change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• TravelingSue's Profile Photo

What to do on Christmas Day

by TravelingSue Online Now Nov 15, 2016 at 7:06 AM

My friend and I will be in Santiago Chile from Dec 24-28 and would like to know what to do on Christmas Day. We would like to visit a home but don't know if there are any home experience tours. Any suggestions since it is holiday and many businesses will be closed.

more
    • apbeaches's Profile Photo

Wine Tours

by apbeaches Online Now Nov 12, 2016 at 8:45 AM

We appreciate the wines of Chile but have been to California, Finger Lakes & Long Island Wineries. We will be in Valparaiso & Santiago for a week this December. We think we'd like to visit a winery & see some tours that are a full day. I'd hate to miss seeing other things in this region, are there wineries closer to Santiago where we can spend a half a day? Any thoughts re. the time in Chile's wine region? Is it a must see & do?

more
    • TravelingSue's Profile Photo

What to do on Christmas Day

by TravelingSue Online Now Nov 15, 2016 at 7:06 AM

My friend and I will be in Santiago Chile from Dec 24-28 and would like to know what to do on Christmas Day. We would like to visit a home but don't know if there are any home experience tours. Any suggestions since it is holiday and many businesses will be closed.

4 Answers Dec 1, 2016 at 4:29 AM

Wine Tours

by apbeaches Online Now Nov 12, 2016 at 8:45 AM

We appreciate the wines of Chile but have been to California, Finger Lakes & Long Island Wineries. We will be in Valparaiso & Santiago for a week this December. We think we'd like to visit a winery & see some tours that are a full day. I'd hate to miss seeing other things in this region, are there wineries closer to Santiago where we can spend a half a day? Any thoughts re. the time in Chile's wine region? Is it a must see & do?

4 Answers Dec 1, 2016 at 9:08 AM

Plaza Baquedano

by apbeaches Online Now Jul 15, 2016 at 9:54 AM

Wanted to stay in a central hotel in Santiago. We think we like the Crowne Plaza on Plaza Baquedano. It looks like it is near the Metro and a central location to see tourists sights in Santiago. Any suggestions? Better ideas? Things not to miss?

6 Answers Aug 9, 2016 at 5:13 PM
    • fionaglasgow's Profile Photo

Vaping / e-cigarettes

by fionaglasgow Online Now Apr 23, 2016 at 9:57 AM

Please could someone tell me if it is legal to smoke e-cigarettes in Chile / what the rules are?

1 Answer Apr 23, 2016 at 11:05 AM
    • Bird/flower watching places reachable with ordinary long distance buses in nearby Andes

by TiborBudapest Online Now Mar 3, 2016 at 10:46 AM

Best trekking places in nearby Andes for daytime bird and flower watching which can be reached with ordinary long distance buses from Santiago?

1 Answer Mar 3, 2016 at 11:26 AM
    • Santiago day tour

by BIGNGIGI Online Now Mar 1, 2016 at 1:57 PM

We are a group of 10 and looking for a half or full day tour in Santiago on a Sunday. Any company recommendations appreciated. We are all first time visitors.

4 Answers Mar 6, 2016 at 6:55 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

renting a car

by agathi Online Now Feb 5, 2016 at 7:43 AM

After having seen most of the highlights in the typical centre of the city fro 2 days, do you think it would b?e a good idea to rent a car for the third and fourth day? One of them we want to travel to Valparaiso and if we finish early from there we can use the car to drive anywhere else before ending in Santiago and on the other day we can reach further interestin spots of the city, which could be reached by metro but a car would also give more freedom. Do you think its useless?

7 Answers Mar 19, 2016 at 9:05 PM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Night walk

by agathi Online Now Feb 5, 2016 at 5:05 AM

Hallo. Pls can you tell me some safe places where one can have a night walk, just to see buildings or plazas lighten and take some photos or even stroll aimless? Places not too noisy with clubs etc. but with some spots to have a beer perhaps. Thank you.

3 Answers Mar 19, 2016 at 9:01 PM
    • RusskiPower's Profile Photo

Wine tasting in Chile?

by RusskiPower Online Now Jan 17, 2016 at 2:39 PM

Hello fellow travellers!

Do you know where are the best places to go to for wine tasting in Chile please?

I have googled around and all I could find are guided group tours crammed into a very short time.

We would rather prefer a simple opportunity to sample, unhurried and unhassled, a few wines of our choice, even better with some nicely paired cheese, and maybe buy a couple of bottles afterwards.

Are there places like that between Santiago and Puerto Montt?

Thanks a lot in advance!

8 Answers Apr 5, 2016 at 6:32 AM
    • Connection from Santiago de Chile to Valparaiso on the 31.

by lotta987 Online Now Dec 29, 2015 at 7:07 PM

I arrive at midday (if i arrive on time which i doubt) at the busstation in Santiago from Argentina. Friends booked a bus to valparaiso but i'm afraid i won't be able to make that. I looked for other connections on turbus.cl but there are none available after 2. Are there other ways i can get to Valparaiso on the 31, i think many people want to go there for new years and i am afraid i won't be able to catch up with my friends.

Thanks for helping!

2 Answers Dec 31, 2015 at 2:52 PM
    • Cruising January 7, 2016

by Oliphant4 Online Now Nov 10, 2015 at 6:59 AM

My wife and I interested in sharing transfers from Santiago, Chile to the cruise port. We are willing to tour the winery.

3 Answers Nov 11, 2015 at 9:27 AM
    • JohanW's Profile Photo

Where to buy a Pullman bus ticket?

by JohanW Online Now Nov 2, 2015 at 10:50 AM

Is it easy to buy a long distance bus ticket from Pullman in Santiago?

