State of Victoria

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Motorhome in Sydney

Sydney Nov 23, 2016 at 6:04 AM

Where can I stand with a motorhome in sydney for a couple days around new years eve ?
      Thx in advance

more
    • Kangaroo Island worth to visit?

Australia 3 hours ago

Hi! We are planning a 4 week drive from Sydney to Adelaide in Feb/March. Travel itineary is quite ready however we are not sure if it will be worth to visit Kangaroo Island (time needed, cost for ferry, size of island ...).
      Will visit Wilsons Promontery and a couple of other national parks and are mainly interested in nice landscape and animals.
      Any comments are highly appreciated!
      Kind regards, Laura

more
    • Bring strawberry to phil.

Australia Nov 11, 2016 at 3:55 PM

Hi, im going back to the Philippines next week, im here in Australia, i want to know if i can bring a strawberry from australia going to Philippines?

more
    • zaffaran's Profile Photo

How to get to 790 George Street, Haymarket?

Sydney Nov 27, 2016 at 1:25 PM

Dear friends,
      can anyone tell me how to get to Backpackers from the airport by public transport? We'll be quite on a budget and a bit tired after a 23-hour-long journey and wouldn't like to wander around. ;-)
      Thanks a lot for your help,
      Anita

more
    • poepat's Profile Photo

ADELAIDE TO MELBOURNE VIA GREAT OCEAN ROAD

Melbourne Sep 26, 2016 at 11:41 AM

So plans have hanged a little bit... We now are planning to arrive in Adelaide by air early February 2016. We then want to drive to Melbourne on the coast route via the Great Ocean Road..
      We really aren't sure how many days to take or which towns are the best for overnight stays...
      We are still really flexible on this part of our travels...
      Any recommendations please, in particular how many days to make the journey, best overnight towns to stay and must sees on the route..
      happy travellin
      POEPAT

6 Answers Oct 25, 2016 at 6:23 AM
    • margsch's Profile Photo

Name of Hotel

Melbourne Aug 13, 2016 at 2:25 AM

Some years ago I stayed at a hotel across the road from Southern Cross Station, I think it was on the corner of Little Collins or Little something and Spencer street. It was a Holiday Inn but when I look up the map now the Holiday Inn shown is on the same side as the station. Can anyone tell me the name of the Hotel I,m looking for, it is definitely on a corner and the breakfast room is on the ground floor . It is only a couple of hundred metres south of Southern Cross but on the other side of the street.

6 Answers Aug 13, 2016 at 7:39 AM
    • DaHongHua's Profile Photo

MelbourneBikeShare

Melbourne Aug 8, 2016 at 1:21 AM

This programme started since 2010. In Melbourne CBD and its nearby area, there are 50 bicycle stations and 600 bikes are available. I have read their website : http://www.melbournebikeshare.com.au/ and think to used a bike is rather easy and not expensive.
      Who in VT has experience the ride ?

14 Answers Aug 13, 2016 at 5:51 AM
    • hotels accommodation in melbourne for family

Melbourne Jul 1, 2016 at 9:14 PM

we are coming on a shoe string budget and will spend 4 nights in Melbourne. Can you pl. suggest some decent accommodation which is not expensive

8 Answers Jul 16, 2016 at 10:18 PM

How valid is ETA Visa ? Is booking a domestic flight seat a necessity ?

Melbourne Jul 1, 2016 at 3:40 AM

1. I applied for the ETA Visa for 2 Malaysian International Passport, the approval was fast, after only 30 minutes, I received the reply email given to us a simple reference number for the ETA Visa approval. Any member from ETA eligible nations know how reliable the ETA Visa approval is ?
      2. I booked Tigerair for 11 Oct 2016 domestic flight Sydney to Melbourne on 30 March, I did not book the seat until today. Today I login again, I found no one book the seat as all 30 rows of seat are all available. Is booking a domestic flight seat a necessity ? Tigerair charge A$5 per seat for standard seat.
      Thank you.

4 Answers Jul 8, 2016 at 4:14 PM
    • Where to eat

Ballarat Jun 6, 2016 at 12:20 AM

G'Day,

I will be travelling to Ballarat soon. I am a basic eater (schnitzel, chips and gravy), I also have a severe allergy

to garlic (which is why I stick to basic foods). Can anyone suggest some places to eat?

Regards Karen

1 Answer Jun 6, 2016 at 10:15 AM

Melbourne CBD to Brighton Beach

Melbourne Apr 8, 2016 at 9:42 PM

I have a chance to fly from Sydney to Melbourne after the Big Sydney Meet.
      Beside other tourist spots, I want to go to Brighton Beach for the colorful small houses.
      What is the best budgeted way?
      The train from Flinder Station to BB need a Myki card but I worry only to use it once, not worth it and to get refund is not easy.

