change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular State of Jammu and Kashmir Travel Answer Locations

• query regarding the current situation of Kashmir

Jammu Oct 3, 2016 at 9:12 PM

Is it safe for tourists now at kashmir? we r going on 15th of Oct,2016 , so i would like to know the present atmosphere of kashmir now.

3 Answers Oct 5, 2016 at 1:17 AM
    • Safety concern for Srinagar visit

State of Jammu and Kashmir Sep 22, 2016 at 3:47 AM

Hi, I am planning to travel to Srinagar on 1st October to attend a wedding. How safe is it to visit Srinagar in the current situation? Please advice. Thanks!

4 Answers Sep 23, 2016 at 3:36 AM
    • concern for the current situation in kashmir?

Srinagar Sep 1, 2016 at 9:56 AM

hi.. we will be travelling srinagar on 12th sep.2016 till 16th sep.2016.............we planned this trip 6 months back. Is it safe to visit on these dates or not???

3 Answers Sep 4, 2016 at 6:39 AM
    • Srinagar Tour on 7Aug 2016

State of Jammu and Kashmir Jul 25, 2016 at 5:02 AM

Hi I have Trip Planned on 7 Aug 2016 for Srinagar - Kashmir, This was planned 5 months ago. Please suggest any chances of Kashmir going back to Normal by that time as present situation was very much tense

2 Answers Jul 25, 2016 at 8:07 AM
    • manali - Leh - Nubra - Manali motorcycle trip

Leh Jul 21, 2016 at 6:51 PM

My name is Mustaq i live in UK, I am travelling to India this Aug, I am planning to visit Leh Nubra from manali on motorcycle.

current plan is like this

16th Aug Flight from Chennai to Chandighar and Taxi to Manali
      17th Aug Manali to Jispa 138 kms and stay there
      18th Aug 480 - Darcha – Zingzingbar - Baralacha La - Bharatpur - Sarchu - Gata Loops - Nakee La - Lachulung La - Pang - Tanglang La - Gya - Upshi - Karu - Leh
      19th Aug Leh to Nubra Valley Overnight stay at Diskit Hotel
      20th Aug "head Back to Manali may be Stay on the way sarachu/ Jispa not planned yet "
      21st Aug Taxi to Chandighar - Flight to Chennai

If anyone travelling on same dates and interested in joining me please contact me

3 Answers Jul 22, 2016 at 11:49 PM
    • kanu1lucknow's Profile Photo

Tourist safety in Kashmir

State of Jammu and Kashmir Jul 11, 2016 at 2:12 AM

In the present scenerio how safe is it to go to Kashmir ? We are planning a 7 days trip starting on 17TH July'16..

7 Answers Jul 22, 2016 at 6:27 PM
    • karan_14's Profile Photo

travel buddies

Leh May 27, 2016 at 5:40 AM

any couples going leh by road may join me i m planning in 1st june.We are two couples

1 Answer May 28, 2016 at 3:45 AM
    • shared cab katra to srinagar 14july2016

Jammu May 22, 2016 at 11:36 AM

I will be in Katra - Vaishno devi on this 13July with my wife.
      Moving to Srinagar next day - 14July.
      Looking for people to share the cab expense to Srinagar.
      Post here if your schedule matches.

2 Answers May 22, 2016 at 1:31 PM
    • Chandigarh to Leh?

Leh May 1, 2016 at 2:57 AM

I stay in mumbai. I will be catching a train for chandigarh on 1st july and will reach chadigarh the other day evening. Can anyone please tell how can I rech Skara, leh from there? And also do I need to book any of the bus tickets in advance?

2 Answers May 3, 2016 at 1:03 AM
    • visit J & K in august

Srinagar Apr 17, 2016 at 11:43 PM

Planning to visit J & K in august 2016. Is that the right time to go? I;m travelling with my husband and have plans of staying there for 7N/8D. First will be visiting Katra (2N ) for Vaishnodevi darshan and then will be proceeding to Srinagar (3N) followed by Pahalgam and finally to Patnitop. Need your advice

1 Answer Apr 25, 2016 at 5:40 AM
    • karan_14's Profile Photo

leh tripp anyone can join for 8 days.

