change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Chyan's Profile Photo

About flying one-way to Seoul-Incheon with EastarJet

by Chyan Online Now Oct 16, 2016 at 3:27 PM

My EastarJet one-way ticket has this clause.

"You need to have round trip tickets in possession. If you try to get on board without returning ticket, you may be rejected so please try to understand. However, this does not matter if you have visa."

This clause only appears on the ticket after successful online payment to EastarJet.

Does anyone understand what it means? I just bought Incheon-Ho Chi Minh City ticket from VietJet Air. Is BKI-ICN-SGN considered round-trip ticket?

Or do you think i might have booked wrongly?

• Chyan's Profile Photo

About flying one-way to Seoul-Incheon with EastarJet

by Chyan Online Now Oct 16, 2016 at 3:27 PM

My EastarJet one-way ticket has this clause.

"You need to have round trip tickets in possession. If you try to get on board without returning ticket, you may be rejected so please try to understand. However, this does not matter if you have visa."

This clause only appears on the ticket after successful online payment to EastarJet.

Does anyone understand what it means? I just bought Incheon-Ho Chi Minh City ticket from VietJet Air. Is BKI-ICN-SGN considered round-trip ticket?

Or do you think i might have booked wrongly?

15 Answers Oct 17, 2016 at 5:30 PM
    • Best play to stay in Seoul for the first time

by imbapatha Online Now Aug 4, 2016 at 11:56 PM

Hi there, I'm travelling with my older brother to seoul for 3 days around October. It's our first time in Seoul and we're not sure where we should stay (I'm 22 and he's 26). I understood Hongdae is the best place to stay for young people but I saw its pretty far from the main attractions in Seoul like the N Seoul Tower, Dongdaemun Market, Myeong-dong,Gyeongbokgung Palace, etc. What are your recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Aug 5, 2016 at 3:44 PM
    • Indian guest house in Seoul ?

by samirvaks Online Now Jul 31, 2016 at 11:02 AM

Travelling in 2nd week of august to Seoul. please let me know name, number and adress of indian budget guest house or hotel in Seoul serving vegetarian food.

1 Answer Aug 1, 2016 at 5:24 AM
    • Hello travelers !

by So_swt Online Now Jul 21, 2016 at 6:27 AM

Is anyone going to Korea around August 17?

8 Answers Jul 22, 2016 at 3:49 PM
    • Cab fare from Myeongdong to Gimpo Airport

by lsee68 Online Now Jun 11, 2016 at 6:25 AM

Hi! Can anyone advise the approximate fare and time required to travel from New Oriental Hotel in Myengdong to Gimpo airport for a flight out to Jeju? I'm thinking of booking the 7am flight so am concerned about the taxi cost since the Gimpo airport seems really far on the Google map and we may have to pay wee morning taxi rates if applicable.

Also, since it's a domestic flight, can I assume check-in time is 1 hr before? We are a party of 3 people each with a medium size bag to check in. Thank you!

8 Answers Jun 13, 2016 at 10:59 PM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

Is booking in advance necessary for a tour of Seoul and around?

by christine.j Online Now May 19, 2016 at 7:56 AM

We'll be in Seoul end of July for about one week. The main purpose is attending a wedding, but we'll have two days for tours of Seoul and possibly one other destination in the area. There are so many interesting places and tours, that it's very hard to decide what to do.

Is it necessary to book a tour in advance? Or can we decide one or two days before we go and book through the hotel?

Is there anything which is an absolute "must-see" ? Any tour companies better than any others? There are so many and it's hard to tell.

The Korean Folk Village, a city tour of Seoul with the palaces and the secret garden are already planned, and we won't go on a tour to the DMZ - but other than that we haven't decided yet.

I'd appreciate any tips. Thank you in advance.

9 Answers Aug 1, 2016 at 4:36 AM
    • A reputable DMZ Tour company

by Johan81 Online Now May 9, 2016 at 1:34 PM

I´m going to Korea next week and is looking for a reputable company for DMZ Tour. I was looking at Koridoor but they where fully booked during my dates.

Anyone who can recommend a company?

• Anyone visiting south kore this august

by Camille0222 Online Now May 1, 2016 at 3:54 PM

I'm travelling alone this mid august maybe around 10-14 days in seoul. I'm kind of a little but scared roaming around just by myself. And this is my first ever trip abroad alone  Is anyone going alone too this august?

