Travel Answers
State of Karnataka

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Where to go near Bangalore International Airport between 10.30 am and 2.10 pm?

Bangalore Nov 7, 2016 at 2:56 PM

I will be landing in Bangalore airport at 10.30 am on 10 December. Between 10.30 am and 2.10 pm is there any nearby tourist destination i can visit without staying in an external hotel? I will be carrying one luggage and one sling bag.

If there is no tourist destination nearby the airport, do you recommend me to change my itinerary and add one more domestic flight from Bangalore to another Indian airport like Coimbatore and from Coimbatore to Chennai airport before arriving in Hyderabad airport for flight to Singapore at 1.40 am on 11 December?

Is there a transit hotel inside the arrival section of Bangalore airport?

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

How do tourists pay in cash in India now?

Bangalore Nov 12, 2016 at 6:19 AM

Can i know under the currency crisis in India, how do tourists get and pay in cash to the shops and taxi drivers in India? How long will it take for tourists to get the new 500 Indian Rupee and 2000 Indian Rupee notes? I will be in Bengaluru on 8 December before moving on to Hyderabad, Chennai and Coimbatore, and i do not want to meet the same problems of paying in cash in these cities.

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

How do tourists pay in cash in India now?

Bangalore Nov 12, 2016 at 6:19 AM

Can i know under the currency crisis in India, how do tourists get and pay in cash to the shops and taxi drivers in India? How long will it take for tourists to get the new 500 Indian Rupee and 2000 Indian Rupee notes? I will be in Bengaluru on 8 December before moving on to Hyderabad, Chennai and Coimbatore, and i do not want to meet the same problems of paying in cash in these cities.

29 Answers Dec 2, 2016 at 3:40 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Where to go near Bangalore International Airport between 10.30 am and 2.10 pm?

Bangalore Nov 7, 2016 at 2:56 PM

I will be landing in Bangalore airport at 10.30 am on 10 December. Between 10.30 am and 2.10 pm is there any nearby tourist destination i can visit without staying in an external hotel? I will be carrying one luggage and one sling bag.

If there is no tourist destination nearby the airport, do you recommend me to change my itinerary and add one more domestic flight from Bangalore to another Indian airport like Coimbatore and from Coimbatore to Chennai airport before arriving in Hyderabad airport for flight to Singapore at 1.40 am on 11 December?

Is there a transit hotel inside the arrival section of Bangalore airport?

8 Answers Nov 10, 2016 at 8:52 PM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Where can i visit in Bangalore for 1.5 days?

Bangalore Oct 1, 2016 at 4:06 AM

What can i see i Bangalore for 1.5 days? Air India early arrives in Bangalore on 8 December at 1 pm plus. I will fly to Hyderabad on 9 December after 4 pm.

7 Answers Oct 13, 2016 at 11:35 PM
    • TRANSPORT FROM GOA TO HAMPI

Hampi Sep 23, 2016 at 8:35 AM

As part of an extensive first time trip to India we are considering adding Hampi to our itinerary We would arrive around 6th or 8th Nov an I am concerned about transport from Goa Our original plan was to take an overnight bus from Goa run by Paulo Travels or taking a train the Howrah Express (does not run on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays). We would take a train Vasco De Gama station (Goa at 7:20 AM in Goa and reach Hospet (closest station to Hampi 20kms away) at 2PM Are there other train options ? It was suggested to definitely take an overnight bus back to Goa where we intend to go to Kerala The reason it was suggested to take the bus over the trains is the trains originate from Kolkata (36 hours away from Hospet) so they often late and at times can be very dirty too. However I have checked reviews of Paulo Travel and they are very bad We are in our sixties and there is a limit to what discomfort we can take Is there any other private/public overnight bus service to Hampi from Goa I can't find anything on the internet but thought someone living there or having recently gone there might know of a service In some other post I seen a reference to an overnight train but can't find any details  Any adice on alternative trains would be appreciated .If we get suitable transport does anyone know where the nearest hospital is located I carry an EPI pen because of severe allergic reaction to something which they have been medically unable to identify In the extremely unlikely event of having to use it my doctor has said I would need to attend a hospital Hampi sounds like a place that we would love so it would be great if we could work out the logistics I have got so much help from Virtual Tourist forums in the past that I really hope that we could find the best logistical solution Thanks in advance for any help and advice you can give

7 Answers Sep 24, 2016 at 5:10 AM
    • SyedHidayath's Profile Photo

Best Places to Visit in Coorg?

Bangalore Sep 14, 2016 at 11:37 PM

Suggest me some best places to visit in Coorg?

