change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• things to do in Saskatoon

Saskatoon Sep 27, 2016 at 8:56 PM

Hi Fellow VTers,
      was hoping you could give me a few pointers. My family of 7(age from 2 to 90) will be visiting Sakatoon for a couple of days in oct(around 12th or 14th). Can you recommend a few places to visit ? especially any advice on scenic drives to see the fall colours etc. or even nice tourism sites.
      unfortunately only there for 3 days(we are doing an 8 day tour of saskatoon, regina and winnipeg in that order).
      thank you for your help in advance.

• 2 week itinerary for Gaspesie tour

Gaspé Sep 27, 2016 at 8:30 AM

We are planning a visit to the Gaspesie region next summer - end of Aug/beginning of Sept. If we go in the beginning of September, will everything still be open? We will have our 2 year old son with us so we want to break up the driving into smaller chunks. We would also prefer to spend a few days in one place in Gaspe instead of moving from motel to motel. Can you please comment on this itinerary? Thanks!

Day 1: Leave from Quebec City. Visit Kamouraska. Stopover for the night in Matane.

Day 2: Visit Sainte-Anne-de-Monts. Arrive in Gaspé.

Day 3: Stay in Gaspé. Hiking in Forillon National Park.

Day 4: Stay in Gaspé. Visit Percé and Bonaventure Island. (Is one day enough time to visit the town of Percé and go out to Bonaventure Island or should I visit Percé one day and go out to Bonaventure Island on a second day?)

Day 5: Stay in Gaspé. Whale watching (Where near Gaspé is good for whale watching?)

Day 6: Stay in Gaspé. Beach (Which beaches are recommended?)

Day 7: Stopover in Chaleur Bay (What is a good town to stay in Chaleur Bay that is about halfway to Rimouski with lodging, restaurants, and beaches? Carleton-sur-Mer or Bonventure?)

Day 8: Stopover in Rimouski. Visit Bic National Park (Do I need a second day at Bic National Park?)

Day 9: Arrive in Quebec City

Day 10: Quebec City

Day 11: Return home.

• Birthday Sushi

Vancouver Sep 29, 2016 at 2:00 PM

I am looking for a good sushi place for my birthday dinner. Not too expensive, but definitely fresh and quality! And a good beer/wine selection, or cocktails.

• things to do in Oct

Regina Sep 27, 2016 at 8:56 PM

Hi Fellow VTers,
      was hoping you could give me a few pointers. My family of 7(age from 2 to 90) will be visiting regina for a couple of days in oct(around 12th or 14th). Can you recommend a few places to visit ? especially any advice on scenic drives to see the fall colours etc. or even nice tourism sites.
      unfortunately only there for 3 days(we are doing an 8 day tour of saskatoon, regina and winnipeg in that order).

• Is walking safe?

Toronto Sep 24, 2016 at 5:52 AM

In town on business with evenings off. Scored a couple tickets to the ball games this week. Is it safe to walk back to my hotel...the Sheraton...after the game?

• things to do

Winnipeg Sep 27, 2016 at 8:55 PM

Hi Fellow VTers,
      was hoping you could give me a few pointers. My family of 7(age from 2 to 90) will be visiting winnipeg for a couple of days in oct(around 12th or 14th). Can you recommend a few places to visit ? especially any advice on scenic drives to see the fall colours etc. or even nice tourism sites.

unfortuantely only there for 3 days(we are doing an 8 day tour of saskatoon, regina and winnipeg in that order).

• silab's Profile Photo

Quebec city

Quebec Sep 25, 2016 at 6:20 PM

Hello Friends
      Will be in the first week of new year 2017.
      Was thinking about best western plus city center 330 de la couronne. What are your recommendations anout this hotel? I did stay before in the Hello Friends
      Will be in the first week of new year 2017.
      Was thinking about best western plus city center 330 de la couronne. What are your recommendations anout this hotel? I did stay before in the champlain and needed to try something new .

What places for breakfast near the best western?

What to see in quebec winter times?