4 Answers Jul 21, 2016 at 6:28 AM
    • yavili's Profile Photo

money exchange

by yavili Online Now Mar 29, 2016 at 5:38 AM

Which area / street is good for money exchange in Seoul? I assume the rates at Incheon Airport are bad. Thanks.

3 Answers Apr 15, 2016 at 3:31 AM
    • weather in South korea and suggested clothing for the trip

by manoftileSK Online Now Mar 13, 2016 at 6:55 AM

Dear all,
      Towards the end of this month, i and a group of friends will be visiting Korea.
      our inetery will be as follows:
      Malaysia to Busan.
      Jeju Island,
      Goyasan Nat Park,
      Sobeckson / Danyang,
      Seoul and then return to Malaysia.
      Our trip will take us three weeks to go over these places, and we also hope to travel light.
      Please kindly advise how will be the weather like in these place during the period from 21 March to 10 April 2016?
      Any suggestion on how to have to prepare our clothing.

5 Answers Mar 20, 2016 at 11:41 AM
    • Help with my Seoul trip

by Johan81 Online Now Mar 1, 2016 at 10:42 AM

I´m going to Seoul in mid May. I haven't decided how many days yet, but I will be in South Korea for 1 to 1,5 week.
      I will be based in Seoul but would like to see something more of South Korea so I have a couple of questions :-)

• how many days do you recommend in Seoul? 5-7 days?
      • is there anything outside Seoul, but not to far away, that you can recommend? (I will visit DMZ) Any island or any nice village? I like nature and hiking and I would like to see the "real Korea".
      • I've been reading about Sokcho and Seoraksan National Park. Is that something you can recommend? I read that the bus ride takes about 3 hours from Seoul. Is it worth it? How many days? 2-3 days?
      • where is the best area to stay in Seoul?

9 Answers Mar 25, 2016 at 8:25 AM
    • aepagsuyuin's Profile Photo

7 days in seoul

by aepagsuyuin Online Now Feb 19, 2016 at 11:06 AM

Hi i am going to seoul first of march.

Can you help me plan a 7 day itinerary around seoul.

Also, i am planning to do a sidetrip to Gyeongju. Maybe spend two to three days there.

How do i get to Gyeongju from Seoul. What are my options. And much will i cost me.

I do not mind the hours of travel. But the budget is a big factor for me.

Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Feb 22, 2016 at 4:40 AM
    • I need an Interpreter

by mansoor74 Online Now Dec 25, 2015 at 2:10 PM

I am leaving for Seoul in a week time.
      How can I find English/Korean interpreter ?

6 Answers Dec 27, 2015 at 8:37 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Has anyone booked online with Air Busan before?...

by Chyan Online Now Dec 16, 2015 at 5:32 PM

Has anyone booked online with Air Busan before? Last night i booked online with Air Busan for a domestic flight to Busan from Seoul but when I checked my booking on its web-site i cannot find my booking though the reservation number is correct.

I only received an email itinerary and payment receipt from the webmaster of Air Busan.

I am concern whether the booking is valid or not.

4 Answers Dec 24, 2015 at 11:58 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Where to go on a Christmas in Seoul?

by Chyan Online Now Dec 13, 2015 at 7:09 AM

For a tourist, where to go on Christmas in Seoul? What to wear?

2 Answers Dec 14, 2015 at 12:51 AM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

Which hotel to choose?

by christine.j Online Now Dec 4, 2015 at 2:56 AM

We'll be attending a wedding in Seoul next summer and I've started the very early planning. My travel agency recommended two hotels, the Grand Hilton Seoul and the Best Western Premier Gang Nam. Since the wedding hall is in Gang Nam , I'm thinking of the Best Western.On the other hand, I read that the Hilton is much quieter and so may be better to unwind after the ceremony.
      Has any VT member been there and can compare the two hotels? Thank you for any information.

6 Answers Dec 5, 2015 at 10:14 PM
    • First train from Hongik to Incheon

by lilyatimok Online Now Dec 3, 2015 at 1:56 AM

Hi. I need to reach Incheon airport by 6.30am. What time is the first train from Hongik station to Incheon airport & if I take the first train will I make it on time? Should I take the express train or the commuter train?

