Sharm El Sheikh

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• travelling to the north coastal area in Egypt from Cairo Airport

Egypt Oct 17, 2016 at 2:14 AM

I travelled to Egypt on my own approximately 1 year ago when i was 21 all the way down from Cairo to Qina and then to Al Quseir which went very well, i'm planning to travel again to the north coastal region like Salloum and Marsa Matruh, however my question is, is there a direct bus-route from Cairo airport to Salloum? since the places i went before are more familiar since there are alot of English speaking people compared to the small places i want to travel now since i don't want to caught up clueless in the middle of the desert (i don't speak arabic just a few basic lines i'm Turkish).

• Please help!! 1st time travelling in egypt.

Egypt Oct 25, 2016 at 1:48 AM

hello folks,
      i am planning to visit egypt in december with my parents and wife.we will be staying for 10-12 days. please suggest itinerary for cairo aswan luxor and hurdhaga.please include all must see places and overland travel.i dont like to take all inclusive tour packages.i love to plan and travel it possible to tour economically this way in egypt or i must have to take tour package from agency!! is it possible to buy train tickets or arrange car and guide individually in each places from hotel or from other good options.please help folks.thanx in advance. :)

Near Sharm El Sheikh

• Safari with 2 years old

by WissalA Online Now Jul 25, 2016 at 3:35 AM

Can i go Safari with a 2 years old?

3 Answers Jul 25, 2016 at 2:04 PM
    • Cheapest accomodation option

by RafaK Online Now Jun 6, 2016 at 9:36 PM

My husband and I are hoping to visit Sharm for one month, around mid-July. But we are on a budget so trying to find the cheapest accommodation possible (that is still clean and doesn't have bugs).

We have found a one-bedroom apartment in Nabq Bay (with a full kitchen and living room) for 1250LE per month, plus water and electricity bills.

But I have also heard that due to a lack of tourists, the hotel rates are dropping. And because of the weather we will need to use the AC. So I am wondering if a hotel room would be cheaper than the apartment.

I am looking for advice on how to get the best and cheapest hotel deal, and whether it would be cheaper to get half-board with the room OR breakfast and eat dinner out.

We have never been to Egypt so this is all new to me. And we want to spend as little as possible. We don't need any sort of fancy hotel or anything, just something clean (and I don't do well with bugs).

So our options are:
      a) Apartment for 1250LE+water+electricity, cook ourselves
      b) Hotel room only, buy meals outside
      c) Hotel room with breakfast, buy dinner outside
      d) Hotel room with half-board

I like option D because then all our expenses are already sorted (other than cigarettes). But the cheapest I have found so far is Amar Sina Hotel for $500CDN half-board, and the reviews say the food isn't great and lacks variety.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time and help!

• Sharm El Sheikh holiday 2016

by Emma91 Online Now Jan 30, 2016 at 8:25 AM

Hey just wondering if anyone knows when flights will resume to Sharm airport? As me and my boyfriend want to book to go to the resort in May, We have heard rumours that flights will resume sometime in March, But are unsure if we should book now or wait until we know a date for definite, finding it very hard to get any info from anyone!!..We really want to go back this summer, so if anyone can help us that would be great.

2 Answers Jan 31, 2016 at 2:10 AM
    • Club magic life

by Euanjones Online Now Nov 29, 2015 at 11:58 AM

Is this hotel closed until March 2016

6 Answers Nov 29, 2015 at 2:22 PM
    • december we are booked to go to sharm el sheikh is it safe

by KerryP4 Online Now Nov 17, 2015 at 5:38 AM

We are booked to fly to sharm 8n 24th december this year no one is saying its safe we need answers or to be able to change our holiday

13 Answers Nov 27, 2015 at 1:19 AM
    • Is it safe?

by Blueeyes62 Online Now Nov 16, 2015 at 3:06 AM

We have a vacation for a week booked leaving November 20-27, 2015. Has anyone travelled there in the last couple of weeks?

