for same cabins midship and on preferred quiet floors.
      So any help/advice/opinion is very much welcomed.
      Sylv

9 Answers Feb 10, 2016 at 5:03 AM
    • Refilling my Swedish prepaid mobile phone when I am in Poland

Stockholm Jan 13, 2016 at 7:50 AM

How can I top up my Telenor prepaid mobile phone when I am in Poland? I cannot buy a Telenor prepaid voucher anywhere here, only In Sweden, where I will return in a few months from now. I also don't have a Swedish bank account, yet. And the Telenor website rejects valid credit cards, for some incomprehensible reason. I need kontantkort Telenor Rörligt 100 kronor. What are my options?

Tom

5 Answers Jan 14, 2016 at 5:56 AM
    • easyout4u's Profile Photo

7 1/2 hour lay over in airport

Stockholm Jan 5, 2016 at 3:07 PM

I have a 7 1/2 hour lay over in the Arlanda airport is it possible to get out and do something. Short tour ? Catch a bit to eat,..where locals would go. Anything or just hang out in airport.

1 Answer Jan 6, 2016 at 5:42 PM
    • Muscovite's Profile Photo

Where to go on New Year night?

Stockholm Dec 4, 2015 at 10:23 AM

Is there any Christmas / New Year Tree locals dance around, or fireworks, or anything special for the occasion in the street? (Apart from Skansen, because I'd rather have it free :))

1 Answer Dec 4, 2015 at 1:00 PM
    • Muscovite's Profile Photo

Anything open on January 01?

Stockholm Dec 4, 2015 at 10:21 AM

I happen to be in Stockholm December 31 – January 01, and it appears that most cafes / food-stores, even the food markets I looked up are closed.
      Anyone knows of anything around hotel Central (that’s opposite the Central railway station), that functions?
      And, by the way, how about transportation - bus, tram etc.?

2 Answers Dec 6, 2015 at 6:34 AM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

what are the MUST SEE while in the city

Stockholm Nov 9, 2015 at 12:53 PM

I had a more broad question before, then I realized I probably needs to narrow it down a bit.
      I want to know if I am missing any MUST see from my current list.

• Gamla Stan - The Old Town
      • Kungliga Slottet - Royal Palace
      • Vasa Museum
      • Stadshuset - City Hall
      • Skansen Open AIr Museum
      • Hötorget Market
      • Nobelmuseet - Nobel Museum

20 Answers Nov 14, 2015 at 2:37 PM
    • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Bus or Train

Stockholm Sep 24, 2015 at 12:59 PM

Traveling from Stockholm to Oslo in spring of this year I see that there is a train and at least two bus services available. Any advice as to which one to take. Please rate by cost, comfort and your recommendation if you have actually taken this route before. I would qualify for a senior fare. Thanks

6 Answers Sep 29, 2015 at 12:11 AM
    • melosh's Profile Photo

Where to eat in the evening?

Stockholm Sep 20, 2015 at 2:52 PM

Interested in a special, Swedish, moderately priced restaurant Thursday or Friday. Any suggestions?

PS: What is the traditional time for eating out in the evening?

2 Answers Sep 20, 2015 at 10:10 PM
    • Invited to Stockholm for Nobel Prize week, what should I expect?

Stockholm Sep 5, 2015 at 2:19 PM

As said in the title, I have been invited to Nobel Prize week held at Stockholm University. However, I've never stepped foot outside of the United States before in my seventeen years of life, so this presents a couple of concerns on my end. Being under eighteen and neither parent having any interest in attending the event with me, what kind of complications will this cause in terms of travel, lodging, and social scenes? Assuming I make it to Stockholm, I will be arriving early to mid December, so how bad is the winter there and what can I expect (side note: I am from Florida; we don't have winter here)? Travel expenses and all other things have been covered by family finances, scholarships, etc., so that is not a concern at this time. I just need to know what to do when over there IF I can get there because frankly I am a little intimidated by the complexity of planning this trip along with no one to help me.

4 Answers Sep 6, 2015 at 11:48 AM
    • Weather in late September?

Stockholm Sep 1, 2015 at 6:14 PM

How's the weather in Stockholm in late September/early October? Is it better to go in the late spring/early summer?

2 Answers Sep 1, 2015 at 7:44 PM
    • Is drone allowed in Sweden by their custom?

Stockholm Aug 28, 2015 at 5:18 PM

I am flying from Australia. Can I take a drone for my photography purpose and enter into Sweden?? Is drone allowed in Sweden??

3 Answers Aug 29, 2015 at 4:55 AM
    • The cruise from Stockholm to Helsinki

Stockholm Aug 6, 2015 at 2:14 AM

Hello,
      I have a plan to cruise with the Viking Line from Stockholm to Helsinki in September .
      what do you advise me ?

many Thanks
      M

13 Answers Aug 10, 2015 at 8:09 AM