change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Sogn og Fjordane Travel Answer Locations

• Geiranger from Balestrand

Balestrand Jun 24, 2016 at 5:26 AM

Desire to travel from Balestrand to Geiranger, Norway and return same day. Any public transport feasible? Rates for a taxi hire?

4 Answers Jun 24, 2016 at 8:55 PM
    • oslo to flam for one night in feb

Flåm Jun 19, 2016 at 1:54 PM

i want to go from oslo to flam and then take the flam to myrdal train as well. we will spend the night in flam and then return to oslo next day. what is the best way to do this? also, it will be in feb. will this make any difference?

1 Answer Jun 19, 2016 at 2:59 PM
    • Flam to Balestrand/

Flåm May 28, 2016 at 9:49 AM

We are coming in on a train into Flam at 1900 on a Sunday evening and we need to get to Balestrand that evening. We can't seem to find any boat options for that evening. Any ideas? Can we rent a private boat or are there any other options? Thank you!!

2 Answers May 29, 2016 at 8:41 AM
    • Flam to Gudvagen by bus

Flåm May 21, 2016 at 9:13 PM

hello everyone, we are visiting Flam in June, i wonder if we can take the bus from Flam to Gudvagen and from Gudvagen we are going to Voss to catch the train to Bergen.
      what is the easiest to do it by bus .
      thank you

3 Answers May 22, 2016 at 5:50 AM
    • CPBrody82's Profile Photo

Road/tunnel closures in the general region between Bergen, Odda/Tyssedal, Gudvangen, and Myrdal/Flam

Sogn og Fjordane May 5, 2016 at 10:11 AM

We've planned a trip for the middle 3 weeks of June 2016 that will include some driving, mostly from Bergen to Odda/Tyssedal (Trolltunga visit) around the 3rd week, but also surface (bus/train) from Gudvangen to Bergen the preceding week. Just checking whether there's any road / tunnel closures that we need to plan around. If there's one or more web resources to track this information that would be great too.

3 Answers May 10, 2016 at 3:54 PM
    • Coffee in Myrdal

Myrdal Apr 28, 2016 at 2:35 AM

Can we buy coffee in Myrdal station or nearby?

3 Answers Apr 28, 2016 at 3:29 AM
    • amarnathsanyal's Profile Photo

Choice of places Belstrand OR Flam

Balestrand Apr 12, 2016 at 12:14 AM

We have 2 nights in hand between stays at Oslo and Bergen. We are elderly couple and like peace and nature. Where will we choose to stay at FLAM or BELSTRAND? Please do not introduce other options.Thanks for help.
      Amar

3 Answers Apr 13, 2016 at 12:32 AM
    • Bike rental

Myrdal Mar 15, 2016 at 1:24 PM

I am trying to find a place that will allow us to rent bikes in Myrdal and ride back to Flam. We will only be in Flam one day, July 22nd and when I checked the Flam Railway and Bike Package, it indicated that there was no availability, so I'm trying to find out if there are other options.

1 Answer Mar 26, 2016 at 12:07 AM
    • Rlaumen's Profile Photo

Bergen - Flam - Dayexcursion - Return Bergen in one day

Flåm Feb 23, 2016 at 4:48 AM

Hi,
      My boyfriend and I are going to Norway for 5 days. The first day we will arrive in Oslo and the morning after we will take the train to Bergen.
      We would like to do a one day trip to Flam to do the fjord safari and the Snowshoe hike after. End of the Snowhoe hike is 18:00 o'clock and after that we would like to travel back to Bergen. I checked the trains but the last option is at 16:50 by train. Is there a other possibility to travel back to Bergen in the evening? Or do you recommend to have a night over in Flam?

Hope to hear from you soon.

7 Answers Feb 24, 2016 at 1:06 AM
    • Compressed Norway in Nutshell in November

Flåm Nov 1, 2015 at 2:21 PM

Is it possible in early November (next wk), to do a rather compressed one day side trip from Oslo with following:
      Oslo-Myrdal (Eurailpass), Myrdal-Flam (Flamsbana), Flam - Gudvangen (ferry), Gudvangen-Voss (bus), Voss-Oslo
      (eurailpass-hopefully arriving before 24:00 to maximize use of single day on the pass? I have read that there's a single ferry in winter months, but can't pinpoint the time of departure from Flam. I realize it's a very full day, but I'm trying to get best use of my 5 days of train travel in 2 weeks of travel in Norway in November. Thanks for reply.

