VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Spain

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• TravelingSue's Profile Photo

transfer from cruise terminal to hotel

Barcelona Feb 1, 2017 at 6:51 AM

A friend and I are coming to Barcelona and needing to get transportation from cruise terminal to hotel. I need to know of any transfer companies in Barcelona and also any recommendations for nice but not too expensive hotels that are centrally located. Also will be in Barcelona for 3 days, so would like recommendations for shopping. Thanks for the info.

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Travelling for two days - itinerary help

Majorca Island Feb 1, 2017 at 7:48 AM

I am on a 3 day trip to Spain spending day 1 in Barcelona then flying to Palma. I will also rent a car to travel around. Can you please help me with places that I can choose - how to split my 2 days?

more
    • bergensanne's Profile Photo

Nice area to stay in?

Minorca Island Feb 16, 2017 at 2:59 PM

Hello fellow travellers!
      We're a family of four going to Menorca for a week in July - we've never been before and would appreciate advice on where to look for accommodation. We're looking for a quiet village/town by the sea - away from any big resorts. Any good suggestions? We found a lovely flat in Cala Morell, but we can't quite figure out if there are any restaurants/grocery shops at all, or if it's all residential. The kids are 14 and 17 so might be nice for them if it's not completely deserted :) We'd really appreciate any suggestions!

Best wishes from Anne :)

more
    • bergensanne's Profile Photo

Nice area to stay in?

Minorca Island Feb 16, 2017 at 2:59 PM

Hello fellow travellers!
      We're a family of four going to Menorca for a week in July - we've never been before and would appreciate advice on where to look for accommodation. We're looking for a quiet village/town by the sea - away from any big resorts. Any good suggestions? We found a lovely flat in Cala Morell, but we can't quite figure out if there are any restaurants/grocery shops at all, or if it's all residential. The kids are 14 and 17 so might be nice for them if it's not completely deserted :) We'd really appreciate any suggestions!

Best wishes from Anne :)

1 Answer Feb 17, 2017 at 2:20 AM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Travelling for two days - itinerary help

Majorca Island Feb 1, 2017 at 7:48 AM

I am on a 3 day trip to Spain spending day 1 in Barcelona then flying to Palma. I will also rent a car to travel around. Can you please help me with places that I can choose - how to split my 2 days?

• TravelingSue's Profile Photo

transfer from cruise terminal to hotel

Barcelona Feb 1, 2017 at 6:51 AM

A friend and I are coming to Barcelona and needing to get transportation from cruise terminal to hotel. I need to know of any transfer companies in Barcelona and also any recommendations for nice but not too expensive hotels that are centrally located. Also will be in Barcelona for 3 days, so would like recommendations for shopping. Thanks for the info.

• deemoss's Profile Photo

Palamos taxi or Transfer

Palamós Jan 13, 2017 at 4:25 AM

hi, can anyone advise my sister and husband need to get from Palamos to Barcelona airport for about 2pm, however on the bus routes / trains from Girona its all a bit messy and times make it a long connection they will have just flown from America 3 days before and wont want to be chopping and changing to get to airport. Does anyone know of a private transfer or descent taxi fare that may work? I could rent a car but too nervous to drive there, I have checked the Sarfa Bus the train times from Girona etc Thanks in Advance

2 Answers Jan 26, 2017 at 2:14 AM
    • roserosada's Profile Photo

Cost of high speed train Madrid to Barcelona

Madrid Jan 7, 2017 at 5:34 PM

We will be be spending two days in Madrid and would like to go to Barcelona for a day/night. How much is the fare on the high speed train from Madrid to Barcelona on a Sunday, and to which station would it arrive? thanks

2 Answers Jan 11, 2017 at 4:31 AM
    • dirtroady's Profile Photo

Can I get to the beginning of the trail (or any trails) in Montgó by public transport in January?

Jávea Jan 7, 2017 at 10:07 AM

So far I haven't found any buses going there from Javea or Denia. Any help much appreciated!

2 Answers Jan 9, 2017 at 12:26 AM
    • Single guy traveling in January

Canary Islands Jan 7, 2017 at 6:28 AM

What is the best part for a single guy 43 to travel to for January , somewhere to relax that's not overly quiet this time of year

2 Answers Jan 7, 2017 at 12:55 PM
    • SafetySue's Profile Photo

Hotel in City Center

Barcelona Jan 3, 2017 at 7:47 AM

Can you recommend a safe, centrally located hotel.