• Cheap long term car rental

Toronto Oct 3, 2016 at 8:39 AM

Hi, i am an australian traveler here for 6 months. I have a international drivers permit and am looking to hire a car for the 4 months that i am here (buying a car is not an option). I am 21 years old with a full australian drivers license. Anyone have any idea what the cheapest company would be? The major ones like avis, enterprise and budget are way too expensive because of my age and many others simply dont have deals for 21 year olds.

Thankyou for your time!

• Kellys95's Profile Photo

Settle in Edmonton

Edmonton Yesterday

Hi, I'm from Myanmar. Me and my friend plan to move to Edmonton to work. I would like to get some advice about monthly income & costs. Is it ok to work part-time the whole day. The income from part-time is enough to cover up all the expenses. Is the part-time jobs are easy to get for an asian. I'll be waiting for the help. Sorry for my english.

• Europe and Eurasia

Canada Oct 14, 2016 at 4:43 PM

Hello, I have already booked tickets to Europe and Moscow for this winter. We will be flying from Vancouver, Canada to London and from there traveling around Europe and Eurasia. Our trip is from the 16th of December till the 3rd of January. Myself (an 18y/o French/English Canadian female) and my boyfriend (a 21y/o Japanese male) will be starting our trip in England. We will be in England from the 16th of December to the 18th when we will fly to Vienna and stay there till the 20th. We will take the train from Vienna to Budapest where we will meet up with my boyfriends family and stay with them till the 23rd. We are then going with his mother and sister to Rome where we will stay until 27th. We will then go to his Russia where his mother and sister reside. We will stay in Moscow until the 31st when my boyfriend and I will take an early flight to London where we will stay until the 3rd. The schedule is really tight so we were trying to narrow down what we should see. What are a few places that could be considered "must see" places? Are there any specific places that you would recommend for that time? We have a fairly broad range for interests so we normally enjoy most things. We enjoy different cultures, arts, museums, movies, sightseeing spots, historical spots, food, outdoor activities etc.

• Niagara Falls and Winery?

Toronto Sep 23, 2016 at 2:34 AM

I´m going to Toronto five nights in the beginning of October. (after World Cup)

A trip to Niagara Falls is a must, but is it worth taking a night there? Is there anything else to do, except watching the waterfalls?
      Any hiking trails? Nature? Or du you recomment a day trip?

I´m also interesting in visiting a winery, so maybe I can combine these two? Any suggestions?
      I will not have access to a car and I´m travelling alone.

The hotel prices was also very high in Toronto so with a night outside the city my average hotel price will decrease :-)

I have a reservation at Le Germain Hotel Maple Leaf Square and one at Grand Hotel & Suites. Haven´t decided yet. Any thoughts about these two?

• what to do

by CliffordP Online Now Nov 3, 2015 at 5:05 AM

In St John's NFL

1 Answer Nov 3, 2015 at 5:51 AM
    • Backjack13's Profile Photo

Quidi Vidi village visit or Signal Hill?

by Backjack13 Online Now Aug 11, 2015 at 1:24 PM

I don't have tons of time and I want to do it on foot from near the Atlantic Centre

3 Answers Nov 3, 2015 at 2:38 AM
    • sheherezad's Profile Photo

St John's? Newfienland??

by sheherezad Online Now Jul 25, 2011 at 9:41 PM

I have never thot of going all the way to NF from Edmonton, thinking all the time that I should do the Canadian Rockies while I am here! But today when googling for something more unusual i.e.visiting Northern Canada and the original Canadians, I came across a fantastic website: which featured Newfoundland as one of its destinations!

So, now, I'm wondering whether I should fly all the way across Canada to St John's after all, to meet up with my dear friend and her lovely boys?? And, perhaps, even join them for a vacation in PEI where Judy has booked a cottage?? I really didn't plan to fly across Canada to go to the Maritimes since I had seen much of Eastern Canada (cities mostly) when I was in Ottawa for 10 months in 1989. And Judy comes to Malaysia now and then for business, so I can always meet her there, again.

