change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bus to Finikia

by Eve9662 Online Now Aug 7, 2016 at 3:41 AM

Hi all,

I will be travelling to Santorini by ferry, which I will arrive at Athinios port. However, my hotel is located at Finikia.
      I have checked the bus timetable online, but I could not find a bus stop at Finikia.
      Could anyone please tell me which bus stop should I get down?
      Thank you.

more
    • MahRasoli's Profile Photo

How I can go to fira from Athens?

by MahRasoli Online Now Aug 15, 2016 at 1:42 AM

Please guide me to choice best way?

more
    • Sunset cruises

by Fawkes71857 Online Now Aug 24, 2016 at 10:53 AM

Hi!

I was looking on Viator for Caldera Cruises, and for the sunset cruises with dinner, it's 70€, but someone on there sad not to book online, just book when you get to Santorini as the prices online are almost triple what they normally are.

My question is:

Is this true?

If I wanted to book when I get there, where do I go?

Does anybody know approximate prices on the different sunset cruises?

Also, will be looking to cruise on or around September 10, so as it is technically low season, am I safe to wait to book until I get there? Or is there a good chance that everything will be booked up?

Thanks so much, you guys are amazing.

more
    • Sunset cruises

by Fawkes71857 Online Now Aug 24, 2016 at 10:53 AM

Hi!

I was looking on Viator for Caldera Cruises, and for the sunset cruises with dinner, it's 70€, but someone on there sad not to book online, just book when you get to Santorini as the prices online are almost triple what they normally are.

My question is:

Is this true?

If I wanted to book when I get there, where do I go?

Does anybody know approximate prices on the different sunset cruises?

Also, will be looking to cruise on or around September 10, so as it is technically low season, am I safe to wait to book until I get there? Or is there a good chance that everything will be booked up?

Thanks so much, you guys are amazing.

13 Answers 22 hours ago
    • MahRasoli's Profile Photo

How I can go to fira from Athens?

by MahRasoli Online Now Aug 15, 2016 at 1:42 AM

Please guide me to choice best way?

8 Answers Aug 15, 2016 at 8:57 AM
    • Bus to Finikia

by Eve9662 Online Now Aug 7, 2016 at 3:41 AM

Hi all,

I will be travelling to Santorini by ferry, which I will arrive at Athinios port. However, my hotel is located at Finikia.
      I have checked the bus timetable online, but I could not find a bus stop at Finikia.
      Could anyone please tell me which bus stop should I get down?
      Thank you.

4 Answers Aug 8, 2016 at 5:35 AM
    • 4 days to see the best of the island

by vasilistser Online Now Jul 14, 2016 at 4:06 PM

Hey guys!! I ll be in Santorini with 2 friends and we ll stay for 4 days. We wanna see the best and do things that are worth doing even if they are not mentioned in travel guides. For example what about watching the sunset frim a calmer place, with the view of the caldera but without the touristic mess and noise??
      What about the beaches? We ll be staying in Fira, so which ones are the most appropriate for us if we dont have a car there? Are there regukar buses?
      And of course I could really use every piece of advice and info about the island to avoid discomfort and to see and do beautiful things while we ll be there!!
      Thanks in advance!!!

6 Answers Jul 16, 2016 at 2:54 PM
    • First time to santorini - public bus transport

by Dreamyjez Online Now Jul 6, 2016 at 10:54 AM

Hi

Im going to santorini from 19-22 july and will be taking Aegean airlines, reaching about 6am. How do I take bus from airport to Megalochori?

How do we get around to different major villages from Megalochori?

Cheers!

4 Answers Jul 6, 2016 at 1:02 PM
    • Church visits

by Salmason Online Now Jun 23, 2016 at 7:41 AM

Hi, we're visiting Santorini for the first time next week. We love visiting churches and I was wondering what the dress code was. Will crop trousers and t-shirts be OK?

5 Answers Jun 23, 2016 at 11:13 AM
    • First trip to Santorini

by Salmason Online Now Jun 22, 2016 at 7:37 AM

Hi, my name is Sal Mason and me and my husband are staying in Firostefani next Tuesday for a week. We're hiring a car for the week and would love any recommendations of places to visit. We love archaeological sites, ruins, churches, cathedrals. We would also like any recommendations for tavernas, bars, restaurants, quiet beaches. Thanks. 

14 Answers Jun 22, 2016 at 1:28 PM
    • restaurant

by XerezZ Online Now Jun 17, 2016 at 12:20 PM

Any recommendations for a great restaurant in both Santorini and Mykonos? between 3 - 5 star, thanks in advance.

13 Answers Jun 22, 2016 at 2:50 PM
    • 2 days in Santorini

by jlensey Online Now Jun 7, 2016 at 4:39 AM

Require best itinerary to spend 2 days & 2 nights in Santorini.

