State of Meghalaya

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Tour operator and 3 star hotel

Delhi Nov 11, 2016 at 5:42 AM

I intend to visit North India from New Delhi in December with my husband and two kids .Can u recommend a reliable tour operator and a nice 3 star hotel with wifi access and other facilities (comfortable family rooms/ hot water/bed and breakfast/store, room for luggage, airport pickup ) near shopping centers in New Delhi?

more
    • Where do I hire a self-drive car in Jaisalmer?

Jaisalmer Dec 2, 2016 at 2:03 AM

Most of the popular options like ZoomCar don't operate in Jaisalmer and the hotel I booked into hasn't got a clue. Any pointers?

more
    • Buying real pearls in India

India Nov 30, 2016 at 12:23 PM

I have bought a double necklace of white pearls with silver clasp at Guwahati airport and paid about 130.- USD. It's quite heavy. Are real pearls for this price?

more
    • Connection flights, confused

New Delhi Nov 29, 2016 at 6:00 AM

hey guys quick question .

I am travelling from Toronto Canada on Feb 24,2016 to Delhi, India and returning back to Canada March 20,2016 it is a round trip. . When I land in Delhi, I will drive to Punjab the same day I land because of a wedding.

On March 1 me and my friend will book a round trip from Delhi to pune.

So I will depart March 1 from Delhi to pune and have my return ticket back to Delhi March 20, (same day as my return ticket back to Canada)

My question is once I return from pune back to Delhi will I have to get out of airport to check into my flight back for Canada or can I just stay in the airport and check into my back to Canada flight.?..

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Arrival and Departure Halls of Coimbatore International Airport

Coimbatore Nov 18, 2016 at 3:52 AM

Can i know whether the arrival and departure halls of Coimbatore International Airport are in the same terminal building? Or i need to walk further from one terminal building to another? How long does it take for me to reach the departure hall from the arrival hall in this airport?

more
    • SLLiew's Profile Photo

Bus from ISB Kashmir Gate to IGI Delhi Airport

Delhi Nov 16, 2016 at 12:37 AM

I am planning to take a bus between Thursday midnite to 1:30am from the Inter State Bus Station at Kashmir Gate to the airport. Can I just buy the bus ticket at the bus terminal just before bus departure or do I have to buy ticket a day in advance to ensure seating. How far will the bus stop from Terminal 3, walking distance? or need to take a taxi? Thank you.

more
    • What to do outside Goa?

Goa Dec 5, 2016 at 1:15 PM

I have a couple of days to see the sites around Goa (away from the beach). Any tips on where I could travel?

more
    • What's to do outside Mumbai?

Mumbai Dec 5, 2016 at 1:12 PM

I have a couple of days to travel outside the city and see the surrounding areas. Any advice on where I should head?

more
    • alamtapash's Profile Photo

India Visit - where to go in December?

India Nov 27, 2016 at 3:11 AM

Hi,

Hopefully I will reach Kolkata airport on 16th Dec, 2016 with my family (my 2 kids and wife). One of my kid is 11 years and other is 7 years.

We have a holiday 10 - 12 days. My wife likes to visit Taj Mahal, Agra.

After that we like to visit naturally beautiful places and want to spend few days there; such as - hill areas or sea shores.
      In India, my plan is to travel long distant places by train.

On my way back, we would like to stay in Kolkata 1 / 2 days. We have tried to make a plan but cannot do that ourselves.

It would be great help if we get hints how to make our trip worth and enjoyable in India.

Thanks,

Shariful Alam

more
    • Payment to Marvelous journeys

India Nov 17, 2016 at 2:05 AM

I need to make a payment to this company. They ask me to enter INR and to use MasterCard. I will be using a UK card so in GBR. They say bank automatically converts! Does anyone have experience of this please.

more
    • alamtapash's Profile Photo

Delhi Tour

Delhi Dec 7, 2016 at 9:18 AM

Hi,
      I am going to Delhi on 16th Dec, 2016 (at 9:30 PM) along with my wife, two kids (11 years and 7 years) on vacation.
      I want to stay there till 24th Dec; i.e; 8/9 days. i want to visit Shimla, Manali, Agra, Jaipur, Delhi city.

Would you pls. help me to make my tour plan - in which order the above locations to visit ? Is there any other good places that I missed above?

