VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Solapur

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cell phone.

Mumbai Jan 9, 2017 at 7:01 PM

I happened to have a Samsung Galaxy S3 cell phone (USA) that I plan to travel to India with. I have heard that the frequencies used by Indian carriers for GSM-2, 3 may be different from the ones supported by Samsung S3.
      Would there be someone who is using a Samsung Galaxy S3 cell phone in India and knows that it works. Thanks.

John.
      Samsung S3 Specs. :
      gsmchoice.com/en/catalogue/s...

more
    • Getting a sim card for a cell phone.

Mumbai Jan 6, 2017 at 8:26 AM

I am wondering how easy/difficult would it be to get a sim card, perhaps at the Mumbai airport itself. I have all the necessary id's such as my North American passport, Driver's license, Credit card. Having access to a phone would be a definite asset. Any information in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

John.

more
    • Availability of Indian currency.

Mumbai Jan 4, 2017 at 6:22 PM

I plan to visit India for a three week period. I realize there is a currency crunch at this time (Jan. 4th 2017 today) in India. I am wondering if ATM machines in Mumbai have started dispensing out the cash? I have a couple of USA credit cards and a US Bank ATM card. Will it be a grim situation for me? I also have a couple of hundred US Dollars in cash with me. Any suggestion (short of don't come) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

John.

more
    • STAY AT SOLAPUR, MAHARASTRA

by mrinal Online Now Nov 22, 2004 at 12:10 AM

DUE TO RAILWAY RECRUITMENT BOARD EXAM I WOULD BE AT SOLAPUR ON 4 TH DECEMBER 2004 AT 4.30 P.M. SINCE I AM STRANGE TO THE CITY I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT THE CHEAPEST LODGE NEAREST TO ST. JOSEPH SCHOOL, 45 RAILWAY LINES, SOLAPUR BEFORE 1ST DECEMBER 2004. I WOULD REMAIN VERY THANKFULL TO THE PERSON WHO HELPS ME

1 Answer Dec 7, 2007 at 10:26 AM