3 Answers Nov 16, 2015 at 5:32 AM
    • rdolling1's Profile Photo

Transfer from Sharm El Sheikh

by rdolling1 Online Now Oct 24, 2015 at 10:37 AM

My wife and I are going to stay near SOHO square in a couple of weeks for 5 days. We would like to join a small bus or private transfer to Taba, specifically a resort hotel to eventually cross border to Eilat. I had read about a bus that goes once per day, but have no recent info. Has anyone used SUNTRANSFERS, as their website shows a one way transfer from SSH to Taba hotels for 65 euros? I understand lining up a taxi at the airport would be much higher cost? Is there a visitor center to line up a transfer after we arrive? Thank you for any advise.

1 Answer Nov 3, 2015 at 2:07 AM
    • passport expiry

by kerrycee Online Now Oct 22, 2015 at 2:48 AM

i am due to travel to sharm el sheikh for a weeks holiday on 10th december 2015 but my passport expires on 16th june 2016 am i still ok to travel

6 Answers Nov 3, 2015 at 2:18 AM
    • Weather end of November

by nataliageorgieva Online Now Sep 10, 2015 at 4:35 AM

I have booked a holiday at the end of November in Sharm El Sheikh and I was wondering what it the weather like then.
      My friends told me that is ok but when i look online it says 19C beggining of December which I think is a bit cold

6 Answers Sep 12, 2015 at 4:36 PM
    • Safe to travel

by pgreechan Online Now Aug 30, 2015 at 6:41 AM

I'm thinking about travelling to Sharm late September 2015, is it safe to travel ? and what is the weather likely to be ?

7 Answers Sep 5, 2015 at 1:12 PM
    • Spending money

by Nametab460 Online Now Aug 11, 2015 at 9:15 AM

Hi I'm coming to Egypt next week with my girlfriend we are aged 19 and 20. We are staying at the club magic life resort all-inclusive for 1 week. I was just wondering how much spending money you would recommend taking between us we are also looking to go out to Naama bay some of the evenings and do some things there

2 Answers Aug 12, 2015 at 3:51 PM
    • Travel safety question

by kostarica Online Now Aug 3, 2015 at 1:15 AM

Is it a risk to go buggy ride in the desert in sharm el sheikh due to the significant increase in criminal activities ??

1 Answer Aug 3, 2015 at 2:13 PM
    • Avoiding hassle.

by ShelleyD8 Online Now Jul 29, 2015 at 10:55 AM

Hi, I came to Sharm for the first time a year and a half ago. Myself and my family went for a walk in the evening we were constantly hassled then my daughter fell a man from a perfume shop offered to help us. To cut a long story short he locked the door and was pointing to my husband's wallet for money and trying to sell us different products. In the end I had to get quite angry with him and demanded he let us out I gave hime $2 for his help for my daughter if he opened the door. Last visit at Easter my children didn't want to leave the hotel because of this. I'm coming in September with my husband for our second honeymoon we would like to explore a little we are in the Hadaba area. Any advice how not feel harassed all the time?

6 Answers Jul 30, 2015 at 3:35 AM
    • Private Beach Club Sensatori Sharm

by SuzanneB12 Online Now Jul 29, 2015 at 3:15 AM

I have learned that they now provide these new facilities. Has anyone tried them, how much do they coat a day, are they worth the extra money?

• Desert excursions

by adriancrosland Online Now Jul 9, 2015 at 1:59 AM

Heading to sharm in august was just wondering about the security of the excursions like the dune buggying we were looking to do a couple of the desert ones but am slightly concerned as to if it's safe or not would appreciate any advice

2 Answers Jul 9, 2015 at 9:18 AM
    • October weather

by MitchAherne Online Now Jul 5, 2015 at 4:43 AM

Hi me and my girlfriend are in Sharm for the first time in mid October. Not going to ask the usual clichéd questions about the safety as we have already read plenty on this. Would like to know what to expect weather wise? I don't like to trust Internet averages or travel agent statistics would rather find out direct from people who experience it regularly. What can we expect temperature wise and sun strength? I love the sun but my partner has to be a lot more cautious due to her skin type. Any info would be great.