So, what would you recommend? Jasper and the vicinity (after Banff turned out to be much ado about nothing to me?) or visit my Newfie friend and see NFL and even PEI instead? Would these locations pose a very different experience for me than say, the west coast of Scotland or Scandinavia/Lapland?

22 Answers Jul 30, 2011 at 6:05 AM
    • concert passes

by joe_78 Online Now Jul 6, 2011 at 1:34 AM

I posted this on Halifax forum, too. My girlfriend is a huge Reba McEntire fan and she's got the tickets for Reba's concerts on Sept.29 and 30.
      I'd love to surprise her with backstage passes for our anniversary because I know she'd love to meet Reba, but I don't know where to look for them. I'm willing to pay, of course, and I know there are about a dozen passes given away for every concert, but I need your help as to where I could get them? Do radio stations maybe give them in a competition, or should I look at the venue? Any help would be appreciated, it would be a great gift for our 3rd anniversary :).

2 Answers Jul 10, 2011 at 8:41 AM
    • where to eat

by antoinette18 Online Now May 3, 2011 at 2:37 AM

Thank you all who have replied to my previous posts. I have a food question - where can you eat downtown, and that it's affordable?

9 Answers Jun 13, 2011 at 4:46 AM
    • Transport from the airport

by antoinette18 Online Now Apr 22, 2011 at 11:09 PM

what are my options for getting to town from the airport? Is there a shuttle bus?

thank you!

2 Answers Apr 23, 2011 at 9:04 AM
    • travelling solo

by antoinette18 Online Now Apr 18, 2011 at 6:28 AM

Could you tell me if it is considered safe to travel to St.John's for a couple of days if one is a female and traveling alone? Is the town considered safe and are there any general things that should be avoided?

Thank you!

3 Answers Apr 20, 2011 at 11:44 AM
    • David_1983's Profile Photo

One day trip from St. John's to St. Pierre & Miquelon (France) in September 2010

by David_1983 Online Now Aug 24, 2010 at 10:30 AM

If anyone would like to join me on my trip to the French island of St. Pierre & Miquelon, then please check the message I posted on St. Pierre & Miquelon's forum.
      All the details are there. Here is the link:

VT Forum temporarily unavailable

• 9tigers's Profile Photo

anyone have phone number for St john's lead cove hostel?

by 9tigers Online Now Jul 24, 2010 at 4:59 PM

could not find a phone number to call

2 Answers Jul 24, 2010 at 7:39 PM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

if I have a flight leaving st john at 5:20AM, is there buses still running at that time of the day

by 9tigers Online Now Jul 24, 2010 at 11:03 AM

from downtown area? I tihnk I would get to airport like 3AM.
      I am thnking of staying somewhere around Gower st. city hostel

4 Answers Jan 18, 2011 at 8:24 AM
    • 3.5 hour layover ...What do to?

by richard48 Online Now Jun 29, 2010 at 4:38 AM

I have a 3.5 hour layover at the airport mid afternoon and was hoping for some suggestions for what to do.
      Is there anything interesting to see nearby?
      I am considering going into town for a few hours but am worried about missing flight due to traffic so would prefer something more local to the airport.

3 Answers Jul 3, 2010 at 1:46 PM
    • accomodations close to cape spear

by lazy276 Online Now May 16, 2010 at 2:36 AM

does anyone know of any hotels close to cape spear that is outside of the city?

1 Answer May 16, 2010 at 9:47 AM
    • mjqd's Profile Photo

Getting to St. John's on a budget

by mjqd Online Now Apr 22, 2010 at 11:57 AM

We are hoping to attend a family wedding in St. John's next July. However, the costs seem to be outrageous from New Hampshire. We are a family of 2 grandparents, 2 parents and 4 children. We have looked into airfare,cheapest we've found is700 a person RT. We think maybe renting a van and driving to North Sydney and taking a ferry might be cheaper but it seems like a lot of time travelling, especially with the children.
      Does anyone have any insight into another way that we have not considered, or are these the best options?
      If anyone has any ideas or information I would welcome the input.
      Thank you!