6 Answers Jan 5, 2017 at 2:54 AM
    • Temperature in Mid July.

Sevilla Dec 29, 2016 at 11:32 PM

I was contemplating getting off a cruise ship at Cadiz in Mid July. It was my intention to hire a car and travel to Seville, Malaga, Cartegena and Valencia. However inquiries show it could be quite hot then even 47 degrees celsius. Is it that hot and would it be better for me to travel to this region at some other time other than July/August?

11 Answers Jan 4, 2017 at 6:04 AM
    • Is this a public restaurant

Nerja Dec 28, 2016 at 4:37 AM

The Centro De Dia Para Persones Mayores in Calle Diputacion Provincial is, I understand, a day care centre for the elderly. it has a restaurant and bar. Is this open to the general public i.e. tourists?

3 Answers Jan 4, 2017 at 12:15 AM
    • Autumn9's Profile Photo

Quiet area in Tenerife

Isla de Tenerife Dec 27, 2016 at 9:53 AM

We would like to escape to some warmer weather in the next week or so but we are not keen on high-rise apartments in tourist areas. I understand the climate in the north is very different to that in the south, so we would like suggestions for a fairly quiet area in the south, in a pleasant hotel, that offers walks, scenery that I can paint, and good restaurants. Many thanks.

8 Answers Dec 30, 2016 at 5:35 AM
    • jonathanbarker's Profile Photo

Short weekend break

Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Dec 24, 2016 at 8:45 AM

Hello
      I have booked flights to Gran Canaria in late January. We arrive at Las Palmas airport 17.50.
      Can any one advise the best way from airport to the "action" Old town, bars, restaurants, bars and beach?
      Is the best place to stay Las Palmas?
      Can anyone recommend a hotel or apartment for me and a friend?
      Are there any Vters in the area between 20 & 23 January?
      Thank you?
      Jonathan

4 Answers Dec 27, 2016 at 8:31 AM
    • kin79's Profile Photo

Spain in May

Spain Dec 22, 2016 at 11:42 AM

Hola Todos .

My friends and me are going to Spain in May. Will spend two weeks in Madrid (want to study Spanish) and after that we have 12 days to see the country. Can someone help me with the itinerary? Would love to see Salamanca, Toledo, Seville. Rhonda, Cadiz, Puerta banus, malaga, granada and majorca. Don't mind skipping Barcelona but we want to see Andalusia really well. Don't want to drive from Madrid to Seville but I don't mind driving around Andalusia (Blablacar is also an option).

Happy travelling
      Neha

7 Answers Dec 26, 2016 at 11:34 AM
    • Driving from Barcalona Airport to Denia

Denia Dec 20, 2016 at 11:10 PM

I am intending to double back to Barcelona airport (after three days in the city) and rent a car to drive to Denia where we have a time share for 5 nights.
      We will have the car for a further three weeks.
      What are the points of interest along the way?
      What are some of the highlights of the area= scenic - food- landscape photography- street photography?
      We probably will bypass Valencia and do that as a day trip when we do not have to drive into a large city.
      Appreciate some local knowledge

6 Answers Dec 23, 2016 at 2:31 AM
    • Spa, where to park

Oviedo Dec 18, 2016 at 12:43 PM

Does anyone know the best Spa in Oviedo, or any nudist resort?
      Where can I park if I want to visit the city centre?
      Please, let me know if you have any ideas about those questions.
      Thank you!
      Frank

15 Answers Dec 22, 2016 at 7:18 AM
    • qzaman's Profile Photo

central location for hotel

Madrid Dec 16, 2016 at 10:42 PM

Hi
      What would be the most central location to stay in Madrid...preferably in the middle of most tourist attractions.

Thanks a lot in advance

5 Answers Dec 18, 2016 at 7:00 PM
    • Route for driving from cambridge to granada

Granada Dec 13, 2016 at 9:34 AM

Suggestions for driving to
      Granada. We have plenty of time for recommended stop-overs on the way.

3 Answers Dec 14, 2016 at 1:23 AM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

Anyone fancy an afternoon beer

Barcelona Dec 11, 2016 at 12:32 PM

Hi vt'ers

I will be in Barcelona from 2-8th January to see some friends but they will be working during the day. Anyone fancy a coffee or a beer one afternoon. I am staying near the university and close to la rambla ?
      hope to see you soon
      jonathan

2 Answers Dec 11, 2016 at 1:08 PM
    • Tour guides - Spain

Spain Dec 8, 2016 at 11:55 AM

Can anyone suggest some local tour operators who can arrange short trips (3-5 day) from Madrid to seville, cordoba, and grandada?

4 Answers Dec 8, 2016 at 11:30 PM
    • eti09's Profile Photo

Alone in december

Corralejo Dec 5, 2016 at 3:00 PM

Hi ! I m going alone in Corralejo from the 13th to 20th december. I took some kitecourses but i also want to visit or to do some activities there. Is anyone also there during this time ?

