Travel Answers
South Korea

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Question about Access to Observation Deck Airstar Terrace at Incheon Airport

Incheon Nov 15, 2016 at 9:41 PM

Hi, i just need to know to access to the Observation Deck "Airstar Terrace" at Incheon Airport, do i need an onward boarding pass if i just landed in Incheon Airport? The observation deck is on the 4th floor of the passenger terminal building but i do not know whether it is in the Transfer Service Complex. I would like to visit the observation deck at least six hours before departure but i will have no access to Internet to print out online boarding pass of Air Seoul on 5 December.

Last year i landed in Incheon Airport twice but i was not able to go up to the 4th Floor upon arrival. Immediately upon arrival is the intra-airport train bringing me to the Customs and Immigration.

more
    • Seoul and Jeju tour

South Korea Dec 2, 2016 at 1:37 AM

Hi, I am planning to travel to Seoul and Jeju.... can someone advise how many days would I need and what are the places to visit and how to go about from Seoul to Jeju.... Thanks

more

Popular South Korea Travel Answer Locations

• Seoul and Jeju tour

South Korea Dec 2, 2016 at 1:37 AM

Hi, I am planning to travel to Seoul and Jeju.... can someone advise how many days would I need and what are the places to visit and how to go about from Seoul to Jeju.... Thanks

6 Answers Dec 5, 2016 at 6:36 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Question about Access to Observation Deck Airstar Terrace at Incheon Airport

Incheon Nov 15, 2016 at 9:41 PM

Hi, i just need to know to access to the Observation Deck "Airstar Terrace" at Incheon Airport, do i need an onward boarding pass if i just landed in Incheon Airport? The observation deck is on the 4th floor of the passenger terminal building but i do not know whether it is in the Transfer Service Complex. I would like to visit the observation deck at least six hours before departure but i will have no access to Internet to print out online boarding pass of Air Seoul on 5 December.

Last year i landed in Incheon Airport twice but i was not able to go up to the 4th Floor upon arrival. Immediately upon arrival is the intra-airport train bringing me to the Customs and Immigration.

3 Answers Nov 16, 2016 at 10:11 PM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

What to wear on transit in Incheon Airport on 5 December?

Incheon Oct 22, 2016 at 7:42 AM

I will be on transit in Incheon Airport, possibly commuting to Gimpo Airport via AREX. Is rain jacket sufficient for me to withstand the cold along the way? Winter jacket too thick. How cold normally the first week of December will it be?

8 Answers Nov 12, 2016 at 1:08 AM
    • UmarAlfa's Profile Photo

Taxi rental

Jeju (city) Oct 19, 2016 at 11:28 PM

Any suggestion for recommended taxi driver can be hired in Jeju? 2 days travelling period, 16-17 Nov '16

3 Answers Oct 20, 2016 at 8:37 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

About flying one-way to Seoul-Incheon with EastarJet

Seoul Oct 16, 2016 at 3:27 PM

My EastarJet one-way ticket has this clause.

"You need to have round trip tickets in possession. If you try to get on board without returning ticket, you may be rejected so please try to understand. However, this does not matter if you have visa."

This clause only appears on the ticket after successful online payment to EastarJet.

Does anyone understand what it means? I just bought Incheon-Ho Chi Minh City ticket from VietJet Air. Is BKI-ICN-SGN considered round-trip ticket?

Or do you think i might have booked wrongly?

15 Answers Oct 17, 2016 at 5:30 PM
    • rent a car or public transportation

Suwon Sep 21, 2016 at 1:18 AM

My family of three plans to spend 3 nights in Suwon to visit places Gyeonggi Do and Gangwon Do such as Hwaseong Fortress Trail, Daejanggeum Park, Byeongbangchi Skywalk, Ulsanbawi Rock and Hwaamdonggul Cave. Should we rent a car or use public transportation?
      Thank you in advance for your help.

1 Answer Sep 21, 2016 at 3:34 AM
    • need korean translation for my small gift caligraphy

South Korea Aug 20, 2016 at 8:37 AM

dear my south korean friends,

i need a translation for my gift caligraphy in the picture :) my friend wanted me to figure it out :)

thanks!

1 Answer Aug 20, 2016 at 11:26 AM
    • Best play to stay in Seoul for the first time

Seoul Aug 4, 2016 at 11:56 PM

Hi there, I'm travelling with my older brother to seoul for 3 days around October. It's our first time in Seoul and we're not sure where we should stay (I'm 22 and he's 26). I understood Hongdae is the best place to stay for young people but I saw its pretty far from the main attractions in Seoul like the N Seoul Tower, Dongdaemun Market, Myeong-dong,Gyeongbokgung Palace, etc. What are your recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Aug 5, 2016 at 3:44 PM
    • Indian guest house in Seoul ?

Seoul Jul 31, 2016 at 11:02 AM

Travelling in 2nd week of august to Seoul. please let me know name, number and adress of indian budget guest house or hotel in Seoul serving vegetarian food.

