change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• montanabob's Profile Photo

Slovenia train travel

Slovenia Nov 26, 2016 at 8:35 PM

Ease and expense of train travel in Slovenia.

3 Answers Nov 27, 2016 at 1:06 PM
    • montanabob's Profile Photo

Slovenia train travel

Slovenia Nov 26, 2016 at 8:35 PM

Ease and expense of train travel in Slovenia.

1 Answer Nov 26, 2016 at 11:16 PM
    • July and August

Ljubno Oct 30, 2016 at 9:43 AM

I will be in the Ljubno area for the summer of 2017. I would like information on activities for the area. Thank you.

4 Answers Dec 3, 2016 at 6:56 AM
    • travelnut71's Profile Photo

Quick inexpensive way from Venice airport to Koper??

Slovenia Jul 24, 2016 at 8:58 AM

I only saw trains right now, when I did look at itinerary it wasn't clear on the switch in Trieste and it's only a 15 min before boarding the next. It notes about ground transport, is the station not the same? No direct buses to Koper? Do kids pay on public buses and trains? Thanks!

8 Answers Jul 25, 2016 at 1:14 AM

Hotels at reasonable prices?

Slovenia Jul 23, 2016 at 10:32 AM

I was very excited and encouraged to go to Slovenia this year after a few discussions with some European friends who claimed prices even in August are cheaper than elsewhere, even last minute. I thought it was logical as Italy can be pricey, but when I started looking Slovenia seemed just as pricey with less options . I checked Airbnb and as usual either they are sold out or limit visitors to 2 people per room. I checked booking site , hoteles.es Expedia, trivago you name it. Is there something I am missing? It would be from July 29 to first week of August at different places. I even tried the thermals as I find them interesting but when you click to book they have a limit that you need to stay minimum 3 nights or 5, we don't have that time as we want to visit elsewhere. We have 2 minimum. The places we are interested is Bled, Capital city, Vintgar gorge, soca river, caves. We will skip the east side this time.

WE do have a CAR and we don't mind travelling up to 30 minutes if it gives us a better room.

Thank you.

7 Answers Jul 24, 2016 at 3:13 PM

Where is entrance to kayak On Soca?

Slovenia Jul 23, 2016 at 10:18 AM

Hi all.

We would want to have some information on Soca river. First, we have two small children none swim, 6 and 7 years old, neither I. We would like to take advantage of this beauty though the river looks calm, is there a place we come to enter and rent, swim, easy picturesque hikes besides Vintgar gorge, other activities for kids? Is it cool near/ in lake at this time of year? Thank you!

6 Answers Jul 24, 2016 at 5:14 AM
    • Getting from the airport to Ljubljana

Ljubljana Jul 10, 2016 at 5:56 AM

Dear VT friends in Ljubljana

I am coming to Slovenia for the first time at the end of the month. I'm staying a few days then flying out for a day then coming back. So I will have four trips to the airport and as my hotel (the Radisson Blu Plaza on Bratislavska Cesta) is offering me a transfer at €25 I wanted to see if there was a cheaper option by bus and tram.

My second question is about how the Ljubljana bus/Tram system works and if you pay the driver or by a bus card in advance.

All help very gratefully received!

2 Answers Jul 11, 2016 at 12:49 PM
    • Travel from Slovenia to Hungary

Slovenia Jul 2, 2016 at 11:27 PM

Hi,

In August we (a late 20s couple) are traveling from Ljubljana to Bled then back to Ljubljana and then on to Budapest. Is taking a train the best option for our travels? If so, do you have any recommendations on which train company or the best times to travel?

Many thanks for your assistance :)
      Rachel

3 Answers Jul 3, 2016 at 4:09 AM
    • alslmarchant@gmail.c

Slovenia Jun 18, 2016 at 9:54 PM

Slovenia Izola walking to Piran is it worth walking or should I catch a bus

5 Answers Jun 19, 2016 at 4:00 AM
    • trains in slovenia

Mestna Obcina Ljubljana May 22, 2016 at 10:50 PM

What's it like for traveling on trains in Slovenia

2 Answers May 23, 2016 at 8:19 AM
    • From Bled to Vienna

Slovenia Mar 6, 2016 at 6:55 AM

Hi, I am planning travel to Slovenia for several days, but the last day I have to go to Vienna to catch my flight. My last night will stay in Bled. I would like to know if there are any bus or other ways can take directly from Bled to Vienna( Austria), so that I don’t have to back to Ljubjana to take bus or train. Many thanks!

