Travel Answers
State of Rajasthan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular State of Rajasthan Travel Answer Locations

• Where do I hire a self-drive car in Jaisalmer?

Jaisalmer Dec 2, 2016 at 2:03 AM

Most of the popular options like ZoomCar don't operate in Jaisalmer and the hotel I booked into hasn't got a clue. Any pointers?

2 Answers Dec 2, 2016 at 5:25 AM
    • Elephant visit

Jaipur Sep 26, 2016 at 8:47 AM

We will be in Jaipur in December and are having a hard time deciding between visiting Elephant Joy or Elephantastic. Any help or advice is appreciated!!! We do not want to visit a place where the elephants are shackled or used as a work animal; purely rescued and loved is what we are looking for. Thanks everyone!

4 Answers Sep 28, 2016 at 11:25 AM
    • Sanganer and puppets

Jaipur Sep 17, 2016 at 12:17 AM

I'll be staying at Bani Park so wondering if I should, on arrival at the airport, take advantage of Sanganer's proximity and ask the state tour desk to recommend a taxi tour (?1 hour) of the cloth- and paper-making area, thence to Bani Park (with my suitcase). Wondering about feasibility/advisability and cost.

I'm also keen on puppets and wonder where I could see performances.

• lucyguajardo's Profile Photo

Bus Stand close to Nasiyan temple?

Ajmer Sep 10, 2016 at 7:33 PM

I read in some other forum that there is a Bus Stand very close to Nasiyan temple to take the bus to Puskhar.

I was looking at maps and searching to confirm this but I haven't find any more info on it.
      1) Is there a bus stand there?
      2) are those buses the same that start their route close to the train station?
      3) Is there any "flagging" signal I have to do so the bus stop or they always stop there?

I would prefer to take the bus from there but otherwise I will take a taxi back to bus station.

1 Answer Sep 10, 2016 at 8:26 PM
    • transport to bundi

Jaipur Aug 22, 2016 at 9:11 PM

I'm tempted to get a taxi from Jaipur to Bundi if it's safe to do so. Also wondering about a taxi Bundi to Sanganer; this might be more sensible than retracing to Jaipur, then bus to Sanganer - which I imagine would probably be a full day excursion.

3 Answers Aug 25, 2016 at 12:15 AM
    • Driving to Tanot

Jaisalmer Aug 13, 2016 at 4:05 AM

As a foreigner (English), with a self-drive hire car (4x4), can I drive to Tanot from Jaisalmer? Do I need a permit? If so, where do I get one and what does it cost?

5 Answers Aug 15, 2016 at 1:10 AM
    • RodolfoBrasil's Profile Photo

Transfer Jaisalmer to Delhi

Jaisalmer Aug 7, 2016 at 5:58 AM

VT friends

Hello!

In November I will be finalizing the Jaisalmer trip to Delhi and would like to know if any of you know a transfer (car or van) to do this Jai-Del trip, since there is only train once a week and Jaisalmer has no airport.

Thank you very much

10 Answers Aug 13, 2016 at 4:45 AM
    • Tutuldas's Profile Photo

Weather in july jaisalmer

Jaisalmer Jun 17, 2016 at 11:20 AM

I have planned a jaipur jaisalmer bikaner jodhpur trip end of this month. Pertaining to heavy monsoons in other parts of the country and wet weather i choose rajasthan. What shall be the temperature here in end july. Is rains expected?

9 Answers Jul 3, 2016 at 12:50 AM
    • Shimla in a Day?

Shimla Mar 7, 2016 at 11:45 AM

Is one day enough to see the sights of Shimla? I am planning to do Chandigarh to Shimla and back in a day. Crazy?

3 Answers Mar 9, 2016 at 10:41 PM
    • Which route?

Shimla Mar 3, 2016 at 9:15 AM

I plan to go from Chandigarh to Shimla and Amritsar and back to Chandigarh. Can you suggest a travel route? Order does not matter, but travel time is to be minimum! Couldn't find flights to Shimla, SLV from Chandigarh or Amritsar.

4 Answers Mar 3, 2016 at 4:09 PM
    • SeetaKaur's Profile Photo

The best Jaisalmer Camp?

Jaisalmer Mar 2, 2016 at 12:08 AM

Hi Guys,

Me and my parent planning for one night safari camp, before i was thinking to book the highly rated Samsara Luxury Resort Jodhpur, after few exchange emails the rate they offered just not reasonable at all considering its India, so i decided to try the one in Jaisalmer, there are many choices apparently, can anyone suggested which one to consider? We want a real camp in the desert, i read many camps actually near to the city so that i want to avoid, somewhere quiet and star gazing is our main objective here. Any suggestion will be appreciated here

• Bike on rent

Jaipur Oct 15, 2015 at 12:18 AM

Hi, I wan to know if bikes on rent are available in jaipur. I am expecting something like Goa.

5 Answers Oct 16, 2015 at 1:11 PM
    • Mount Abu trip

State of Rajasthan Sep 17, 2015 at 12:01 AM

Hi, I am new here. Can anyone give me idea about mount abu trip? Which places most amazing to see and how many price of hotels to stay there for 3 days ?

