Stavanger

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bergen card

Bergen Jul 10, 2016 at 6:36 AM

Should we buy a Bergen card for two days in Bergen? We'll be staying on Vikens gate. Planing to see the main museums and the church. Thank you.

more
    • Difficulty reading ferry schedule

Lofoten Jul 9, 2016 at 2:13 PM

I'm having problems with the ferry schedule from Moskenes to Bodø on Saturdays in July. When are the departures?

Thanks in advance!

more
    • UPCOMING NORWAY ITINERARY QUERY

Norway Jul 8, 2016 at 2:30 AM

Hi There,

I (31yrs) and my wife (30yrs) , along with my Parents (60yrs) (Total 4 people) are planning to visit norway for our vacation next week.(Starting July 15th 2016)

We all love to travel. We would love to see norway with different means of transport to get around & see...like Air , Road , Ferry & rail. We are not much into hiking & camping but do enjoy places of interest on our way. We are vegetarians and would be preferring to Rent apartments wherever we go, considering there might not be enough options for us eating outside. Also we are comfortable cooking quick meals & pack them for our On the go tours.

After going through few itineraries and Search I have put down the following plan. Would really appreciate if anybody can let ms know if the plan is smooth & workable. Any suggestions are welcome.

15th July : 3: 30 AM : New Delhi to Oslo (12 noon , 15th july) (14hrs including stopover)

overnight stay in oslo.

16th : Oslo to Svolvaer By Air. (we may have to do this via bodo OR oslo to bodo by air & bodo to svolvaer by ferry). Renting a Car in svolvaer . (expensive?) Overnight in Svolvaer or Kabelvag.

17th : Driving on E10 , exploring Lofoten on the way to Reine . Overnight in Reine. (Robuer Stay).

18th : Morning : Moskenes to Bodo Ferry. And then we have to go from BODO to ANDALSNES.

For this which option should we do :

A. Bodo to Andalsnes via Trondheim , Dombas BY RAIL (We may do overnight train to reach next morning) OR

B. Bodo to Trondheim By Air and Trondheim to Andalsnes via Dombas By Rail?

19th : Renting a Car in Andalsnes to reach Geiranger via trollstigen.

19th : We will have Car to drive around . Also we can do Geiranger cruise that day. Overnight stay on Geirangerfjord area. (any recommendations?)

20th : Driving around Geiranger. Stay in Geiranger.

21st : Driving to Alesund & dropping Car.

Alesund to Bergen By Air. Overnight stay in bergen.

22nd : Bergen sighseeing for a day. Overnight stay in bergen.

23rd : Bergen To Flam (Norway in nutshell). Overnight stay in Flam.

24th : Flam to Oslo : overnight in Oslo.

25th : Oslo sightseeing.

26th ; Morning Flight Back to Delhi.

We would welcome any suggestions if we are cramping too much or overstaying any place which can be changed. I know its last minute & we have lot of bookings to do in term of transportation & accommodation.

Thanks

Ashish

more
    • AlperIst's Profile Photo

Oslo Airport transport

Oslo Jul 6, 2016 at 4:18 AM

Hello,

I have FI317 08:25 flight from Oslo to Reykjavik. If I take the 22:59 train from Bergen and arrive at 06:25 at Oslo, can I go to the airport to take my flight on time? Flytoget Airport Express Train takes 22 minutes from Oslo S to the airport, the website says.

Best wishes,
      Alper Metin

more
    • travel to norway from 27 Oct to 04 Nov 2016

Norway Jul 22, 2016 at 5:23 AM

Hi, we are planning to travel to Norway and will be arriving into Olso on 27 Oct. we would like to visit Tromso, Bergen, Alesund. (By train or Cruise)... Any suggestions? Thank

more
    • gatorcat's Profile Photo

Flåm to Bergan?

