change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Swimming & Beaches in/near Kochi ?

Kochi Nov 30, 2016 at 12:49 AM

I am planning to visit Kochi next autumn and having looked at the beach photos on Google Earth, I am not sure this is a great place to swim. Can anyone advise me about the beaches in the area and which ones are attractive and good for swimming ?

Also is Kochi a good place to stay in the Kerala area or should I be looking elsewhere in the area ? I like beach and places of interest as a holiday mix. Planning to stay 10 days

more

Kochi to Munnar ?

Munnar Nov 30, 2016 at 4:51 AM

How does one get to Munnar from Kochi, and then onward to Thekkady ?

more

Kochi to Munnar ?

Munnar Nov 30, 2016 at 4:51 AM

How does one get to Munnar from Kochi, and then onward to Thekkady ?

5 Answers Dec 1, 2016 at 8:59 AM

Swimming & Beaches in/near Kochi ?

Kochi Nov 30, 2016 at 12:49 AM

I am planning to visit Kochi next autumn and having looked at the beach photos on Google Earth, I am not sure this is a great place to swim. Can anyone advise me about the beaches in the area and which ones are attractive and good for swimming ?

Also is Kochi a good place to stay in the Kerala area or should I be looking elsewhere in the area ? I like beach and places of interest as a holiday mix. Planning to stay 10 days

4 Answers Nov 30, 2016 at 5:41 PM
    • Places and resorts in Wayanad

State of Kerala Oct 28, 2016 at 6:11 AM

I like to explore Wayanad next month with my friends(a team of 5 members). Can anybody suggest me the best places to see? Also like to know about the activities like hiking & trekking in Wayanad. Kindly suggest me a good budget resort to stay as well. I prefer a plantation resort or a guest house in forest. Please help.

Thanks

2 Answers Nov 7, 2016 at 9:17 PM
    • poepat's Profile Photo

Best Beaches Locations

Kochi Sep 7, 2016 at 1:13 PM

Hi, we are thinking of visiting Kochi in early March next year, travelling from KL. WE have never visited India before, so this will be a taster for us.
      We have about seven days in all here.
      We are looking for advice on the best areas to stay, best beaches to visit and any general information.
      We obviously love beach life but also nature, city living and also engaging with locals away from the tourist traps.
      Any advice would be gratefully received.
      Many thanks
      POEPAT

2 Answers Oct 20, 2016 at 8:29 AM
    • Airport to overnight in Cochin or straight to Munnar?

Munnar Aug 25, 2016 at 1:46 PM

We are arriving in Cochin directly from the US for a 5-night/6-day visit. To overcome or reduce fatigue from jet lag, is it advisable to break journey for an overnight's stay in Cochin OR proceeding directly to Munnar (2 nights), Kumarakom (1 night), Alleppey houseboat (1 night), and catching Cochin on the 5th/last night before catching an 8 am flight on the 6th day?

Thank you.

6 Answers Aug 31, 2016 at 4:20 AM
    • Cab from Kochi Airport to Munnar- Please intimate

Munnar Aug 4, 2016 at 3:38 AM

Hi ,

I am travelling from Munnar to Kochi Airport on 15th August. I will be reaching to Kochi Airport by 15th August 10 AM in the morning. Since the cab fares are quite high from Kochi to Munnar due to charging on return journey as an inclusion - I would like to offer my cab from Kochi airport to Munnar on a reasonable fare.

Please feel free to contact me on +91 8879390047 or drop a note to anigam1184@gmail.com

1 Answer Aug 4, 2016 at 3:43 AM
    • SELF DRIVING

State of Kerala Jun 5, 2016 at 8:32 AM

Is it safe to self drive a car from kochi to munaar and various location in june..I am from delhi and going to kerala for 4 days and taking car on rent for 600 rs/day.

6 Answers Jul 30, 2016 at 3:56 PM
    • Manipulating original price tag

Varkkala May 2, 2016 at 11:29 AM

I went to this shop sea rock in Varkala beach which is near to coffee temple café and close to Helipad in Varkala Trivandrum district -695141 Kerala state. In India I have known that every product is selled in M.R.P(Maximum Retail Price) But here the price of these product are been manipulated by their own price by putting a barcode label over it and they are charging double than the actual price which is really unfair and when I asked about it they started to abuse me. They said buy if you want we didn’t call you .This is how it works They are charging 100 to 150 rupees more than the actual price . Even they charge 5Rs extra for water, Kwalityicecream they charge 50Rs when the actual price is 30Rs.all food items they are charge 100Rs to 150Rs extra for Cashew, Dates, pista etc………. The cosmetic are also priced double than the actual price

I am an Indian maybe these shops are open for foreign customers who come for short period.But still it is against the law.

