change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Muscovite's Profile Photo

Dialing a mobile in Belgium

Brussels Nov 3, 2016 at 2:15 AM

I am planning a trip to Brussels. Having communicqated with the landlady by e-mail, I have now a problem with her phone number - I guess something is missing.
      The number starts with +32 for Belgium, then it has 2 for Brussels, and then seven digitals. But it doesn't go!
      I tried to put in '4' - as Wikipedia advises - no result
      It's the first time I have such a problem, all other numbers I dial from another country - in France or Sweden, for example - function OK

more
    • Doubts Regarding Visa and Return Flight

Belgium Nov 12, 2016 at 6:22 PM

Hello everyone! I'm planning to go to Belgium as a volunteer for six months with a long-stay visa. After finishing my job I would like to travel in Eastern Europe for two months. My question is whether I'm allowed to get a Schengen Travel Visa after my work visa expires, or if I have to leave the zone immediately? I've read on other sites that it can be possible to leave the area for a few days and then enter again, so it would be possible to travel for 90 days. What is the truth?

My other doubt is regarding my return flight. Since I'm planning to stay for eight months in Europe I think that a cheap return flight could be difficult to find such in advance. Is it possible to buy the ticket once I'm there or does people entering Belgium require to have a return flight?

Thanks!

more
    • What is interesting about Ukraine?

Belgium Nov 30, 2016 at 5:49 AM

We would like to travel with friends in Kiev. Who knows a good guide, please write in comments. Thank you!

more
    • Muscovite's Profile Photo

Do-it-yourself trip to Brussels

Brussels Nov 3, 2016 at 2:57 AM

Trying Home Exchange - anyone knows where Avenue des Merles at Woluwé Saint Pierre is?
      I checked internet maps, it appears to be a 1 - 2 storey suburb about 30 - 40 minutes both from the airport and Brussels centre.
      Thank God, there is metro, and it looks like a direct line to Grand Place etc.
      I wonder if it's feasible to plan a day trip to Brugge?
      I do not know much about Brussels, unfortunately, and will hardly be an expert before I get there. For this reason I expect three days will be enough for me to see the main attractions. But I have about 10 days in May, must figure out what to do.
      By the way, do they have a May 1 day off? - In France I once saw that the transportation does not function as everyone holds a meeting! And then May 8 - fireworks or something?

more
    • northeast80's Profile Photo

Spa-Francorchamps Grand Prix

by northeast80 Online Now Jul 26, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Hi All
      A friend and I will be in Belgium whilst the Grand Prix is on (well we extended our holiday to make sure).
      Now, I have no interest what-so-ever in Grand Prix so am looking to do something else.
      We can't decide whether to drive there or train, not sure where we'll be coming from, but hope you guys could help advise.
      Is it easy to travel to the race track by public transport? My friend has a ticket for Sunday 29th Aug. The official website only mentions travel by car and all the others I can find are only selling tickets or serious F1 info.
      And any suggestions on what I can do whilst he's watching the race? I'm thinking visit Liege but am open to suggestions. I like beer, modern art and design, second hand sales, architecture, taking photographs.
      Thanks.

• we135b's Profile Photo

Belgian Grand Prix

by we135b Online Now Sep 11, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Did anyone go to the Belgian Grand Prix this year? Can you provide tips on the best viewing spots? public transportation to spa from paris? any race related activity in the local area?

• Which European spa would you suggest for a 30th birthday celebration?

by blythet Online Now Jan 2, 2007 at 9:51 PM

Please help...a group of us are trying to find a spa in Europe to send our friend for a long weekend. She is an American living in Switzerland and we wanted to do something special for her 30th birthday. Any advice on good places that are close enough to Switzerland that she won't have to spend too much time getting there, would be greatly appreciated!

3 Answers Jan 21, 2007 at 2:42 AM