3 Answers Nov 4, 2015 at 8:24 PM
    • how to go to Takle(near road FV1) from Ytre Oppedal(near E39),i don't have car, thanks~

Sogn og Fjordane Aug 10, 2015 at 3:20 PM

i will travel to Sogn next week,i will arrival at Ytre Oppedal(near E39),but my hotel is near Ytre Oppedal(near E39),how can i go to my hotel without a car? is there any public transpotation?

Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 11, 2015 at 1:42 AM
    • local transportation in Gudvangen

Gudvangen May 27, 2015 at 8:44 AM

spending a day in Gudvangen, looking for car for hire or car rental to see the surrounding areas. Any info appreciated

2 Answers May 28, 2015 at 11:19 PM
    • Is it possible to travel from Flam to Bergen by boat at the beginning of April?

Flåm Mar 19, 2015 at 7:00 AM

Hoping to catch a fjord cruise from Flam to Bergen early afternoon on April 6 (on the way back from Finse, via Flam Railway). Do these boats only run starting in May, or is it possible to find one operating off season?

Thank you!

5 Answers Mar 19, 2015 at 10:53 AM
    • Flamsbana tickets in Flam

Flåm Feb 1, 2015 at 12:12 PM

We are more interested in the (2hr, 15min) fjordsafari tour in the morning of June 9, 2015. If we miss the 9:30 tour and have to take the 10:55 tour - it would return by 13:10. That would seen to allow us to take the Flamsbana to Myrdal and return in plenty of time before our 18:00 'on-board' time. Our NCL Star cruise is the only ship in port that day as far as I know. Two questions:

For those with experience in Flam, the 9:30 fjordsafari seems to provide us with more than enough time to take the train tour as well - but are my assumptions that the 10:55 fjordsafari tour also allows us to comfortably complete the train trip to Myrdal and return correct?

Since we are the only cruise ship in port that day and not knowing what the weather might be or our desire to take both tours that day, I would like to wait to purchase train tickets until after we return from the fjord tour on the afternoon of June 9. Will that cause any problems?

1 Answer Feb 1, 2015 at 2:50 PM
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

Mid summers Eve

Flåm Jan 8, 2015 at 6:44 PM

I have booked a night in Flam to break up trip to Bergen and I have just realised we will be there on the 23/6 which is midsummers Eve .
      Has anyone experienced this night in Flam before on this special night? And what should we expect besides light all night!
      Have googled it but can find many sites around Norway but not Flam..sounds amazing...

5 Answers May 22, 2015 at 5:45 AM
    • Norway in a Nutshell Bergen to Oslo direction

Flåm Aug 28, 2014 at 9:46 AM

I would like to do Norway in a Nutshell from Bergen to Oslo, but in all of the tours I see the Oslo to Bergen direction only. Can I do Bergen-Voss-Gudvagen-Flam-Myrdar-Oslo? My plan is to travel in April/May 2015.
      Thanks!

5 Answers Aug 29, 2014 at 2:35 AM
    • What to do in Flam for 3 hours?

Flåm Aug 19, 2014 at 6:14 AM

We are taking a Nutshell day tour which gets us in to Flam at 12, then we get the ferry at 15.10 - what would be the best thing to do in that time?

2 Answers Aug 19, 2014 at 10:52 PM
    • Segastein Viewpoint.

Flåm Aug 1, 2014 at 4:22 AM

Do any bus tours operate in September? We are cruising Norway during August & september and most tours seem to stop on the 31st of August.

1 Answer Aug 1, 2014 at 4:29 AM
    • Skjolden to Flam feasible?

Flåm Jul 30, 2014 at 4:54 AM

Hi,

Our ship will be arriving in Skjolden (early August) of a morning and we're desperate to take the children to Flam, mainly for the railway. It seems to be the closest we get to Flam on our itinerary.

Can we get to Flam quicker by an express boat or something? Or land travel only - if so is this going to be tricky (bearing in mind we have children in tow?)

Any advice would be much appreciated - thanks.

