VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Sneem Travel Answers

change location

Sneem...

by JenJ Online Now Dec 30, 2003 at 2:38 PM

can someone tell me how far it it to the nearest beach to sneem village?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • globetrott's Profile Photo

Re: Sneem...

by globetrott Online Now Dec 30, 2003 at 2:54 PM

Hi ! I hope you are talking about the village in the Ring of Kerry/Ireland. There is a small river running through Sneem and I remember that there was a small campingsite under the main-bridge of Sneem, right after a waterfall. This river gets rather wide after a few 100 meters from the village of Sneem and will finally flow into the sea. There will be many places to swim, although I would not call this a beach and the water might be colder than the open sea. The sandy beaches might be in a distance of 1-2 Km.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • healy_ger's Profile Photo

Re: Sneem...

by healy_ger Online Now Jan 6, 2004 at 8:36 AM

The village of Derrynane is about 10 miles from Sneem, this is where you'll find one of the best beaches. It's called Castle cove, it has a 500 M beach surrounded by cliffs. One of the best things about it is that there is a bar on the beach, this is very unusual in Ireland. There is also a campsite there.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines