VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
State of Himachal Pradesh

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• ShaktiGal's Profile Photo

Macleod Ganj with Kids June toAug Budget hotel & Packing tips?

Dharamsala Dec 31, 2016 at 6:04 AM

I am travelling to Dharamsala in June with my two boys (9&11) and my older mom. We are staying for 3 months while I study in Bhagsu, but feel the boys and my mother may enjoy being closer to Macleod Ganj.

Any budget hotel suggestions that are kid friendly? Bhagsu vs. Macleod Gang?
      Packing suggestions for Monsoon season?
      Interesting places to volunteer/courses etc that would make this place fun for a 9 & 11 year old?

Thanks so much for any and all suggestions.
      Bobby

more
    • Query about Delhi-Manali.

Manali Dec 26, 2016 at 11:54 PM

I'm travelling to Manali for new year and I have a few questions I want answered asap.

1. I'm travelling with the HPTDC VOLVO AC bus which leaves from Himachal Bhawan in New Delhi in the evening. Is the bus good? And is the route safe to travel at night since it's a lot of fog in Delhi this year?
      2. I'll reach Delhi in the afternoon and since I have ample of time till evening, is there some place near Himachal Bhawan or in Connaught Place where I can store my luggage safely and explore Connuaght Place?

Awaiting early response.
      Thanks

more

Popular State of Himachal Pradesh Travel Answer Locations

• ShaktiGal's Profile Photo

Macleod Ganj with Kids June toAug Budget hotel & Packing tips?

Dharamsala Dec 31, 2016 at 6:04 AM

I am travelling to Dharamsala in June with my two boys (9&11) and my older mom. We are staying for 3 months while I study in Bhagsu, but feel the boys and my mother may enjoy being closer to Macleod Ganj.

Any budget hotel suggestions that are kid friendly? Bhagsu vs. Macleod Gang?
      Packing suggestions for Monsoon season?
      Interesting places to volunteer/courses etc that would make this place fun for a 9 & 11 year old?

Thanks so much for any and all suggestions.
      Bobby

1 Answer Dec 31, 2016 at 11:28 PM
    • Query about Delhi-Manali.

Manali Dec 26, 2016 at 11:54 PM

I'm travelling to Manali for new year and I have a few questions I want answered asap.

1. I'm travelling with the HPTDC VOLVO AC bus which leaves from Himachal Bhawan in New Delhi in the evening. Is the bus good? And is the route safe to travel at night since it's a lot of fog in Delhi this year?
      2. I'll reach Delhi in the afternoon and since I have ample of time till evening, is there some place near Himachal Bhawan or in Connaught Place where I can store my luggage safely and explore Connuaght Place?

Awaiting early response.
      Thanks

1 Answer Dec 27, 2016 at 7:17 AM
    • Yorrajiv's Profile Photo

Reaching McLeodgunj

McLeod Ganj Oct 11, 2016 at 4:53 AM

Is it safe to start from Pathankot for McLeodgunj late in the evening? I'm taking Himgiri Express, which often reaches Pathankot very late.

1 Answer Oct 15, 2016 at 3:40 AM
    • Rahamat's Profile Photo

Manali Trip in March 2017

Manali Aug 15, 2016 at 7:40 PM

I am planning to go to Manali in mid March 2017 and wish to know if this is the good time in terms of weather and what activities will be available. Is this a busy time? What sort of traffic is expected during this time.

2 Answers Aug 24, 2016 at 12:00 AM
    • Travelling from 9th july to 15th july

McLeod Ganj Jul 7, 2016 at 4:49 AM

Hi VTs,

I will be travelling to mcleodganj and planning to trek from 9th to 15th june.
      Please let me know if anyone is interested to join this trek with me.
      If not the trek we can still meet up:)

Let me know guys.

Regards,
      Prateek

• Is it good to travel manali in these days?

Manali Jul 6, 2016 at 8:01 AM

Please let me know if it is right to travel to manali from 7th t 10th of july.