6 Answers Nov 17, 2011 at 8:10 PM
    • charters to the Baths

by adkviews Online Now Feb 24, 2008 at 11:47 AM

Can anyone recommend a reliable charter to The Baths for not a ton of money? I've heard about Limnos, New Horizons, etc. What's the fastes way there? Thanks!

• playing pool?

by wvkaty Online Now Feb 12, 2007 at 12:16 PM

Are there family type pubs where kids can play poolfor an evening?

• playing pool?

by wvkaty Online Now Feb 12, 2007 at 12:14 PM

I was curious about the pubs in St John' there a family friendly one that a group of kids could play pool for an evening?
      thanks for any help

• help with teen's activites

by wvlady Online Now Jan 11, 2007 at 6:32 PM

My husband and I will be coming to St. John's in late June with a group of about 10 teens (ages 15 - 18) and participating in a robotic competition at a local university. What suggestions does anyone have to keep them busy and happy outside the competition? I know there are whale watching trips...what else would catch the eye of a teen (outside museums). Thanks for any assistance!

2 Answers Mar 26, 2007 at 3:46 PM
    • Need Help Immediately !!! Thanks

by ky2 Online Now Aug 31, 2006 at 7:40 PM

I live in Halifax, and plan to go PEI and St. John's in NFL for a few days. This will be my first time to visit these two cities. How many days will be enough? Or I might just go to one place this year. Shall I take the Acadian Line or take the ferry? Could someone be kindly direct me the routine for my trip and the bus thing? Thanks

1 Answer Sep 27, 2006 at 8:34 AM
    • Pippy Park Trailer Park

by Vilmad Online Now Jul 8, 2006 at 10:26 PM

We (couple with a 22 year old son) will be visiting St. John's, Newfoundland at the end of August. We are flying into St. John's and will be renting a car. My son moves into university residence on September 1st. We thought of camping three nights at Pippy Park Trailer Park campground(without a tent). However, we will be carrying our sleeping bags in our suitcases and would like to sleep under the stars. The other 3 nights will be spent at a B&B.

1) What kind of weather does St. John's usually have around 29th August?
      2) Is Pippy Park campground safe for tourists and campers?
      3) How crowed or how deserted is the campground at the end of August.

Any assistance in providing information would be greatly appreciated.

2 Answers Mar 26, 2007 at 3:56 PM

by ant0328 Online Now May 7, 2006 at 5:58 PM

Hey my girlfriend and I are first time travelers to St. John, where we will be staying in mid-July.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a car rental on the island that would rent to people under 25 (we are 23). I know I can get one on St. Thomas from Budget and bring it over, but I really don't want to do that. Also, would it just be cheaper to take Taxi's and such? I am a little worried about the Taxi's with rates, etc.

In addition, has anyone heard anything about Cruz Views condos? We are going to stay there I think, because it is the only place for125 a night that has ac and a kitchen.

Would there be any way to save money on food instead of just eating out every night?

4 Answers Mar 1, 2007 at 5:13 PM
    • SusieQQ's Profile Photo

St. John's tours

by SusieQQ Online Now Apr 28, 2006 at 9:16 AM

I will be in St. John's for a few days in June. I am looking for a company that conducts tours around St.John's...either group or private.

2 Answers May 1, 2006 at 5:29 AM
    • msforbes's Profile Photo

Bed and Breakfast

by msforbes Online Now Aug 8, 2005 at 6:07 PM

Just wondering if anyone knows of a nice Ma and Pa type B&B in St. John s that is resonably priced.

4 Answers Aug 22, 2006 at 2:04 PM
    • victorwkf's Profile Photo

St John's and Newfoundland in late November

by victorwkf Online Now Jul 31, 2005 at 8:24 AM

Hi there,

I will be attending a meeting Ottawa in late November 2005 and am thinking of visiting St John's and Newfoundland for a few days before this meeting (I have always wanted to visit Newfoundland and this may be the chance to do it).