Thanking you in advance.

Shariful Alam

more
    • etourist visa

India Dec 2, 2016 at 10:12 PM

I am about to apply online for an etourist visa from the U.K. I am visiting India in January for 27 days. I believe once the application is approved I print off the visa and carry with my passport on entry into India.
      A friend has worried me by saying I have to visit the High Commision in London to have the visa entered in my passport! Surely that defeats the whole idea of an e visa

more
    • Need to rent an apartment for two months

Goa Nov 29, 2016 at 4:56 AM

Hi!

We are a Swedish family coming to goa in early February 2017. We would like to rent an apartment to stay in for two months. We would like the apartment to be air-conditioned. Any help with this is very much appreciated.

/ Best regards, Hakan Gleissman with family

more
    • car and driver hire

Jodpur Nov 12, 2016 at 7:57 AM

can anyone recommend a reliable company to drive 4 people from Jodphur to Udaipur, with stops, over 4 days

more
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Swimming & Beaches in/near Kochi ?

Kochi Nov 30, 2016 at 12:49 AM

I am planning to visit Kochi next autumn and having looked at the beach photos on Google Earth, I am not sure this is a great place to swim. Can anyone advise me about the beaches in the area and which ones are attractive and good for swimming ?

Also is Kochi a good place to stay in the Kerala area or should I be looking elsewhere in the area ? I like beach and places of interest as a holiday mix. Planning to stay 10 days

more
    • maestrousmc's Profile Photo

Update on Currency

India Nov 28, 2016 at 2:48 AM

Hello everyone. I will be traveling to Mumbai-Jaipur-Delhi in two weeks. I have read the previous post regarding the currency issues but can anyone provide an update on the situation?

more
    • Is this a good trip plan?

India Dec 4, 2016 at 5:13 PM

Hi I want to backpack by myself around the south of India My main goals on this journey are to jungle treck, see some temples and go to an ashram.

Money for the journey (flights apart) : 900£ Planning to stay 1 month.

Arrive: 10th jan airport kochi Leave: 10th feb airport Goa Stop by:

-Munar, Kerala for jungle trecking

- Coimbatore to stay at a ashram for a few days - Mysore. for city seeing, temples, markets etc. - Hampi, for bouldering, monkey temple, lake. - Palolem, touristy easy going to party bit, chill and then fly home.

Any traveller that could give me any tips, tell me whether this is not enough time, the journey too long, too little money, better places to see..... ANYTHING HELPS! thank you

Here is the route on google maps

google.co.uk/maps/dir/Cochin...

more
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Kochi to Munnar ?

Munnar Nov 30, 2016 at 4:51 AM

How does one get to Munnar from Kochi, and then onward to Thekkady ?

more
    • Food on trains

India Nov 19, 2016 at 5:08 AM

I am making two overnight journeys on trains in India. Is food available and does it need to be preordered?

more
    • India rupees

India Yesterday

Hi,

Does anyone know what the current situation is in India regarding the Indian rupees?

Thanks,
      D

more
    • bobsnicholson's Profile Photo

Taxi/driver and car

India Nov 28, 2016 at 7:29 AM

We arrive Delhi Airport Feb 13th. We don't like the chaos of obtaining a taxi at the airport.
      We need to go to The Lemon Tree Hotel in Manesar. Could somebody please advise a good reliable driver/car who can meet us at arrivals clearly displaying our names so we can approach.
      How much should the car/driver cost for this trip.
      many thanks

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

How do tourists pay in cash in India now?

Bangalore Nov 12, 2016 at 6:19 AM

Can i know under the currency crisis in India, how do tourists get and pay in cash to the shops and taxi drivers in India? How long will it take for tourists to get the new 500 Indian Rupee and 2000 Indian Rupee notes? I will be in Bengaluru on 8 December before moving on to Hyderabad, Chennai and Coimbatore, and i do not want to meet the same problems of paying in cash in these cities.

more

Popular State of Meghalaya Travel Answer Locations

• Need Good Itinerary

Shillong Jun 27, 2016 at 9:00 AM

I am planning to travel to shillong by Aug End 2016 for about 7 days. Need a Good Itinerary want to visit Kaziranga too. (can skip too if suggested). Will have a 5 years old kid with us.

Thanks in advance.

