Shanghai Shi

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• VOA to shenzhen

Shenzhen Oct 18, 2016 at 8:55 PM

Hi, I am Indonesian. I will go to Shenzhen via Hongkong in December 2016 with my family,
      is Visa On Arrival (VOA) still available?
      Please kindly advise . Thanks.

• travel to Luang Namtha

Kunming Oct 18, 2016 at 3:22 AM

In December we would like to travel from Kunming to Luang Namtha. To save time, we would like to hire a car and driver. Does anybody know approximate cost, time of travel and possible companies to contact please.
      Many thanks

• Suzanne_M's Profile Photo

Anyang Oct 8, 2016 at 10:44 AM

i would like to go away on vacation in DECEMBER-JANUARY. i can leave as early as DECEMBER 10, 2016 and return at the latest on JANUARY 8, 2017. i would like to go somewhere SUNNY and HOT, preferably with a BEACH, and NOT (TOO) EXPENSIVE. i would be travelling alone. i am not too fussy about the destination, but a basic minimim would be nice. is there a website that has special deals with last-minute deal on 'surprise' destinations? i heard about that some time ago, but i am not sure where. thanks in advance!
      p.s. i would be leaving from MONTREAL, QUEBEC.

• Manufacturers carved wooden french style table legs

China Oct 15, 2016 at 9:45 PM

Where can I get info regarding factories in China who manufacture carved wooden table legs. It must be accessible from Hong Kong by train. I search but need more info.
      Regards Elze

• Internet and tours

Xi'an Sep 30, 2016 at 7:40 AM

I will be in Xian from 9-15 October this year. I have a few questions:
      - is there a need to configure my Samsung Note to access internet?
      - is it cheaper to use private taxi/driver or to join advertised tours on viator for two senior travellers
      - how to get to Citadines Central Aparthotel from Xian airport?

Appreciate advice. Thank you.

• Beijing Capital International Airport

Beijing Shi Sep 26, 2016 at 7:05 AM

Do you think 60 minutes is enough for international transfer in Terminal 3 at Capital Airport?
      I am landing at 12:25 and the connecting flight is at 13:25, so I have exactly 60 minutes.

• Best day trip to see the Great Wall

China Oct 1, 2016 at 6:12 AM

Hello, we are traveling to Bejiing next week for several days (I know it will be busy as it is a national holiday), but want to know recommendations for best experiences at the Great Wall. We have looked at several tour agencies, it is advised to take a tour with a guide? If so, is it possible to book the trip from our hotel once we arrive, or do we need to book ahead of time? recommendations? thank you.

Popular Shanghai Shi Travel Answer Locations

• fishnet102's Profile Photo

Seafood restaurants?

Shanghai Sep 15, 2016 at 7:29 AM

Which seafood restaurants in Shanghai would you recommend that has lots and lots of fish tanks, an indication of really fresh live seafood and many choices. Heading for Shanghai in about two weeks. Thanks in advance. Bob

4 Answers Sep 19, 2016 at 6:47 PM
    • Kokid08's Profile Photo

Men's Clothing and Beer

Shanghai Shi Aug 29, 2016 at 10:38 AM

Question #2: Is it appropriate for men to wear shorts in China and can beer be purchased in local stores for hotel consumption? Is the alcohol government regulated?
      Thank you,

4 Answers Sep 18, 2016 at 9:38 PM
    • Kokid08's Profile Photo

Tamron Lens

Shanghai Shi Aug 27, 2016 at 11:01 AM

Am interested in purchasing a Tamron Lens for my Canon T5i but am hesitant because of the warnings of electronics stores in Shanghai. How do I verify the store & merchandise prior to purchase? Am I being too cautious?

5 Answers Aug 29, 2016 at 5:33 AM
    • stoowie's Profile Photo

Ancient Water Towns

Shanghai Aug 20, 2016 at 4:02 AM

I have a few extra days to spend in Shanghai and would like to know what ancient water towns to visit. Looking to visit the ones that are not over run with tourists.
      Thank you

9 Answers Sep 15, 2016 at 3:42 AM
    • Bus from Zhouzhuang to Shanghai train station

Shanghai Jul 26, 2016 at 3:41 PM

Which bus to catch to Shanghai train station or Shanghai city central please? And where to catch and get off. Thanks

1 Answer Aug 28, 2016 at 4:23 PM
    • What are the shoe sizes here in China?

Shanghai Jun 21, 2016 at 11:43 AM

What are the shoe sizes here in China? They do not have anything like size 9 or size 10 in the U.S. For the same pair of shoes, they may call it 25 or 40 the same while. How do the local ones tell the sizes of their shoes? Advise on that wanted. Thanks.