5 Answers Apr 25, 2016 at 3:14 AM

Avalon Airport or Tullamarine International Airport ?

Melbourne Mar 29, 2016 at 2:39 AM

I have a chance to fly from Sydney to Melbourne after the Big Sydney Meet. I want to explore more but I found Avalon is a smaller airport with less budgeted transport to Melbourne CBD. Is it worth to try two airport ? What is the different ? I will depart for home a few days later from Tullamarine Int. Airport anyway.

1 Answer Mar 29, 2016 at 2:52 AM

Federation Square > Royal Botanic Garden

Melbourne Mar 15, 2016 at 3:05 AM

I look on the map it is not far if I walk from the Federation Square to the Royal Botanic Garden and the Shrine of Rememberance. I would like to know how to walk to reach there. Are the traffic or road has block the way ? Thank you.

3 Answers Mar 15, 2016 at 6:47 AM
    • Hotel recommendation

Melbourne Feb 19, 2016 at 1:09 PM

Will be staying four nights in April want easy access to public transportation or ability to walk to attractions. Will take day tour to GOR

7 Answers Feb 20, 2016 at 5:28 AM
    • areas to stay

Melbourne Feb 18, 2016 at 7:56 AM

Plan to try to stay at Airbnb in Melbourne but wondered if any areas to avoid. For example one travel book listed some areas in St Kilda were not the best

7 Answers Mar 12, 2016 at 2:16 AM
    • will I have to handle baggage while I Amin transir

Melbourne Feb 7, 2016 at 3:27 PM

Am flying Emirates economy from Manchester to Melbourne but have to change planes in Dubai. Will I have to handle my baggage in Dubai or will my case go automatically onto next plane. Thankyou

7 Answers Feb 8, 2016 at 3:10 AM
    • Can I take an electric hair dryer in my hand luggage

Melbourne Feb 7, 2016 at 11:06 AM

Can I take a small hand dryer and electric styling brush in my hand luggage flying Emirates economy from Manchester, UK , changing planes in Dubai and flying on to Melbourne Australia.

16 Answers Feb 8, 2016 at 4:56 PM
    • Sightseeing

Melbourne Dec 21, 2015 at 6:37 AM

We have one whole day only in Melbourne to see as much of the city as possible. Please can you recommend some "must see" things to do. We are staying in the centre on Flinders Street and will be there the second week of February 2016.

9 Answers Dec 26, 2015 at 3:32 PM
    • train departure time

Geelong Nov 22, 2015 at 8:39 PM

Could you please tell me what time the train leaves for Portland ?

2 Answers Nov 22, 2015 at 10:04 PM
    • Drive up Mt Dandenong and ta time at this region.

Mount Dandenong Oct 25, 2015 at 6:30 AM

We are a group of 8 Asian girls aged 61 - 65. We will be in Melbourne from the 23rd March to 29 March for Easter and old classmates gathering. We can afford to have a day tour and a night stay in and around Mt Dandenong. We would like drive up to have the best view from and of Mt Dandenong and enjoy some good teatime to catch up the old times. Something not too luxurious but enjoyable with clean self-contained cottage or cabin. We will have no time to do the waking trails. Please suggest.

6 Answers Oct 28, 2015 at 7:38 PM
    • Lindrum Hotel

Melbourne Sep 26, 2015 at 11:56 PM

We have booked Lindrum Hotel a studio room this coming February. Can anyone recommend this ? Apparently the reviews that I have read are that the hotels is very noisy with traffic or poor views If you choose a quiet room.
      Thank you.

3 Answers Sep 27, 2015 at 5:33 AM
    • Avya's Profile Photo

Applying for Australian Visa online (Easy ETA)

Melbourne Sep 25, 2015 at 7:12 PM

Hi, has anyone used Easy ETA before? Is it a reliable online service? Am attracted by their lower rates but am afraid that my visa won't be valid when I arrive in Melbourne!
      Thanks in advance!

5 Answers Jan 31, 2016 at 1:28 AM
    • praveenpd's Profile Photo

One day in Melbourne

Melbourne Sep 7, 2015 at 3:55 PM

Hi ,

I am visiting Melbourne from USA. I just have one day to explore Melbourne. ( i have seen MCG already). Could you please suggest at least couple of things I shouldn't miss visiting.
      One I shortlisted is Shrine of Remembrance.

