VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Shaoxing

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Chyan's Profile Photo

What to wear in Nantong in February?

Nantong Feb 5, 2017 at 3:17 AM

Can i know whether a long-john, a wool sweater and a Marmot Calen jacket are sufficient to protect me from the cold in Nantong in February? Temperature from 1 Degree Celsius to 9 Degree Celsius.

more
    • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Internet Situation

China Jan 25, 2017 at 9:38 AM

What is the internet situation in China? Can I access Yahoo, Facebook, work emails (Outlook), Whatsapp? Anything special I need to do prior to leaving the U.S.?

more
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Shaoxing: Night Life & Swimming

by soundchaseruk Online Now May 14, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Are there any nice bars where a traveller can sit and while away an evening?

Also i love swimming so I wondered is there a public swimming pool, or is it just the hotels that have pools ?

1 Answer May 16, 2012 at 4:17 AM

6 Days in Shaoxing

by soundchaseruk Online Now May 13, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Sometimes when we travel LESS CAN BE MORE. I mean that my travel plans start at Shanghai in September, and I may stay in Shaoxing for 6 days, using it as a base. it looks like a great city to explore so i thought "why dash around from place to place? " so I was wondering (besides going to old Shanghai or West Lake) can anyone recommend some nice villages or countryside to visit which can be accessed from Shaoxing in a day ?

I just thought that staying in Shaoxing would be great; I can feel a little part of life there and also get local busses to interesting places

Al comments welcome

shaoxing to wuhan

by soundchaseruk Online Now Mar 26, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I am considering taking the fast train from wuhan to guangzhuo but I need to get from shaoxing to wuhan to connect. any ideas ?

11 Answers Mar 29, 2012 at 5:22 PM
    • hangzhoulover's Profile Photo

Shengzhou, what's fun here?

by hangzhoulover Online Now Dec 28, 2005 at 11:29 PM

Anyone live in Shengzhou? Know anything interesting to do here? Any good nightlife or museums or parks or whatever?