Travel Answers
Sorrento

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How to get from Rome FCO to Vico Equense?

by LivaB Online Now Aug 22, 2016 at 12:42 AM

Hi! Could you suggest the best way how to get to Vico Equense? We are arriving in Rome FCO airport at 1 PM on 19th of September. We considered to take a train. Is this a good idea? :)
      Do we need to book tickets online to get cheaper?

more
    • How to get from Rome FCO to Vico Equense?

by LivaB Online Now Aug 22, 2016 at 12:42 AM

Hi! Could you suggest the best way how to get to Vico Equense? We are arriving in Rome FCO airport at 1 PM on 19th of September. We considered to take a train. Is this a good idea? :)
      Do we need to book tickets online to get cheaper?

9 Answers Aug 22, 2016 at 11:48 AM
    • colinmckin's Profile Photo

Atlantic Palace hotel

by colinmckin Online Now May 28, 2016 at 9:10 AM

Does anyone know which travel companies use the above hotel ?

thanks
      colin

2 Answers May 28, 2016 at 9:32 AM
    • Diego Toscanini belt

by Rbachand Online Now May 16, 2016 at 10:37 PM

I bought a leather belt from a shop in Sorrento where they sized it, cut it and attached the buckle. it's a Diego Toscanini double stitched. Any idea the name of the shop? I would love to get more

Richard

1 Answer May 16, 2016 at 11:00 PM
    • Fresh Seafood Mkt

by rileylake Online Now Apr 20, 2016 at 6:40 PM

Where can I buy fresh seafood---fish, clams, octopus, shrimp, and so on

1 Answer Apr 21, 2016 at 12:18 AM
    • Best beaches!

by TravellingCA Online Now Apr 16, 2016 at 12:13 AM

Hello everyone!

I'm going to Sorrento at the end of next month for a week. The plan is to visit the whole area of the Amalfi coast and its surroundings as we will be with a car. I was wondering if there are any beaches in the area (near Sorrento or within an hour of driving from there) that you would recommend (paid or unpaid). I generally prefer sandy beaches but I can imagine that in this part of Italy they might be difficult to find.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions :-D

Cheers,

TravellingCA

1 Answer Apr 16, 2016 at 12:46 AM
    • looking for a ferry from sorrento to positano

by EmmaK95 Online Now Apr 8, 2016 at 4:11 AM

Hi,

I am looking for a ferry that goes from sorrento to positano but I am struggling to find one. I will be travelling in June time. Just wondering what the best options were and how much it would cost and whether luggage is allowed on board?

Any help would be great :)

Thank you

4 Answers Apr 10, 2016 at 5:40 AM
    • Transportation back to Naples airport

by Issie2016 Online Now Apr 2, 2016 at 6:02 AM

Hi all, thank you all for the information on transportation getting to Sorrento from Naples. However, our return flight back to Uk will be 10.30 in the morning and the bus's timetable ( Curreriviaggi) don't seems to start until 9:00am?? Any other suggestions or is a taxi ride's our best option?

Thanks!

12 Answers Apr 3, 2016 at 2:04 AM
    • Time of the year

by Fuzzysfather Online Now Feb 18, 2016 at 12:35 PM

Hi All. Going to Sorrento the first week in Oct. I notice that some things close or slow down out of season. We do not expect to use a pool anyway so that's no problem .My concern is if the Ferries, in particular, reduce their schedules as this seems the best way to travel the coast etc.Also may contemplate car hire,but not for town just for exploring,so are the roads more quiet in Oct to ? Thanks. Fuzzys Father.

6 Answers Feb 25, 2016 at 12:19 PM
    • |Safety worries

by kim13781 Online Now Feb 18, 2016 at 7:37 AM

Hi everyone I mentioned to a neighbour the other day that I was going on holiday in June to Sorrento and wanted also to visit Rome either later in the year or next year and she has worried me a bit with her comments she said Italy is known for pickpockets and bag snatchers, that you can't cross the roads without nearly getting run over, that the people are arrogant and unfriendly and that with all the migrants in Italy at the moment she wouldn't dare go there? it has worried me now as this will be my first ever holidays from the UK and my first ever time to Italy is she right or is she just trying to put me off going she seems to have a thing about France as she used to live there should I just ignore her or do I need to be worried about all she has said any advice would be very helpful.
      Thank you so much