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks
      Praveen

5 Answers Sep 10, 2015 at 6:58 AM
    • wilson prom

Wilsons Promontory National Park Aug 17, 2015 at 8:13 PM

hi, me and some friends r planning to check out wilson prom and would like to know where id the first and last stop to do and see in wilson prom, thank :)

1 Answer Aug 17, 2015 at 10:39 PM
    • KoalaB's Profile Photo

Local knowledge required for Melbourne in State of Victoria Australia

Melbourne Jul 24, 2015 at 11:20 PM

Trying to find a hotel for accommodation close to where I can hop on a tram to get to Etihad Stadium. We have tickets to the Royal Military Tattoo next February but most hotels in the CBD are either booked out or very expensive and we're not after 5 star accommodation. Someone with local knowledge may be of more assistance than staff at travel agents and Victorian Tourism!

7 Answers Jul 25, 2015 at 10:10 PM
    • Melbourne DEC Itinerary!! HELPP

Melbourne Jul 13, 2015 at 7:41 AM

im coming to Melb this Dec with my best friend for the 1st time! is there any suggested itineraries?? i'll be there for 4 days 4 night! thankss :)

2 Answers Jul 15, 2015 at 1:46 AM
    • August itinerary, HELP!

Melbourne Jul 4, 2015 at 11:32 PM

Dear all, I am wondering if you could help me for the updating news for itinerary this August. Me and my partner will go to Melbourne on 1st August, and stays for my friend's wedding on 8th (at Melbourne). I am planning on visit Sydney (or maybe other interesting places/cities) during that time, or wander around Melb before 8th. i will go back on 11th.

I am not really into wildlife (like climbing or such) but i am excited to see koala and kangaroo since it's my first time to Aussie. I like taking selfies so i hope there're pretty places included.
      If it possible could you please suggest several places to visit in one location so i wouldn't spend much time on the road. Plus, i couldn't rent a car since we dont have international driving license. Please also suggest the public transport we could have.

Thank you so much for your help! really appreciate it. Hope you could help me.
      Regards
      Mira

4 Answers Jul 11, 2015 at 1:07 AM
    • Visiting in July

Melbourne Jun 29, 2015 at 8:42 PM

I will be travelling to melbourne this weekend and will stay there for a month. I see it's winter there and am planning my packing accordingly. It would be great though if somebody who is/ have been there can answer a few queries for me:

1. What to pack for a month in July? I will be working till 17:00 on weekdays and will have weekends for myself.

2. Any good trek/ mountain area nearby that can be covered in a day?

3. Any specific area for good food? And beer :D

Also, i would love to meet you guys on weekends to explore the city for a day or two together, the local way. Please let me know and let's plan.

TIA, vt1026

10 Answers Jul 5, 2015 at 1:32 AM
    • Suggestion for outings that are cheap or free for kids below 5 years

Melbourne Jun 27, 2015 at 12:44 AM

Can anyone suggest some places to visit for kids below 5 years that are cheap or free. Thanks

3 Answers Jul 6, 2015 at 6:56 AM
    • How much to budget for 10 days in Melbourne?

Melbourne Jun 27, 2015 at 12:41 AM

Will be traveling to Melbourne in Dec. Staying with friends but plan to rent a car for a week. Any good and cheap car rental to recommend? We are a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 kids (2 & 3 years). How much to budget for the 10 days including car rental? Where and how much would it cost to rent childseats? Thanks in advance

3 Answers Jun 27, 2015 at 4:36 PM
    • Melbourne 3day visit

Melbourne May 29, 2015 at 4:29 PM

Hi, I am visiting Melbourne in October. I am a female lone traveller 60 yrs old. I have been booked into a hotel on little bourke street but the area looks a bit run down. I am seriously thinking of changing my hotel.it is next to a night club and I am there Friday to Monday. What do you suggest.
      Thank you so much

4 Answers Jun 9, 2015 at 11:20 PM
    • taxi fare port melbourne to A'beckett street near junction with Elizabeth St

Melbourne May 9, 2015 at 7:47 PM

from Beacon Cove Port Melbourne to A'Beckett street( Melbourne car rentals)..it's near the jucntion with Elizibeth street,........ I know I can get 109 tram to Eliziabeth st and change to La Trobe st. then walk........................................          

I am thinking of a taxi around..$16 ?...and believe they don't charge for luggage .....could someone please confirm whether I am right and also ,must melbourne taxis  they put on the meter, and do you tip taxi drivers ?............... 

other ideas for this trip would be welcome

Thanks Geoff

5 Answers May 10, 2015 at 12:37 AM
    • How do I get to Mornington Peninsula from Frankston?

Mornington May 4, 2015 at 3:59 AM

Hello. I am taking a train to Frankston station but how do I get to Mornington Peninsula?

4 Answers May 4, 2015 at 10:21 AM
    • Can I get a taxi or any other transport from halls gap to wonderland car park

Grampians Apr 28, 2015 at 2:38 AM

Can I get a taxi or any other transport from halls gap to wonderland car park

Thanks Geoff

1 Answer Apr 28, 2015 at 11:02 AM