Sichuan Sheng

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• VOA to shenzhen

Shenzhen Oct 18, 2016 at 8:55 PM

Hi, I am Indonesian. I will go to Shenzhen via Hongkong in December 2016 with my family,
      is Visa On Arrival (VOA) still available?
      Please kindly advise . Thanks.

• travel to Luang Namtha

Kunming Oct 18, 2016 at 3:22 AM

In December we would like to travel from Kunming to Luang Namtha. To save time, we would like to hire a car and driver. Does anybody know approximate cost, time of travel and possible companies to contact please.
      Many thanks

• Suzanne_M's Profile Photo

Anyang Oct 8, 2016 at 10:44 AM

i would like to go away on vacation in DECEMBER-JANUARY. i can leave as early as DECEMBER 10, 2016 and return at the latest on JANUARY 8, 2017. i would like to go somewhere SUNNY and HOT, preferably with a BEACH, and NOT (TOO) EXPENSIVE. i would be travelling alone. i am not too fussy about the destination, but a basic minimim would be nice. is there a website that has special deals with last-minute deal on 'surprise' destinations? i heard about that some time ago, but i am not sure where. thanks in advance!
      p.s. i would be leaving from MONTREAL, QUEBEC.

• Manufacturers carved wooden french style table legs

China Oct 15, 2016 at 9:45 PM

Where can I get info regarding factories in China who manufacture carved wooden table legs. It must be accessible from Hong Kong by train. I search but need more info.
      Regards Elze

• What to visit in/near Yangchun?

Yangchun Sep 22, 2016 at 4:55 AM

I'm teaching English in Yangchun for 4 months as an internship. Does anyone know what is there around to visit on weekends? Or what places are nice to go out to in the city (parks, entertainment)?
      Also, if you know how I could find some internationals or English speakers it would be very helpful!
      Thank you!

• Internet and tours

Xi'an Sep 30, 2016 at 7:40 AM

I will be in Xian from 9-15 October this year. I have a few questions:
      - is there a need to configure my Samsung Note to access internet?
      - is it cheaper to use private taxi/driver or to join advertised tours on viator for two senior travellers
      - how to get to Citadines Central Aparthotel from Xian airport?

Appreciate advice. Thank you.

• Beijing Capital International Airport

Beijing Shi Sep 26, 2016 at 7:05 AM

Do you think 60 minutes is enough for international transfer in Terminal 3 at Capital Airport?
      I am landing at 12:25 and the connecting flight is at 13:25, so I have exactly 60 minutes.

• Best day trip to see the Great Wall

China Oct 1, 2016 at 6:12 AM

Hello, we are traveling to Bejiing next week for several days (I know it will be busy as it is a national holiday), but want to know recommendations for best experiences at the Great Wall. We have looked at several tour agencies, it is advised to take a tour with a guide? If so, is it possible to book the trip from our hotel once we arrive, or do we need to book ahead of time? recommendations? thank you.

Popular Sichuan Sheng Travel Answer Locations

• Rail from Chengdu to Leshan

Chengdu Nov 2, 2015 at 1:15 AM

How easy is it to take the high speed rail from Chengdu to Leshan? And once in Leshan station, what is the best way to get to the Buddha? What are the expected travel times?

1 Answer Nov 2, 2015 at 6:15 AM
    • Whats fun, in a non-touristy way?

Chengdu Aug 29, 2015 at 11:04 PM

Hey people. I'm in Chengdu with my girlfriend at the moment, and we are looking for something fun to do, that ain't the typical "oh go see peoples park" or "look at something really chinese" - No we want to have fun. Bowl, swim, skate - whatever. Something funny for people who lives here as well. Do you have any suggestions to what we might be able to do ?

1 Answer Aug 30, 2015 at 3:55 AM
    • Jiuzhaigou Region in April

Jiuzhaigou Jul 23, 2015 at 5:34 PM

We have been told that March to April is low season in Jiuzhaigou. Only 5 star and several 4 stars hotels are open. The others will be closed to the end of April. Also there is only basic service in the area.

Is it still possible to go to Jiuzhaigou region in April (2016) or is it better to go later in the year? We know that the walking tracks may be closed but is it still possible to get public buses to/from the park area and are they regular? Also do the buses within the park still run?

2 Answers Jul 29, 2015 at 6:34 PM
    • Guide for Chengdu & Leshan

Chengdu Apr 10, 2015 at 10:49 AM

Myself, my wife and our two kids (19 & 21) will be in Chengdu for around 5 days end June 2015.
      Want to see main attractions Panda, Giant Buddha, Mt Emei,.. and enjoy rural side. Just discovered that car hire isn't available for non Chinese.
      Anyone know what cost of car & english speaking driver would be per day excluding admission fees etc.