2 Answers Sep 23, 2016 at 10:42 PM
    • PANDAVAPURA

Pandavapura Sep 13, 2016 at 10:14 AM

can someone give me info on pandavapura? has anyone been there? can u tell what the place is about?

1 Answer Sep 13, 2016 at 10:23 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Travel to Lalbargh Park from JuSta Bangalore MG Road

Bangalore Jul 16, 2016 at 9:38 PM

Does anyone know how long it takes by car to reach Lalbargh Park from JuSta Bangalore MG Road hotel?

1 Answer Jul 17, 2016 at 10:32 PM
    • INPUTS ON MY TRIP TO HAMPI

Hampi Jul 1, 2016 at 1:35 AM

Dear Reader,

We two adults are planning trip to Hampi in mid September 2016. We plan to reach Hampi from Mumbai via Kolhapur( after spending couple of days there) and stay Anegundi. From Anegundi we hsall cover Hampi for 2 days. Then we proceed to Badami and spend one night covering Badami and Aihole with PAttadakal. From Badami we shall move to Bijapur and then take flight to Mumbai from Hubli. Any inputs or suggestions on this plan?

2 Answers Jul 1, 2016 at 4:27 AM
    • B&B Sabala Heritage Home at Bijapur India

Bijapur Jun 19, 2016 at 1:29 AM

Who could give me the website or email address of the Sabala Heritage Home B&B in Bijapur India.
      I can't find it.

Many thanks for your help

1 Answer Jun 19, 2016 at 1:43 AM
    • Trip to mangalore and udupi

Mangalore Jun 13, 2016 at 1:54 AM

Hi , We are trying to travel to mangalore on 2nd and 3rd of july 2016.. I heard it will be rainy. So Can I get some updates regarding these things i.e., 1)Will it be raining heavily? 2) Will we be allowed to beach or any river places? 3)Can we see all places that we planned? like panambur, saint maris island, malpe etc.. Finally Will we be stuck in rain and miss seeing places?

2 Answers Jun 14, 2016 at 5:27 AM
    • What is the quantity of olive oil I can bring from Italy to India (In check -in-baggage)?

Bangalore May 25, 2016 at 4:04 AM

As you aware in India the Olive oil is very costly and in Italy it is very less, So I plan to carry 5 liters of olive oil while going to India.

Is it possible to carry this much olive oil in my check in baggage also, is this can be included in the alcohol (allowable limit is 2 liters) or excluded???

please help me to find the answer for this issue. thanks a lot for your help in advance. have a great day

2 Answers May 26, 2016 at 12:50 AM
    • buses from Bijapur to Badami and from Badami to Hospet

Bijapur Apr 27, 2016 at 3:06 AM

Hello,

At what time is there a bus (or buses) from Bijapur to Badami
      and from Badami to Hospet.
      Nobody seems to know that.
      Many thanks

1 Answer May 2, 2016 at 11:55 PM
    • hotel accomodation

Bangalore Mar 15, 2016 at 9:34 PM

is there a good hotel near cubbon park

3 Answers Apr 7, 2016 at 11:39 PM
    • abhinavhere's Profile Photo

Bangalore(India) to 200-300km around on a motorbike trip

Bangalore Nov 6, 2015 at 12:47 PM

Hi
      Recently shifted to Bangalore and now planning to ride to some interesting place around so if any like minded traveller want to join me for the ride is most welcome. I am ok even if someone wants to sit as pillion on the back seat of the motorbike. I prefer riding slow and safely. Hill station is a preference or I am happy with any beautiful getaway. Can discuss and close on the destination. It will be a non luxury ride.

Keep Travelling and Stay blessed

2 Answers Nov 6, 2015 at 3:00 PM
    • Best Places In Karnataka

State of Karnataka Sep 28, 2015 at 2:46 AM

Hi, Karnataka is the beautiful destination to travel. Which are the best places to see in Karnataka?

1 Answer Oct 2, 2015 at 10:43 PM
    • ronkra's Profile Photo

When to travel?

Bangalore Sep 7, 2015 at 2:45 PM

When is the best time (season) to travel to Bangalore?

6 Answers Oct 13, 2015 at 11:28 AM
    • Coorg during May- June

Bangalore May 4, 2015 at 10:51 AM

Hello..

I'm planning to take a trip to Coorg, during the early weeks of June. Please suggest me if it's on season or not. I don't want to miss the beauty of the waterfalls, aroma of coffee beans and the lushy roads all around.

Thank you.

4 Answers Jul 10, 2015 at 2:06 AM
    • going to bangalore for studies

Bangalore Mar 23, 2015 at 7:40 AM

is bangalore city safe for me

5 Answers Oct 2, 2016 at 3:23 AM
    • travel.mania's Profile Photo

Good resturants in Banglore

Bangalore Feb 4, 2015 at 2:29 AM

I am going to Bangalore. Could anyone recommend for my good restaurants there.