4 Answers Jul 6, 2015 at 4:30 AM
    • Has anyone returned from Sharm in the last week, is it safe?

by Sarah_81 Online Now Jul 5, 2015 at 3:11 AM

Due to go to Sharm in 2 weeks am I wrong to be concerned in the light of recent events? Any advice welcomed

25 Answers Jul 8, 2015 at 10:38 AM
    • gibbard88's Profile Photo

Is Sharm safe (concerns after Tunisia attack)

by gibbard88 Online Now Jun 29, 2015 at 1:00 PM

Hi, I am travelling to Sharm in 3 weeks with friends and our young children. We are staying at the Coral Sea Aqua resort and have been excited for some time. We are slightly concerned following Fridays horrible attack in Tunisia and are looking for some assurance that the area is safe. I understand that the hotel in Tunisia had a private beach and was frequently used by British tourists so although its is many miles away, is not dissimilar. I would never put my family at risk at any cost so hoping someone could assure us as to the safety measure of the hotel and resort.

10 Answers Jun 30, 2015 at 4:41 AM
    • Sensatori Sharm El Sheikh SAFE

by BrandonWilliams1995 Online Now Jun 29, 2015 at 2:20 AM

We Fly Thomson out to Sharm July 16th For 2 weeks, we have been 3 years in a row, but with recent events we r so worried, Thomson have no plans no cancel meaning £4500 down the pan, what do you guys think?

6 Answers Jun 29, 2015 at 9:21 AM
    • To per book or not to per book - Excursions and taxis

by NothingAvailable Online Now Jun 14, 2015 at 6:06 PM

Me and my fiancé are visiting Sharm this month for the first time! Super excited

We wanted to pre book excursion but we've come across looooads of horror stories about tour operators not turning up!
      Also both of us understand haggling in principal but have never had to put it into practice so we are a little weary as we have NO idea how much stuff should cost!

Any advice/experiences/recommendations/tips or tricks would be very much appreciated!!!

3 Answers Jun 29, 2015 at 9:33 AM
    • Things to do and night life

by Frody23 Online Now May 24, 2015 at 1:34 PM

Hi I am goin to sharm el sheikh in July 18th with my girlfriend for the first time we are 27 and 21 we be staying at the blu sharm aqua we just want to know what the hotel is like for are ages we like to do activities in the day and drinking at night as we have no kids and what is the night life like thanks lee

4 Answers Jun 29, 2015 at 5:26 AM
    • first time mum to Egypt with 10 week old...HELP what do I take?

by mumto4 Online Now May 21, 2015 at 4:19 AM

I just wanted to know if I needed a car seat for the transfers to hotel and the plane to Cairo? as I wasn't thinking of taking one and carry little one in a sling/ buggy Also I have a 3 wheeled travel system would I be ok taking this or would you advise a stroller? also can you easily buy sma milk out there/nappies etc. I was gonna take enough for the holiday but just in case wanted to know. Thank you in advance for any replys

3 Answers Jun 29, 2015 at 5:27 AM
    • Evening entertainment

by jv666 Online Now Apr 19, 2015 at 5:41 AM

we have just returned from our 1st trip to sharm, staying at the coral sea holiday village.
      It was an amazing holiday but the only thing it lacked was adult entertainment in the evenings, i.e. professional shows etc.
      Can anyone tell me if there are any all inclusive hotels in sharm were they do have good evening entertainment so you don't have to venture out of the hotel.

1 Answer Apr 19, 2015 at 5:46 AM
    • Visiting Sharm in June 2015

by KelvinM1234 Online Now Apr 2, 2015 at 12:27 PM

Hi Folks I am new to the forum and have had a look around and decided to join up.

