VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

South Iceland Travel Answers

change location
ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Vatnajokull

by ohaiyo Online Now Apr 14, 2008 at 11:33 AM

Hi,

I'm thinking of going to Vatnajokull in July. How do I get there from Reykjavik? How long is the trip by bus? I guess I'll be staying at Hofn. How much time should I spend? Also, what would the weather be like?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • ricky52's Profile Photo

Re: Vatnajokull

by ricky52 Online Now Apr 14, 2008 at 4:07 PM

Trying to predict the weather can be difficult because of local on the day variations.
    This information should be used as a guide only.
    Here is the average weather for Reykjavik for this time of year.
    Enjoy your holiday.

July
    High 54f / 12c
    Low 46f / 8c
    Rain 2.04in / 51.8mm
    Clod (out of 8) 6.1
    Sun % 24

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • travelfrosch's Profile Photo

Re: Vatnajokull

by travelfrosch Online Now Apr 14, 2008 at 5:21 PM

Bus from Reykjavík to Höfn appears to depart once daily. Travel time looks to be about 5 1/2 hours. One-way fare is showing as Kr 8800 for an adult, Kr 6150 for Seniors and students, and Kr 4400 for children. Summer schedules aren't posted yet, but take a look at http://www.bsi.is/index_en.html for bus schedule details.

Also consider flying. Eagle Air flies from Reykjavík Municipal Airport (RKV) to Höfn (HFN) 1-2 times daily. Flight time is one hour. One-way airfare is approximately Kr 10800 for adults, Kr 9400 for Seniors and students, and Kr 5500 for children. Take a look at eagleair.is/domestic-flight/... for details.

Enjoy your trip!

Mark

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular South Iceland Travel Answer Locations