1 Answer Aug 1, 2016 at 5:24 AM
    • Hello travelers !

Seoul Jul 21, 2016 at 6:27 AM

Is anyone going to Korea around August 17?

8 Answers Jul 22, 2016 at 3:49 PM
    • shopping for on sale items

Incheon Jul 19, 2016 at 2:23 PM

Are there flea markets (place for bargain hunters), or thrift shops in Incheon?

2 Answers Jul 19, 2016 at 11:48 PM
    • Guesthouse in Seoul

South Korea Jul 19, 2016 at 2:19 PM

Where is the place in Seoul to find a guesthouse that is both near to the shopping district and the shuttle bus terminal going to the Incheon International Airport?

4 Answers Jul 21, 2016 at 6:55 AM
    • Jeju in 3 days, car !

Jeju-do Jul 12, 2016 at 6:36 AM

Hello, i am planning to visit Jeju for 3 days during my trip to Seul in november. I am thinking about renting a car and sleeping in instead of booking a hotel. Is it safe ? I would like to see as much as possible - not waste time for hotels. And tips and advices ? Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 12, 2016 at 7:54 AM
    • Me and a friend travelling to gangnam seoul for 14 days need advice!

South Korea Jul 7, 2016 at 7:37 PM

hi guys sorry if these questions have been asked before but i have some questions i hope you can help me with.

1. night life .. what clubs/events do you recommend?

2. we are still trying to determine what hotel we should stay at any suggestions? preferable something mid to upper class

3. how much spending money do you guys recommend i should take with me for the duration of the 14 days to live/party comfortably

4. any advice on how to communicate with the locals in terms of language barrier we are coming from Australia so we primarily speak english

5. any advice on what not to do while we are there that would offend or upset the locals in terms of respect eg. "its rude to..." "dont do this" "stay away from ..."

sorry again if these questions are common knowledge or if they have been asked before, its our first trip to korea and i want to be as well prepared as i can thanks in advance!!!!

7 Answers Jul 8, 2016 at 8:06 AM
    • hawaiicfi's Profile Photo

Mount Halla

Jeju (city) Jun 16, 2016 at 12:12 PM

I want to hike it to the summit. Any recommendation for a reasonable priced hotel near by? Thank you in advance.

2 Answers Jun 16, 2016 at 3:00 PM
    • Cab fare from Myeongdong to Gimpo Airport

Seoul Jun 11, 2016 at 6:25 AM

Hi! Can anyone advise the approximate fare and time required to travel from New Oriental Hotel in Myengdong to Gimpo airport for a flight out to Jeju? I'm thinking of booking the 7am flight so am concerned about the taxi cost since the Gimpo airport seems really far on the Google map and we may have to pay wee morning taxi rates if applicable.

Also, since it's a domestic flight, can I assume check-in time is 1 hr before? We are a party of 3 people each with a medium size bag to check in. Thank you!

8 Answers Jun 13, 2016 at 10:59 PM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

Is booking in advance necessary for a tour of Seoul and around?

Seoul May 19, 2016 at 7:56 AM

We'll be in Seoul end of July for about one week. The main purpose is attending a wedding, but we'll have two days for tours of Seoul and possibly one other destination in the area. There are so many interesting places and tours, that it's very hard to decide what to do.

Is it necessary to book a tour in advance? Or can we decide one or two days before we go and book through the hotel?

Is there anything which is an absolute "must-see" ? Any tour companies better than any others? There are so many and it's hard to tell.

The Korean Folk Village, a city tour of Seoul with the palaces and the secret garden are already planned, and we won't go on a tour to the DMZ - but other than that we haven't decided yet.

I'd appreciate any tips. Thank you in advance.

9 Answers Aug 1, 2016 at 4:36 AM
    • A reputable DMZ Tour company

Seoul May 9, 2016 at 1:34 PM

I´m going to Korea next week and is looking for a reputable company for DMZ Tour. I was looking at Koridoor but they where fully booked during my dates.

Anyone who can recommend a company?

• Visa requirements

South Korea May 2, 2016 at 7:52 PM

Hello, I am a fresh graduate and I am going to visit S. Korea this month. I was wondering about the School certificate needed for application. Will my diploma be enough or should I also bring my Transcript of records? Thank you.

4 Answers May 2, 2016 at 10:53 PM
    • Anyone visiting south kore this august

Seoul May 1, 2016 at 3:54 PM

I'm travelling alone this mid august maybe around 10-14 days in seoul. I'm kind of a little but scared roaming around just by myself. And this is my first ever trip abroad alone  Is anyone going alone too this august?

4 Answers Jul 21, 2016 at 6:28 AM
    • Long Term Trip to Korea

South Korea Apr 23, 2016 at 2:12 AM

I am on a long term vacation going around the world. Although I am pretty familiar with Korean people, culture, and especially food (my favorite), I have never been to Korea even though I have been around it a lot (20 years). I am leaving for Seoul in 10 days. I do not know how long I plan to stay but I only have a place booked for 3 days for my arrival. After I get there I will need to know what to do. I was thinking maybe one month or more total time. As long as I am having fun it is all good. I am not sure if I should try to stay in Seoul the whole time and take trips away or just go from place to place around Korea or really where to go or how long to stay. If you can take a dream vacation to Korea what would you go do and for how long? That is what I am doing... so any tips are appreciated.