1 Answer Dec 7, 2016 at 12:49 PM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

24 hours bars in barcelona

Barcelona Dec 2, 2016 at 1:21 PM

Hi vt'ers
      Are there any 24 hour bars in Barcelona, hopefully easy to find. when I was last there there was one, Velodroma but I'm not sure now.
      cheers

3 Answers Dec 18, 2016 at 9:09 AM
    • 18 year olds in Palma

Palma de Mallorca Nov 28, 2016 at 1:37 PM

Hi was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for things for young people to do in Palma? Preferably not too expensive. Also we are wanting to go clubbing where is the best best place to go?
      We're thinking of getting the bus to water parks or magaluf do you know how easy it is to get buses and how often they are? Thanks :)

1 Answer Nov 29, 2016 at 4:57 AM
    • Easy travel via spain/Portugal

Spain Nov 28, 2016 at 1:20 AM

I'm wanting to travel from Oriheula to Granda to Córdoba to Seville to Faro to Lisbon to Madrid.

Would love advice on easiest way to travel ? And ideally the cheapest!

If trains which ones are best? Is there a Spain/Portugal train pass you can get for two weeks?

If rental cars are there any recommended companies for one way drop off?

Are there any 1 day or short multi day tours that go to these places or some of them?

Are there any restrictions traveling between to two countries?

Any help is kindly appreciated :)

3 Answers Nov 28, 2016 at 2:48 PM
    • Best hotel to stay at with rooftop bar

Barcelona Nov 26, 2016 at 11:31 PM

I am trying to stay at an affordable hotel with a nice rooftop bar in Barcelona. I would prefer something closer to Las Ramblas or Placa Cataluna, I believe. I really wanted to stay at Villa Emilia, however, it is sold out for my visit in September. Any advice for a hotel that would be in a $150-$200/night price range would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

4 Answers Nov 27, 2016 at 11:36 PM
    • Family Vacation Help

Spain Nov 24, 2016 at 10:32 PM

Hi, everyone,

I'm hoping to get a little help with a possible vacation to Spain this coming summer for two or three weeks. I'm pretty lost so far in terms of cities, neighborhoods, etc. It would be my husband, our kids (6 and 4), and me. In an ideal world, I'd love a trip that:

-allows us to spend time with locals (I have read that kids often play outside until late at night, and I'd love my kids to experience that, especially since my son goes to a Spanish immersion school)
      -is close to the beach for at least part of the trip
      -does not require renting a car
      -is close to kid-friendly activities

If you have any advice for me (the more specific, the better!), I'd greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks!

1 Answer Nov 24, 2016 at 11:28 PM
    • Car rentals Cadiz

Cadiz Nov 21, 2016 at 9:10 PM

On the various websites I can't seem to find a car rental firm in Cadiz. Particularly near the cruise port terminal.
      Do I have to travel to Sevilla to hire a car. I wish to travel to Sevilla,Malaga,Cartagena and finish in Valencia. I believe car is the only way to travel.

7 Answers Nov 23, 2016 at 11:52 AM
    • Disability travel in Seville

Sevilla Nov 19, 2016 at 10:24 AM

My husband and I are traveling to Seville in April. We have been to Catalonia many times and know the are well.
      Now we want to branch out and see more of Spain! Craig has difficulty walking and uses a scooter for any distances.
      We are working with a travel agency that works with disability travel. However, I am wondering if anyone has an
      Insights they might share for Seville and seeing the sights there.
      Thanks!!

2 Answers Nov 19, 2016 at 11:40 AM
    • louiseks's Profile Photo

balcony view Cabalgate 2017

Alcoy Nov 18, 2016 at 4:29 AM

I am looking to rent a place or a bedroom for one night with a balcony to see the Cabalgate . I am unable to stand to long hours and would love to see the parade. The tourist office told me to ask real estate agents . But maybe someone here knows someone who rent out there place with Airbnb. Thanks in advance
      Louise

1 Answer Nov 18, 2016 at 10:52 PM
    • things to do on Sundays

Fuengirola Nov 15, 2016 at 12:29 PM

Currently in fuengirola have a car don't mind travelling a couple of hours or so each way. Been told everything is closed as from Saturday mid day any suggestions please

3 Answers Nov 16, 2016 at 12:43 AM
    • things to on Sunday

Spain Nov 15, 2016 at 12:22 PM

Suggestions for what to do on Sunday. Have hire car dont mind travelling a couple of hours or so each way

2 Answers Nov 15, 2016 at 12:28 PM