7 Answers Jun 7, 2016 at 8:00 AM
    • Glass ornaments Santorini

by ChrisHay Online Now Jun 4, 2016 at 3:26 AM

Shop in Thira selling glass yachts, what is the name of it.

2 Answers Jun 5, 2016 at 4:36 PM
    • Santorini Princesss Spa hotel & Pegasus hotel.

by Juleslove Online Now May 17, 2016 at 4:58 PM

Hi will be visiting Santorini next year in May for our 25th wedding anniversary and are wanting to stay in Imerovigli area, wanting feedback on Santorini Princess spa, and Pegasus, the position, views etc and if anyone has stayed in a bed and breakfast in Imerovigli as well, also thoughts on where they are positioned etc.
      Thank you

4 Answers May 19, 2016 at 2:59 AM
    • toilets available?

by ianiow1980 Online Now May 15, 2016 at 4:30 AM

are there toilets anywhere

9 Answers May 15, 2016 at 3:00 PM
    • Maremma12's Profile Photo

" Taxi in Santorini "

by Maremma12 Online Now Mar 26, 2016 at 12:43 AM

We are planning to stay one week near Perivolos beach. We'd like to visit the island but my husband cannot climb on many steps, so we think about Taxis for transportation (we're a little scared from renting a car because of little narrow roads etc.) Do someone know about taxi's fare to visit most important places? Do they use taxameter? Do you know someone reliable and affordable? Thanks.

8 Answers Mar 26, 2016 at 11:09 PM
    • Agali Houses (Superior Room Sea View) vs Stefani Suites (Executive Split Level)

by PandyC Online Now Mar 9, 2016 at 7:47 PM

Hi, I would appreciate some advice on the above two hotels please. My husband, my 17 year old daughter and I will be going to Santorini this July. We want to stay in the Firostefani area but are having trouble deciding between these two places. Agali has a larger pool but the hotel has 30 rooms and I've read online reviews about mixed levels of customer service. Stefani Suites is a boutique hotel (4 units) which seems to be more attentive but it only has a small plunge pool. Santorini accommodation in July is quite expensive so we want to make the right decision. Thanks in advance for your info/comments.

1 Answer Mar 9, 2016 at 9:13 PM
    • Jannice48's Profile Photo

Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros

by Jannice48 Online Now Feb 14, 2016 at 6:07 AM

Just wondered if people thought it was worth waiting to book a ferry from Santorini to Folegandros in late September until nearer the time or not? Sea jets are available to book now for an extortionate €44 each way for a 40 minute crossing but is there likely to be a conventional ferry which would of course be a fraction of the cost, running daily late September into October? I realise the schedules for them can be as late as August when they're released but does anyone know of an intended ferry schedule for that time?

Thank you

Jan

3 Answers Feb 14, 2016 at 12:36 PM
    • Where to stay

by kathhill Online Now Jan 24, 2016 at 2:25 PM

We are a group of 8 people planning to visit Santorini this summer. We currently have the choice of 2 villas, one in Pyrgos & one in Oia. There are some young adults in our group who will want to get about and about independently to bars, restaurants etc, so which would be the best place to choose?
      Also, is there an accessible beach in Oia?
      Thank you in advance, Kath Hill

9 Answers Jan 27, 2016 at 4:00 AM
    • seanmccurry's Profile Photo

where to stay

by seanmccurry Online Now Oct 31, 2015 at 4:31 AM

Hi
      my wife and I are planning a week in Santorini next year. we like good food and lively nights. Any suggestions on where to stay please

Cheers.

6 Answers Nov 2, 2015 at 1:51 AM
    • o_henna's Profile Photo

Visiting santorini

by o_henna Online Now Oct 2, 2015 at 6:18 AM

We are three friends visiting Crete (3 days)- santorini not ( 2 days) - Mykonos ( one and half day) - Paros ( 2 days)
      Please suggest if this is a good itinerary or should we make any changes. We are somewhat on a budget, so please give us guidance as where all to go and is it possible to have one bike for the three of us ....we are safe drivers and petite.

Thanks
      Henna

7 Answers Oct 19, 2015 at 3:45 PM
    • car rental in Santorini

by zohar989 Online Now Sep 15, 2015 at 1:58 PM

Is it possible to rent a car at the port in santorini without ordering in advance? Since I don't know the exact day, but it will be 1st week of October. will it be more expensive?

2 Answers Sep 16, 2015 at 2:49 AM
    • Walk from Fira to Oia

by pip67 Online Now Jul 31, 2015 at 5:19 AM

Is there a map for this walk or is it signposted so easy to follow?
      Thanks.