• vruzic's Profile Photo

New Year 2016

Bled Dec 28, 2015 at 1:26 AM

Can you recomend me some event ? and good cheap restorants?

5 Answers Dec 28, 2015 at 7:43 AM
    • Pear Brandy Tour

Ljubljana Dec 15, 2015 at 7:52 AM

Hello!
      In May I'm going on a study trip to Ljubljana with 23 students. I would love to take them to a traditional brewery in Ljubljana (or very near). I myself have been to Slovenia many times when I was young, but never in Ljubljana, I remember the trees with the bottles, and grappa!
      Any tips (also for other fun activities) would be very much appreciated! (since we are students our budget is limited..)

5 Answers Dec 17, 2015 at 12:04 AM
    • driving in winter

Kranjska Gora Nov 1, 2015 at 1:37 PM

We are thinking of driving to Kranjska Gora from Budapest between Christmas and New Years. How are the roads in winter?

2 Answers Nov 4, 2015 at 9:38 PM
    • E2D+'s Profile Photo

Ljubljana airport - Rogaska Slatina on 23 October

Rogaska Slatina Oct 6, 2015 at 11:55 AM

I'm looking a companion to take a taxi from Ljubliana airport to Rogaska Slatina on 23 October. Is there anybody to join?

2 Answers Oct 7, 2015 at 4:26 AM
    • E2D+'s Profile Photo

Ljubljana airport -Rogaska Slatina on 23 October

Slovenia Oct 6, 2015 at 11:43 AM

I'm looking for a companion to take a taxi from Ljubliana airport to Rogaska Slatina on 23 October. Is there anybody to join?

• minnie_rambler's Profile Photo

5 Days Slovenia Itinerary

Slovenia Sep 18, 2015 at 4:04 AM

Hello Friends,

I have planned to visit Slovenia July 2016. Planning to spend 5 full days in Slovenia. Have distributed those precious days like below:

Day1:Ljubljana Day2:Ljubljana Day3:Day trip to Lake Bled Day4:Day trip to Piran or Kranj - Please suggest the most picturesque one ?
      Day5: Day trip to  Maribor or Ptuj - Please suggest the most picturesque one ?

This is a rough itinerary. Need your expertise suggestions to alter the itinerary to make it a best one:) If 2 days not at all required for Ljubljana then you can suggest alternatives as well!!

Thanks in advance :)

Minnie

19 Answers Sep 22, 2015 at 12:13 PM
    • Is it fit for the disabled?

Obcina Skocjan Aug 22, 2015 at 3:14 AM

How difficult is the trail? Many steps? Is it possible to walk only part of the way?

4 Answers Aug 23, 2015 at 12:58 PM
    • Travel from Ljubljana to Bled and Venice

Slovenia Aug 21, 2015 at 8:28 AM

Hi ,
      My plan is to travel from Zagreb to Ljubljana in the morning then get the bus to Bled . I would like to visit Vintgar Gorge the same day and back to stay in the hostel in Bled.

How often of the bus from Bled lake to Vintgar Gorge ? Is it safe to walk there alone ?

The next day I'm thinking of staying in Ljubljana then try to go to Venice the day after but I'm not sure if travel from Bled or Ljubljana to Venice is better and cheaper and how to get there. ( I'm on a budget solo backpack )

Plesse help , Thanks in advance :)

8 Answers Aug 30, 2015 at 9:10 AM
    • samitbabu's Profile Photo

Piran to Venice : Travel options

Piran Aug 19, 2015 at 2:56 AM

I need to travel from Piran to Venice on 24th Sep , friday.
      Did not find any ferry options.
      If I need to take atrain from where is it advisable ?
      Can someone please advise ?
      Any other travel options ? I have checked Goopti ? Is this a good option ?

3 Answers Aug 19, 2015 at 5:22 AM
    • samitbabu's Profile Photo

Piran to Venice : Travel solutions

Piran Aug 19, 2015 at 1:00 AM

Hi,
      I need to travel from Piran (Slove to Venice on the 24th Sep 2015, Friday.
      We are a Team of 5 adults and a 2 year infant.
      I checked the ferry lines and none are available on that day.
      I checked rail connections and did not find any that day.
      What other solutions do I have ?
      I need to reach venice that night since I am flying back the next day.