1 Answer Dec 3, 2015 at 4:13 AM
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Passageway inside Seoul Station b/w subway and AREX platform

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Nov 23, 2015 at 9:36 PM

We plan to catch either the AREX Express or All Stops from Seoul Station to Incheon Airport. We would be coming to Seoul Station from City Hall Station on Subway Line 1.

Read that now there is an underground passage-way direct from the Subway Line 1 & 4 to the AREX Platform. However, if you want to travel to Incheon Airport by the AREX Express you will require to buy the Express Pass separately since you can't use the T-Money..

Thus, what would be my option if I were to choose to travel by AREX Express? My priority is to use this passage-way from subway Line 1 to the AREX Platform (To cut traveling time and avoid stairs).. Thus, I don't want to have to exit subway station to go over to buy the AREX Express Pass from the AREX Ticketing booth inside Seoul Station..

Can the AREX Express Pass be pre-purchased a few days earlier from Incheon Airport?
      Is there an Express ticketing booth along the transfer path inside the underground passage-way?

Tq, Mel

2 Answers Nov 23, 2015 at 11:14 PM

Can a 1 DAY M-Pass be bought in advance and used as a T-money card first?

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Nov 18, 2015 at 7:27 PM

Seoul M-Pass

Hi guys!

We will be in Seoul for 4 nights. First night at the W Walkerhill and the balance at Kukje Hotel near Kwanghwamun/City Hall Stations. Arriving and departing from Incheon International Airport. We plan to take the KAL bus from the airport to W Walkerhill. From W Walkerhill, we will take the subway to Kukje Hotel. Then, from Kukje Hotel we will return to the airport using the subway (to Seoul Station) then the AREX (I'm worried of being stuck in the jam if taking the airport bus).

Looking at the transport card I need help understanding the Seoul M-Pass card vs the T-Money card.. And wondering which is better and more cost saving?

1. First of all, re the T-money, the 2,500Won you pay to purchase the empty T-money card is non-refundable, right? As well as the 500won admin charge..
      While for the M-Pass, everything is refundable (aside from the 500won admin charge).

2. I read that M-Pass is a transportation pass that covers Seoul Subway Lines 1-9, AREX’, standard train and Seoul buses. M-Pass also has the T-money function. Thus, once you have used all of the M-pass’ allotted subway rides, it can still be used as a T-money card after adding to the balance.

Now I'm wondering, can the M-Pass be purchased in advance? Meaning can I buy the 1 DAY M-Pass at the airport upon my arrival (Telling the staff we would only be using it 4 days later), load the T-money, start using the T-money when we travel from Walkerhill by subway to Kwanghwamun Station.. Then only use the 1 DAY M-Pass on my final day to take the subway from Kwanghwamun to Seoul Station and the AREX from Seoul Station to the airport (I just read now the AREX tix had been reduced to 8000won until 31st Dec, 2015)..?

Our flight is at 4pm so we may still get to take public transport somewhere on the morning of the final day, using the 1 DAY M-Pass. Even though we don't, for the 10,000won we spent to purchase the 1 DAY M-Pass, with the 9350won (the 8000won AREX tix and the 1350won Subway tix from City Hall Station to Seoul Station), we only lose minimal amount of 650won. Vs losing 2,500won if we bought the T-money card.

Tq, Mel

2 Answers Nov 26, 2015 at 7:57 PM

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Nov 17, 2015 at 12:01 AM

Hi guys,

I'll be traveling by subway from W Seoul Walkerhill Hotel to New Kukje Hotel (12, Sejong Street22, Jung-gu, Seoul, 100-101).
      I would like to find out which exits have elevator/escalator since I do not want to lug my heavy luggage up the stairs..

I know from Walkerhill I can take the subway either from the Gwangnaru Station (Line 5) OR the Kangbyun Station (Line 2) to the city center.
      I also know the nearest subway stations to New Kukje Hotel are the City Hall Station and Gwanghwamun Station

Line 5 from Gwangnaru: 1. Change to Line 2 at Uljiro4 then get off at City Hall Station

2. Change to Line 1 at Jongno 3 then get off at City Hall Station
      3. Direct to Gwanghwamun Station

Line 2 from Kangbyun: 1. Direct to City Hall Station

Which of the option above is better for me in term of availability of escalator/elevator?