Norway Jul 9, 2016 at 1:14 PM

Hi,
      I am trying to plan Norway in a Nutshell for two. I have planned from Oslo to Flåm. I am now trying to get reservations for boat from Flåm to Gudvangen. The one I was searching for included Nærøyfjord in Sognefjord. It then connects with a bus from Gudvangen to Voss. Then train from Voss to Bergan.
      The next leg is coastal steamer Bergan to Kristiansund.
      Can anyone help me with these plans and reservations. I seem to be stuck.

more
    • gatorcat's Profile Photo

Bergen to Kristiansund via Geirangerfjord

Norway Yesterday

Hi,
      My plan was for two of us to travel from Bergen to Kristiansund traveling via Hurtigruten through Geirangerfjord. Today I was informed the boat is having problems and our reservations are cancelled. We were scheduled to leave 14th August and arrive 15th August. Can anyone give me any viable alternatives? I am traveling with my daughter and she has never visited Norway before.
      Thanks

more
    • Currency options

Norway Jul 2, 2016 at 8:39 PM

Hearing numerous conflicting answers as of late I'm travelling to Norway & Sweden shortly from Australia can I use my Visa debit card as opposed to ordering NOK & SEK before I leave have been told I can't withdraw from ATMs very confused

more
    • Trolltunga and Preikestolen in 10 days

Norway Jul 5, 2016 at 12:22 PM

Hello,
      My friend and I are busy making plans to visit Norway.
      Our trip starts at Oslo (where our plane lands). Then we are going to take the train to Voss, and a bus to Tyssedal to start our hike to Trolltunga. We have planned a 3 day trip to Trolltunga, Mosdalsbu to end in Odda.
      Then we woud like to visit Prekestolen and Kjerag. But we are not sure what the best way is to get there starting from Odda?
      Tips and trips would be appreciated

more
    • Oslo and day trips

Norway Jun 30, 2016 at 2:57 PM

I can book a flight to Oslo in early september for 6 full days. I mostly like nature and want to see beautiful views, but also interested to get to know Oslo. how much time should I stay in Oslo in your opinion? Should I book "Norway in a nutshell" trip? The flight back will be from Oslo too so I can book a round trip but which one? It seems as if it's a lot of rides for 2 day trips but they're going from one place to another and don't have time to stay and visit the cities.... So is it worth it? Or maybe should I book an airbnb for 6 nights in Oslo and take day trips on my own... will it be cheaper?

I will also be in Trondheim for a week in November to visit a friend of mine and she'll take me to some nice places to see but it will be in the winter so it's probably better if I see some of this beauty in September. But again, I don't want to feel as if I missed getting to know Oslo. I may take a longer trip to Norway next summer for 3 weeks and then I have more time for everything. The question is what to do in this 6.5 days.... Thanks for any help! :)

more
    • Currency cash v credit

Norway Jul 2, 2016 at 10:10 PM

Will I incur a fee when withdrawing from ATMs in Norway & Sweden?
      I'm travelling from Australia and wanted to use my Visa Debit card instead of pre ordering NOK & SEK and having excess cash

more
    • abbasathar's Profile Photo

Bergen to Oslo travel

Norway Jul 17, 2016 at 7:49 PM

Could someone suggest the best option for experiencing the Fjords, Bergen/ Flam Railway, Cruise and related scenic beauty on the following skeletal travel schedule (For first half of September 2016).

Day one - Depart from Bergen
      Day four - Reach Oslo by evening.

Regards,

more
    • Stavanger sites

by Cyratan Online Now Jun 20, 2016 at 1:40 PM

How about the transport and the sightseeing

3 Answers Jun 21, 2016 at 12:56 PM
    • Visiting Stavanger during the winter

by SunnyL19 Online Now Nov 22, 2015 at 1:40 PM

We are visitng to Stavanger during the winter and wanted to see Kjeragbolten and the pulpit rock. It is impossible to hike, but all the packages for boat cruises for Kjeragbolten seems to be related to hiking. Is there a way that I can see both Kjeragbolten and pulpit rock in a boat cruise?
      I see boat cruise options for pulpit rock, but not sure if Kjeragbolten is included somehow unspecified.

