change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• travelthrough's Profile Photo

Visiting Przren and Ferizaj/Urosevac?

Kosovo Oct 16, 2016 at 1:12 AM

I would like to visit Kosovo for 3 days from Skopje. From Przren I´d like to visit Ferizaj (Urosevac) on a day trip. Are there regular buses?
      Also, I would like to ask travelers or locals if at present the security situation is safe in these cities?
      Is the Euro widely accepted and are there cash machines for Master card?

Thank you!

• travelthrough's Profile Photo

question transport Skopje - Przren

Republic of Macedonia Oct 13, 2016 at 5:54 AM

I want to visit Skopje and go there for a 2 day trip to Przren in Kosovo.

Are there buses, from where do they depart and how long will the tour take?

Also, is the border control in Kosovo strict for EU citizens and will I have to wait long?

Thank you.

• Long-term Monastery Stay / Lake Ohud

Republic of Macedonia Sep 22, 2016 at 11:20 AM

I would like to do a meditation retreat near Lake Ohud for 3 months starting december and I would like to know what is best to do ?
      I need somewhere quiet and natural, and not very expensive, my budget maybe 15EUR/day ish.
      Can anyone recommend where I can go ?
      Is there a monastery there ?
      And can you swim in the lake ?
      And how cold is it in winter ?

• stamoz's Profile Photo

orientation tips

by stamoz Online Now Aug 6, 2016 at 1:13 PM

hello everyone,

I kindly ask if anyone knows how far train and bus stations are from eachother. The reason is I'm booking a train ticket Beograd-Skopje but I've just been able to find bus tickets for Skopje-Sofia.

Has anyone travelled thru the Beograd-Skopje-Sofia by train mainly? Thank you

5 Answers Aug 7, 2016 at 2:27 PM
    • JohnMounfield's Profile Photo

Need to know what is happening in skopje

by JohnMounfield Online Now Jul 24, 2016 at 7:44 PM

I need to know if there are skopje local news papers printed in english

2 Answers Jul 25, 2016 at 1:14 AM
    • ZOEGV's Profile Photo

Lake Ohrid travel

by ZOEGV Online Now Jul 13, 2016 at 6:56 PM

Hello...Are there many bus options or is a car rental the best option from Skopje to Ohrid? We may stay over one night and would like to be by the lake. We will be in Skopje for a wedding/touring from 7/26 through 7/31. Thanks!

5 Answers Jul 15, 2016 at 4:24 PM
    • Joyous28's Profile Photo

Skopje to Thessaloniki

by Joyous28 Online Now Jun 1, 2016 at 12:17 PM

Hi everyone, I am planning to travel to Macedonia and Greece for 8 days. Does anyone know if the border crossing from Skopje to Thessaloniki is safe and how long is it taking? I have tried to search this forum but did not see travel advisories anywhere. I am traveling alone, so I want to be extra cautious. Thank you :)

8 Answers Jun 6, 2016 at 8:42 AM
    • JohnMounfield's Profile Photo

Airlines from Skopje to UK

by JohnMounfield Online Now May 29, 2016 at 3:19 PM

I need to fly from Skopje to northern UK in July. Which airlines/websites could I use

8 Answers Jun 1, 2016 at 10:58 AM
    • Thessaloniki-Skopje

by beste916 Online Now May 24, 2016 at 1:21 AM

I am planning to have an interrail trip which involves the route Thessaloniki-Skopje. Although I've scheduled my plan according to the timetable provided by and checked the plan many times, I realized two days ago that the route is no longer available at the website.
      Do you know whether the train still runs from Thessaloniki to Skopje? If it is not the case what are the other means of transportation to Skopje?

9 Answers May 25, 2016 at 2:35 AM
    • Communist or war related places in skopke

by maurikz Online Now Feb 18, 2016 at 12:52 AM

Anyone know any place? thankyou

3 Answers Feb 18, 2016 at 9:48 PM
    • events, theater, etc in skopje

by maurikz Online Now Feb 7, 2016 at 3:05 AM

Hello, please if somebody can answer some of this questions, we are going from the 20th to the 23th febraury I will apreciate it:

1. Some kind of circus in the city? like gypsy or normal circus
      2. Punk and heavymetal or rock bars, concerts? Better if groups sing in macedonian, not in english
      3. Gypsies neiborhoods where we can visit and are not dangerous.
      4. Neiborhoods of minorities or religious
      5. Any dangerous places to avoid?
      6. Flea markets
      7. Food markets

Thank you very much

4 Answers Feb 7, 2016 at 6:24 AM
    • KFWong's Profile Photo

Driving in rented van from Skopje to Sofia

by KFWong Online Now Feb 6, 2016 at 1:06 AM

We are from Malaysia. Our travel group of 7 adults have planned a 3 week self drive tour of the Balkans in May 2016. We will rent a van to drive in a loop from Sofia - Belgrade - Zagreb - Ljubljana - Plitvicka Jezera NP - Split - Dubrovnik - Kotor - Tirana - Ohrid - Skopje - Sofia.