2 Answers Jul 30, 2014 at 5:26 AM
    • Is this trip possible

Flåm Jul 21, 2014 at 6:50 AM

We want to go from Flam to Myrdal and then on to Voss by train and can we get a bus back to Flam. We are on a cruise and have one day

3 Answers Jul 21, 2014 at 8:08 AM
    • Flam to Voss

Flåm Jul 7, 2014 at 12:35 PM

What are the public transport options from Flam to Voss
      ?

2 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 1:45 PM
    • Jammerman's Profile Photo

Bus transport to Alesund from Sognefjord?

Balestrand Jun 30, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Planning well ahead (1 year) for early June 2015 trip to Norway. Working North thru Fjords.
      Can someone tell me if there is a bus transport to Alesund from any of the locations in the Sognefjord , either Sogndal, Balestrand, Fjaerland, or other location
      Thanks

1 Answer Jul 1, 2014 at 6:57 AM
    • Bus from Flam to Myrdal

Flåm May 27, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Is there a coach from Flam to Myrdal, and how long does it take and where do we uy tickets? Thanks

2 Answers May 27, 2014 at 10:25 PM
    • B-AlRushaidi's Profile Photo

Shipping a car from Flam to the Lofoten Island

Flåm May 20, 2014 at 4:43 AM

hello
      I will be travelling from Oslo to flam by rented car and i want to visit the Lofoten Island (Bodo, Reine and Svolvaer) which is fart distance from Flam. My question is there any ferry or boats that i can ship the car from Flam or bergen to the Lofoten Island? please advise.

1 Answer May 20, 2014 at 5:44 AM
    • Short connections at Myrdal - safe to book?

Flåm May 17, 2014 at 12:56 AM

I'll be taking the train from Bergen - Flåm in August, and have read in some (quite old) forums that the trains are super reliable and, if they are ever late, will wait for passengers connecting to the Flåm railway and/or mainline. However, NSB has a warning on their website about booking short connections. I'm wondering if the trains can be relied upon and whether it is true that they will wait in the event of a journey in either direction being delayed? The options often seem to be either 7min or 90mins between connections, and I understand there is nothing at Myrdal to occupy one's time. Many thanks in advance for your advice!

3 Answers Jun 1, 2014 at 8:14 AM
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Flam Accommodation

Flåm May 13, 2014 at 12:30 PM

I am hoping to travel from Bergen to Oslo, stopping on the way to do the Norway in a Nutshell tour. I thought a good option would be to travel from Bergen to Flam, then do the Flam-Aurlandsfiord-Naeroyfiorden-Voss Tour, return to Flam, spend the night there or nearby, and continue on to Oslo the next day. The intention of course is to spend a night in the beautiful Norwegian scenery, but without spending a fortune on the experience.

Does anyone have an suggestions on a good place to stay in the area?

And is there any other equally nice scenery anywhere else in the Bergen area?

Or any other suggestions?

4 Answers May 14, 2014 at 3:00 PM
    • touring once off the ship

Flåm Apr 29, 2014 at 12:38 AM

we are going on a cruise from Southampton on may 9. its our first time . so don't know how to get around once we leave the ship. what is the cost of taxi . compared with take a tourist package from the boat

3 Answers Apr 29, 2014 at 8:44 AM
    • Flam to Sogndal

Flåm Feb 28, 2014 at 7:39 AM

We are planning to go from Flam to Sogndal and the next day from Sogndal for glacier walk at Nigardsbreen around 17 or 18 Jun, What transportation can we take for these two trips? I knew from postings online that there is no ferry for Flam to Sogndal in summer. Is that right?

2 Answers Feb 28, 2014 at 6:03 PM
    • Flam Railway

Flåm Feb 25, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Do you have the schedule for the end of June, 2014. Can you reserve a seat on the Flam Railway in advance of your arrival?

2 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 1:38 AM
    • Flam to Voss or Flam to Bergen by bus?

Flåm Feb 21, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Hey,

Does anyone know a reliable site to check if there is any bus service from Flam to Bergen or to Voss t least. I wanted to travel from Flam to Bergen on 04.05.2014, but there are no trains due to some train engineering works.

Many thanks!

7 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 6:36 AM