2 Answers Nov 23, 2015 at 4:20 AM
    • Trip Stavenger-Oslo

by AdelinaZ Online Now Oct 7, 2015 at 7:53 AM

Hi,

Can you please tell me, how can i get to Oslo from Stavenger?
      By bus or train?Or can you guide me to a site to find the exact hours?

Thanks,
      Adelina

2 Answers Oct 7, 2015 at 8:52 AM
    • Stavanger - Preikestolen-Kjearag - Trolltunga

by saracdem Online Now Sep 17, 2015 at 3:15 AM

Hi, maybe somebody could help me... Cuz I really dont have a clue.

I'm planing to travel these places on Octomber 1-2-3-4.
      I will fly to Stavanger early morning and be there at 10:00, Im planing to rent a car so I can easly move to these places.
      My 1 day, cuz im landing so early I though that I could visit Preikestolen. And after to stay near in any hotel so I can next day ( day2 ) hike to Kjearag, after hiking the Kjearag, maybe to drive to Trolltunga and stay over there nearby. Day 3, Hike to Trolltunga, and after to check in a hotel. Day 4 drive back to Stavanger and catch the flight.

I know that the sesson is closed, but is there still people doing this hikes on the beginning of Octomber ? Am I realistic on my planing schedule ?? Ocfourse if the weater is bad, we will not hike to Trolltunga, I have read that its 10-11 hours hiking and is really hard. The hiking to Kjearag is 6-8 h, and Prekestolen 4-6 h.

Do you have any tips, something I should consider ? Are the ferries between expensive ?? Have anybody done this ??

1 Answer Sep 17, 2015 at 4:57 AM
    • AllieK's Profile Photo

Getting to Kjerag

by AllieK Online Now Sep 7, 2015 at 10:43 AM

Hey there everyone!

I'm currently in Norway and would like to do the Kjerag hike in the next couple of days. I've just seen i've missed the season with tidereiser but was wondering if there is any other way to get to the base? Are there any bus companies anyone knows that do that route? Any info would be great

Allie X

2 Answers Sep 7, 2015 at 2:31 PM
    • PeteG's Profile Photo

Any events happening?

by PeteG Online Now Jul 30, 2015 at 5:28 AM

Hello
      I'm staying in Stavanger over the weekend 5th and 6th September. Just wondering if anyone knew of any events happening there that weekend as I like to see new things when staying anywhere?

I've tried google and I can't see anything particular happening then, but if you know of any concerts or sport happening I'd like to know.

Thanks very much.
      Peter

2 Answers Aug 3, 2015 at 2:53 AM
    • AllieK's Profile Photo

Pulpit Rock

by AllieK Online Now Jul 9, 2015 at 10:09 AM

Hello
      I live in London and would like to do some hiking in Norway next month. My number 1 is the pulpit rock. There is a cheap Ryanair flight that lands in Haugesund but I'm just considering how much it would cost to get to Stavanger. Do you think it would be better to pay for a more expensive flight that lands in Stav, or is there a cheap bus from Haugesund?

Suggestions please :)
      I've looked up both flights but advice from someone who has done it would be great

Allie x

4 Answers Jul 10, 2015 at 10:51 AM
    • Kjerag open in May

by deepabvp Online Now May 1, 2015 at 11:23 AM

Hi,

I wish to hike to Kjerag. I will be reaching Stavanger on 13th May. It is possible to do the hike then? if yes, then how to get there? Please help me with some info.

Thanks,
      Deepa

1 Answer May 1, 2015 at 1:54 PM
    • Motorcycle rental in Stavanger or nearby

by eversure Online Now Mar 10, 2015 at 7:22 AM

Hello. Our family will be in Stavanger for 3 days this May and my husband who is an avid biker has heard of the famous Lysebotn -Sirdal pass with great roads. We have tried to google motorcycle tours or rentals for this route but have so far found none. Is there any biker here or anyone who can direct us to a rental company for this purpose? Would appreciate any info. Thanks.

