VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Spain Travel Answers

change location
raypang's Profile Photo

2013 May in Córdoba

by raypang Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Hi, thx in advance for anyone who pay attention to this question.
Plan stay there for 2~3 days due to some kind of festival garden yard shows? sth like that.
want to know any more english version information I can get or any suggestions on the spots I should walk arround would be welcome.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • WomBatt's Profile Photo

Re: 2013 May in Córdoba

by WomBatt Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 1:49 AM

'Patio Festival Cordoba' as a google will do it, if no one else responds. Also 'Cruces de Mayo' runs part parallel in May. Sorry, I have not been. From memory there will be forty to sixty patios and perhaps twenty decorated crosses outside churches.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • johnincornwall's Profile Photo

by johnincornwall Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 7:32 AM

The old centre of Cordoba is not that extensive really. You can do the Mequita, jewish quarter and all the old part/patios etc easily in a day, depending how much time you spend in the Mezquita, and still get lunch for 2 or 3 pm. Best to get a map from the tourist office if you dont have avguide book. Downriver from Puente Romano (entrance to old town) there is a nice new car park on the intersection if you have a car. But a good sprinkiling of small hotels there anyway Beware - dont buy any heather off gitanas and also note that the weather can be very, very hot along the Guadalquivir valley, even in May.

• Aitana's Profile Photo

by Aitana Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Every May there is a patio contest (concurso municipal de patios de Córdoba). This year it is from May 8 to May 19. If you can read Spanish:
    patiosdecordoba.es/index.php...
    In case you can check my tip about patios contest:
    "Patios" - STREETS AND PATIOS OF CÓRDOBA... Tip by Aitana

english.turismodecordoba.org...
    I was a few years ago, and I got a small map where I could see the location of all the patios taking part in the contest.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Spain Travel Answer Locations