Leh Apr 13, 2016 at 12:00 AM

We are 4-6 friends planning to leh via shimla or via srinagar by jeep/suvs( as not finalized the route) but will be on the way on 1st june if any one wana join may messege.The route will be maximum 8 days.Last year i went through srinagar .Just depends on the mood of group

1 Answer Apr 13, 2016 at 3:40 AM
    • Is it Safe to travel in Kashmir in June

Srinagar Mar 23, 2016 at 5:30 AM

We are planning to visit gulamarg on 4th JUNE, Pahelgam on 7th June & Srinagar on 10th June.
      How will be weather, will we able to see snow, will rain be there.

Please share your views.

2 Answers Mar 23, 2016 at 5:52 AM
    • Leh Ladakh visit

Leh Feb 8, 2016 at 10:56 PM

would it be ok to find out accommodation and conveyance on my own OR through tour operators. What would be the tentative cost of innova/vehicle from Leh to Pangong.

2 Answers Feb 17, 2016 at 3:11 PM
    • Ankita08's Profile Photo

Amenities at Pampore railway station.

Srinagar Oct 21, 2015 at 3:03 AM

What is the best thing to notice with arrival at Pampore Railway station? Can I have a look at the Saffron farming through train?

• Sonmarg floods

Jammu Oct 20, 2015 at 9:15 AM

Is sonmarg in  kashmir still beautiful to visit after 2015 floods

• Flood Alert in Kashmir

Srinagar Sep 23, 2015 at 11:37 PM

Hi friends
      I am visiting Srinagar on 27th of September. But due to heavy rain, flood has alerted. Can anyone update the present weather condition and is it advisable to visit Kashmir ....very confused. May I cancel the trip?? I am eagerly waiting for this trip for a long time....Please help and suggest

1 Answer Oct 15, 2015 at 1:36 AM
    • Chandigarh to Leh

Leh Aug 4, 2015 at 5:08 AM

Me and my friend are planing a road trip from chandigarh to leh on 15 aug 2015
      if any one wants to join , Most welcome , leave a message on 7508480744

1 Answer Aug 5, 2015 at 1:04 AM
    • Taxi Sharing

Leh Aug 1, 2015 at 10:53 PM

We're two women travelling by taxi planning to take a mid range(scorpio or innova)
      8th Aug-: Leh- Shey Palace-Thiksey- Hemis - Leh
      9th Aug : Leh- Khardungla- Diskit-Hundar and return to Leh on 10 th Aug.

Anyone looking to share a taxi on those days please do contact me by mail:

4 Answers Aug 27, 2015 at 7:08 PM
    • Leh trips route

Leh Aug 1, 2015 at 3:53 AM

We're landing on 7 Aug and Leaving on the 12 Aug.Can we do Nubra and Pangongso the same day.
      Does anyone have a not to miss list for 5 days, and the best halt other than Leh.

7 Answers Aug 27, 2015 at 7:07 PM

Leh Jul 27, 2015 at 5:11 AM

1 Answer Jul 27, 2015 at 5:42 AM
    • Weather in Leh in Aug 2015

Leh Jul 25, 2015 at 9:48 PM

Hi We're two women flying to Leh on 7 Aug 2015. Will the rains and weather around J&K affect our trip.

3 Answers Aug 27, 2015 at 7:06 PM
    • Leh Ladakh Trails in wilderness of Ladakh

State of Jammu and Kashmir Jul 23, 2015 at 11:40 PM

I am keen to travel to places in Ladakh other than Leh & Kargil ( much to one's chagrin they are now Touristy places with hordes of tourists swarming there. I encountered about 350 tourists from a single tour operator's minivans disgorging at same time in a monastery in Leh last year. Now I widh to go to Ladakh but to less crowdy place in wilderness. Please advice

2 Answers Jul 25, 2015 at 4:23 AM
    • MasayuAbdullah's Profile Photo

Taxi fare at Leh India

Leh Jun 21, 2015 at 7:23 PM

Hi, I plan traveling to Leh 11-17Sept 2015, and will travel alone. I will fly Delhi to Leh. I only book hotel via online and plan to arrange the tours only when i arrive Leh. Will it convenient to arrange the tours there like taxi / private jeep to Khardungla Top, Panggong & Nubra Valley. How much a full day car usage estimated cost. Thank you for your assistancesmiley

Regards, Masayu

10 Answers Aug 27, 2015 at 8:02 PM
    • beckyoctober's Profile Photo

Off the Beaten Track

Srinagar Jun 15, 2015 at 7:58 AM

Hello everyone!