3 Answers Jul 6, 2016 at 6:48 PM
    • want guidance by a localite of spiti or khazi

State of Himachal Pradesh Jul 3, 2016 at 1:21 AM

I am being continuously misguided by travel agencies at khaza. they r demanding a lot of money for bhaba pass trek.
      my question is can i get on the spot guide and helpers and trek instead for trekking via agencies

• Travel option from Pathankot railways Station to Dharamshala in night

McLeod Ganj Jun 28, 2016 at 2:17 AM

Hi,

I am travelling with my wife to pathankot. We will reach pathankot railway station by 6:30 PM. I just wanted to know if I can travel from Pathankot to Dharamshala same evening? What are all the travel options and is it safe?

Thanks
      Pratik

5 Answers Jul 9, 2016 at 6:22 AM
    • Rishiraw's Profile Photo

Looking for a travel mate to Visit Lahaul spiti valley (Chandrataal)

Manali Jun 27, 2016 at 6:16 AM

Hi,

Since past 2-3 years planning to visit the Chandratal in Lahual - Spiti valley, however, due to some or other reasons couldn't make it.
      This time I'm quite determined to visit it and have fixed the dates i.e. from 1st of July to 5th July.
      So, any one travelling to same destination, at the same period please let me know.
      If anyone interested can share the itinerary, so that I too can adjust accordingly.

Contact # 9910672485.

Regards!

2 Answers Jun 28, 2016 at 5:18 AM
    • Badusha's Profile Photo

manali in mid July

Manali Apr 27, 2016 at 3:56 AM

Is it Good time go to manali in July

2 Answers May 11, 2016 at 12:12 AM
    • svenky_123's Profile Photo

solo trip to Mcleodganj

McLeod Ganj Feb 18, 2016 at 10:19 AM

Hi,I am planning a solo week long trip to mcleodganj.Would love suggestions on things-to-do there and cheap value for money hotels.Would love to join a travel buddy whose solo like me !!!

3 Answers Feb 18, 2016 at 11:13 AM
    • Is it safe to go manali on 26jan2016

Manali Jan 20, 2016 at 2:33 AM

Is it safe to go manali on 26jan2016

1 Answer Jan 20, 2016 at 4:56 PM
    • is trekking possible in 1st week of feb

Manali Jan 10, 2016 at 9:49 AM

Advices for gears & trekking routes or such adventures 4 upcoming month of feb

• guide me for best adventures in manali at first week of the feb

Manali Jan 10, 2016 at 9:29 AM

I'm seeking for some peace & adventures in manali in first week of the feb with my friends. I know dat's most of thrills are off in this season but still I hope there will be a lot to do. Please share your experiences or some advices what to do,where to go ,where to enjoye,places to see. As much as info u can provide us .help! please.

2 Answers Jan 10, 2016 at 10:42 PM
    • safety manali earthquake

Manali Jan 5, 2016 at 9:22 PM

Hi..we r planning to travel to manali this feb... Recently I read articles which said Himachal Pradesh and its surrounding is in risk of earthquake..is it true? Is it safe to travel or not....

2 Answers Jan 6, 2016 at 12:47 AM
    • Solo Trip to Manali for Female

Manali Nov 28, 2015 at 12:30 AM

Hi guys, I had a trip planned with my fiancé to Manali during the New year. Unfortunately he can't make it due to circumstances and I am still contemplating on going ahead with the trip alone. The dates are 28th Dec till 2nd Jan.
      Is any ladies here planning for a solo trip or any advice for solo female travellers?

5 Answers Dec 4, 2015 at 6:14 AM
    • clubbers's Profile Photo

Visiting Manali in end of December 2015

Manali Nov 25, 2015 at 8:15 AM

Hi guys I am planning a solo trip ( single male) to manali and then to Kasol in December mid 2015.

Looking forward to your input and views, I am not looking for adventure or thrills but plan to sit back and relax with a few J's.

2 Answers Nov 25, 2015 at 11:33 AM
    • Filzer's Profile Photo

Manali trip during Nov end 2015

Manali Nov 17, 2015 at 9:56 PM

Hi guys.... would like to know few details about manali as im planning for a trip from 22nd to 25th Nov to Manali.