Where can I get an adress list of Pullman sales offices? Could not find anything online.

Is it likely that the staff at the office speaks or understand English?

I'm a foreigner so I can't by my ticket online.

8 Answers Nov 5, 2015 at 10:47 AM
    • Travel to Puente del Inca, Argentina

by Yolindae Online Now Oct 24, 2015 at 12:02 PM

Are there busses traveling from Santiago to Puente del Inca? If so, how often?

3 Answers Nov 5, 2015 at 10:44 AM
    • Transportation

by fitzfor Online Now Sep 16, 2015 at 7:02 PM

Transfer from the airport to the marriott

3 Answers Sep 17, 2015 at 10:25 AM
    • Transportation

by fitzfor Online Now Aug 1, 2015 at 9:04 AM

We will be arriving in Santiago, Chile airport on January 14 and will need transportation to our hotel. On January 17 we will be transferring to the cruise port in Valparaiso. We will each have 2 suitcases. Any suggestion for means of an economical means of travel.

5 Answers Sep 22, 2015 at 12:40 PM
    • kayenewland's Profile Photo

In Transit for a full day

by kayenewland Online Now Jun 24, 2015 at 4:35 PM

Any suggestions as to tours to do from airport as i have a whole day to kill.
      Any reputable and reasonably priced private tour operators anyone can recommend.
      would appreciate any suggestions
      thanks

1 Answer Jun 25, 2015 at 1:59 AM
    • which stop to get off from the airport bus in SCL to catch the Hop on hop off bus?

by hsk1610 Online Now May 23, 2015 at 6:24 AM

Staying in Santiago for about 12 hours and wanted to go into the city. Which airport bus stop would be ideal to get off in Santiago to get on the hop-on hop off day for the day?

2 Answers May 24, 2015 at 1:17 PM
    • 124ellsa's Profile Photo

Cooking class

by 124ellsa Online Now Apr 22, 2015 at 7:12 PM

Will like to take a cooking class when I am in Santiago Chile any advice?

1 Answer Apr 23, 2015 at 4:40 PM
    • romar1971's Profile Photo

Chilean peso or US dollar?

by romar1971 Online Now Feb 19, 2015 at 12:14 AM

I'll be in Santiago then Valparaiso for 5 days before boarding a cruise ship. Do shops and restaurants prefer local currency or US dollars?

9 Answers Mar 1, 2015 at 7:46 PM
    • reciprocity fee

by chuck7777 Online Now Nov 22, 2014 at 9:12 AM

is this fee still charged?

7 Answers Nov 23, 2014 at 2:08 PM
    • Concha y Toro

by ssquare Online Now Nov 11, 2014 at 2:42 PM

We have already taken several wine tours here in Chile and wanted to see Concha y Toro - is it possible to just go there and have a glass of wine and perhaps a bite to eat without doing a tour?

7 Answers Nov 12, 2014 at 7:30 AM
    • School (children) in Jauary, Summer classes, activities for children

by PatriciaCosta Online Now Oct 15, 2014 at 3:07 PM

I want recommendation of school (children 8 and 5 years old) in January, summer classes with activities in Santiago Chile, they don´t speak English. They speak Portuguese.

• travel to Puerto MOntt

by Ghandal Online Now Sep 1, 2014 at 12:18 PM

what is the best way to travel from Santiago airport to Puerto montt Bus or plane?

8 Answers Oct 14, 2014 at 9:39 AM
    • mostaque's Profile Photo

looking for a travel companion

by mostaque Online Now Aug 18, 2014 at 12:47 PM

I am thinking of taking a trip to las terrenas tomorrow or day after tomorrow for 3,4 or 5 days. Kind of flexible.
      Any one interested ?

1 Answer Aug 18, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Hop on hop off bus

by romar1971 Online Now Aug 14, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Does Santiago have a city bus tour -like the Big Red Bus in other cities with a commentary in various languages?

2 Answers Oct 14, 2014 at 8:43 AM
    • hugheyjr08's Profile Photo

Best Hostel Santiago

by hugheyjr08 Online Now Jun 20, 2014 at 7:29 AM

What is a good hostel to stay at in Santiago? Is there something other than hostel that is better? Looking for something on the less expensive side

8 Answers Jul 20, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Hotel location

by romar1971 Online Now May 31, 2014 at 11:59 PM

What is the most conveniently located hotel for sightseeing and closeness to the bus station for onward travel to Valparaiso

3 Answers Jul 20, 2014 at 3:16 PM
    • Connection time needed between domestic flight and international flight at SCL

by Lankfo Online Now Apr 28, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Hi, I will arrive at SCL from Easter Island via LAN at 7:55 pm and have a scheduled international flight at 10:10pm that same night. Can I make the connection in 2 hrs? Thanks.

7 Answers Oct 14, 2014 at 8:44 AM
    • 24 hours in santiago

by FrankyW Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 6:45 AM

We arrive from Sydney into Santiago for just 24 hours before be catch a connecting flight to Peru. Where is bets to stay that is near the airport but still near the city that we can enjoy and explore for the day ?

Would downtown be a good idea ?

6 Answers Apr 5, 2014 at 7:44 AM
    • TRANSFER VALPERAISO CRUISE TERMINAL TO SANTIAGO HOTEL BY CAR WITH DRIVER

by PDMCKEEVER Online Now Dec 28, 2013 at 4:39 AM

How can we book this?

1 Answer Dec 28, 2013 at 9:53 AM