9 Answers Aug 19, 2016 at 2:36 AM
    • Need Help in Itinerary - Meghalaya - Jan 2016

Shillong Dec 31, 2015 at 5:44 PM

Hi,

I'm on my 2 week solo shoestring trip and will be reaching Guwahati on 5th Jan 2016 (by early morning). If time permits, I would like to explore a part of either Arunachal or Nagaland. I have my return flight on 18th Jan morning.

I prefer to use shared vehicles / public transport and stay in budget accommodations.

My tentative itinerary --

• 5th Jan - Guwahati - Cherrapunjee
      • 6th Jan - Cherrapunjee - Nongriat
      • 7th Jan - Nongriat - Cherrapunjee
      • 8th Jan - Cherrapunjee - Dawki - Mawlynnong
      • 9th Jan - Mawlynnong
      • 10th Jan - Mawlynnong - Shillong
      • 11th Jan - Shillong - Mawphlang - Mawphanlur
      • 12th Jan - Mawphanlur - Guwahati
      • 13th Jan - ???
      • 14th Jan - ???
      • 15th Jan - ???
      • 16th Jan - ???
      • 17th Jan - ???
      • 18th Jan - Leave Guwahati to Hyderabad

Pls let me know if any of the below mentioned places can be squeezed in.

- One night stay at Lumpongdeng Island - Cover / stay at Mawpdai, Dawki or Shnongpdeng, Mawphlang, Chandigre

Is this itinerary doable?

Pls advice.

Regards Sarathy

1 Answer Jan 1, 2016 at 8:20 PM
    • guwahati to shillong private car fare

Shillong Nov 25, 2015 at 9:30 AM

Would like to know the fare in a private Sumo/similar vehicle for Guwahati to Shillong.
      We will be 6 adults.so a car that can accommodate 6 adults is required, not a 4 seater.
      Also like to know if buses are available for same route and its fare.

2 Answers Nov 26, 2015 at 6:37 AM
    • spending at Shillong

Shillong Nov 19, 2015 at 4:14 AM

dear all , tell me about the costs to staying in Shillong during this december? tell me also the places of interest and the off beat also which are not mostly visited by the travellers?

thanks,
      pran.

4 Answers Nov 20, 2015 at 12:17 AM
    • guwahati airport to shillong

Shillong Oct 26, 2015 at 2:24 AM

what would be the private taxi fare from taxi fare from guwahati airport to shillong?
      No. of passengers - 6 adults

2 Answers Nov 25, 2015 at 9:25 AM
    • weather in early june

Shillong May 29, 2015 at 12:58 AM

i am traveling to shillong. will be there from the 7th of june to 12th of june, would like to know how the weather is during those days, other than it rains i dont know much.

1 Answer May 29, 2015 at 8:04 AM
    • Do we need warm clothing for shillong

Shillong May 28, 2015 at 5:33 AM

Hi, we are visiting Shillong and cherrapungi 1-6JUN 2015 with kids of age 3,6,9 years. Do we need to carry warm clothings in this time frame? Looking at google it seems we should not need. But not sure about evenings.

Any advice from familiar people?

Thanks
      Akhil

2 Answers May 29, 2015 at 8:06 AM
    • garo hills

Tura May 16, 2015 at 10:42 PM

can anyone give me details about trekking in nokrek national park?

1 Answer May 17, 2015 at 5:53 AM
    • Shillong-Cherrapunji trip with family and 3 kids (8yrs, 4yrs old)

Shillong May 3, 2015 at 7:56 AM

Hi,

1. How is the weather in Shillong Cherrapunji in 1st week of June? Can we travel with kids of 8 years and 4 years age? Will rain be a problem?
      2. Any good hotels for stay with kids that can serve good food (preferably rice and if possible south Indian)?
      3. Good itinerary? We plan to just visit two shillong, cherrapunji and around like water falls, gardens and lakes so that we come back to our hotel and relax without moving between multiple hotels.

