Sorong

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Fresh pork

Medan Nov 14, 2016 at 9:00 AM

What markets in Medan, Indonesia sell fresh pork for cooking at home?

more
    • Private Driver wanted

Surabaya Nov 29, 2016 at 10:45 AM

Coming to Surabaya 12/7 to 12/20 to visit friends, have a rental car, looking for a good driver for intermittent driving, inside and outside of the city, male or female no preference as long as a good driver

more
    • scotontour's Profile Photo

Top three towns to visit in Bali

Bali Nov 14, 2016 at 12:06 AM

If members were to pick from their own experience to stay for 2/3nights at each....where would They chose as top three towns on the island to visit in January.

more
    • Sinosphere's Profile Photo

Is it a good idea to visit Indonesia in january-february (weather)?

Indonesia Nov 5, 2016 at 3:05 PM

Hello!
      I'm planning to travel in Indonesia in winter (Java, Sulawesi and maybe Moluccas), but more I check and more it seems impossible to travel there at that period because of the rainy season.

But I'd still want to go there so I want to know a bit more how is the rainy season in this area. Is that violent and endless rainfalls all day long or more like intense yet scarce rainfalls with sun just after? Because to be honest I'd like to hike in some national parks with steep volcano trails and I'd like to practice snorkelling in Sulawesi. But I'm afraid just to deal with mud flats, leeches and turbid sea waters....

Can you tell more me about january and february in Indonesia? Should I try or should I choose another destinations?

Thank you in advance?

more

Top Three Locations on Island to stay

Bali Nov 13, 2016 at 5:48 AM

Can members advise from their experience of actually visiting, can they advise ...
      if they could spend two or three days in each --- what is their top three locations.
      There are so many locations around the island it would be good to get feedback. I shall stay close to airport on first and last day of trip but will go anywhere which is recommended from there

more
    • Nhwany's Profile Photo

Bali-jogyakarta-surabaya-bandung

Bali Nov 10, 2016 at 12:06 AM

Hi,
      I need help how to go to jogyakarta from bali and from jogyakarta i want to go surabaya and bandung,is there any bus or train beside taking the flight.
      Thanks,Much appreciated

more

How is Javan rainy season in january-february?

Java Nov 4, 2016 at 10:45 AM

Hello!
      I'm planning an Indonesian road trip for january-february and of course Java is an must-see! But I've heard also it is the rainy season at that time. But how does the rain fall at that period? Is it some kind of endless heavy rainfalls or more like unpredictable short rainfalls bursting in the middle of the day, quickly replaced by sun as I experienced in Borneo (Kota Kinabalu)?

I've been in Bali in february. It was sometime a bit rainy but still bearable. Is it the same climate in Java?

Thank you :)
      XXX

more

Is Sulawesi safe for travellers?

Indonesia Nov 3, 2016 at 11:15 AM

Hello!

I'm interested for a long time to visit the island of Sulawesi. I know it's a diving paradise but I've heard there are apparently many social/racial/religious tenses. And I'd like to avoid any troubles. So is there any kind of problems I should be afraid of or is Sulawesi a nice spot to visit, despite some remote tensions that are not tourists concern?

Plus I'd like to rent a car there if it's possible, because I know it's easier plus the island is huge. Is that possible? I mean the main roads look pretty fine so...

About the infrastructures, is that easy to go on islands with ferries or to hike in some national parks, with maybe some agencies for example?

Thank you in advance :)Hello!

I'm interested for a long time to visit the island of Sulawesi. I know it's a diving paradise but I've heard there are apparently many social/racial/religious tenses. And I'd like to avoid any troubles. So is there any kind of problems I should be afraid of or is Sulawesi a nice spot to visit, despite some remote tensions that are not tourists concern?

Plus I'd like to rent a car there if it's possible, because I know it's easier plus the island is huge. Is that possible? I mean the main roads look pretty fine so...

About the infrastructures, is that easy to go on islands with ferries or to hike in some national parks, with maybe some agencies for example?

Thank you in advance :)

more
    • Solo travel during Christmas - New Year period

Bali Nov 7, 2016 at 4:47 AM

I've (25, Male) been thinking of doing a quick solo trip to Bali at the end of this year. Basically would want to fly out of here (Melbourne) on the...— 02/01/2017...back in time for work/the new year

I think I'm opting more for a relaxing period as I've been in Melbourne during this holiday period my whole life, being from Melbourne you can imagine the partying that would've been done.