Jennifer

• Travel to Matersfjord

by ttwedt Online Now Aug 8, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I am traveling to Norway the first week of September on a cruise and will have one day (8a-4p) in Stavanger. I would like to go to Matersfjord above Skanevik to see the area where my grandparents were raised. Is there a reasonable way to travel there and back in the limited time i have?

1 Answer Aug 8, 2014 at 4:39 PM
    • places in Mekjarvik

by littlemotherbear Online Now Aug 6, 2014 at 9:53 AM

I'm stopping at Mekjarvik for a few days. Are there any shops there? I will be on foot when I arrive!

2 Answers Aug 7, 2014 at 11:54 AM
    • Supermarkets in Stavanger

by ChefClub Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 1:00 AM

Hello to everyone, I am trying to locate some large supermarkets in Stavanger. Could you help me?

2 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 9:55 AM
    • Hitchhiking Stavanger Øygardstøl

by TepLad Online Now Jun 15, 2014 at 6:42 AM

Hi
      I am searching for a hitchhike for 1 person on 23.06.14 from Stavanger to Øygardstøl, as early as possible.

It would be nice if anyone will give an answer of information where i can find information about it.

Thanks

3 Answers Jul 5, 2014 at 6:53 AM
    • Looking tour guide or daily tour package for 10 adults at stavanger

by evaccs84 Online Now Jun 11, 2014 at 12:17 AM

We are looking for a quotation of land transfer and tour guide for the daily tour after the conference as below:-

1. Boat Trip & Dinner: Tuesday 24th June 2014, 19.00-23.30

Boat trip from Stavanger’s city center to Garden of Eden called Flor & Fjære.

2. Lysefjord sightseeing with dinner: Thursday 26th June 2014, 17.00-23.30

Lysefjord sightseeing by cruise. Then, dinner at the Lysefjord-Helleren restaurant.

3. Full day at 27th June 2014 --> Lots of old folk and not suitable for Pulpit Rock Hiking. Any suggestions?

Anyone can help? Very urgent!

4 Answers Jun 12, 2014 at 8:18 AM
    • How to get to Kjerag from Stavanger on Friday the 6th of June?

by TimeaM Online Now Jun 3, 2014 at 11:47 PM

I am planning to climb Kjerag on Friday, but as it is not season yet seems like no buses nor boats go from Stavanger to Kjerag. What is the best way to get there? Maybe hitchhiking from Stavanger? Will people pick me up on a Friday 7AM when everyone is going to work?

• Trip to Pullpit Rock?

by Lewberry6 Online Now May 24, 2014 at 3:24 AM

Going on a cruise at the end of July that stops in Stavanger. It is only there for a day and at the moment the most it will be there for is 9am-6pm.
      What is the minimum amout of time needed to get to pullpit via the ferry to tau? Would it be doable?
      We are all reasobly fit and used to walking....

Thanks
      Lewis

2 Answers May 24, 2014 at 6:42 AM
    • 5 days to keep busy

by rpm1960 Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Hej! My 13-year old daughter and I (53) will be at loose ends in Stavanger while my husband attends a conference. Any suggestions on how to keep a California girl interested and amused? (She is in that rebellious stage unhappy about being taken away from her friends back home) I realize Norge is quite expensive, but thought she might be awed by a trip to the arctic circle, or a fjord cruise etc. Tak.

8 Answers May 12, 2014 at 6:16 AM
    • Hike from Lysebotn to the Preikestolen

by MCMK Online Now Feb 2, 2014 at 2:10 AM

Is it possible to hike from Lysebotn to the Preikestolen? If so, how many hours/days would this take? Can you just bring a tent and camp or do you need spend the night in huts?