Tq, Mel

1 Answer Nov 17, 2015 at 7:29 PM
    • What is the best mobile service/phone while traveling through South Korea and Japan?

by onglueme Online Now Oct 22, 2015 at 6:15 PM

In November my girlfriend and I will be traveling to South Korea and Japan. Our trip will start in Seoul from where we will drive to Busan over a period of 10 days. We will then hop on a ferry from Fukuoka, Japan from where we will drive to Tokyo over a 10 day period. Therefore, I am looking for the best option for a phone.

My requirements are as follows: Data, phone, GPS via phone.

Now I have heard many options:

1. Rent a phone when I get there.

Concern: Is it in English? Do I rent a new one in Japan, since I am splitting my time between two countries.

2. Rent a pocket WiFi that will allow me to have amazing download speeds.

Concern: Not sure how that will work out with GPS and talking.

3. Currently, I have a Sprint phone and service which is registered in NYC which has capability for international service.

Concern: I am not sure of the coverage GPS, data and talking.

Now if you have any experience with any of the options above, I would greatly appreciate for some advice.

I will be renting a car with the option for GPS, should I just go with that, separately in each country and is it too much of a risk to rely on Sprint.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have read many pages online and everyone has a different opinion.

Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Oct 23, 2015 at 6:05 AM
    • Stopover at Seoul Airport for about 8 hour

by neuland14 Online Now Sep 30, 2015 at 12:16 AM

i am searching a link to make a reservation for the free Transit Tour Program.

Thanks for your help!

2 Answers Sep 30, 2015 at 5:48 AM
    • Strad's Profile Photo

About Area in Yongsan-gu , Seoul 140-190

by Strad Online Now Sep 12, 2015 at 8:54 AM

First time in Korea, staying the area mentioned above 10 minutes walk from Seoul Station.
      Can someone give me some idea for what this area about?

Thank you in advance!

3 Answers Sep 12, 2015 at 3:53 PM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Can tourists enter Gimpo International Cargo Terminal?

by Chyan Online Now Aug 29, 2015 at 10:32 PM

Hi, may i know whether tourists can enter Gimpo International Cargo Terminal? I am visiting T'Way Air and Jeju Air Seoul Branch Office in this terminal.

1 Answer Aug 30, 2015 at 3:42 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

URGENT: How to go to T'Way Air Head Office?

by Chyan Online Now Aug 29, 2015 at 6:27 PM

How to go to T'Way Air Head Office at 153 Achasan-ro, Seongdong-gu, Seoul via Subway? Is it alighting at Achasan station and travel by taxi?

5 Answers Sep 1, 2015 at 7:59 AM
    • Massage Bed

by lebridge Online Now Aug 28, 2015 at 1:39 PM

Where can I buy a ceragem or nuga best massage beds in seoul

• SuciB's Profile Photo

One Room for Couple

by SuciB Online Now Aug 24, 2015 at 8:25 PM

My husband and I playing to stay on a long budget vacation in Seoul. I was wondering if we can stay in Goshiwon for couple? Or is there any other option for us that won't require us to pay too much or to pay key money? We are planning to go on October. Your help and advice will be much appreciated. Thank you.

1 Answer Aug 24, 2015 at 10:11 PM
    • Seoul, Korea

by ineedanumber Online Now Aug 12, 2015 at 6:30 AM

What should I bring to Seoul, Korea? (Period: August)

1 Answer Aug 12, 2015 at 6:51 AM
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

NY Eve 2015 Near Market - Any good places to eat and celebrate?

by soundchaseruk Online Now Jul 14, 2015 at 1:56 PM

My wife and I are stopping over New Years eve this year and I have booked a hotel 5 minutes from the market. Can anyone recommend places to eat good local food and maybe somewhere we we can celebrate NYE ? We stay in the Namsam City Hotel near Namdaemun market recommends :- Odarizup, Aesung Hoigwan, Korea Ginseng Chicken Soup (a name of a restaurant ??!!!), Saffron and 70's Radio

Also will the market be open that night and NY day?

It would be great to eat somewhere local and see the NY in, in style

3 Answers Jul 27, 2015 at 7:55 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Is it still safe to enter Seoul with MERS virus around?

by Chyan Online Now Jun 4, 2015 at 6:57 AM

Hi, is it still safe to enter Seoul now suffering from MERS virus? I hear many tourist groups from China and Taiwan have cancelled visits to Seoul.

2 Answers Jun 7, 2015 at 8:14 PM