2 Answers Jun 21, 2016 at 4:26 PM
    • Ferry travel from near Shangahi to Seoul,S.Korea

Shanghai Jun 20, 2016 at 6:23 PM

I want to go from Shangahi to Seoul,S.Korea by Ferry, whats the best way to go and how long does it take?

Thank you in advance.

7 Answers Jun 22, 2016 at 5:34 PM
    • ddbleu's Profile Photo

What to do for a 9-hour layover

Shanghai Jun 6, 2016 at 10:51 AM

We'll be returning from Cambodia, en route to the U.S. later this month, and have a 9-hour layover in Shanghai between the hours of 4 am to 1pm, basically a free morning. Any recommendations of what to do? Is there somewhere we can leave our bags at the airport? Thanks in advance for suggestions.

9 Answers Jun 8, 2016 at 3:44 AM
    • AlanS51's Profile Photo

Shanghai May 18, 2016 at 7:00 AM

Any possibility to meet with s tudent who wants to practice English for a tour

7 Answers May 18, 2016 at 11:45 AM

Shanghai May 18, 2016 at 6:58 AM

Anyone have experience at South Bund Fabric Market? I woud like to get a moderate price suit?

5 Answers May 18, 2016 at 4:33 PM

Shanghai May 18, 2016 at 6:55 AM

Waht are the general costs for 2 people for dinner?

6 Answers May 18, 2016 at 8:44 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Need to know the time taken to travel to Wuxi from Shanghai Pudong Airport

Shanghai May 8, 2016 at 3:24 PM

May i know how long it takes to travel from Shanghai Pudong Airport to Wuxi Train Station and from Wuxi Train Station to Wuxi Airport? Flight arrives in Pudong Airport at 7.20 pm and need to catch flight to Singapore from Wuxi Airport at 11 pm.

3 Answers May 9, 2016 at 10:23 PM
    • markbank's Profile Photo

Help me abt shooping

Shanghai May 3, 2016 at 1:00 AM

Just want ti know which place for best shooping and price for tablecloths, handbag and children toy especially barbie..i stay at charms hotel...pls help me with area name and how to go via metro

1 Answer May 9, 2016 at 8:22 PM
    • markbank's Profile Photo

Help me about our trip

Shanghai Apr 16, 2016 at 8:06 PM

My friend and i will visit shanghai on 4/5/2016 9//52016,,pls help me abt this

1) which place to shopping...nit expensive area and can bargain..

2) which area for nightlife and hangout

3) can someone tell me about thing or place must do or never miss in shanghai

4) currency exchange have comission or not and which better to change in shanghai or Kuala lumpur

5 Answers Apr 18, 2016 at 11:49 PM
    • happpymike's Profile Photo

Jiujiu Holiday Hotel, Shanghai!

Shanghai Apr 12, 2016 at 9:56 PM

I have done a pre-reservation for Jiujiu Holiday Hotel, through!
      Any comment on this hotel, will be highly appreciated!
      Tks in advance!

5 Answers Apr 28, 2016 at 1:43 AM

Where to buy Cell Phone!

Shanghai Apr 12, 2016 at 9:50 PM

Hi There!
      Is it any cell phone market/ DJ products market in Shanghai? Can I buy
      original products on reasonable price in Shanghai?
      TKS in advance!!

1 Answer Apr 19, 2016 at 2:08 AM
    • Hotel to stay in Shanghai

Shanghai Apr 9, 2016 at 4:40 AM

I will visit Shanghai at 16/4/2016. Currently booked chunshenjiang hotel in HuangPu. But I haven't pay for the hotel yet. Hence I wish to get some suggestions from you all. Budget around 200rmb and easy access to Pudong International Airport. Thanks

2 Answers Apr 9, 2016 at 10:31 AM
    • 8 hours in Shanghai (PVG)

Shanghai Mar 9, 2016 at 7:08 PM

I will have an 8 hour layover in Shanghai and I have couple of questions. Do I have enough time risk free to go for a quick tour and come back and reconnect to my flight, or is it risky? Is there any short tours from the airport that do that? I know there is in Kuala Lumpur.
      Finally, with a US passport, do you need a visa if you are only in Shanghai for 8 hours and on your way back home?
      Thanks in advance.

6 Answers Mar 12, 2016 at 9:19 AM

Where to stay in Shanghai!