7 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 4:13 AM
    • Pulpit Rock

by Bobbos100 Online Now Jan 15, 2014 at 5:54 AM

Can you get to Pulpit rock in late January?
      Takk

4 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 3:58 AM
    • Stavenger in winter

by Tazzaret Online Now Nov 14, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Hi, I would like to find out if you can visit Stavenger Fjords in winter? will be very greafull for any tips

7 Answers Nov 28, 2013 at 12:40 AM
    • Looking for a 3 or 4 day trekking tour nea Stavanger

by BC0815 Online Now Aug 26, 2013 at 1:47 AM

I am looking for a 3 or 4 day trekking tour near Stavanger. We will have a tent with us so compaing but also hostels to stay the night would be possible. We would like to walk about 6 to 10 hours a day and we need a transfer to the start point and back to Stavanger on Saturday. If possible we would also like to pass by at Pulpit Rock or we will do it in a separate tour. Would be great to get some proposals for a trip.

1 Answer Aug 26, 2013 at 3:28 AM
    • How can you get from Stavanger to Olden and how long does it take.

by s&jmunro Online Now Apr 30, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I am traveling to Stavanger in June and want to go on to Olden. How can I do this?

4 Answers May 8, 2013 at 5:21 AM
    • Question title

by Psalms119 Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 9:40 AM

How do we schedule our trip to Flor og Fjaete ? We will be in Stavanger on May 28th arriving seven a. m. until four p.m. Our cruise ship did not include this tour.
      Thank you for your assistance

4 Answers Mar 23, 2013 at 11:50 AM
    • PLEASE HELP! Stavanger to Lysebotn!

by emilycs2808 Online Now Aug 30, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I arrive in Stavanger tomorrow night (friday 31st august) and we want to get from Stavanger to Lysebotn on saturday or sunday. we don't have a car so need ferries or buses or trains
      the only thing we've found so far is a bus that arrives in lauvvik 4 minutes before the ferry leaves so that's no good.
      is there another ferry we can get or a bus that runs at this time in the year?

thank you!

2 Answers Sep 3, 2012 at 11:14 AM
    • 9 hours in Stavanger

by Sunray-310 Online Now Jul 15, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Many people suggested it's very difficult to do Pulpit rock on a tight schedule (8:00-17:00) with a 10 year old, so we won't go :(
      We are interested in seeing as much scenery and fjords as possible and doing outdoor activities. Stavanger is our third cruise stop after visiting Flam and Bergen. What do you recommend doing in Stavanger? Are there impressive fjords to see or we should stroll in the city? Or hiking maybe?

Thank you!

6 Answers Jul 29, 2012 at 5:32 AM
    • from Lysebotn to Kjerag

by blankyta1 Online Now May 14, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Hi :)
      Please can u help me. If I get by ferry to Lysebotn.. how do I get to the beginning of the hike to Kjerag WITHOUT A CAR?!? Is there a taxi/bus servis that is available? Thank u very much for answer.

Blanka

• Kjerag on early May?

by juliom Online Now Apr 20, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Hi!!I'm planning to go to Stavanger and visit Preikestolen, Kjerag and its surroundings between the 2nd and the 5th of May. I've read in some websites that it's not possible to go to Kjerag until the last days of May, but in others they say it's possible, so I would be very grateful if you could give me your advice.

Thank you very much in advance!!

Julio

2 Answers Apr 22, 2012 at 3:40 AM
    • Aygiena's Profile Photo

Hiking tour - Pulpit Rock

by Aygiena Online Now Apr 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Hello!

We are coming to Stavanger for Easter weekend and want to go to Pulpit Rock. I found this website where I can book tickets in advance, should I do it?

tidereiser.com/Hikingtour-Pu...

Thanks!

1 Answer Apr 4, 2012 at 2:24 PM
    • Aygiena's Profile Photo

Money exchange

by Aygiena Online Now Apr 4, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Hello!

We are coming to Stavanger for Easter weekend (arriving by plain on Friday 06.04.12) and are wondering if we can find a place to change money as its almost always cheaper to change in the country then from the outside.

Sure we will have some local currency for a bus ride.

Thanks!

2 Answers Apr 4, 2012 at 5:50 AM
    • adema29's Profile Photo

Long term parking

by adema29 Online Now Oct 19, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Hi all,
      Can you, please, help me with a recommendation for a long term parking (about 9-10 days).
      The one at Sola airport is much too expensive :)

4 Answers Oct 19, 2011 at 1:49 AM