19 Answers Feb 22, 2016 at 8:01 AM
    • Inlaid wood and Gelato making demonstrations

by kim13781 Online Now Feb 12, 2016 at 9:32 AM

When I was looking through the Thomson brochure they had a trip which took you to a inlaid wood working shop and a demonstration was given I would be interested in this do you know what shop this would be as I have now decided to go self catering but would still like to see this and also any shops that demonstrate the art of Gelato making
      Thank you

5 Answers Feb 14, 2016 at 7:26 AM
    • Sundays in Sorrento

by kim13781 Online Now Feb 12, 2016 at 9:28 AM

Hi in another post I asked about the Siesta times in Sorrento, I was wondering about Sundays are the restaurants open so you can get some Sunday lunch or do they close for the day

4 Answers Feb 12, 2016 at 10:50 AM
    • Best time to go and for how long?

by kim13781 Online Now Feb 10, 2016 at 8:25 AM

Hi I am wondering when it is the best time to go I would like to go when the weather is warm but not overcrowed with people although I have heard it is alway's quite crowded, would June or September be best? I was thinking about going for 2 weeks do you think this is too long I want to see everything, Pompeii ect, Amalfi, Positano, Capri and I love shopping so I will need time for that as well any suggestions would be helpful and also any timetables for buses, trains and ferries ect would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

20 Answers Feb 12, 2016 at 10:29 AM
    • What is the English Inn Like?

by kim13781 Online Now Feb 9, 2016 at 9:49 AM

Hi everyone what is the English Inn like? what sort of meals do they do? as I am travelling with someone who will only eat English food this may be a big help to me.
      Thanks

6 Answers Feb 14, 2016 at 8:49 AM
    • Food/Drink you can take to Sorrento/Italy from Uk

by kim13781 Online Now Feb 9, 2016 at 7:56 AM

Hi I am hoping to visit Sorrento for the first ever time and will be going self catering to make it less expensive I would like to take some items with me such as Coffee, Tea, Hot Choc, Crisps, Sweets, tinned fish such as Tuna and maybe some soups ect.
      Also can you take some chilled food such as Cheese, Bacon, Sausage, Ham ect if it is in a cooler?
      Any help or advice would be very grateful
      Thank you

18 Answers Feb 10, 2016 at 10:10 AM
    • Allan56's Profile Photo

Best transport

by Allan56 Online Now Jan 29, 2016 at 10:29 AM

We are travelling from Rome to Sorrento in August. Any advice on the best way to get there ? It looks like fly Naples then bus Sorrento

3 Answers Jan 29, 2016 at 1:48 PM
    • Best place for nesting tables

by Hafa44 Online Now Dec 4, 2015 at 11:43 PM

Where is a good place to buy nesting tables for a reasonable price. Went to CuomoLucky's because I'd read about them but their starting price was more than €500 euro above other places.

3 Answers Dec 5, 2015 at 8:00 AM
    • No Question Title

by idiggy Online Now Nov 2, 2015 at 9:19 AM

Is it possible to walk from Priora to Sorrento ? And if so how long of a walk would it be ?
      Thanks

1 Answer Nov 2, 2015 at 9:40 AM
    • trying to find shop details

by jocool Online Now Sep 27, 2015 at 12:35 AM

Trying to find the details of a shop in the town it was on a corner in the side streets it sells perfume and soap and other bits the counter was at the end of the shop and had a door way at the fron and right hand side as u walk in thanks

1 Answer Sep 27, 2015 at 4:21 AM
    • Curreri bus from Sorrento to Naples airport

by Dee113 Online Now Sep 20, 2015 at 2:50 PM

Hi all
      I will be travelling to Sorrento shortly and am hoping to get the curreri bus from the airport to Sorrento. Returning to Naples airport, I need to be at the airport between 10am and 10.30 am . There is a bus scheduled to leave at 8.30 and arrive at the airport at 10.00. Would anyone be able to tell me if the bus usually arrives more or less on time or is it likely to get caught up with rush hour traffic and bad roads? As I'm travelling solo, I'm a bit concerned about getting to the airport in time for my return flight. Thank you in anticipation of any replies.

8 Answers Sep 22, 2015 at 11:28 PM
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

day trips positano and amalfi/ravello

by monicarc Online Now Sep 1, 2015 at 3:05 PM

Hoping to be based in sorrento next mid-march for several days and am planning, among others, one day for positano and another day for amalfi and ravello. We like strolling around, shopping, having wine, looking at architecture. Is amalfi and ravello good to group for the same day? I read you can walk (about an hour) to revello from amalfi, which we would be interested in doing.....However, it looks like amalfi and positano are on the same SITA bus line? Not sure if I should try to do all 3 in one day? but we don't want to be rushed.....I don't mind going back on the same bus the next day... thanks.