3 Answers May 4, 2015 at 3:11 AM
    • needle of tatting

Shillong Sep 19, 2014 at 7:43 PM

where to go to get the needle in shillong/

4 Answers Sep 20, 2014 at 12:25 AM
    • Request for Itinerary

Shillong Aug 7, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Planning for a visit to NE (Total 15 days, Starting at Guwahati- Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Guwahati-Bhalukpong-Bomdilla-Tawang-Dirang-Nameri-Pobitora-Kaziranga-Guwahati) including Shillong and Cherrapunjee. Reaching Guwahati on Oct 18 By 2:00p.m. Wishing to cover maximum places in Cherrapunjee and Shillong from Oct 19 to Oct 21. There are 4 adults and 2 kids. Appreciate if anyone could suggest a Itinerary for Shillong / Cherrapunjee for 3days/ 4days.
      Thanks

3 Answers Aug 7, 2014 at 10:00 PM
    • Shillong to Agartala

Shillong Jul 13, 2014 at 5:41 AM

shared taxi or local bus what options? How long does it take....or is it better to catch a train from Silchar....having gone to silchar by bus from Shillong?

1 Answer Jul 13, 2014 at 5:54 AM
    • tour plane

Shillong Jun 11, 2014 at 11:32 PM

please give me a tour plan of shillong & kajiranga for 5 days during december from guwahati to guwahati

2 Answers Jun 12, 2014 at 1:50 AM
    • safety in meghalya

State of Meghalaya May 22, 2014 at 4:25 AM

Is safety an issue for tourists travelling alone in Meghalaya , particularly shillong and close by villages?

5 Answers May 23, 2014 at 9:30 PM
    • Trip to shilong with parents, husband & 12 yrs old son on the end of July.

Shillong Apr 25, 2014 at 3:19 AM

Hi, m planning to visit shilong with my husband ,parents & my 12 yrs old son on the end of July (at Eid ul Fiter) vacation.We'll start from Dhaka to shylet then cross tamabil boarder.W'ld u pls help me to know abt my following quarries :
      1.how will b the weather that time?
      2. Could you suggest some safe and budget hotels? I don't need luxury ... just to stay there comfortably.
      3. how i'll get the help for site seeing?
      4. As we will come by bus route so how we will reach safely in shilong?

Appreciate an early response.

Regards
      Firoza.
      Dhaka, Bangladesh

9 Answers May 6, 2014 at 9:18 PM
    • Route from silong to Lamding

Shillong Jul 17, 2013 at 9:21 AM

How I go Silong to Lamding by bus or car directly

5 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 2:32 AM
    • VEG FOOD ?

Shillong Sep 15, 2012 at 9:03 PM

I AM PURE VEG FOOD TAKEN..CAN I GET VEG. FOOD IN MEGHALAYA? SHILONG ?I WANT TO TRAVEL THIS MONTH END..THANKS. ( WHICH TYPE VEG FOOD GET..? )

1 Answer Sep 16, 2012 at 3:15 AM
    • RohitB's Profile Photo

meghalaya and nagaland

Shillong Sep 12, 2012 at 2:23 AM

HI
      We plan to visit Meghalaya and Nagaland from Dec 3 to 18, 2012. Please help make an itinerary for us
      thanks
      rohit

8 Answers Sep 14, 2012 at 10:49 PM
    • A short trip to Shillong

Shillong Mar 18, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I might have to make a short trip to Shillong (5-6 days( in the month of May. Could you please tell me the safest way to do this trip within a proper budget.

Could you suggest some safe and budget hotels? I don't need luxury ... just to stay there comfortably.

1 Answer Mar 19, 2012 at 9:12 PM
    • assam , meghalaya tour

Shillong Jan 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM

SIR,
      I AM PLANNING TO VISIT ASSAM AND MEGHALAYA IN THE FIRST WEEK OF MARCH. WILL REACH GUWAHATI ON THE 3RD AND WILL PROCEED TO KASIRANGA ON THE 4TH. STAY AT BOTH THE PLACES HAVE BEEN ARRANGED. WILL START FOR SHILLONG FROM KASIRANGA AT AROUND 12 NOON ON THE 5TH. WE ARE A GROUP OF SIX AND WE ARE PLANNING TO STAY AT SHILLONG FOR A DAY(MARCH 5) AND ALSO ONE DAY AT CHERRAPUNJEE HOLIDAY RESORT.(MARCH 6). HAVE ALREADY DONE THE BOOKING AT CHERRAPUNJEE AND AM PLANNING TO BOOK AT ORCHID HOTEL AT SHILLONG WHICH OFFERS BUDGET STAYS. I READ AN ARTICLE YOU WROTE ON THIS SITE AND I ALSO STUDIED SOME DETAILS FROM THE NET. I KINDLY REQUEST YOU TO HELP ME CHART OUT A TRIP COVERING ALL THE TOURIST SPOTS AROUND SHILLONG AND CHERRAPUNJEE , INCLUDING ALL THE FALLS, AND ALSO KEEPING IN MIND THAT WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO REACH GUWAHATI ON THE NIGHT OF MARCH 7.I HAVE ASKED A FRIEND OF MINE IN GUWAHATI TO ARRANGE A SUMO OR SOME OTHER VEHICLE FOR THE ENTIRE TRIP SO THAT WE CAN COVER MAX.PLACES. I KNOW YOUR EXPERIENCE WILL BE REAL HELPFUL IN EVERYWAY.

