Sand City

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Eagle Lake or Mosquito Lakes?

Mineral King May 12, 2016 at 3:14 PM

I'm taking my family backpacking this summer and wanted to get people's opinions on whether to go to Eagle Lake or the Mosquito Lakes on our trip up from Mineral King?

more
    • Safe hotels

Fresno May 21, 2016 at 7:47 PM

I'm looking for a safe and nice hotel to stay at in fresno. My destination is the Turtle lodge consortium on mckinley ave. Fresno.

more
    • best scenic trails

South Lake Tahoe May 9, 2016 at 10:15 AM

Please let me know about the most beautiful trails for hiking which provide best views of the lake?

more
    • Tour Languages at Old Town Trolley in San Diego?

San Diego May 18, 2016 at 7:48 PM

Hello, at Old Town Trolley Tour, what languages do they use? Could you listen to the recorded tour at all? Is it only in English?' Thanks

more
    • La Mesa to downtown San diego

California May 18, 2016 at 2:15 PM

Fastest way to get to downtown San Diego from la Mesa 91941 area every morning early in the morning ?!

more
    • Tubing the Kern River

Kernville May 11, 2016 at 9:04 AM

We are camping in Kernville and want to enjoy the river. Should we bring our own tubes?

more
    • travelnut71's Profile Photo

Cheaper options for short stays

California May 12, 2016 at 6:35 PM

Hi there. I am Canadian thus the weak dollar and would like to travel in California for 2.5 weeks. In terms of prices I was startled, they are really high. I will be travelling with two young children so couch surfing may not be the best option. Airbnb seems expensive too. Where to? San Fran, Napa, Carmel, Saratoga springs, big sur, Santa Barbara and Los Angeles near the coast as in Torrence or Santa Monica. Any help on options? I see roach motels of over 150 US that's a lot! I don't like roaches!

more
    • what to wear

Sequoia National Park May 12, 2016 at 8:38 AM

we are touring the national park by car next week and was wondering how to pack. would really like to avoid bringing winter coats if possible

more
    • Heat in July

Palm Springs May 2, 2016 at 7:11 PM

Hi, I will be travelling to Palm Springs in July with my family, in a class-C RV we rented. Will it be too heat to walk downtown? Will some businesses be closed for summer? Thanks!

more
    • Nighthiking dangers

Yosemite National Park Apr 27, 2016 at 3:20 AM

Hello,

I'm planning to stay near Yosemite NP from May 27-29 and in one of those two nights, I'd like to drive up to Glacier Point two shoot some milky way photos as it rises righthand of Half Dome (between 10pm and 1am) if conditions permit. Lateron that night, I'd like to hike halfway down the 4 Mile Trail to be at a scenic spot where I have a reverse tunnel view, to get some sunrise photos as the first sunbeams strike the walls to the west.
      As I will be travelling on my own, is there a significant danger of mountain lion or bear encounters when I'm alone? Where could I look for other people/photographers who might be interested to join my plans?

Appreciated,
      Thomas

more
    • One home base in souther CA or two?

California May 16, 2016 at 1:56 PM

Youngish, active retirees looking to leave snowy East Coast for southern California next winter (Jan-Feb) for about 3 weeks, Possibly plan on renting via VRBO or similar or possibly suite hotels and visit from San Diego to Santa Barbara. (hope to do Big Sur, SF, etc on another trip). Interests are usual sights, museums, towns, (but not the silly touristy stuff) in the warmer weather. Question is whether to try to stay in one, two, or even three locations?? Is a base near LA workable with day trips, or even 2-3 nights stays north and south, or some other plan? Thoughts, please?

more
    • woodlowkev's Profile Photo

Tioga Pass

Yosemite National Park May 13, 2016 at 7:43 AM

I am due to enter the park from the east from Mammoth Falls on the 30th May and getting a little anxious it may not still be open. I have seen the Tioga pass update and it has not changed since the 6th May, but this also shows me that the Glacier Point has opened, looking at historic dates Tioga pass normally opens not too long after. Is this a fair assumption and can anyone say from experience if they think it will open in May?

more
    • drive from vegas to lake tahoe through death valley

Death Valley National Park May 10, 2016 at 10:35 AM

wanting to drive to lake Tahoe from vegas scenic route through death valley staying overnight part way in July.

more