However, the main problem which I foresee is that the weather will be extremely cold and it may even start to snow in late November. Also, there might not be much to see and go around Newfoundland due to the coming of winter.

I would really appreciate if you can advise me whether it is worth visiting St John's and Newfoundland during this period of time of late November?

7 Answers Jan 14, 2007 at 7:56 AM
    • Pubs on George Street

by mcgarrg&j Online Now Jun 8, 2005 at 11:15 AM

I'm going to be in St.John's for ten days in the beginning of March. I know a trip to "the rock" isn't complete without a few drunken nights carousing the bars on George Street. In Vancouver we are pretty spoiled in that all bars have gone non smoking (due to asthma, I think its great). I have heard a rumour that New Brunswick has gone non smoking as well and that Newfounland is thinking of doing the same. Any truth to this rumour? Are there any good party places that are non smoking already? What other sites would you recommend as places to put on the "must see" list.

5 Answers Sep 27, 2006 at 8:37 AM
    • Tour Guides

by Lu7149 Online Now Mar 2, 2005 at 12:00 PM

My husband and I will be in St. John's and Corner Brook in October 2005 for a day, arriving on a cruise ship. Does any one know of any English speaking guides who would be willing to show us the sights for a day? Also, what are the not to miss sights!! Thanks in advance, Lu

3 Answers Mar 22, 2005 at 5:24 PM
    • accomomdations in St. John's, NL

by dhowse Online Now Apr 4, 2004 at 9:41 AM

My husband and I and our four children, ages 7, 11, 13, and 15 are going to St. John's, NL for a week this summer. We're trying to find a place to sleep 6 people that won't cost us an arm and a leg. Also, if you know of any places to go to interest 4 children. Thanks for any help.

2 Answers Jun 5, 2004 at 1:39 PM
    • Information on Lodging in Newfoundland-Avalon Peninsula

by SueJulene Online Now Feb 28, 2004 at 11:06 AM

I was born in Newfoundland of American parents. We left when I was 3 and have never had the opportunity to return...until now. My husband and I have reservations in August. We will be there 2 weeks and plan to add about a week to get there and get home. The question is...where are good places to stay? We would like to stay for the 2 weeks in the same an efficiency unit and explore from there. Also..since my husband is a musician..and we both play some at that...where can we go to hear some music???,...I'se the Bye...Kelligrews Soiree... etc. Those are some of the songs I grew up with. Thanks for any info. SueJulene

10 Answers Jan 16, 2007 at 4:18 AM
    • Newfoundland in April

by richard48 Online Now Feb 22, 2004 at 11:23 AM

We will be visiting Newfoundland in April with 5 days in Humber Valley and 2 days in St Johns. Can anyone recommend things to see in Corner Brook area(Hopefully we will be skiing at Marble Mountain for 3 days) and also how to get tickets for ice hockey in St Johns. Many thanks

1 Answer Feb 22, 2004 at 1:23 PM
    • How do I get to St. John's

by princesscarina Online Now Jan 3, 2004 at 5:08 PM

We are going to travel to New Foundland this next summer. We are leaving from the Detroit area (or Ontario, CN). We also want to travel around the Atlantic Provinces including Nova Scotia, and P.E.I. First of all, has anyone traveled from our general area and can recommend the best way to travel. For example, if flying, out of and into which city. Would it be better to catch a flight into Halifax or something and rent a car and drive to some of the other provinces? Would we then ferry to St. John's? Or is there a better way? Is what we are trying to do crazy? Also, can anyone recommend some places not to miss? Thanks so much!

9 Answers Apr 13, 2004 at 10:29 AM
    • Cape Spear?

by CircleSky Online Now Sep 10, 2003 at 8:25 PM

Is there a bus tour or transit to Cape Spear from St. John's? How does one get from St. John's to Cape Spear?

2 Answers Oct 6, 2003 at 4:32 PM