Ideally in my head it's...soak up the Sun all day every day I would be there, get to know Bali a bit more. Then night time I guess would speak for itself

This would be me traveling solo for the first time
      -Is this an okay time to fly out?
      -Anyone here thinking of doing the same?
      -Is it possible to choose activities to do whilst I'm there, and not necessarily have to pre-plan/organise them here?
      -Anything you guys would suggest/advise/advise against?
      -Anything you may think I need to know, I'm all ears

Thanks guys,

more

January for 7 nights

Bali Nov 3, 2016 at 9:59 AM

Hi members
      I have an opportunity at short notice to visit Bali mid January for 7 nights while i appreciate it is rainy season
      I thought it was worth the visit as it is only a small extra fee from airline to stop off...... would you agree?
      if so is 7 nights too long should it be 5?
      next if staying where is the best location to be and of course where would i find a simple hotel (clean and tidy, fresh linen with good shower and breakfast). and suggestion of costs for basic hotel.
      here's hoping some members can help me with this decision (as has always been the case in the past :)

more
    • Rhonsky's Profile Photo

Expenses, Sorong To Raja Ampat

by Rhonsky Online Now Oct 9, 2015 at 4:19 PM

Anyone in here knows if there's a big supermarket in Sorong City? Hardwares also. We will go to Raja ampat by yacht and I need to fill the cupboards with foods for the trip. Its a pain cos we've been to a bit bigger towns in Indonesia but I can't find any foods that I know. And how to get to the supermarket from the port? and how much is the fare? No one wants to be ripped off. Thank you!

4 Answers Oct 13, 2015 at 4:31 AM
    • What visa/permits do I need to visit Sorong?

by kronix Online Now Aug 5, 2015 at 9:55 PM

I'm planning to visit family in Sorong at the end of the year, but am unsure what visas/permits I need or where to get them. Could someone help me?

Thanks in advance for your help!

5 Answers Aug 6, 2015 at 1:32 AM
    • Hospital facilities in Sorong

by HamishG1 Online Now Mar 2, 2015 at 1:32 PM

What is the name of the Hospital in Sorong and please describe its facilities/standards

1 Answer Apr 7, 2015 at 11:29 AM
    • LiseK5's Profile Photo

Surat jalan

by LiseK5 Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 6:22 PM

if I arrive in a smaller place by Pelni ship,can I get a Surat Jalan ,or does it have to be a big town?

2 Answers Sep 30, 2014 at 9:16 PM
    • 2047hakan's Profile Photo

Sorong-Jayapur

by 2047hakan Online Now Sep 23, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I have trouble to find a flight betwen Sorong and Jayapur...is there any? My plan is to go beginnig feb. -14

3 Answers Oct 18, 2013 at 11:32 AM
    • sorong

by princessTamTam Online Now Oct 10, 2012 at 4:08 AM

Hello everyone! I am going to Sorong for few days and wondering if you could recommend where i can have a good and relaxing body treatment as a massages, facial, hair cut etc. And also good hotels plus night life!!I am working on busy motor yacht and do not have any time to spoil my self and no social life either if anyone can help me with any suggestion i would appreciate it!
      Many thanks and happy days!!!

2 Answers Aug 14, 2015 at 2:14 AM
    • How to get to Srong???

by Lyolya_1502 Online Now Nov 2, 2011 at 6:48 AM

Hello,
      I' m going to Sorong for dive-safari.
      And for my international flights and dates of safari fits only flights by Express airline company.
      Has anyone flown with this company?
      How I can get in touch with them (ask,because they do not have an online-booking system or even e-mail address on their site)???
      If you know any other good airline company, which flies from Manado to Sorong, please, tell about them.
      Thanks in advance! =))
      Lyolya

2 Answers Nov 2, 2011 at 8:56 AM
    • TRAVEL TIMES

by Indraniv Online Now Mar 2, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Is there a "Seasonal" time to travel to Pulau Empat & Sorong ie floods weather wise etc
      We want to travel this April - 15 - 22nd 2011

1 Answer Mar 6, 2011 at 7:32 AM
    • boat rental

by Relayer Online Now Jun 20, 2009 at 3:21 PM

Is it possible to rent a boat to explore Raja Ampat islands independly and if so what would it cost?

Thanks for any help

• sybille's Profile Photo

hotels in Sorong

by sybille Online Now Aug 31, 2006 at 12:21 AM

Has anyone been to Sorong and stayed there in a hotel or guesthouse. it needs to have western toilets and hot/cold shower. If the hotel also has a restaurant that would be cool, but is not necessary.

I'd love to hear from you. Greetings from Cairns,Australia

4 Answers Sep 6, 2006 at 6:54 PM