Travel Answers
Sindlingen

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Help with Black Forest itinerary please !

Black Forest Aug 1, 2016 at 2:10 AM

Hi
      Me and my husband with our two children 15 and 13 years old are heading to Black Forest area on 25th of October. We will arrive at Frankfurt airport from Berlin (by train) to receive our rented car then to our pre-booked farm house in a village near Linden (some where in the east of the forest).
      We will stay 5 nights and this is our primary itinerary. I need your expert suggestions of any modifications. We don't plan to hiking or dining but only to getting around to picturesque places, beautiful nature, culture and history. We also able to go to a lot of places in one day and love walking and not get tired quickly.

25 October Frankfurt airport (13:30 pm) to the farmhouse in Tennenbronn Schramberg (3 hours drive) then walking in the area around the house in the forest.

26 October driving in the early morning to Triberger falls then to Titisee lake then to Todtnau falls and the roller coaster and may be the cable cars.

27 October driving in the early morning to Colmar (France) then to Strasburg.

28 October driving to Europpark (for my kids).

29 October, I am not decided yet to drive to Interlaken in Switzerland (3 hours drive) because I had been there before and my kids are not, they would love to see the high range mountains of the Alps. We can start the journey at 6 am arrive at 9 am then leave at 4 or 5 pm (sunset in this area is around 5pm)
      Or to go to Baden-Baden but if it is similar to Strasburg or Colmar they will be enough.

I heard also of the open air museum I don't know where is it and on which day can be done. I would like also to see the coco clock making and may be a castle or something.

I would appreciate all your comments and thanks in advance, I always relied on your suggestions in all my previous trips.

more