VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Scandinavia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Traveling to Door County by plane from NC

Door Creek Jan 3, 2017 at 12:30 PM

Hello. In August of 2017 we will be traveling from Raleigh Durham Airport, NC to Clark Lake in Door County, WI. We are frequent Southwest Airlines fliers, so we would like to use our Southwest earned miles, but are not sure of the best airport to fly to. We know we will be renting a car to reach Door County from whatever airline we select. We are thinking Green Bay or Milwaukee, but are not sure whether SWA travels to Green Bay, or if the difference in cost would make it more economical to drive a rental from Milwaukee. Looks like a 2 1/2 hr drive from there to Door county. Thanks in advance for any help

more
    • Camping in & up the west coast of Norway

by vincent49 Online Now Jan 31, 2012 at 4:43 AM

We are looking at travelling up the west coast of Norway in a rental car in late july.
      I have heard camping is pretty 'relaxed' .We were looking to save spending by pitching a tent. If its not private property can we just setup a tent nearly anywhere and not be bothered? I was trying to avoid paid camping spots as we are on a limited budget.

Also, in july, how far north is accessible by car? Looking to then drive accross to Lapland.

2 Answers Jan 31, 2012 at 12:20 PM
    • mnarcelles's Profile Photo

Scandinavia

by mnarcelles Online Now Sep 9, 2008 at 3:11 AM

Good day Vters,

Can I have a piece of advise, if it is alright to join a tour on scandinavia for 12 days,
      which will cost me 1,700 US$ for the duration of the tours, or will I be able to do it on our own via eurail or the like. do you think it will be possible? if so,then how about accommodations? will it be hard to get a hotel near the train station for two.and will it be safe. thanks a lot for the help.Am running out of time since we plan to leave 1st or 2nd week of October..

thanks a lot.

3 Answers Sep 9, 2008 at 7:23 AM
    • Trains in Scandinavia

by carolwho Online Now Aug 18, 2008 at 7:32 PM

Hello!

We will travel to Norway, Sweden, and Copenhagen at the end of September.

It makes financial sense for us to purchase railpasses. We are debating purchasing a Scansaver pass, or else a Select pass (first class).

Are many/most of the trains in Scandinavia second class only? Is second class comfortable for longer train rides (e.g. greater than 4 hours).

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

3 Answers Aug 19, 2008 at 8:16 AM