3 Answers Apr 23, 2016 at 4:10 AM
    • bulldogtwo's Profile Photo

12 hour layover

Incheon Apr 15, 2016 at 8:48 AM

This will be a day time layover so we are looking to get out of the airport and look around Incheon. We want to find a storage locker for our carry on, which I guess they have and then make our way into Incheon. Best way into Incheon and fastest, cost???
      We are looking to go to the local markets, seafood markets, day markets, dry markets to do some shopping and looking around. Best places to shop around? And of course to eat and eat!
      This would be end of October so would we need light jackets?
      Thank you!

7 Answers Oct 3, 2016 at 8:06 PM
    • Car rental in Jeju

South Korea Apr 12, 2016 at 10:49 PM

Was looking at car rental company in Jeju and seems like it is being dominated by a company called Sixt. However heard some bad reviews for this company so should I still proceed to book with them? Or there are other car rental company that is good?
      Looking to rent for 4 days.

Thanks

3 Answers Jul 18, 2016 at 10:19 AM
    • Trip for Jeju Island

Jeju (city) Apr 4, 2016 at 7:03 PM

I am planning to go to Jeju Island, May I know when is the best time to go there and how much budget should I prepare for max 5 days trip?

1 Answer Apr 4, 2016 at 10:56 PM
    • Car rental age in Jeju

South Korea Mar 31, 2016 at 8:28 AM

Hi
      I'll visiting Jeju in June. I am going to rent a car for the ease of sightseeing. I have an International Driving Permit. I have been driving for more than 1 year.
      However when we go on the trip, I am still 2 months to my 21st birthday. Which means technically I'll be only 20 years old.
      Are there any rental companies to recommend, which will rent their cars to me? I expect (and don't mind) to pay slightly more for the underage surcharge.
      Or are there any other recommendations for getting around the island easily?

2 Answers Mar 31, 2016 at 1:57 PM
    • yavili's Profile Photo

money exchange

Seoul Mar 29, 2016 at 5:38 AM

Which area / street is good for money exchange in Seoul? I assume the rates at Incheon Airport are bad. Thanks.

3 Answers Apr 15, 2016 at 3:31 AM
    • 5 day Trip - Itinerary Help needed

South Korea Mar 20, 2016 at 2:57 PM

Hi Everyone,

I will be traveling to South Korea for 5 days and would really appreciate some help deciding where to go and what to do.

How many days would you recommend for sightseeing in Seoul?

Would you recommend staying in Seoul for all the 5 nights and taking a couple of day trips from there?

Or should I split my time between Seoul and other places?

Thanks for all your help!!!

3 Answers Mar 20, 2016 at 11:11 PM
    • weather in South korea and suggested clothing for the trip

Seoul Mar 13, 2016 at 6:55 AM

Dear all,
      Towards the end of this month, i and a group of friends will be visiting Korea.
      our inetery will be as follows:
      Malaysia to Busan.
      Jeju Island,
      Cheongju,
      Jirisan,
      Goyasan Nat Park,
      Sobeckson / Danyang,
      Chungju,
      Seoul and then return to Malaysia.
      Our trip will take us three weeks to go over these places, and we also hope to travel light.
      Please kindly advise how will be the weather like in these place during the period from 21 March to 10 April 2016?
      Any suggestion on how to have to prepare our clothing.
      Thanks

5 Answers Mar 20, 2016 at 11:41 AM
    • Help with my Seoul trip

Seoul Mar 1, 2016 at 10:42 AM

Hi,

I´m going to Seoul in mid May. I haven't decided how many days yet, but I will be in South Korea for 1 to 1,5 week.
      I will be based in Seoul but would like to see something more of South Korea so I have a couple of questions :-)

• how many days do you recommend in Seoul? 5-7 days?
      • is there anything outside Seoul, but not to far away, that you can recommend? (I will visit DMZ) Any island or any nice village? I like nature and hiking and I would like to see the "real Korea".
      • I've been reading about Sokcho and Seoraksan National Park. Is that something you can recommend? I read that the bus ride takes about 3 hours from Seoul. Is it worth it? How many days? 2-3 days?
      • where is the best area to stay in Seoul?

Br
      //Johan

9 Answers Mar 25, 2016 at 8:25 AM
    • aepagsuyuin's Profile Photo

Seoul to Gyeongju

Kyongju Feb 19, 2016 at 11:09 AM

Hi i am going to Seoul next week. And i am planning to do a sidetrip to Gyeongju.

How doni get to Gyeongju from Seoul. What are my options. And much will i cost me.

I do not mind the hours of travel. But the budget is a big factor for me. Thanks.

2 Answers Feb 19, 2016 at 3:15 PM