On our last day (21st May 2016), we plan to drive @ 1000hr from Skopje to Sofia Airport to return the rented van @ 1800hr, and then catch our flight to KUL @ ETD 2130hr. The drive on route E871 is approx 250km / 4 hr drive.

We need advice on the following questions;
      1. As we are driving a rented van, would we face issues with the border control guards at the border crossing from Macedonia into Bulgaria with our passports and/or rented van ? The rental car company in Sofia will give us a Power of Attorney certificate to allow us to drive the rented van through the destinations on our trip itinerary, or
      2. Should we depart a day in advance (ie on 20th May 2016) from Skopje to Sofia in case we face issues with the border guards and is delayed for half a day ? If this happen, then we one extra day to resolve any issues with the border guards to allow us to drive our rented van to Sofia.

Would appreciate your valued advice on the above. TQ

16 Answers Sep 30, 2016 at 6:39 AM
    • DarkoT's Profile Photo

Carrefour in Skopje

by DarkoT Online Now Jan 16, 2016 at 5:08 AM

Cannot fnd any info whether Carrefour is still opened..
      heard it is really big and many products are on sales..

3 Answers Jan 16, 2016 at 10:51 PM
    • Getting from Skopje

by CoweyB Online Now Jan 13, 2016 at 12:02 AM

Could anyone advise me how to get from Skopje airport to The hotel koka? Is there a bus that goes nearby or is better just to get a taxi? If taxis best how much should I expect to pay or is there a set fare?

As always, thank you for your help.

5 Answers Jan 13, 2016 at 8:16 PM
    • Bus Skopje Thessaloniki and return?

by blaehboy74 Online Now Nov 24, 2015 at 4:43 AM

I fly to Skopje next weekend and I thinking about a short trip to Thessaloniki.
      Are both daily busses are still running in both directions?
      Does anybody know what the average border waiting time from Greece to Macedonia is?

3 Answers Nov 24, 2015 at 2:16 PM
    • Music in Skopje

by Kristinailund Online Now Oct 30, 2015 at 9:07 AM

Opera or kletzmer in Skopje on the 6th ot 7th of November?

2 Answers Oct 30, 2015 at 4:40 PM
    • skopje to sunny beach

by AzdrenB Online Now Aug 5, 2015 at 10:07 AM

is there any direct bus line from skopje to sunny beach bulgaria please help

1 Answer Aug 5, 2015 at 1:02 PM
    • e cig shop in macedonia skopje

by AmmarE Online Now Jul 12, 2015 at 3:14 AM

where can i find a good electronic cigarette shop in macedonia skopje

1 Answer Jul 12, 2015 at 9:45 AM
    • taxi services

by drumheller Online Now Jul 3, 2015 at 2:51 AM

Can anyone tell me if Plus travel Skopje & shuttle -taxi Skopje are the same company ,and if so can they be recommended.
      Thank you.

2 Answers Jul 3, 2015 at 10:48 AM
    • Phyllis-Omar's Profile Photo

Lake Matka

by Phyllis-Omar Online Now Jun 14, 2015 at 4:30 PM

What is the best way to go to Lake Matka from Skopje? Can you give options and costs?To make a boat trip there do you have to hire the whole boat or can you join an existing group etc.? What is the cost of a boat trip? Any info, tips will be highly appreciated.

8 Answers Jun 20, 2015 at 10:26 PM
    • Phyllis-Omar's Profile Photo

Skopje to Bitola by bus

by Phyllis-Omar Online Now Jun 9, 2015 at 5:03 PM

we will be travelling to Macedonia in September and we would like to make a day trip to bitola from skopje. How often are the buses? what is the current rate for bus ride from skopje to bitola ?
      How much would a taxi cost to go and come back? anyone knows any taxi drivers to do that?