7 Answers Jul 31, 2015 at 2:21 PM
    • MirellaS1's Profile Photo

getting about>

by MirellaS1 Online Now Jul 25, 2015 at 11:58 AM

how do i get to blue diamond bay hotel from the fira airport

10 Answers Jul 29, 2015 at 1:15 AM
    • Couple Fira or Oia church questions

by spamiepamie Online Now Jul 14, 2015 at 12:47 PM

I am driving myself crazy trying to figure out where certain churches are located.  I found the site "Greeka" and a guide to 9 churches in Santorini, but I'm trying to get more specific information on just where these churches are.  I've tried to attach a picture of one that really interests me that's in Firostefani.  I know Firostefani isn't that big, but I'm not great on finding things, so need some extra help!  Can you drive to this church (we're renting a quad bike) or must you drive close and then walk?

Also, I ran across an article that provides GPS coordinates (which I can't understand or get to work) to a church that's supposedly in Oia, but I'm thinking it's really Fira, as it mentions "Gold Street."  Isn't that in Fira?  It is a church (or maybe two) with salmon belltower and 2 blue domes.  The person is standing in front of a gate to (I suppose) a hotel or maybe just a way to get downhill to the church.  She says to duck into the alley beside the Minerali jewelry store.  Anyone know where this might be?  The GPS coordinates start with 36 degrees north and 25 degrees east, which indicates further to me that it's somewhere in Fira - but the numbers aren't in good enough shape for me to determine the rest and enter it into Google Earth..  

Also, this may be same church, but I read that there 's a really nice blue domed church with 3 bells in Fira, near Mama Thira's.  Can anyone give me more information on that?  Looks like the website where I found that is "theplanetd"under photography guide for Santorini.

One more question: I've used Google Maps and less so viamichelin to plot routes on Santorini.  Are those times fairly reliable, even if I'm going to some of the lesser tourist-traveled places like Mesa Gonia, Pirgos and Megalochori?

Thankyou & Efharisto tor anyone who can answer my questions!

2 Answers Jul 16, 2015 at 6:51 AM
    • Safety and situation in santorini

by WanzhenLim Online Now Jul 7, 2015 at 10:21 PM

Can i enquire regarding the current situation and safety in Santorini, considering the situation Greece is in now. Thank you

1 Answer Jul 7, 2015 at 10:56 PM
    • IngelaA's Profile Photo

IMPORTANT read about RED BEACH!

by IngelaA Online Now Jul 3, 2015 at 12:49 AM

IMPIS (Institute for the Study and Monitoring of Santorini Volcano) has sent a letter to the members of the Hotel Association Santorini. They want to draw everyone's attention of the status of Red Beach in Akrotiri:

"We would like to inform you and ask you to inform clients of this situation, and that access to the beach is extremely dangerous due to landslides, to avoid any accident with incalculable consequences for the island" They ask the members of the Hotel Association to contact the authorities and to take the nessesary steps to protect visitors from the enormous consequences that will occur in an accident due to a possible landslide.

The authorities have put up signs at the red beach but tourists does not respect these and still walk down. Very soon they will need to put a fence!

Ingela

2 Answers Jul 3, 2015 at 1:52 PM
    • Bus from port to fira.

by alexbodji Online Now Jun 15, 2015 at 6:06 AM

Can you always find a bus at the port to Fira, or must get a taxi.
      I will be there on july 2 at 3:00 PM.

4 Answers Jun 16, 2015 at 4:38 AM
    • Athina apartments

by Jayweez Online Now Jun 11, 2015 at 11:56 AM

Hi has anyone stayed at Athina apartments in Perissa Santorini me and two friends are going in July I just wondered if the location was good and is it near to bars and restaurants

2 Answers Jun 11, 2015 at 6:06 PM
    • Athina apartments

by Jayweez Online Now Jun 11, 2015 at 11:55 AM

Hi has anyone stayed at Arjuna apartments in Perissa Santorini me and two friends are going in July I just wondered if the location was good and is it near to bars and restaurants

2 Answers Jun 11, 2015 at 6:05 PM
    • RamkrishnaPaul's Profile Photo

3 nights 2 days

by RamkrishnaPaul Online Now Jun 10, 2015 at 1:57 AM

we are going to Santorini for 3 nights in July . Please advise the best places to visit .. . Is it really hot summer by end of July?

4 Answers Jun 11, 2015 at 7:13 AM
    • Black sand beach

by yanek1955 Online Now May 26, 2015 at 6:43 AM

coolI am going to stay at Marrianne Hotel in August, I understand that there is a black sand beach close by, can anyone tell me is the sand corse and how much are the sun beds and parrasols and is the sea safe to swim in. and are there any tavernas close to beach and whats the going rate for food and drink, thank you in advance.yes

9 Answers May 28, 2015 at 1:27 PM
    • Safety in Santorini

by alpha187 Online Now Apr 30, 2015 at 9:57 AM

Hi,

I am interesting in booking a holiday in Santorini tomorrow with my partner and I just wanted to know if this is a good idea as we are black and we do not want to risk being treated unfairly because of colour, can anyone advise me if skin colour is an issue? I don't want to pay all that money for a bad experience.

much appreciated.

Aaron

11 Answers May 4, 2015 at 10:04 AM