Can anyone reccommend some surprising, unique things to see, do or people to meet in Srinagar?

I'm really interested in the history, real lives of people here and would especially like to hear ideas from people who have traveled there recently.

Thank you in advance everyone,

Becky smiley

2 Answers Jul 6, 2015 at 2:55 PM
    • Need suggestion on leh bike trip

Leh Jun 12, 2015 at 7:04 AM

Me and my husband planing to leh bike trip this July 2015 . We are going alone from Mumbai . is it good to go alone . If we have to join any group could you please suggest any group .
      Time - 11th July - 24 July 2015

4 Answers Jul 6, 2015 at 3:27 PM
    • Planning to Leh, India

Leh Jun 5, 2015 at 2:32 AM

I am planning to Leh with my friends and cousins in August 3rd week (15th to 22nd). is it fine to go in August?
      also my one of cousins is sensitive to weather like sometimes when there is a sudden change in the weather she will get fever and she has hyperthyroidism. is it fine for her to visit Leh??? please advise as I am very mush confused.

2 Answers Jun 6, 2015 at 5:17 AM
    • Road Trip Delhi-Srinagar-Leh-Srinagar-Delhi

Leh May 30, 2015 at 10:23 AM

Hi fellow travelers,

I along with two of my friends is planning a road trip in car from 4th June to 14th June. Since Manali Leh highway is supposed to be closed at that time, I am planning to return from the same path as we go. I am sharing with you guys my tentative itinerary, please point out if I have missed something important or being unrealistic in my planning.

Day 1(Thu):
      Noida-Pathankot/Patnitop(if possible)

Day 2(Fri):

Day 3(Sat):

Place to see:

Drass Valley
      Kargil War Memorial

Day 4(Sun):

Place to See:
      Mulbek Monastery
      Lamayuru Monastery
      Magnetic Hill

Day 5(Mon):
      Leh Around

Places to Go:

Pangong lake (Overnight stay)
      KhardungaLa Pass

Day 6(Tues):

Leh Around

Places to Go:
      Nubra valley
      Shanti Stupa

Day 7(Wed):
      Leh to Kargil/Drass

Alchi Monastery
      Moon landscape
      PatharSahab Gurudwara

Day 8(Thu):
      Kargil/Drass to Srinigar

Day 9(Fri):

Srinagar to PatniTop/PathanKot

Day 10(Sat)

Pathankot to Delhi

Day 11(Sun)
      Extra reserved day.

Thanks a ton in advance.
      Happy travelling... :) :)

5 Answers Jun 1, 2015 at 11:07 PM
    • Leh-Manali trip suggestions

Leh May 27, 2015 at 1:51 AM

Hi everyone. I am planning a short 10-12 days trip to Leh and Manali. I'll reach Delhi on 13 june. No plans ahead. I'll travel through road. Please suggest me :
      1- Which route i should take. Shrinagar-Leh-Manali or Manali-Leh-Shrinagar??
      2- If Shrinagar-Leh-Manali then where to stay overnight?? What are bus tumings and fares as I want to travel Shringar-Leh in daylight?

3- How to reach Leh via Kargil?? Where to stay overnight??
      4- What are main tourist attractions in Leh?? How much days I should stay Leh or Ladakh to cover main and important tourist attractions??
      5- Where to stay in Leh or Ladakh as my budget is limited??
      6- I want to do paragliding then which is best place Leh or Manali??,What is its cost??
      7- How to reach Manali via Keylong? What are bus timings and fares?
      8- I want to stay for 2 days in Manali. What are main tourist attractions and where to stay there in budget rents??

Also give me all additional information regarding this trip. I shall be grateful to you..

3 Answers May 31, 2015 at 7:14 PM
    • Hotel Mannat Resort and Grand Mumtaj

Srinagar May 23, 2015 at 1:21 AM

How is Hotel Mannat Resort for stay in srinagar? and how is Hotel Grand Mumtaj for stay in Pahelgam and Gulmarg