HOPE YOU'LL OBLIGE,
      THANKING YOU,
      JOHNSON, KERALA.

2 Answers Jan 23, 2012 at 4:16 AM
    • Travel plan of Shillong with wife and 2 years daughter

Shillong Dec 12, 2011 at 1:56 AM

Would anyone please help me to make a travel plan for 3/4 nights at Shillong or adjacent area to have a relax & pleasure trip with my wife and 2 yrs daughter!!

I'll start from Dhaka. And I willing to visit in January/February. Also please suggest me what time (which month in the year) will be perfect for visiting Shillong.

Thank you.

Regards,
      Sayem

6 Answers Dec 29, 2011 at 5:31 AM
    • Fishing in Shillong?

Shillong Jun 3, 2011 at 11:56 PM

I plan to visit Shillong from 10th Jun for about 10 days. Are there any good places for fishing close to the town? Also how is the weather going to be in those days? I have read that by end June the rains start. So should we schedule a visit to Sohra at the end of our stay. Is there any problems during the rains. Appreciate an early response.

7 Answers Jun 6, 2011 at 8:26 AM
    • 2 day trip out of shillong

Shillong May 25, 2011 at 6:25 AM

I am planning to visit Shillong from 07th Jun till 15th Jun with wife and 3 year old daughter. I would like to know if there is a suitable destination for a 2 day trip from Shillong which we could squeeze in, during this period? Also does the city shut down very early in the evening?

1 Answer May 28, 2011 at 2:30 AM
    • tour tura

Tura Mar 23, 2011 at 10:25 AM

i want to go to tura but i dont know anyone in tura. plz tell me your suggestion for 3 day stay at tura that should be safe and cheap.

1 Answer Mar 30, 2011 at 7:03 AM
    • Is August 1st week a good time to be there in Shillong ?

Shillong Apr 22, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Guys,

I will be in India in August 1st week and was thinking of spending 4-5 days in Shillong .. I was just wondering how the weather will be during the those time in the year .. Will it be still monsoon there ? Do u recommend to go there ? Primary reason to go there is to relax and enjoy the natural beauty and the mountains ..

Thanks,

Ranjan

6 Answers Oct 22, 2016 at 4:54 AM
    • Guwahati to Shillong

State of Meghalaya Aug 23, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Are there shared taxis to Shillong from Guwahati Railway Station? If so, where do I find them?

1 Answer Sep 25, 2010 at 6:55 AM
    • Cherrapunjee

State of Meghalaya Aug 16, 2009 at 1:38 AM

How much time does it take from Shillong to Cherrapunjee and back? Can one do it in a day or does it require overnight stay at Cherrapunjee?

4 Answers Sep 25, 2010 at 7:43 AM
    • Gawahati to Shillong

State of Meghalaya Jan 12, 2007 at 3:28 PM

Can anyone comment on the ground transportation between these two places? The internet says there are bus and taxi links. Are they reliable, and what's the price?

1 Answer Jan 12, 2007 at 11:42 PM
    • Place to see?

Shillong Sep 13, 2006 at 4:49 AM

Hi fellow VTs!

Can anubody guide me as to what all are the places to see in shillong?

Partha

1 Answer Sep 20, 2010 at 9:09 AM
    • Ibiza_Nino's Profile Photo

chassing the monsoon

State of Meghalaya Jul 4, 2006 at 4:11 PM

I have been following the monsoon,a bit,in India and spent over 1 month in Shilong and Cherrapungi 3 times,also in Goa,Kerala,a bit in Mumbai
      Has anybody have some experience in monsoons in India.?