Shanghai Feb 29, 2016 at 10:16 PM

Hi there!
      I will be in Shanghai, for the 1st time, to visit CMEF fair, on Apr.17-220,2016!
      Where is the best entertainment and night life place in Shanghai?
      TKS in advance,

5 Answers Mar 3, 2016 at 2:24 PM
    • Things to do around Hong Qiao Train station

Shanghai Feb 21, 2016 at 8:30 AM

I have two questions about Shanghai.
      1. Are there any things recommended to see or do around the Train station?
      2. Is there somewhere to leave suitcases at the train station before our trip?

4 Answers Feb 23, 2016 at 2:13 PM

How to spend a day on our own in Shanghai

Shanghai Nov 23, 2015 at 1:07 PM

We are two active seniors ( 70's). How can we spend a day ( not too expensive) seeing off beat Shangahi.

5 Answers Nov 29, 2015 at 2:44 PM

Question about visits with locals

Shanghai Nov 23, 2015 at 1:06 PM

We are two active seniors ( 70's). We would like to meet some local people to exchange culture and ideas. Is that possible?

1 Answer Nov 23, 2015 at 3:37 PM
    • Best location to stay

Shanghai Oct 28, 2015 at 10:00 PM

I'll be traveling with my husband and 2 kids in december. We are very confused as to what area is the most convenient and nice. The options are jing'an, french concession, and xintiandi. Please help us decide. thank you

6 Answers Oct 30, 2015 at 5:01 AM
    • sirgaw's Profile Photo

Maglev station

Shanghai Sep 20, 2015 at 8:49 PM

Hi everyone,

Lady Gaw and I are going to parts of China in a few weeks time and although it is more expensive, we want to leave Shanghai city area to airport via the maglev train. We'll get to that station by taxi. I want to visit the maglev museum which I believe is part of the station complex and I'm hoping there is a left baggage area where we can dump our bags for an hour or so while we visit the museum and maybe grab some lunch at a nearby. Does anyone know if there is a left baggage area at that station complex please.

Thanks in advance

2 Answers Sep 20, 2015 at 9:12 PM
    • Ecko Unltd clothes

Shanghai Shi Aug 19, 2015 at 9:42 AM

Hey guys

any one knows a shop or shopping mall in shanghai that sells Ecko Unltd clothes ?

• Hostel or Hotel near Jing'an College

Shanghai Jul 18, 2015 at 8:13 AM

Hello dear travellers,

My fiancée is in Shanghai at the moment to take a language class at the Shanghai Jing'an College, 601 Jiaozhou Rd, Jing'an, Shanghai. She still needs a place to stay, where she can sleep and study. Can anyone recommend a hostel or hotel or anything alike that is close to the college, or at least easy to get there?

And it should be cheap enough to afford a one month stay.

Thank you very much for your effort.

2 Answers Jul 18, 2015 at 6:20 PM
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

canal towns

Shanghai Jun 11, 2015 at 11:07 AM

I plan to travel to Qiandeng from Shanghai for the day. I am wondering how to take the bus there from Shanghai. I also want to go to Zhouzhuang from Shanghai and stay the night at Zhouzhuang and then go to Fengjing from Zhouzhuang and then return to Shanghai from Fengjing. I am wondering if there is a bus from Shanghai to Zhouzhuang and than a bus from Zhouzhuang to Fengjing and from Fengjing to Shanghai.

Thank you

• Visa requirement?

Shanghai May 12, 2015 at 4:04 PM

We are schedule for a port of call in Shanghai, China on Celebrity Millennium, Nov 1, 2015 We will be in port for 16 hrs then sail on to our next port of call, Okinawa, Japan. Do we need a Chinese Visa to do a day tour of Shanghai or does the 24 hrs visa free transit apply. Has anyone recently been on cruise to Shanghai and did you need a visa to get off to tour?

2 Answers May 17, 2015 at 9:05 PM
    • listenandlearn's Profile Photo

Shanghai, China April 4, 2015

Shanghai Apr 3, 2015 at 7:09 PM

In less than 48 hours, we will be in Shanghai, China. Will we need heavy winter coats? We will be coming from Bangkok, Thailand. Is there a place where we can purchase the local sim card at Pudong Airport? Many thanks VTers!!!!

6 Answers Apr 7, 2015 at 4:21 AM
    • listenandlearn's Profile Photo

Shanghai, China April 4, 2015

Shanghai Apr 3, 2015 at 6:57 PM

In less than 48 hours, we will be in Shanghai, China. Will we need heavy winter coats? We will be coming from Bangkok, Thailand. Is there a place where we can purchase the local sim card at Pudong Airport? Many thanks VTers!!!!

3 Answers Apr 4, 2015 at 5:13 PM