- Is there snowfall in manali during that period?
      - Is the road to Rohtang pass is closed.. is it possible to aces during November
      - Can we have snow activitse like skieing para gliding n all at solang valley as I heard this has been stopped due to green tribunal .

-Any precaution to take when travelling with a 2 year old kid

Expecting help n support from the team

Thanks
      Filzer

3 Answers Nov 28, 2015 at 6:25 PM
    • Ankita08's Profile Photo

Snowfall in feb

Manali Oct 26, 2015 at 2:51 AM

Can I experience heavy snowfall in Manali during the month of Feb? what would be the weather in Manali during this time?

5 Answers Dec 4, 2015 at 7:16 AM
    • trek to triund

McLeod Ganj Sep 24, 2015 at 1:13 AM

for a trek to triund should can we get the tents on the top? or do we have to carry it?

1 Answer Sep 24, 2015 at 2:54 AM
    • manali trip

Manali Sep 2, 2015 at 7:18 AM

should i opt for hotel with meals or without meals

5 Answers Sep 3, 2015 at 4:09 AM
    • solo travelling

Manali Aug 20, 2015 at 10:54 AM

hello.
      im thinking about a trekking expedition this October with technophilia.
      i am all alone
      would it be safe ?

any more solo traveller ?

1 Answer Aug 20, 2015 at 1:14 PM
    • manali during august

Manali Aug 7, 2015 at 12:40 AM

will it be safe to travel manali in august??

1 Answer Aug 7, 2015 at 1:05 AM
    • is it safe

Manali Jul 5, 2015 at 12:50 AM

Plz tell me tht is it Safe and best to travel in manali in the month of july 20, 2015 with Friends..???

3 Answers Jul 9, 2015 at 1:57 AM
    • Please help me plan this trip from Delhi to either Manali route or Leh route

Manali Jun 10, 2015 at 10:09 PM

Hi,

Me and my wife (from Hyderabad) planned this snowfall trip, and have no idea on the routes from Delhi.
      We have already blocked our dates & flights. We will be landing in Delhi on 11th July 10am. From there, I need a perfect plan to either Manali, Shimla, etc OR may be some other route probably Leh, Darjeeling, etc.
      My return flight is on 19th Noon from Delhi.

We need 2 days to visit Delhi & Agra, and So we just want 6 days planned with Must & Worth Seeing Places either in Manali route or best un explored wonderful places around snow hills.
      Any help appreciated.

5 Answers Jul 4, 2015 at 4:56 AM
    • Crowd in Manali

Manali Jun 1, 2015 at 10:53 PM

Is it too crowded in Manali right now ... i'll be there from 5th till 9th of june ... looking for peace and silence

1 Answer Jun 2, 2015 at 5:56 PM
    • per day cost

Manali Jun 1, 2015 at 10:32 AM

Hii. I am going to visit Shimla, Manali and Dharamshala in mid june. My trip duration will be around 8 days. I just want to know per day cost including travel, stay and food in these three places. I'll be staying in cheap or budget guest houses. What are the fares??

1 Answer Jul 16, 2015 at 11:29 PM
    • is it safe

Manali May 13, 2015 at 6:58 AM

is it safe travelling to shimla and manali on 16th of may ?? is there any chance of earthquake there in the next 5-6 days?

2 Answers May 13, 2015 at 8:09 AM
    • Any impact of earthquake in Kullu, manali & shimla?

Manali May 12, 2015 at 9:11 AM

Dear All,

Any impact of earthquake in Kullu, manali & shimla? i am travelling between May 14th 2015 to May 19th 2015.

Please suggest me.

Thanks,
      PC

2 Answers May 12, 2015 at 1:12 PM
    • samwax's Profile Photo

HiHi is Draft beer avalaible in manali ?? if so where ?? how much ?? thanks sam

Manali Apr 28, 2015 at 8:40 AM

Hi is Draft beer avalaible in manali ?? if so where ?? how much ?? thanks sam

4 Answers Apr 29, 2015 at 4:47 AM