5 Answers May 2, 2015 at 5:27 AM
    • Best itinerary and hotels reco for a roadtrip to Temples in Karnataka

State of Karnataka Dec 8, 2014 at 1:50 AM

Friends,

I plan to do a road trip covering the following places/temples - Belur, Halebid, Kollur, Horanadu, Udupi, Kattil, Dharmasthala, Kokke, Shringeri, Gokarna, Murudeshwar, Jog falls

I think this will be a 5-6 day trip.. please suggest the order of places to visit along with recommended hotels/places/homestay.. or pls help on any travelogue..

Truly appreciate the help. Thanks.

7 Answers Jul 10, 2015 at 2:08 AM
    • Visiting Coorg and stopping in Bangalore and Mysore for a few days each.

Bangalore Dec 7, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Hi!Everybody.I am travelling to Coorg in the last part of February and after having spent a week there would visit Mysore for three nights and then Bangalore two nights.Since we have never ventured that far South would be greatful if we could know the places to visit in all the three places.In Coorg we would be staying at theMahindra Resort in Medikeri.I understand it is a good place to stay.Please giveme all the finer tips of stay and eat local food.Most importantly what to do and see.
      Similarly what to do and see in both Mysore and Bangalore?Could you recommend some other places nearby.We would rather not spend time in the major cities.I am aware that in Mysore is the Krishansagar Lake and the Palace.
      I would be really greatful if we could visit another part of Coorg for a few days and not visit Bangalore,of which I am not too keen.Correct me if I am wrong.
      I look forward to hearing of some interesting places to see and do.
      Thanks!!
      Jayarep.

1 Answer Jan 14, 2015 at 11:11 AM
    • tour plan for mysore city for 3days

Mysore Oct 11, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Plz suggest 3 day relaxed tour plan of mysore . From 28 dec to 31 dec.

• Visiting Hampi in August

Hampi Aug 9, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Hi,
      I have tickets to and hotel reservations in Hampi for the August 15th - August 17th weekend.
      I've been reading news reports about the rains and flooding in Hampi and don't find them at all encouraging.
      I would like some information/updates/advice from people who've just visited Hampi so I can make any cancellations, if necessary in advance.
      Thanks for the help!

1 Answer Aug 9, 2014 at 6:55 AM
    • Will change in Middle and Last name be an issue with Spicejet ??

Bangalore Aug 4, 2014 at 5:36 AM

My wife's name while booking tickets has been given as Nancy Xavier, but as per her ID proofs it is Nancy Jennifer Anita. Will that be an issue with Spicejet ??

Waiting for your valuable comments ??

4 Answers Aug 5, 2014 at 12:44 AM
    • Good time to travel ?

Hampi Jul 31, 2014 at 4:28 AM

Is August 1st - 6th a good time to travel to Hampi? Can anyone give me details of the island located in/near Hampi?

5 Answers Aug 1, 2014 at 5:28 AM
    • good shopping places in bangalore

Bangalore Jul 23, 2014 at 12:24 AM

hay people in Bangalore and want to shop some good branded clothes at low cost may i know the places where i can get good branded clothes at really low cost???

4 Answers Aug 15, 2014 at 2:29 AM
    • Mode of transport

Mangalore Jun 18, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Mode of transport from taj gateway to mulki in mangalore

• some different places for shopping in bangalore?

Bangalore Jun 17, 2014 at 2:51 AM

mg road is known to everyone butt does anyone know a really unique or different place for shopping where we will get treditional clothes of Karnataka?

6 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 11:12 AM
    • Want to book a taxi

Mangalore Jun 2, 2014 at 5:32 AM

Hi, I will be travelling with my parents and two other relatives to Mangalore. Our itinerary will be Mangalore-Kukke Subramanya-Dharmasthala-Sringeri-Kollur Mookambika-Udupi-Mangalore. We are planning to take a taxi to travel and will be staying overnight at most of the places. Can someone please suggest a good travel agent/cab agency at Mangalore which can provide us services at reasonable rates. Thank you!!

1 Answer Jun 3, 2014 at 5:12 AM
    • Talakad Visit in June 2014 Enjoyable?

Bangalore Jun 2, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Hi, i am planning to visit talakad next week, June 6, 2014. Want to see the temples and enjoy bathing in the Cauvery river. Will there b enough water in the Cauvery river to take a bath and enjoy. Thanks

2 Answers Jun 2, 2014 at 11:15 PM