3 Answers Sep 2, 2015 at 1:12 AM
    • Hotel help for Sorrento pls

by deepagupta15 Online Now Aug 26, 2015 at 3:50 AM

Hello
      Im really confused with booking a hotel in or neae Sorrento. Our budget is Eu150 to Eur 170 per night for 2 adults and a toddler.
      I hsd bookef grand hotel flora but after seeing some disappointing reviews my husband is not so keen on it.
      Few other options are available in sant agata due golfi - like Hotel due golfi and hotel prestige and these offer shuttles to sorrento too.
      Can you pls help me choose or suggest any other hotel within my budget?

11 Answers Aug 27, 2015 at 5:45 AM
    • alisononthego's Profile Photo

Sorrento to Ravello

by alisononthego Online Now Aug 21, 2015 at 12:08 PM

Hello, we are staying in Sorrento in early September and would like to know the best mode of transport to get from Sorrento, visiting Positano, Amalfi and Ravello please? Private taxi would be too expensive I think......? We were wondering if we could to one journey by road and the other by sea....is this a possibility please?

6 Answers Aug 28, 2015 at 1:58 PM
    • After Sorrento?

by Carolrn Online Now Jul 29, 2015 at 8:28 AM

We are traveling this Sat. to Sorrento from Florence (mom-daughter) after her study abroad. We will be leaving Sorrento Tuesday, Aug. 4. We have to end up in Venice by Friday, Aug. 7 and want a place in between that will complement the diversity of Florence museums and Amalfi shopping and beaches. Milan Expo? Lake Como? Switzerland? Any ideas would be helpful.

9 Answers Jul 31, 2015 at 9:23 AM
    • Sorrento to Naples to FCO airport

by chitravler Online Now Jul 8, 2015 at 1:58 PM

Need to be at Rome airport by 8:30 or 9am in late September. We are staying in Sorrento and would like to leave early in the morning to make our flight and not have to spend the night in Rome. Much prefer to spend more time in Sorrento and arrive directly at FCO. Hope with someone's help we can do this. Grazie!

6 Answers Jul 8, 2015 at 7:57 PM
    • Spending money?

by Catelynn Online Now May 31, 2015 at 2:51 PM

Hi, I will be travelling solo to Sorrento for one week, half board, and was wondering approximately how much spending money I need ? I'm hoping to do lots of day trips while there, to Capri, Pompeii, Naples etc.
      thanks
      Cate

3 Answers Jun 1, 2015 at 8:30 AM
    • Morevino's Profile Photo

Capodimonte

by Morevino Online Now May 28, 2015 at 1:33 PM

I will be in Sorrento second week June .
      I would like to purchase some Capodimonte pieces
      Is there a recommended shop that I can purchase genuine pieces at a good price

• jetset05's Profile Photo

B&b in the old town of Sorrento

by jetset05 Online Now May 18, 2015 at 3:08 AM

Hello i am looking for a B&b in the old town of Sorrento not to expensive whiv=ch i know is hard in this part of the world
      somewhere clear and in a good locaton handy for trains,ferrys ect
      Many thanks
      Jeff...

5 Answers May 18, 2015 at 11:03 AM
    • budget hotels in Sorrento

by TomR77 Online Now May 9, 2015 at 7:58 AM

Hi, I'm coming down to Sorrento from Rome for a day or two and am looking for a good place to stay for relatively cheap, and ideally relatively close to the train station. Any ideas?
      thanks,
      Tom

5 Answers May 10, 2015 at 8:30 AM
    • Public Transport

by crazymum Online Now May 4, 2015 at 1:18 AM

Staying at St Agnello - would like to visit Positanio - Leics has said that public buses can get packed - will they be packed this week

Thinking of visiting Capri - don't like small boats so what are the options of taking a large regular ferry boat -and then getting the furnicular to Capri town - are these liable to be full this week

All answers gratefully received. Many thanx

2 Answers May 4, 2015 at 4:22 AM
    • jmj0's Profile Photo

Train from Sorrento to Lucca.

by jmj0 Online Now Apr 23, 2015 at 4:15 PM

The wife and I will be spending 5 days in Sorrento this July after a 6 week organized tour and then we wish to enjoy 4 days around Lucca.Any advice on how to get to Lucca by train would be appreciated.Do you think we are wise going to Lucca for such a short period after completing our organized tour .We fly home from Rome after this visit to Lucca.Thanking you from 2 Aussies.

2 Answers Apr 27, 2015 at 10:31 AM