Please help.
      Thanks,
      Samit

4 Answers Aug 19, 2015 at 1:33 AM
    • Ljubljana transport

Mestna Obcina Ljubljana Aug 14, 2015 at 3:07 AM

I arrive in Ljubjana airport next week and I have to meet my friend at the bus station to get a bus to Kranjska Gora. Is it easy to find the bus which takes you to the bus station from the airport and how much should I expect to pay for a return to and from KG?

2 Answers Aug 16, 2015 at 1:14 PM
    • Airport Taxi at midnight

Maribor Aug 10, 2015 at 9:28 AM

Hi,

My flight to Maribor lands at 23:05.
      I haven't seen any buses running at that time so I'm going to need a taxi.

Does anyone know if taxis wait around outside, or do I need to book one in advance?

Thanks, Katherine

2 Answers Aug 12, 2015 at 9:08 AM
    • day trips from Bled

Slovenia Aug 3, 2015 at 5:45 AM

My husband and I are seniors and will be spending 8 days in Bled.
      We'd appreciate information on day trips to see some must sees.
      We like scenery and lakes. We'll have a car, but we intend to do
      leisurely walks around Bled rather than go on a trip every day.
      We'd also like to possibly drive to Croatia 1 day to Plitvice, so would
      appreciate advice regarding that as well. (We do not eat in restaurants,
      so not interested in restaurant advice)
      Thanks.

8 Answers Aug 12, 2015 at 10:08 AM
    • childrens store with super cute backpacks?

Bled Jul 25, 2015 at 10:13 PM

I was in Bled at the end of May and stayed at house klasika. I purchased a really amazing childrens backpack on my way from the tourist center to house klasika. The store was on ground level, on the right side of the street before I got to the post office. It was stolen on the train home and I would really like to purchase another from the same store. Do you Know the store? Can you send me their information? It was a childrens backpack, pink, whimsical with a Victorian style cartoon on the front and amazing. Thank you for your help. I know this is a strange request, but it's the only thing i purchased for myself the whole vacation and Bled was my most favorite place we visited. I would love a reminder of it.

2 Answers Jul 26, 2015 at 12:32 AM
    • lakeview apartment recommendataion

Bled Jul 13, 2015 at 4:29 AM

I'm interested in a recommendation for a lakeview apartment not a hotel, for 2 seniors,
      near a walkway around the lake where we don't have to climb down a hill to
      get to the lake.

1 Answer Jul 29, 2015 at 10:50 PM
    • where to swim with the dog

Koper Jul 1, 2015 at 2:14 PM

Hi, is there any place in Koper, Slovenia, where we can swim with the dog? I mean some place without big stones at the edge of the sea. We are already in Koper. Many thanks. Jitka ;)

6 Answers Aug 18, 2016 at 3:53 AM
    • Rachel972's Profile Photo

Last night before our flight home

Slovenia Jun 24, 2015 at 7:44 AM

I'm looking for a pleasant place to stay our last night, 100 km or less from the Zagreb airport. The day before we'll be coming from the west side or Ljubljana and have to return the car in the early afternoon.

Maybe in this case I will have to use highways, but I don't now yet if in Slovenia or Croatia.

3 Answers Jun 24, 2015 at 12:00 PM

North Slovenia, crossing to Austria

Slovenia Jun 24, 2015 at 3:33 AM

We'll drive around the north side of Slovenia the area of Logarska Dolina. I see on my old map that the roads cross corners of Austria. Of course I'll get updated info when we're there.

Years ago when we drove in Austria we had to pay for a vignette, which was valid for a whole year - even if we're in Austria only a day or two. Now we rent our car in Zagreb, and most of our driving is in Slovenia.

Is it the same now?

32 Answers Jun 29, 2015 at 1:20 PM

Resrerving hotels in July

Slovenia Jun 21, 2015 at 10:56 AM

We're going to Slovenia for ten days, mostly in the mountains. In the past, in Slovenia and other countries, we found rooms in the afternoon – without reserving in advance.

In the last years I reserved in advance, and of course had to get there. Now I don't know how far we'll drive, or if the weather will be bad and we have to change direction.

On our earlier trip in September there was no problem finding rooms, even with three beds (we don't need that this time). But in July would it be more crowded? It's also fourteen years after our first trip.

I can always try to reserve one day ahead, probably people have cancellations.

7 Answers Jun 22, 2015 at 12:13 AM