7 Answers May 3, 2016 at 10:43 AM
    • Lalo27's Profile Photo

Scooter rental in Kochi

State of Kerala Dec 30, 2015 at 12:34 AM

I will be in Kochi in January 2016 and would like to rent a scooter for a full month. Anyone has some reliable addresses and prices? Thank you

4 Answers Mar 29, 2016 at 11:49 AM
    • Need Advice on trip to Kerala in Jan'16

Munnar Dec 22, 2015 at 3:11 AM

Hello All,

I will be in Kerala around last week of Jan'16. Just confused about the places to visit in Kerala. Most probably it will be a week's tour. So, don't know how to split the places. Also any good agency who can help me getting into the places. Actually, I am keen on visiting some unknown places like you know, the places which people don't go often. The 'most visited or famous or tourist' kind of places. Just to explore the new places. Kindly help me. Don't wanna have a packed tour.. looking forward to a freelance tour. Hope I can get help..
      Thank you.

11 Answers Apr 25, 2016 at 7:17 AM
    • tarun7787's Profile Photo

New Year Eve Party

Kovalam Dec 15, 2015 at 10:03 PM

Can anyone suggest good party options for new year eve in Kovalam. Is there a specific beach party? Can these be prebooked?

Also would the new year eve scene be better in Trivandrum than Kovalam?

• GypsySoulad8's Profile Photo

Help! Colombo to Kerala to Goa?

Thiruvananthapuram Nov 28, 2015 at 11:13 PM

Hello, My friend and i are traveling to Sri Lanka/India for the 1st time December -Jan. We will fly in and out of Colombo. We want to visit Kandy,Kerala & Goa.

We were told there was a ferry that would transport us from Colombo to Goa but I cant find any up to date information:(. Also, We were told about the train between Kerala and Goa.

1.)What is the best type of seating for price and comfort?
      2.)How much is the train ?
      3.) All of the tours for Kandy and Kerala seem really expensive to book online. How easy is it to book a tour or sight see once we arrive?

Sorry so long! Any info would be great! especially website links

6 Answers Nov 30, 2015 at 11:07 PM
    • lukra683's Profile Photo

5 day family trip to Kerala

Kochi Oct 25, 2015 at 8:37 PM

Hello,

I'm planning to take my parents who are residing in Vijayawada on a 5-6 day holiday trip to Kerala from 16th November. I'm finding it difficult to plan for this as there is so much information from tour companies online but I want to hear from people who went on a short holiday to Kerala. I love nature so I would like to take my parents to somewhere in Kerala where we can see nature and enjoy the serenity. Can I also get an opinion on whether I should buy the south india and kerala lonely planet guide or not? Any suggestions based on your experience will be helpful to me at this stage. Thank you very much!

2 Answers Oct 26, 2015 at 9:18 AM
    • Motorbike in munnar

Munnar Oct 21, 2015 at 1:57 AM

We are planning to rent a motorbike. Is it safe to travel on a bike in munnar consiering the terrain. Is club mahindra accessible by bike.?

3 Answers Nov 10, 2015 at 10:43 PM
    • zorikontar's Profile Photo

1 day staying

Kochi Oct 12, 2015 at 10:50 PM

Could anyone give me some advice for spending 1 day in kochi? I like street food and touristic streets with souvenir shops. Thank you

6 Answers Oct 16, 2015 at 3:21 AM
    • dazbaldy's Profile Photo

kerala..cherai beach

Ernakulam Sep 24, 2015 at 3:01 AM

Hi we are going to stay on cherai beach..are there any restaurants on this beach please

6 Answers Oct 26, 2015 at 10:19 AM
    • Weather in Kerala

Kochi Sep 23, 2015 at 5:49 PM

Hi, I've booked a holiday from the 23rd October - 6th November for 2 weeks in Kerala, staying in Munnar, Varkala, not sure about the rest yet! I'm a bit concerned as I'm hearing mixed things about the weather... I'm taking my daughter and was planning on a sunshine break! What is the rain like at this time, I don't want it to spoil our time here... Starting to wish I booked a different time, anyone been at this time? Thanks in advance!!

