VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Sanya

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• aussiejen's Profile Photo

Travel agent or book myself for domestic flights and river cruise?

China Dec 25, 2016 at 8:43 PM

We will be in Shanghai in early June 2017 and would like to do a Yangtze River cruise from Yichang to Chongqin then fly to Xian for a couple of days then fly back to Shanghai again. Is it feasible to book this myself or does this need to be done through a travel agent and be on a private tour?
      I figure we don't need a tour guide while on the cruise, but is it easy enough to get from end of cruise in Chongqin to airport with maybe a quick look around or trip to the zoo if I just organise a guide/driver myself?

more
    • npg's Profile Photo

Thank you and goodbye

Shanghai Jan 8, 2017 at 3:34 AM

Sad day being told that VT will be coming to a close! I hope I have been able to help travellers to Shanghai and other destinations. Happy and safe travels to you all and to all the VT staff.

more
    • misselisep's Profile Photo

Has anyone here booked a tour in China?

China Dec 20, 2016 at 3:54 PM

I'm planning a big trip to China next year (Beijing, Shanghai, Xi'an and maybe a few others) and I want to book either one big tour or a few smaller tours. I don't know whether to book a private tour (which costs more) or a group tour? I don't think I want to be on a tour bus full of people but am aware of the costs of private tours. I don't think I can travel in this region without a guide, especially as I have zero language skills.

Has anyone had any experience with this? What should I look out for or be concerned about? I'm not really sure where to start.

Also, does anyone know any good value places to book tours? Is it better to wait until i'm there and find them or book from an agent here?? Any help welcome!

more