VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Shek O Village

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Decent Hotel

Hong Kong Dec 31, 2016 at 9:11 AM

Planning to go to hong Kong and have friends staying at the Kowloon Shangri la...however this hotel is WAY out of my price range. Does any one know of the Regal Kowloon ? I've been reading reviews and they go from great to bugs in bed..and dates are old (2008) Anyone stay there recently? If anyone can suggest another hotel in that area I would appreciate it..

more
    • Best area to stay for tourist attractions

Hong Kong Dec 30, 2016 at 4:04 AM

Suggestions please for reasonably priced hotels and where to stay in Hong Kong poss March 2017 - interested in culture - no cable cars please

Many thanks

more
    • Taxi from Hong Kong International to Shangri La Kowloon

Hong Kong Jan 12, 2017 at 9:30 AM

How easy is it to get a taxi at the airport in the evening (8-9 PM)? How much is the fare on average, including luggage? Do the taxi drivers expect a tip, and if so, how much? Do airport taxis take US dollars? Do airport taxis accept credit cards?

As an alternative, are there reasonable limo services? Online, it looks like about $100 US and up.

Carl

more
    • VeryNyhus's Profile Photo

Need help with wedding plans

by VeryNyhus Online Now Aug 19, 2004 at 11:11 PM

Hello, Gung-ho on the idea of having our wedding during a trip to Hong Kong during the week of October 26th . We love to hike so thought to get married on one. (The wedding dress goes in the back pack). I can't seem to find how to contact someone to perform the ceremony. Atop Dragon's Back seems like a lovely view spot one might 'take the plunge' followed by dinner in Shek-O. I need to find someone to take the trek and perform the ceremony? What official title(s) or certification does this person need to have? I also would like to know in what area should I look for a nice hotel that would be closest to the To Ten Wan trailhead. Also any hotel recommendations for our honeymoon stay in or near Sanya, Hainan Island, China? Any suggestions or info contacts would be greatly appreciated.

3 Answers Sep 10, 2004 at 10:10 PM