3 Answers Apr 13, 2015 at 3:36 AM
    • Monastary/Temple stay

Chengdu Feb 1, 2015 at 3:51 AM

Where can I book 2 nights to stay with my family (2wife and 2 grown up kids) in the mountains please. Planning a June trip.

• tuff's Profile Photo

Foot massage

Chengdu Jul 27, 2014 at 3:15 PM

I will be in Chengdu for two nights, any recommendation on safe clean place for foot massage after a long day of turing? Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Jul 31, 2014 at 2:46 AM
    • nightlife!

Chengdu Jun 29, 2014 at 6:37 AM

is the mgm nightclub a good spot to go on Friday nights for a black tourist in china?

• Travel from Jiuzhaigou to Zigong

Sichuan Sheng Jun 16, 2014 at 11:31 AM

We will be travelling in September and would like to know the best way to get to Zigong from Jiuzhaigou.

• transport and driver

Nanchong Apr 1, 2014 at 6:21 AM

i need to travel from Nanchong to Ciangxi county about 100 km. I wish to hire transport and driver or is it cheap by taxi?

• Intercon Resort Paradise Jiuzhaigou Hotel

Jiuzhaigou Mar 25, 2014 at 5:59 AM

Is this hotel within short walking distance to the National Park?

3 Answers May 15, 2014 at 2:25 PM
    • HossamM's Profile Photo

How can I reach Zigong from Suzhou?

Zigong Mar 21, 2014 at 7:25 AM

I am travelling to Suzhou next week. I will be staying in Shilla Hotel Jinji Lake. And I want to visit Zigong Dinosaur museum during Sunday. How can I reach Zigong Dinosaur Museum from Suzhou? I couldn't find a direct train from Suzhou to Zigong. How can I reach Zigong through train or internal flight? I know the road is very long between Suzhou & Zigong, that's why I excluded automobile or bus transportation.

1 Answer Mar 28, 2014 at 12:11 AM
    • Suggestions on affordable hotel in Chengdu

Chengdu Jan 15, 2014 at 6:28 AM

We are a family with 5 children ages between 13- 9 and we want to go to Chengdu to see the panda reserve. Any suggestions a good affordable hotels? What else would you recommend doing in Chengdu?

8 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 11:23 PM
    • ilovehospitality's Profile Photo

Daying, Suining, Sichuan: Titanic Replica Attraction

Suining Dec 10, 2013 at 5:39 PM

ONLY in Daying, Suining, Sichuan: Titanic Replica Attraction....Can anyone see this great project is being built? hAS IT STARTED TO BE BUILT YET!? Thanks a lot!

• Travelling to JZG in dec

Jiuzhaigou Oct 21, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Is it too cold there? cause im afraid that i cannot handle the cold. and is the scenery as nice?

2 Answers Oct 24, 2013 at 8:55 PM
    • any church in panzhihua area

Panzhihua Oct 10, 2013 at 12:22 AM

any christian or catholic church in Panzhihua

• Availbility of the Jiuzhaigou Grand Hotel (Jiuzhaigou Guanliju Guibinlou Jiudian)

Jiuzhaigou Aug 30, 2013 at 10:41 AM

The Jiuzhaigou Grand Hotel(Jiuzhaigou Guanliju Guibinlou Jiudian) is located at the entrance of Jiuzhaigou and was constructed by the Jiuzhaigou Scenic Area Administration,

1 Answer Aug 30, 2013 at 7:52 PM
    • NorainS's Profile Photo

air port budget hostel

Chengdu Aug 6, 2013 at 11:36 PM

is there any budget hostel near Cheng du airport????

1 Answer Sep 2, 2013 at 9:35 PM
    • NorainS's Profile Photo

bus to panda centre

Chengdu Jul 29, 2013 at 4:53 AM

Hi travelers, Does any one knows whether public transport available from Yang shi jie (羊市街)to Panda centre?

2 Answers Aug 11, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    • Recent flood and landslide between Chengdu and Jiuzhaigou

Jiuzhaigou Jul 18, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Want to know if the roads connecting Chengdu and ZiuZhaigou are still open for safety travel after the flood and heavy rainfall in July 2013.
      Thanks a lot

1 Answer Jul 19, 2013 at 1:50 AM
    • nepalgoods's Profile Photo

Anybody in Chengdu May 20th to May 25th?

Chengdu May 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I would like to meet people

• Landlords house

Chengdu Mar 29, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Hi, chatting to a local guide in people's park yesterday and he mentioned a place called the landlords house. Apparently,it is a house that was left standing after the cultural revolution and is now a museum. Cannot find any info on line - any ideas? Thanks

4 Answers Mar 31, 2013 at 1:44 AM
    • chin_cw_48's Profile Photo

Tourist Trap

Chengdu Mar 13, 2013 at 7:42 AM

I will be in Chengdu and Chongqing next month - April 2013
      What are the tourist traps I should be aware of?
      Thank you.