3 Answers Oct 9, 2015 at 12:05 AM
    • Weather in Kerala late October, early November

State of Kerala Sep 23, 2015 at 5:46 PM

Hi,

Ive booked a holiday in Kerala from 23rd October - 6th November, staying in Fort cochin, Munnar, Varkala, not sure where else! Im just a bit concerned about weather, I booked as I was recommended to go from October but Im reading mixed things. Can anyone help with what the weather is actually like? I was hoping for sunshine! Im taking my daughter and don't want the trip to be spoiled by rain…Thank you in advance. Also any tips on where to stay or restaurants or anything not to be missed would be much appreciated! Thanks again

2 Answers Sep 26, 2015 at 7:53 AM
    • Trip to Munnar

Munnar Sep 15, 2015 at 3:23 AM

I’m visiting Munnar from Mumbai during my December vacation with my friends. We will land in Cochin airport and from there we will be directly heading to Munnar. It’s a 3 day trip and we have arranged a rental car in Cochin from Flaneur Cabs for our trip. What are the places that can be covered in 3 days? How much will it all cost to stay in Munnar (including stay in 3 star or deluxe hotels, cost of sightseeing and food)? I would be grateful if I could hear from you. Thanks!

2 Answers Oct 19, 2015 at 11:47 PM
    • Thekkady or Munnar?

Alappuzha Sep 14, 2015 at 5:42 AM

Hey guys!! I’m so happy and excited as my marriage will be on next month. I’m eagerly waiting for the day. We have planned to go to honeymoon in Kerala’s most beautiful places which we still haven’t made a decision. We have booked a cab in Cochin as we will be landing at Cochin airport and from there we are planning to go to either Munnar or Thekkady. Can anyone help me to decide which place should we go for honeymoon? I would be looking forward for your comments and suggestions. Thanks!!

5 Answers Oct 19, 2015 at 11:51 PM
    • transport from cochin airport to varkarla

Kochi Sep 6, 2015 at 1:36 AM

my friend and I will be arriving at Cochin airport on 16/11/15 at 07.50, we are travelling to Varkarla. does anyone know if it is possible to get a bus from the airport to Varkala? if not what is the best budget way to travel
      Thanks

1 Answer Sep 6, 2015 at 1:47 AM
    • Is it worthwhile to visit Trivandrum?

Thiruvananthapuram Aug 29, 2015 at 10:48 PM

I shall be going to Allepey and debating if to visit Trivandrum?
      Please advise
      Thanks
      Meir

6 Answers Aug 30, 2015 at 4:05 PM

costs in Kerala

State of Kerala Jul 21, 2015 at 2:19 AM

Hi ,
      Just need a bit of help on the costs in Kerala so i can have an idea of how much money to take so can anyone tell me the prices please of eating out and drinks and any other things you might know in Ruppee's please
      Many Thanks

3 Answers Oct 20, 2015 at 3:06 AM

alcohol in kerala

State of Kerala Jul 13, 2015 at 6:24 AM

is it true that kerala is alcohol free state ?

6 Answers Jul 21, 2015 at 9:10 AM
    • Which resort should I choose in Kumarakom ?

State of Kerala Jul 3, 2015 at 2:38 AM

Hello,

I am trying to decide between different resorts in Kumarakom for 2 nights stay. This is a quick family trip. Basic focus is on beautiful property and good food. I checked prices of different properties seems like, I can have option to go with Abad Whispering Palms and Backwater Ripples.
      If I check reviews, Abad Whispering Palms have mixed reviews and looks ok. While Backwater Ripples looks dated in comparison to Abad (I checked pictures on Trip Advisor).
      Please help me to decide, which one can I go with. Checking their pictures is not helping me. Local DE and people who stayed there, should be able to give me more insight.

Regards

5 Answers Aug 5, 2015 at 3:17 AM
    • mahak.hira03's Profile Photo

Houseboat stay

Kochi Jun 16, 2015 at 12:44 AM

which route is best for houseboat journey

2 Answers Oct 15, 2015 at 2:09 AM

houseboat stay in kerala

Kochi Jun 15, 2015 at 9:41 PM

from where should i take house boat in kerala for 1 night. kollam or allepey?

9 Answers Nov 7, 2016 at 11:40 PM

trip for 4 days

Kochi Jun 5, 2015 at 11:37 PM

i am visiting there in november

2 Answers Sep 29, 2015 at 11:25 PM

trip for 4 days

Kochi Jun 5, 2015 at 10:33 PM

I was planning that I will reach kochi at 8 pm so I leave for munnar in night only then i roam munnar one day, stay there at night then next day( 2nd day) I leave for thekkady and they stay there for whole day and night and thn agiain next day (3rd day) leave for allepey, stay in house boat (12 noon to 9 am) and after this leave for verkala.enjoy in beach for whole evening and night and again leave for kochi airport late night or early morning for flight at 6 am.Is this feasible???

plan a trip for 4 days

Kochi Jun 5, 2015 at 9:46 PM

I want to visit Kerala for 4 days and I want to see allepey, munnar, thekkady and verkala beach. please help me out in planning my trip