I am travelling to Sharm el Sheikh in June 2015 with my partner, her child and her childs friend.

I have a few questions regarding the weather, medical facilities and general hospitality currency etc.

I understand the temperature will be 38 degrees if not higher, is there any advice on avoiding the sun midday etc and keeping hydrated?

I also hope that during our stay none of us have to use the medical facilities within sharm but if this is the case are they of a good standard?

Also I have heard differences in opinion of what currency to use US Dollars/Egyptian pound/English pound what is the best one to use?

Also due to the ongoing conflict which I understand is thousands of miles away I take it the sharm el sheikh resort is under tight security?

And lastly I am staying at the Tirana aqua park hotel has anyone used this hotel before? it seemed to have good reviews on trip advisor etc and had an aqua park hence the reason we booked it

Apologies for all of the questions just a bit apprehensive as it's my first visit to Sharm and it looks fantastic and I can't wait to holiday here!

7 Answers Apr 3, 2015 at 4:29 AM
    • sharm in may

by debsm1 Online Now Mar 31, 2015 at 6:09 AM

Hi, can you tell me what sharm is like in May? Is it full of Russians and can you recommend a good all inclusive hotel for couples. Thank you :)

1 Answer Apr 1, 2015 at 5:09 AM
    • Going to Sharm in a a week

by ItsSaad Online Now Mar 16, 2015 at 6:50 AM

I'm going to Sharm with my family in a week. what restaurants do you recommend? where should we go or visit? i was in the Sharm 7 years ago. have many things changed since then? Are there good decent bars?

2 Answers Mar 17, 2015 at 11:05 AM
    • Tipping / gratuities.

by Antonski Online Now Mar 11, 2015 at 12:24 PM

We have a recent trip to Egypt coming up, Sharm el Sheikh and Cairo.
      Can anyone advise on acceptable amounts to tip in Bars / Hotels / Restaurants, also excursion guides and transfer drivers.
      We don't want to offend by giving too little, and don't want to be excessive either.
      Many thanks.

2 Answers Mar 12, 2015 at 9:02 AM
    • Beckylloyd's Profile Photo

Could someone tell me please

by Beckylloyd Online Now Feb 19, 2015 at 3:35 AM

Hello! Me and my boyfriend are planning on booking a holiday on Tuesday to go to sharm el sheikh in May 2015 but iv hered loads of horror stories and been reading loads about it and I'm worried. But I really want to go I just want to know wat it's like ther and will We be safe, also would be be aloud to go anywer like to see the pyramids and all that stuff like all the musiums without anything happening. Could someone tell me please before I book. Thanks

42 Answers Mar 1, 2015 at 10:57 PM
    • passport validity

by AngelaL28 Online Now Feb 17, 2015 at 4:10 PM

Hi. I booked a last min holiday to sharm for me n my daughter due to leave in 2 days. I know i should have researched.. but found out passport has to be valid for 6 months after date entering... which is 19.2 15 and daughters expires 16.8.15.. 3 days less than the 6 mth rule... now i plan to travel and hope firstly they let me on the plane and secondly that she may be allowed in.. as its only 3 days..
      Please could someone advise if this may be unwise.. will they let her in.. will we get sent back?? How we supposed to get back if our flight bk is 14 days later?? Hol cost all i had and really want to take her but v worried.. please reason for constructive advice.. not just "dont go" thanks all x

10 Answers Feb 20, 2015 at 1:17 PM
    • Sharm el sheikh safety

by Ckeeley91 Online Now Feb 16, 2015 at 12:37 AM

Hi I'm travelling to sharm el sheikh on Thursday (19th feb 15) it's the first time travelling with my little boy so I'm nervous anyway, but I just wanted to no how safe it is, as there is a lot going on atm. Also any advice or feedback of anyone out there or who has been recently would be appreciated. I just need a bit of reassurance and to know I'm not putting my family at risk.

7 Answers Feb 17, 2015 at 3:32 AM