5 Answers Apr 12, 2013 at 7:59 AM
    • A guide for Chengdu?

Chengdu Jan 20, 2013 at 1:40 PM

We are staying 2 nights at the Nova Travelling Lodge with the express intention of seeing the pandas at the research centre. We have not booked a guide as, having lots of research, we feel we can do this part of the trip by ourselves.
      We will be arriving at the railway station and getting a taxi to the hotel.We would like to go to the Sichuan Opera in the evening and see the pandas the following day. I have tried to contact the hotel to find out if they can book a cab for these experiences but have had my e mail pinged back. Is this doable without a guide?
      Quite happy to hire a guide but if we can save some money by not doing so then even better!
      Any advice appreciated.

6 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 1:06 AM
    • contact e mail for 'She Hotel'

Chengdu Oct 25, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Hi , Trying to find contact address for above hotel - cannot find web page on search engine. Any ideas?
      Many thanks.

9 Answers Oct 29, 2012 at 9:42 AM
    • Transportation cost

Jiuzhaigou Oct 11, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Hi.I would like to know how much does it cost for a taxi or cab from Juizhaigou to Huanglong?How long is the journey? thx

1 Answer Oct 29, 2012 at 1:04 AM
    • 13scorpio's Profile Photo

Guyun Inn booking 松潘古韵客栈

Songpan Aug 18, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Hi, interested to book Guyun Inn next to Songpan bus terminal, however can't get online booking but only telephone.

Is is safe to book through phone ? I never experience before. September is kinda peak season and travel together with mom, so would like to be at the safe side.

• 13scorpio's Profile Photo

Bus from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou

Chengdu Aug 18, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Hi, going to Jiuzhaigou with mom from Chengdu this coming Sept, and plan to go by bus. Kinda worry about the long hour journey and bus condition.

Appreciate inputs on following :-

1. Bus from Xinnanmen, how is the bus condition ? Is seat assigned or free seating ? Can the seat be declined or adjusted ?

2. Bus from Xinnanmen is run by different companies, e.g we can choose the type of bus like how many seater bus ?

3. Other than the frequent bus from Xinnanmen, is there other option like tourist centre's with better bus ?

Many thanks.

2 Answers Aug 21, 2012 at 6:57 PM
    • Where to Stay in Juizhaigou?

Jiuzhaigou Jul 31, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Hi.I would like to know where to stay in Juizhaigou preferably if possible near to the entrance of the Juizhaigou Park?Thanks

3 Answers Aug 2, 2012 at 7:47 PM
    • lollipop18moon's Profile Photo

12 days Chengdu-Emei-JiuZhaiGou-ShangHai

Chengdu Jul 28, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Hi everyone,

I have 12 days in China in September and intend to plan a trip as follow. Hope you can give me some advise because there are many details:

1Sep: arrive Chengdu around 13:10, find hostel nearby (maybe Sims Cozy), evening walk around, see Sichuan face changing show.

2Sep: take bus to Leshan, enjoy Leshan and take bus to Mt Emei, look for hotel on top of Mt. Emei, spend the nite.

3Sep: Up early for sunrise, enjoy other parts of Mt Emei on the way down (Baoguo Monastery, Fuhu Monastery, Xiujia Fall, First Pavilion). Afternoon, visit Huanglongxi Old Town and go back go Chengdu.

4Sep: Morning visit Giant Panda. Evening Jinli Street and other nearby streets.

5Sep: Take bus to Jiuzhaigou, whole day on bus

6th & 7th Sep: Jiuzhaigou - Huanglong

8th: Whole day bus back to Chengdu.

9Sep: fly to Shanghai and stay there until 12Sep.

I wonder how many hours it takes to enjoy Leshan on 2 Sep, afraid it takes long time and when we reach Mt Emei it's already eveningtime. Next morning we may not have enough time for Mr. Emei. Is that the case?

Will 2 ways bus back and forth between Chengdu and Jiuzhaigou too much to bear? Should we opt for 1 way flight and 1 way bus instead, that way we will be less tired and have more time in the park? Should we do choose bus route from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou or the other way around?

Phew, that's a lot of info. Hope you guys can help me. Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 29, 2012 at 5:48 AM
    • ChengXu and Jiuzhaigou

Sichuan Sheng Jun 10, 2012 at 7:00 AM

I have booked 2 and a half days in Chengdu. But on reading the forum I feel that I am missing out on the spectacular Jiuzhaigou. I have 3 days in Xi'an. I am wondering if it is worth changing flights to get an extra day in Jiuzhaigou and if it is viable to see the Pandas, Leshan and E.shan mountain in 3 days. Or am I being too ambitious.

3 Answers Jun 24, 2012 at 4:20 PM