Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bus schedule

Florence Oct 8, 2016 at 12:49 AM

How late at night does bus number 17 run from the city center? I need to get from there to a hostel at midnight

• Florence at Christmas

Florence Oct 15, 2016 at 8:23 AM

We are considering a visit to Florence from December 26 to Jan 1. This wil not be our first visit, but the first time spending a full week there. Any suggestions for activities? Any special holiday events? Should the weather be good enough for touring?

• David Tomorrow?

Florence 19 hours ago

We only have tomorrow afternoon (Oct. 21) and night in Florence before we fly out Saturday morning. I really want to see the statue David but I hear that the lines are always long unless you're on a tour. Will I be able to get into a tour that lasts just an hour or 2 if I don't get there until noon or shortly after tomorrow? What is the best way to set something up? (We do not have a phone here....)

We plan to stay in an Airbnb apartment in Pont Vecchio. I would really appreciate your help with this as I don't want to spend our limited time waiting in line to see the exhibit. Also, do you have any other things that are nearby that would be quick and easy to see?

Many thanks in advance!

• Venice to San gim to Rome

San Gimignano Oct 8, 2016 at 3:38 PM

Hi, trying to figure out best way to do the rental car...should I train to Florence and rent a car there, or pick up the car in Venice and drive to s gim? Sounds like the drive isn't particularly scenic. And at the end of the week in San gim, we will be heading to Rome. I know not to drive there, so should I return the car in Florence, Siena, Orvieto, or Rome airport? We could take train from Florence, Siena or Orvieto. Thanks in advance,

• toreskobba's Profile Photo

Via Francigena San Gimignano to Siena

Tuscany Oct 5, 2016 at 2:16 PM

I have 4 days in Tuscanny in mid october and I was thinking about doing part of the Via Francigena, more specifically San Gimignano to Siena, or Ponte d'arbia to San Quirico. I like to take photos so which one of these would be nicest in fall. Or any other 3 day walks recommended in fall in that area? From what I have read its quite feasible to do it alone as it is quite well marked and with signs, but I find very little information about doing it alone, mostly tours. I am planning on taking the bus to San Gimignano and starting the next morning, does that sounds ok?

Warm regards
      Tore Skobba