3 Answers Nov 17, 2015 at 9:33 PM
    • Visit in October 1st week

Bikaner Sep 14, 2015 at 3:29 AM

Is it too hot in the first week of October. Shall I postpone my visit to Bikaner for December January.

4 Answers Oct 1, 2015 at 2:19 AM
    • Ankita08's Profile Photo

Sunset Sunrise Timing

Jaipur Sep 8, 2015 at 1:08 AM

Approximately at what time Sun rises and sets in Thar Desert. Kindly help with your answers.

7 Answers Sep 22, 2015 at 11:32 PM
    • Ankita08's Profile Photo

Mesmerizing view of Sunset and Sunrise at Thar Dessert,

Jaipur Sep 7, 2015 at 5:15 AM

Jaipur jodhpur Rail route is famous for its mesmerising sunrise and sunset? how can i experience this through traveling with trains. Also please help me with the stations after which I can view this splendid view of the dessert.

4 Answers Sep 8, 2015 at 4:43 AM
    • Guest house/ Hotel

Udaipur Aug 26, 2015 at 8:50 PM

I am going to stay in Udaipur for a few weeks. Does anyone have a suggestion for a nice place to stay. Location is important other that that I am very flexible hotel ,guest house ,homestay. I can pay up to 1200 rupees a night. I also do not mind using public transport.
      Thanks in advance for your reply.

4 Answers Aug 23, 2016 at 7:57 AM
    • any impact of earthquake in shimla kullu manali?

Shimla May 3, 2015 at 11:39 PM

we planned to tour shimla manali on 6th may. is it safe to travel?

1 Answer May 20, 2015 at 6:32 AM
    • Jewelery & Bag Factories in Rajasthan

Udaipur Apr 21, 2015 at 4:35 AM

Hi,

Can anyone pls give me the address of jewelry and bag factory in rajasthan as i would b travelling to India and would like to visit .
      Thanks in Advance

4 Answers Jun 7, 2015 at 1:30 AM
    • nppandit's Profile Photo

where do find best laal maas and safed maas

Bikaner Mar 30, 2015 at 7:10 AM

where do find best laal maas and safed maas

4 Answers Apr 1, 2015 at 12:56 AM
    • travel time by car to Udaipur from Jaipur

Udaipur Mar 8, 2015 at 6:44 PM

I am planning for a trip to Rajasthan. I have 5 days to spend while I am there and am looking to setup an itinerary.
      I plan to drive from Jaipur to Udaipur and spend roughly 2 days at each place.

In order to plan for the trip, it helps to have a good approximation for travel time between the two places. Google maps estimates travel time (one-way) between the two places to be roughly 6 hours. How accurate is this?

It would also help if you could point out must-see attractions (excluding religious places). I am interested in seeing the palaces, lakes, market/shopping areas.

More information about my background... I am Indian and a budget traveller.

5 Answers Jun 7, 2015 at 1:32 AM
    • Pushkar to Jaipur

Jaipur Feb 11, 2015 at 10:24 AM

What is the best way to travel from Pushkar to Jaipur? What is the distance? How long those the trip take place? What does it cost?

5 Answers Feb 12, 2015 at 9:19 AM
    • Jodphur to Udaipur

Udaipur Feb 11, 2015 at 10:21 AM

What is the best way to travel from Jodphur to Udaipur? What is the distance? How long those the trip take place? What does it cost?

4 Answers Nov 17, 2015 at 9:42 PM
    • Bikaner to Jaisalmer

Bikaner Feb 11, 2015 at 10:20 AM

What is the best way to travel from Bikaner to Jaisalmer?
      What is the distance?
      How long those the trip take place?
      What does it cost?

2 Answers Feb 11, 2015 at 5:37 PM
    • Jaisalmer to Jodphur

Jaisalmer Feb 11, 2015 at 10:17 AM

What is the best way to travel from Jaisalmer to Jodphur?
      What is the distance?
      How long those the trip take place?
      What does it cost?

5 Answers Feb 12, 2015 at 6:13 AM
    • price rates

Udaipur Jan 19, 2015 at 11:26 PM

Hii.. we are a group of 10 people.. planning out a lunch partyy.. so how much will the lunch cost at lotus cafe and restaurant???

5 Answers Jan 20, 2015 at 3:32 AM
    • shopping suggestion

Jaipur Dec 18, 2014 at 10:21 PM

what is the best place to buy tie n dye print sarees???

4 Answers Jun 7, 2015 at 1:33 AM
    • Tour package for Shimla

Shimla Nov 19, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Pleas help me to find a good source for me, I want to go Shimla with my friends for a week and need a low budget tour package for it. Suggestion required....????

3 Answers May 20, 2015 at 6:36 AM
    • Personal Shopping Guide

Jaipur Nov 9, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Can any recommend a Personal Shopping Guide?

2 Answers Nov 10, 2014 at 12:28 AM
    • sharatkum's Profile Photo

Taxi from Jaipur Airport to Pushkar

Jaipur Oct 24, 2014 at 1:24 AM

I'm arriving on Oct 31 in Jaipur Airport at 9 pm. I would like to go to Pushkar. Can any members let me know the cost effective way to reach Pushkar. Will appreciate numbers of any realiable taxi drivers or is there are any shared taxi's. what will be the approximate cost.

Thanks,

1 Answer Oct 28, 2014 at 12:54 AM