VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Sancerre

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• What to wear

by barrysage Online Now Mar 28, 2016 at 7:03 PM

I will be at a language school in Sancerre for one month. Starting May 6. What clothes will I need?

4 Answers Mar 29, 2016 at 9:46 AM
    • Winery/town guided tours from Sancerre

by TravelBug1985 Online Now Oct 31, 2014 at 8:59 AM

We will be visiting France in July 2015. The day trips to the Sancerre wine region from Paris look nice, but we would like to spend the night and take a slower pace. We would appreciate any suggestions. We prefer a driver/guide.Thank you very much!

5 Answers Nov 1, 2014 at 8:14 AM
    • Bike rentals in Sancerre

by mfeldpusch Online Now Sep 11, 2012 at 11:18 AM

My wife and I are staying in Sancerre for 3 days in early October and would like to tour the local wineries/vineyards around Sancerre via a bike. Mainly for one day, is there anyplace in town to rent a bike? Is this something we need to make advanced arrangements? Also, any previous routes discovered that one is willing to share? :)

Thanks!
      Michael

• venter_rsa's Profile Photo

Visiting Sancerre

by venter_rsa Online Now Jul 2, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Hi guys!

Im planning to visit Sancerre in the beginning of September this year. I will be traveling from Paris and want to know how I can get there with public transport. Is there a direct train to Sancerre?

What recommended wine farms are there? What suggestions would you have for us in the surrounding area?

Thanks for all the help!

E

7 Answers Jul 5, 2012 at 1:51 PM
    • Sancerre visit in June

by Icruise Online Now Jun 2, 2008 at 6:40 AM

I will be staying near Sancerre for only four days in June 08. Any suggestions as to where to visit in that area or within 40 miles? I have my own car.

1 Answer Jun 2, 2008 at 12:06 PM