1 Answer Jun 9, 2015 at 5:50 PM
    • where to go for salsa dancing

by IwanS Online Now May 13, 2015 at 4:20 PM

where to go for salsa dancing on may 15th or may 16th

1 Answer May 13, 2015 at 11:44 PM
    • Skiing in Austria

by Alpenblogger Online Now Apr 17, 2015 at 4:05 AM

Hi @ all!
      I have a question! My boyfriend and me really love skiing. In January 2015 we have been for one week to Austria, in the Zillertal. Our Hotel Gaspingerhof was located in a small village called Gerlos and we had access to over 139 km of slopes and one direct to our hotel. The hotel has a big SPA area and a huge offer of beauty and massage (also Yoga) and the culinary was indescribable.
      Next year we want to do such a winter holiday again. Does anybody have a recommendation? Maybe in Salzburg or Tyrol again?
      Thank you

3 Answers Jun 2, 2015 at 11:00 AM
    • Skopje - Istanbul Bus Questions

by MacedoniaLiving Online Now Feb 18, 2015 at 4:32 AM

Hey! I will be taking a bus from Skopje to Istanbul and I have three questions:
      1) What is the best bus company to travel with? Wifi? Bathroom Breaks, etc!
      2) What is the Address of the bus station in Istanbul that the bus drops you off at?
      3) Since I will be arriving hella Early - any recommendations on what to do when I arrive?

Thank you kindly for your response!

2 Answers Feb 18, 2015 at 6:43 AM
    • Mgashark's Profile Photo

Coming to Skopje 26.2.15

by Mgashark Online Now Jan 16, 2015 at 9:06 AM

Coming to Skopje on 26.2.15 for 2 days, can anyone recommend me the best things to do ?

7 Answers Jan 16, 2015 at 2:37 PM
    • Skopje to Tirana

by Richyh Online Now Jan 14, 2015 at 5:28 PM

Is there a daytime, clean safe bus from Skopje to Tirana in June?

3 Answers Jan 15, 2015 at 7:16 AM
    • bus services from /to Sofia / Skopje

by drumheller Online Now Dec 23, 2014 at 5:51 AM

My wife & myself (both Senior Citizens ) have visited quite a number of eastern European countries but never Macedonia. We are thinking of flying from the UK to Sofia and then hopefully getting a bus from there to Skopje and back. I would be obliged if anyone could help me on this matter ,we prefer busses to Taxis,obviously because of the expense.

4 Answers Dec 23, 2014 at 1:39 PM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Opening hours of churches

by agathi Online Now Sep 28, 2014 at 5:46 AM

Hallo my friends. Can you tell me pls the opening hours of the church of saint Nikita in Gornjani village or whom can we ask to open the church for us?

I read that saint Panteleimon church in Nerezi, is open 11:00-17:00 and closed on Mondays.
      Is this true? Is it also true that there is a hotel there to spend the night?

43 Answers Oct 12, 2014 at 10:45 AM
    • Skopje to Istanbul bus or fly?

by Deacoz Online Now Jul 27, 2014 at 2:55 AM

Hello, next week I will be in Skopje and would like some information for bus times, cost and experiences.

I'm aware the journey takes around 13 hours and perhaps flying with Pegasus Airlines could be a better option at €93?

3 Answers Jul 27, 2014 at 2:28 PM
    • REVEREND-1977's Profile Photo

Skopje -delight

by REVEREND-1977 Online Now Jul 26, 2014 at 4:24 PM

I would like to ask, what is it like in the jukebox and whereabout is the location in skopje? also, what music events are on during the weekdays? I am planning to visit skopje in early October but from sunday to friday most likely.
      Also what style of music is played - both bands and music night and is there a dancefloor for music motion for after the bands finish?
      I visited Skopje in 2013 and loved it there. Just would love to find a few night clubs for music and enjoyment for the night times, whilst exploring some beautiful places during the day. Thanks

2 Answers Aug 21, 2014 at 11:02 AM
    • Skopje-Pristine train

by spala Online Now Jun 16, 2014 at 6:56 AM

I am planning to go to Pristine from Skopje. Bus timetable of SAS does not suit my airplane departure time. I need to arrive Pristine at 14:00 most lately. What other options including train could be possible?

9 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 11:13 AM
    • Is there any Internet Cafe in Skopje?

by TI.MiyokoGoto Online Now Apr 24, 2014 at 7:03 AM

I'm looking for an Internet Cafe in the city. I want to use a desktop computer that can burn DVD/CD-Rs. From Google searches, I cannot find any result. Could you tell me one if you know any, please?

1 Answer Apr 24, 2014 at 7:44 AM
    • Albert Einsten

by amore007 Online Now Mar 18, 2014 at 4:06 AM

Hello all,

I would like to know in which district is located the ALBERT Einstein str in skopje

2 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 10:27 AM